Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Reality Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Reality Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-07-2005, 07:20 PM   #31
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

www.sitcomsarestupid.blogspot.com
EmoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 12:20 PM   #32
Bella_KitKat
Checotah Princess

After the drama of Carrie going missing, and then being found, the producers had waived the top 7 results yet again. But Scott had been arrested and charged with kidnapping and attempted murder - his trial was coming soon; she might be called to testify - so it was down to the final 6 performances. Carrie and Constantine were sitting next to each other on the couches - he had practically raised holy hell when they had tried to seat him otherwise. Honestly, Carrie wasn't about to send him away. Selfishly, she never wanted him to leave her side again. It had been a full seven nights since the kidnapping ordeal, and every night she had woken in a cold sweat. Every night she had nightmares. Every night she woke up screaming, and then wound up crying in Constantine's arms. She was so sure she'd never feel completely safe again. If there was one thing Carrie Underwood hated, it was living her life scared. But she couldn't help it. She couldn't close her eyes without envisioning the whole episode all over again. Every single time, there Scott was. It was terrifying.

Constantine ever so gently curled his fingers around hers, and she smiled. He had been so great through all of this. There had been many nights where he simply held her for hours while she cried, and he didn't say a word. He always knew what she needed. Suddenly, though, he had the instinct something was wrong. She looked slightly pale, and closed her eyes briefly, then opened again. She glanced over at him like she was going to say something. A look of horror crossed her face, and Carrie squeezed his hand tightly.

"Constantine," she mumbled, tears straeamiong down her face as her tiny body rocked back and forth in efforts to relieve the pain. "Hurts so bad..." she managed to say before the cramps came. "Ohhhh......" She collapsed into his arms, Constantine barely catching her before she went down.

Ryan was frantically dialing for an ambulance, and the other three contestants had crowded around, but Constantine didn't care. Cradling her head in his lap, he stroked her hair gently. Thankfully, she was still conscious. "Hang on, baby," he murmured, pressing his lips to her forehead. "I'm here with you, sweetheart. Just hang on."

Although she fell unconscious during the ride to the hospital, Constantine insisted on going with her. And never once did he let go of her hand. "Be strong, honey," he whispered. "You're a fighter, I know you are. You're going to be just fine, sweetie."

Immediately after reaching the emergency room, Carrie was taken to the trauma room. Doctors and nurses fled to her room, talkning at rapid pace, using many scary looking machines, and tossing around medical terminology that scared the hell out of Constantine because he couldn't understand a word. Minutes later, Bo rushed into the waiting room, quickly emveloping Constantine in a hug. "You need someone."

He smiled halfheartedly. "Thanks, man."

After waiting patiently an half hour without saying anything at all, the two were finally greeted by the doctor. Constantine jumped up at once, scaring Bo to death, who was almost asleep on the chair.

Dr. Geller chuckled. "So you're the nervous boyfriend."

Constantine was in no mood for jokes. "Carrie...." he started, his voice cracking slightly. "She-she's okay, isn't she? I mean, she has to be. She's a fighter. She always has been. And she wants this baby so much."

Dr. Geller smiled, then turned serious. "I don't believe in suger-coating the truth. I don't lie to my patients, son, and I'm not going to lie to you. Carrie's alive. So is the baby. Mr. Maroulis, Carrie was in the early stages of miscarriage when she arrived. Now we do have drugs, and we manged to stop it, but this pregnancy has been very difficult for her. I belive you'd like to hear the rest from her. Go ahead. Room 217."

Without another word, Constantine bounded down the hall to Carrie's room. Lying in bed, she appeared lifeless and fragile, fragile enough to break at any given moment. However, she smiled brightly upon seeing him. "Hey..."

Coming towards her, Constantine finally allowed himself to cry. "Do you - can you even comprehend how much you scared me tonight, Care? I can't lose you or this baby. You both mean too much to me." He knew it was against all the rules, but he didn't care. He had always been a rebel. Carefully pulling aside the tubing and wires, he crawled onto the bed.

Instinctively, she snuggled close. “What did the doctor tell you?”

Tilting her chin up slighlty, he peered into her eyes. "That you almost lost the baby." A few tears trickled down her cheeks. "But you didn't, hon. This baby's a fighter. Just like you. You're both fine."

Sighing and taking a few deep breaths, she glanced at her boyfriend. "Um....Dr. Geller says having signs of miscarriage at only ten weeks doesn't bode well for the rest of the pregnancy. He says with everything that's been going on, the baby won't live long enough for a healthy delivery. And...um....he says I should just have an abortion right now." With that, she burst into tears; deep, wet, uncontrollable sobs.

