Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post > Trading Post - Archives - Read-Only

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-09-2005, 08:43 PM   #1
adora1
Occasional Poster

Default Trader Check?

Anyone know anything regarding James Quinn
e-mail is piperspost@webnet He wants $40 for a 2 hour tape and only accepts checks or money orders. I don't want to get screwed again
Old 08-09-2005, 09:35 PM   #2
lordsmurf
Frequent Poster

I hope you're patient. You may not get anything for 6 months.
And those prices are insane. What show are you looking for that's so special?
Old 08-09-2005, 10:48 PM   #3
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default $40 for 2 hour on vhs???

IF you are paying $40 for a 2 hour video tape and have to wait months to get it, it better be a video of long lost footage of the Kennedy Assasination or some other earth shattering moment?

That is steep!!
Old 08-09-2005, 11:57 PM   #4
stoogedog
Forum Regular

Default reply

hi, i have purchased from james quinn 2 or 3 times and have been very pleased with the videos i received. he does have some rare stuff that i think was worth the price. also, it didn't take a long time to get my tapes. i think about 3 weeks. just my experience. positive. thanks
Old 08-10-2005, 09:20 AM   #5
SPOOKYFOXMULDER
Frequent Poster

I was going to buy from him, Then saw that he was on a quite a few bad traders sites including CTS and CPS.

I wouldnt mind paying that amount if they were on dvd and high quality. But not tapes.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:23 AM   #6
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default maybe

Maybe I was too hard on the guy, he must be getting that much $ or he would lower his prices, i guess if people are willing to pay it then fine. I wish people would offer to buy all my stuff for $40 for 2 hours, i could retire. i never complain b/c in truth i have paid a lot for stuff before... on ebay i paid $75 for a 1 hour LENNY BRUCE tv pilot from the 50s

so i guess it all depends on how bad u want something.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:52 PM   #7
lordsmurf
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
Maybe I was too hard on the guy,.
No, I think your initial observation was right on the money.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:55 AM   #8
T-Greg

I was unaware that he was a paraplegic. I ran his email addresses awhile back and found a personal ad (looking for women) that he posted. It had his picture and nickname "Rambo" and he certainly did not look like he was. He lives in Orlando, Florida. I've seen his huge lists in the past. One day, I posted that I was looking for a movie that I'd never been able to find. He contacted me and quoted his price ($40.00 + shipping). I sent him a check and about 2 weeks later, I was contacted by him and told that he thought he had the movie, but in fact, did not. He did return by check to me.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:29 PM   #9
sbeamish
Forum Regular

I dealt with Jim just once.

I waited what seemed to be a very long time for my tape. This was, however, in the aftermath of one of those big, Florida hurricanes from last year. When the tape finally did arrive, I was very happy with my purchase.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:04 PM   #10
grinch
Grinch
Frequent Poster

Default Trader Check?

I have Dealt with James Quinn.I have mixed opinions about him.
Yes,He does deliver the tapes.Yes,you will have to wait a long time for them .I had to wait 3 months for mine but I did have a large amount of tapes involved. Jim was excellant in communicationg with me about the status of my tapes while I was waiting through e-mails and phone calls.He does have one of the most impressive collections around..
My negetive comments:The video quality of 2 episodes was very poor almost unwatchable.-2 other episodes had counters on screen.If I had known that when we were making arrangements,i would have picked something different.
A lot of material that I got from him,I have since found that I could have gotten cheaper elsewhere.
he doesn't like to honor requests even though he is one of the most expensive traders around.If I were charging what he does,I'd be making sure my customers got everything they wanted so that Iwould get repeat business and a lot of referrals.
Would I reccomend him?
yes but with some reservations.I would look around first to see if you could find what you are looking for elsewhere.Then and only then ,If you can't find it,deal with him.
Jim was very friendly and courteous in my conversations with him.I just think he needs to charge a lot less for his material and honor requests.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:49 PM   #11
loren

it always baffles me that people will pay the $ 40 to $ 65 prices per disc or tape to these folks

except for a vhs of the birth of jesus, and a tape of the grassy knoll shooter in dallas that day in 1963

im sure theres nothing i would pay these prices for

if youall stop doing that, perhaps they would get the hint and come on down to earth with some of their prices

i have read numerous posts on several boards about these types of deals,

just say no