"Hey....' he murmured softly, rubbing soothing circles across her back. "I don't have a say in this, sweetheart. This is your body. Your decision. You know watever you decide, I'll support you 200%, honey. Whatever you want."

She looked up at him then, and he could've sworn he saw fire in her eyes. “I'll do whatever I need to do, Constantine, but I’m going to have this baby.”

"That's my girl," he whispered softly.
Bella_KitKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 12:27 PM   #33
TripperFan
In God's Arms Now
Forum Veteran

Thumbs up

WOW - you REALLY took it to new heights!!

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile

The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous
TripperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 12:50 PM   #34
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

Yay Scott's in jail
Old 07-08-2005, 04:21 PM   #35
Karen*
paradox.
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon5'd
Yay Scott's in jail
That's kinda cruel.

This just keeps on getting better and better though!
Old 07-08-2005, 08:54 PM   #36
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time After Time
That's kinda cruel.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:17 AM   #37
Karen*
paradox.
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon5'd
You gosh darn anti-Scotties.
Karen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 01:06 PM   #38
Bella_KitKat
Checotah Princess

"Vonzell. Bo. Anthony. Carrie. Constantine. With more than half of the contestants eliminated, we are less than a month away from discovering the next big superstar. In four weeks, we will crown a new Idol. And, tonight, folks at home will get the chance to know more about these five talented contestants. This is...the Halfway Home special!!" The theme music begn to fade, and the camera panned out to the comfortable couch on which Constantine was sitting. Carrie was curled up by his side, and Ryan was a few feet away in a leather chair.

"Carrie was first to be interviewed tonight, and why interrupt a good thing?" Ryan was saying. "Everybody knows I'll ask you about Constantine. You're together all the time, so, why not interview you together?"

She glanced at her boyfriend out of the corner of her eye. "Why not?"

"Hey!" Constantine muttered, poking her softly and causing her to giggle. "If I recall correctly, hon, you were the one who foirced me into a seven hour movie marathon."

"Oh? What movies did you watch?"

Carrie snorted. "Ask him."

Constantine sighed. "I'm going to be ripped apart for this, but.....Steel Magnolias. It was her idea!"

"It was not!! I just said that I felt sick enough as it was, and watching a movie where people were going to get blown up or shot every two seconds wouldn't exactly help matters. I swear, Constantine, why is it that you guys have to have everything happen at a bazillion miles an hour?"

"Come on, Carrie. It was Die Hard 2. That's, like, the best movie on the face of the planet!"

"I never saw Die Hard 1, and I have no intention to. Ever. And our child won't watch it either."

"Sweetie, they don't call it Die Hard 1. It's just Die Hard."

She blushed. "See? Creepy movies like that just don't work for me. Freak me out."

Ryan finally spoke up. "Should I just let you guys go at it or would it be okay if you answered some questions?"

Carrie blushed. "Sorry. Go ahead. After all, you do get paid to butt into our lives. And you do it so well, Ryan."

The host looked at Constantine. "I do believe some of your snarkiness has rubbed off on someone."

"I'd like to think so."

"Yeah, Con. You're evil. Stop corrupting me."

Leaning in slightly toward her, his breath tickled her ear and sent shivers down her spine. "Keep this up, baby doll, and tonight I'll just have to show you how evil I can be."

"Anyway....."

Shaking her head to keep her mind from drifting and to keep herself from wanting Constantine right then and there, Carrie focused on Ryan. "Yes, yes...go ahead."

"To tell you the truth, you guys, you're proving my point. How did all this happen? I mean, you met last October, and you've been in constant company since January. How are you two so comfortable with each other in such a relatively short time?"

Carie sighed. That was a loaded question, and she wasn't quite sure how to respond. Luckily, though, Constantine took over. "Honestly....I don't know. I don't know exactly why I love Carrie so much, I just know that I can't imagine my life without her. I just know that she makes me happier than I ever thought I could me, and that she and the baby are the most important things in my life. I know that ever single day she does something that tells me all over again how lucky I am to have her. I know that every morning I wake up beside her, I fall in love all over again." Glancing over at Carrie, he was not at all surprised - she had been hypersensitive lately - but still horrifed to see silent tears trickling down her cheeks. "Oh, honey, don't - don't do that. I hate it when you do that...."

"You should be used to it by now," she whimpered. "I love you."

"I love you, too, honey. Always."

"I cry a lot," Carrie offered by way of apology. "Steel Magnolias....used up two boxes of Kleenex. Drove Constantine nuts."

"Ah....so how much more of this is there? When's the baby due?"

"We don't know the exact date yet, but the doctors say somewhere around December. Hey, a Christmas baby. That'd be a nice little present, don't you think?"

"The best."

"So, have you two started picking out names yet?"

"Not really. Dr. Gellar says at the next ultrasound we can find out the sex if we want to. I like the idea of it being a suprise, but Constantine wants to know."

"Everything would be so much easier. I mean, colors for the nursery and clothes and names and stuff. It would be so much better if we knew. Because, I know you, Carrie, if you go in to that store buying things for either a girl or a boy, you're just going to end up buying the whole store."

"Okay, first of all, we don't even have a house, so nurseries aren't going to be a problem for awhile. And, second, I haven't even gone shopping once."

"You know you'll have to eventually, sweets."

"Yeah....when I NEED to. Untill then, I'm fine. I don't need advice from you, okay?"

"Okay."

"Constantine and I just have to laugh, because every day I get mail, and all these people I don't even know are giving me all sorts of advice! I still have a bag of it in our room...just looking at it makes me tired. It's insane."

Ryan posed another question. "Do you think the act of you two being so commited to each other has affected the way your performances have gone?"

"No. The whole reason I drove eight hours in the rain with no sleep to this audition was because I wanted to be a singer. If anything, what Constantine and I have has made me better. It's like he's my own personal cheerleader, telling me what I can do to improve. He figured out a long time ago to not even try to sugercoat what he says, and I know now that no matter what, he'll tell me what I need to hear. In a lot of ways, that's why I respect Simon so much, because even though he can go a little over the top sometimes, everything he says is the truth. Everything he says will make us better at what we love to do. Constantine...he just brings out that side in me, the side that doesn't necesarilly have to be perfect every single week, but the girl that always gives her all every single time. He's my biggest fan....and I love him so much for that."

"Ditto to everything she said, man. I mean, Carrie makes me want to be great every single time, because I know she will be. It's just....the fact that we're in love...that's just a really great perk. She's my best friend, and she helps me rehearse. She helps me pick out my songs and what I wear. I just love her to death, and I hope that makes me a better singer."

"All right, judges. Randy, Simon, and Paula. I know Simon, especially, you feel very strongly that contestants should remain contestants and co-workers, and not start relationships. Do you still stand on that?"

The British judge hesitated for a few moments. "I've been in this business for a long time, you two, and it's been my observation that romantic relationships between music competitors, rarely, if ever, work out. However, I've seen you grow since the beginning of this competition, and I sincerely think that you have what it takes to make it last without compromising your careers. You bring out the best in each other; that's been obvious from the start. As long as you continue to sing well, what you do in your personal lives is nobody's business but your own.

"Randy?"

“You know, it’s all cool, dawg. If they're happy, then it's all good.”

"Paula?"

“I think that they’re relationship has improved their performances because, if anything, they can relate so much more to the songs they choose. Singers need lots of emotion when they perform, and I do think you guys have that. No complaints.”

"Carrie, this has been he most often asked question that our viewers want to know. Do you regret this?"

She swallowed. "Being pregnant, you mean?" At Ryan's nod, she shook her head vigorously. "No. Absolutely not. Sometimes I wish there might have been different circumstances, but ....making love with Constantine that night was the best decision I ever made. And I never regret my decisions."

"Your parents must have been shocked though."

Constantine was shaking his head and mouthing the word 'No', but Carrie caught his eye. ""It's okay....I don't like that topic either, but it's what we have to deal with. Yeah, um.....my mom and dad....they aren't exactly speaking to me at the moment." A moment of slience passed, and the lowered her head to wipe away the oncoming tears. "But, hey, I was never under the illusion that they'd be jumping for joy. It'll blow over eventually. I'll just have to wait it out."

Ryan smiled sympathetically. "Okay, Care. We've got questions from the audience. That okay?"

She managed a smile. "Anything so I won't cry."

Evidently, they had gotten the wrong guy for the job. "Hey, Underwood, you're a smart chick. So tell me, why didn't you use a condom? Just couldn't wait for the big city boy to **** you, huh?"

Carrie's face crumpled, and Constantine knew - she squeezed his hand tightly - that she was about one second away from losing it completely. Handing her off to Ryan, he immediately leapt from his position of the couch and headed into the stands where the offender was sitting. Pulling the guy up by his collar, Constantine yanked him close. "You talk about Carrie like that ever again, and I'll personally tear you apart. I'll tear you up so damn hard you'll be lucky if you're let near hear again. Talk trash to me all you want, dude, but don't you ever say anything else about Carrie. Hear me? Now get out, and don't ever come within ten football fields of us ever again." With one punch, the man was on the floor.

Constantine ran back on the stage, taking Carrie in his arms and rubbing her back soothingly. "I'm so sorry, sweetheart. I'm so sorry."

"And, we'll be right back...after the break!"

Five minutes later, Carrie had calmed considerably,though she was now sitting on Constantine's lap, and wouldn't let go of his hand for anything. Still rubbing slow circles on her back to reassurre her, Constantine was ready to face Ryan. "Last question."

"Of course. I recall you saying before you don't even have a house yet. Any ideas on where you're going to be after the tour's over?"

Constantine smiled. "If it was up to me, we'd be in New York."

Carrie sighed. "Please...let's not get into this now, all right. You know how I feel about New York."

"Not really, hon. You just said you didn't like it."

"I never said I didn't like it, I just said I'd need to think about it."

"What's there to think about? We're together. Heaven forbid I want my girlfriend and our baby to be in the same state as me."

"Don't patronize me."

"I'm not patronizing you! I just don't see what the big deal is."

"Constantine, what is your problem? How dare you spring New York on me like that?"

"I didn't spring it on you, Care. We've been talking about it for weeks."

"You've been talking...I haven't said a damn word."

He raised his eyebrows. "You've got a bit of a potty mouth now, don't you, honey?"

She glared and stood before him on the couch. "Don't change the subject, Constantine Maroulis, and don't tell me what I can and can't say."

"Carrie....what's so bad about me wanting you with me?"

She sighed. "Con...I love you. I love you, I love you, I love you. You know that. But - it's New York. It's a big thing. A big thing that I really don't thing we should leap into untill we're ready."

"So was us having sex, but you seemed pretty happy to go along with that."

Her mouth dropping open, Carrie scrambled off his lap. "I....I really don't want to talk about this. In fact, I'm not sure I want to talk to you at all."

And, in front of Ryan, the judges, and 30 million shocked viewers, Carrie Underwood ran offstage in tears.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:29 AM   #39
Karen*
paradox.
Forum Celebrity

Whoa, I don't see Constantine beating people up on national TV.
Karen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 02:27 PM   #40
Bella_KitKat
Checotah Princess

Pandemonium erupted in the studio - or at least that's what it seemed like. Carrie had ran off the Idol stage in tears, and, oddly enough, the studio was buzzing with excitement. "****," Constantine muttered to himself, getting up to run after her. And as if he didn't feel lousy enough, the cameras were still on and Mikalah was charging toward him. He had told Carrie months ago that what he loved the most about her was her fierce and never-ending loyalty to the ones she cared about.

She didn't hold a candle to the fire-piston that was Mikalah Gordon. Sure enough, Mikalah immediately whacked him upside the head (causing a bigger studio uproar - Idol violence). "What did I tell you about hurting her? I - told - you - not - to - hurt - her!!" she yelled in between smacks.

"She said stuff to me, too."

"Damn it, Con! Are you suddenly five years old again? Now, let me tell you something, and you better listen good. Carrie. Loves. You. No matter what. Even though you're being an ******* right now, she stil loves you. You know how she hates New York and all, but she'd move there in a heartbeat if that's where you were. She just wants to be with you. She's told me that about a million times - it can get pretty sickening."

"But - "

"No! Constantine James Maroulis, you go talk to her and make everything right and you do it now."

Suddenly, all eyes traveled to the side of the stage, where Carrie was watching, a small smile on her face. "You got told off by a teenager."

He got up, careful to avoid Mikalah as much as he could, and hesitated before walking to where she stood. "I deserved it."

"Must've been embarrasing. You know, in front of all these people."

Constantine took her hand then. "I deserved that, too. Carrie, I - I don't know what to do to make it up to you. Just....just know that I'm sorry. I'm sorry I yelled in front of everyone, and I'm sorry I embarrased you. I'm especially sorry I made you cry....I hate it when you cry."

There were a few agonizing seconds of silence, then Carrie finally spoke. "We can talk about New York later, okay?"

"I love you," he said softly. "I honestly love you."

She smiled, and this time he could tell it was real. "I love you, too."

After the show, and the drama that followed, it was well into the night before they got away. Lindsey, Mikalah, and Mario had flown in the day before to support their friends as the finale neared, and the six were lounging in Carrie and Constantine's room. "What do you want to do?" Lindsey asked for the umpteenth time.

"For the umpteenth time, Linds, we don't know. That's why we're bored!" Mikalah replied crossly, throwing a pillow in her general direction. "You pick."

"I. Don't. Know. Why do I have to pick?"

"Because you were the one who brought it up."

"I wouldn't have to if you suggested something four hours ago!"

"Why do I always have to be the one to plan?"

Carrie sighed. "This is going to be one of those nights when I need asprin."

"Lucy, Ethel," Bo yelled. "Knock it off, all right? How about poker?"

Constantine looked dubiously at his friend. "I sincerely hope you're referring to the...fully-clothed...kind."

"Yes, you moron."

Lindsey spoke up then, retrieving the pillow that Mikalah had thrown and laying down on it. "Okay, then there's still the small fact of us girls not knowing how to play."

Mario grinned. "Even better."

Mikalah yelped. "So NOT fabulous! So guys just get their jollies out of stealing money from us girls?"

Carrie pouted, the infamous pout that she had picked up recently from Constantine. "Even from your girlfriend....who's pregnant with your child and who loves you very very much?"

Constantine groaned. "Mmmmm. Carrie....that's not fair and you damn well know it."

She giggled. "Funny...I always thought poker wasn't supposed to be fair."

"You play dirty, huh? Well, let's get this party started, shall we?"

The first few hands went by without major castastrophees, and even Constantine had to admit that Carrie and the girls were doing quite well for never having played before. Lindsey had just won the last hand - she got a straight - and Bo was dealing the next. "All right, we good to go?"

"Yep."

"Well, I'm not sure. Mikalah just threw away two jacks because they didn't look happy."

The teenager blushed as the remaining five turned their attention to her. "He wasn't smiling. My cards have to smile, or else I don't win."

Mario shook his head. "Weirdness, girl."

Hours had gone by, and no one showed any signs of giving in. Constantine's competitive spirit was coming forth, and when he came out of the bathroom and glanced at his cards, he chuckled. "You're money's mine, Underwood."

Carrie barely looked up from her cards. In reality, she was as just as competitive, if not more, than him. "You're fly's open, Maroulis."

"Say what, girl?" Bo asked.

"Made you look," she giggled. "Allright, y'all in or out?"

"Out."

"Couldn't be more out."

"I fold."

"Ditto."

"I'm in," Constantine replied.

Carrie raised her eyebrows. "All right, tough guy, whadda you want??"

"Two."

"Dealer takes one," she said, taking the card and passing him the two. "And I...call."

"I'll raise you fifteen."

Carrie almost choked. "Pretty presumptous, aren't we?"

Constantine shrugged. "Hey, hon, when you've got the cards, you've got the cards."

"Oh, I've got the cards. I see your fifteen and I raise you.....twenty."

"Raise you thirty."

"Forty."

"Fifty."

"Sixty."

"Eighty."

"Dude, whatever happened to the limit?"

Carrie glanced over at Bo. "It died. I'm four months pregnant, I'm cranky, the man I love thinks he's about to steal my money, and I say the limit died. That cool?"

"Sure."

She looked at her cards again. "All right, no more raises. What do you have?"

"Straight flush. Read 'em and weep, woman. What about you?"

"Royal flush."

A/N: In this episode, I used some lines from the classic Friends episode where they all played poker. See if you can find the quotes.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:29 PM   #41
Bella_KitKat
Checotah Princess

Anthony had been the latest casualty, and Vonzell had been voted off the night before. Carrie was extremely on edge. The finale was less than a week away, and no amount of reassurance from Constantine could convince her to calm down. She knew she hadn't been performing her best, and that she had to do something incredible to win. So she did. She holed herself on her room for four straight days, not letting anybody be witness to what she was doing. Whenever Constantine poked his head in the door, all she would say is, "I'm fine, honey. Now get me some food and get out."

Nevertheless, the girls finally coaxed Carrie out of the room for a talk in the lobby. In what was becoming their usual positions, Constantine sat in the oversized chair with Carrie on his lap, Bo occupied the other chair, Lindsey sprawled herslf out on the couch, and Mikalah lay on the floor. Constantine had to smile as he watched Carrie, absently playing with her hair. She had gotten better throughout the competition - she had even admitted that Constantine played a part - but they both knew she was still slightly nervous on stage. But now, just spending a quiet evening laughing with the ones that she loved, she was in her element completely. Maybe it was because she was a girl, but she, Lindsey, and Mikalah could say anything and not get embarrased. Ever.

Somebody had turned on the radio, and, as luck would have it, Carrie's favorite station was on the dial. She began to sing softly, causing the others to gradually shut up and listen. "Holdin' you close, chasin' that moon / Spendin' all night / Learnin' just who you are / Sparks flyin' in the dark / Shootin' out lights, huntin' down dreams / Figurin' out just what love really means / Baby givin' you my heart / Is a real fine place to start."

Mikalah was the first to break the silence. "You're a really good singer, Miss Underwood."

Lindsey threw a pillow at the teen. Hard. "You're just now figuring that out?"

Mikalah made a face. "That's not what I meant."

"Yeah, Care," Bo spoke up. "You're already a star. Whether you win this thing or not, you're going to go places."

"See?" Constantine murmured in her ear. "Haven't I always told you that?"

Carrie blushed. "Well, yeah, but you're biased."

He pulled away, feigning being offended. "I am not. Carrie, swetheart, my loving you has nothing to do with what you're capable of. You are a star, honey, with or without this show. I've always known that. I've always believed that, and so has everybody else."

"Aww..." Mikalah couldn't help but say. "Carrie, girl, how did you ever get a guy like him?"

Carrie's eyes danced with mischevous laughter. "He's all right, I guess."

Lindsey snorted. "If you're tired of him, Care....."

"Not a chance."

They all laughed, and Constantine slid Carrie gently off of him. "I can tell you're going to talk about me, so Bo and I are going to go play pool. See you later?"

She nodded. "We're good for awhile."

And they were. The three girls talked for hours about anything and everything. "We totally need to throw you the best baby shower ever!"

"I'll be in New York," Carrie muttured dryly. Of course she loved her friends, but Mikalah wasn't exactly known for the quiet party. She seemed almost proud whenever the head count reached the triple digits.

Still, the conversation went on throughout the night. The three discussed everything. The upcoming baby, the tour, Constantine and Carrie's relationship and how it would inevitably change, and Lindsey's growing crush on Bo. The next time Carrie glanced at the clock, the numbers read AM. "You guys!"

"Speaking of the guys...." Mikalah was saying.

"We were?"

"So, Carrie, how's Constantine in bed?"

Carrie spit out the water she was drinking, but some had already gone down. "Breathe, hon," Lindsey advised worriedly.

It took a few moments for Carrie's breaths to return to a normal pattern. "Say that again?"

"How's Constantine in bed?"

"Mikalah Anne Gordon!"

"What? I'm just curious!" the teen asked innocently.

For the first time since they met back in January, Carrie was truly angry at the girl she called her 'little sister.' "Mikalah Gordon, you can't just ask people that. Even me. Especially me."

"Why? I really want to know."

"Because, sweetie, that's a real personal thing."

"Okay, I apologize. But will you answer just this once?"

"No!"

They were silent for a moment. "Does it hurt?"

"For God's sake!"

"No...Carrie, please, I just - when...when he goes in you, does it hurt?"

She narrowed her gaze. "Mikalah Anne Gordon, if you're thinking, even remotely, about having sex....."

"I'm not. Relax. Well, I think about it, but I'm not about to go out and do anything."

She sighed, her voice faltering slightly. "That moment....that precise moment.....yeah, it hurts a little. But, it's a good hurt, you know?."

"And so that was the extent of it," Mikalah was saying. It was the night before the finale, and all 12 contestants had returned for an Idol special. To Carrie's chagrin, the perky teenager had immediately began talking about their nightly conversations.

"You three seem to have...interesting talks," Ryan replied.

"Oh, of course. Carrie danced around it for awhile, and we never really got a straight answer."

The other Idols were sitting on the couches as well. "Let's just say you know how to make me a very happy girl," Carrie whispered in Constantine's ear.

The words had hardly left her mouth, and catcalls and whistles filled the air. Carrie glanced up in surprise, Nadia frantically gesturing to her own microphone.

The southern girl had forgotten all about the tiny microphone clipped to her shirt. "Oh. My. God," she mumbled, burying her face in Constantine's chest. "I'm going to die. I'm really gioing to die right here."

Subtlty was not one of Mikalah's strongsuits, and neither was her friendship with Carrie, apparently. "Yeah, and she's not picky about where she gets happy, either."

"Mikalah!" Carrie yelled, her face turning as red as Constantine had ever seen. "You're road kill!"

Mikalah grinned. "They figured out another use for that pool table. And I thought she could hit the high notes when she sang....damn....."

Song Credit: A Real Fine Place To Start By Sara Evans.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:21 PM   #42
Bella_KitKat
Checotah Princess

Wenesday. Finale night. The biggest night of Carrie's life thus far, and she was a wreck. Nothing Constantine said could make her feel any better, so finally she locked him out of their room, saying she wanted her dress to be a surprise. Really, though, she couldn't stand his hovering over her, asking if she was okay every five seconds. It wasn't doing anything for her nerves.

The finale was set a bit differently tonight. In their infinate wisdom, Ryan and the producers had decided to film Bo and Carrie everywhere, saying they wanted to show America how the two hopeful stars were holding up. "Carrie Underwood, our country star, was a little scared tonight, folks. Talking about other things helps."

"God, you guys....." Carrie cried for the millionth time.

"We get it, Care. You're nervous. Get over it."

Nadia threw a pillow at the teenager. "Way to be supportive, Meek."

She grinned. "But you love me anyway."

"Though sometimes we have to wonder why," Jessica tossed out, earning her another stray pillow. "I mean, really."

Vonzell stood on the bed, whistling to stop the noise. "All right. We can kill each other later, but our prime order of business now is to make Carrie beautiful so that Constantine won't know what hit him."

"Yeah, baby!" Lindsey called, immediately situating herself in front of Carrie with an eyelash curler. "Hold still, hon."

Carrie backed away. "He's not going to notice that!"

Lindsey had to smile. "You're giving birth in five months, but you're scared of a little curler?"

"Don't talk about it."

"I know....labor can be a bitch," Nadia muttered absently, mumbling an apology upon seeing Carrie's terrified face. "But it's worth it in the end, girl. Trust me."

"Then how come so many people stop at one?"

"How come so many people have five or six?" Jessica countered. "There must be some redeeming qualities."

"Uh-uh. Making babies. The sex."

"Mikalah!" Carrie admonished, and everyone laughed.

"What? Guys dont't get it. They get to help with the fun part, and they they're done."

"Tell it like it is," Nadia replied.

"Constantine wants six or seven," Carrie announced, and they all stared at her.

"And...?" Lindsey asked after a moment.

"He said he likes that. He said he likes big families."

"Girl, he has one brother and one sister. Just like you."

Carrie giggled. "I know. But...I said maybe. I told him let's just get through this one first, and maybe in a year or two we can talk."

"Sounds fair."

"Anyway....." Carrie shook her head. "New topic."

"You totally kicked ass last night, girl."

Jessica nodded. "For the first time, Mikalah speaks the truth."

"Hey!"

Vonzell nodded. "You were killer, Care. I mean it. And you wrote that one song you did?"

"Oklahoma Girl?" Carrie nodded proudly. "I loved doing that...it was so fun! I had a blast."

"And everyone could tell. You kicked it up onstage, missy. You had so much fun. Gave Bo's acapella a run for his money."

"Bo was great last night, wasn't he?"

The five other girls stared at Lindsey, who was now plopped into an oversized chair. Carrie was the first to break the silence, peering at Lindsey through Mikalah, who was doing her makeup. "You've got to tell him, Linds. You've just got to."

She shook her head vogorously. "I can't."

"You're killing yourself like this, Lindsey."

"Easy for you to say, Miss 'Take My Breath Away,'" the dirty blonde scoffed. "I couldn't do that; I'd probably throw up."

"You think I wasn't scared? Mikalah had to practically push me up on stage."

Mikalah nodded. "She's right. I did."

"Frightening," Vonzell added. "But it was totally cool."

"But," Carrie went on. " I would have told Constantine how I felt eventually, because I knew I'd hate myself if I didn't. You have to talk to him."

"Fine. Later."

"Tonight."

"I can't mess up tonight for him! It's too huge a deal!"

Carrie sighed. "After. Realistically, Linds, when are we all going to see each other again? We're all going to be crazy busy untill the tour starts - "

"Thank you for that," Mikalah snapped.

"That's not what I meant. And I don't know when - or if - Constantine and I will ever get married, but it's not going to be for awhile."

The tape went on, but Ryan cut it off because they were running out of time. It was now the last performance before the announcment of the winner. "Carrie Underwood."

The Oklahoma native stood center stage, bringing the microphone to her lips as the beginning chords of the song played. "It's been a long and winding journey / but I'm finally here tonight." All through the first verse, her nervousness was coming through, and she knew Simon and Randy were noticing. Luckily, though, her gaze fell upon Constantine. Her Constantine, smiling up at her. And, suddenly, every ounce of nervousness she had washed away. The rest of the song went with ease, and she felt confident in her performance. The emotion of the night hit her all at once, and she found herself blinking back tears as she stood before the judges.

Paula, always the sensitive one, elbowed Randy in the side, signaling him to give her a few seconds before he spoke. Wiping her eyes quickly, Carrie glanced at them.

"Good thing you wrore waterproof mascara, dawg." Randy said gently, and Carrie laughed. "Carrie, Carrie, Carrie. Girl, the nerves got you in the beginning, which is understandable, but once you hit that chorus - dawg, dawg, you blew it out! That's what I want to see tonight! You blew it out!"

"What Randy actually said was that you did great, sweetie," Paula translated. "You were incredible."

"You were nervous." Simon said blankly. "Everything about that beginning screamed nervous to me."

"You would be too!" Paula immedaitely said, and the crowd yelled their approval.

"I'm not finished, Paw-la - would you let me finish for once? What I was saying, Miss Underwood, is that you looked absultely terrified in the beginning. And now Constantine looks like he's going to murder me, but I do think you both will like what's coming next."

Paula snorted.

Simon went on. "The beginning was average -it could have been worse, but you are such a terrific talent that even your worst will beat out America's collective best. But, when you got to the chorus, and I could tell you were looking for Constantine in the audience. It is a good thing you found him, because, for whatever reason, he does calm you. He makes you better, and the rest of the song was pure magic. It was just what the Idol single should sound like."

The song that Carrie 'wrote' is a real song by Faith Hill. I tweaked it a little to make it applicable to Carrie.

Yeah.

Well, it's a long way from lil' old Oklahoma,
To the big stage I'm singing on tonight.
And sometimes, the butterflies still get me,
When I'm in the spotlight.

And some people seem to think that I've changed:
That I'm different than I was back then.
But in my soul, I know that I'm the same way,
That I've really always been.

'Cause a Oklahoma girl don't change her ways,
Just 'cause everybody knows her name.
Ain't big-headed from a little bit of fame.
I still like wearing my old ball cap,
Ridin' my kids around piggy-back.
They may know me all around the world,
But, y'all, I'm still a Oklahoma girl.

Whoo!

Well, I spent a few weeks in California:
They put my face on the big TV screen.
But that don't mean I've forgotten where I came from:
That's just me chasing dreams, yeah.

I still like wearing my old ball cap,
They may know me all around the world,
But, y'all, I'm still a Oklahoma girl.

Whoo!

Instrumental Break.

Still like wearing my old ball cap,
They might know me all around this world,
That's all right, 'cause y'all, I'm still a Oklahoma girl.

(Na, na, na, na, na, na; na, na, na, na, na, na.)
Yeah, yeah.
Oklahoma girl!
Oh, oh, Oklahoma girl!
(Na, na, na, na, na, na
Oklahoma girl!
(Na, na, na, na, na, na.)
Yeah, yeah.
Ooh, whoa, yeah.
Oklahoma girl!

To Fade.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:23 PM   #43
Bella_KitKat
Checotah Princess

"And the winner of American Idol 2005 is...................................Carrie Underwood!" Carrie had dreamed Ryan speaking those very words for so long, it didn't immediately register when he said them. Seconds later, she felt herself being swept up in Bo's arms as he spun her around. "You did it, kid!"

"I won?" Carrie whispered, still not quite believing. "They voted for me?"

"Everyone loves you!" Bo exclaimed. "You won!"

It was if a dam had broken inside her, and she found herslf screaming and crying at the same time. "I won!" she yelled, jumping up and down excitedly. "I really really won!!"

Bo laughed gently, giving her a quick squeeze. "You desrve it, sweetheart."

The confetti sprinkled down, and Ryan was next to her. "Here she is, America, singing Inside Your Heaven ."

Carrie hadn't let herself even think that she might win, so it hadn't even occured to her that she'd have to sing if she did. "How am I supposed to sing now?"

Ryan laughed. "They really want you to."

The cue music began to play, and Carrie shakily brought the microphone to her lips. "Oh m'gosh," she mumbled upon seeing the bright lights fall down upon her. Her voice was full of emotion, and she knew it would crack eventually, but she sang it anyway. "I've been down / now I'm blessed / I felt a revelation coming around....."

Thankfully, she got through the first verse and the chorus. The second verse was a different story entirely. "When minutes turn to days and years / If mountains fall, I'll still be here / holding you untill the day I die....." The rest of the Idol family were slowly joining her onstage, and out of the corner of her eye she saw Constantine come up behind her. At that moment when his arms wrapped around her waist, she lost it. Her voice cracked. She couldn't even sing the next line; the tears were flowing nonstop. With her free hand, she reached up to wipe her eyes and manged to sing the rest of the song, albeit crying.

Hours later, after the party was over and the initial craze had died down, Carrie was able to catch some precious moments alone with Constantine. She groaned, flopping into the bed and crawling into Contantine's arms. "Exactly how much sleep have I gotten this week?"

"Total? About five hours?"

She groaned again, snuggling deeper into his arms. "Make this go away for awhile."

Adjusting his body weight so he could hold her tight, Constantine pressed his lips lightly against her forehead. "No can do, sweetie. It's like you were telling the girls - it's going to be crazy busy like this for the next couple of weeks."

"Mmm...." She was about ready to pass out, and Constantine so badly wanted to let her sleep, but he had to ask.

"What happens to us?"

Half asleep, her answers were barely audible. "I go on all the interviews and you go on tour with everyone."

"I want you to come."

Carrie sighed, propping herself up on her elbows. "Honey, as this tour's going on, I'll be about halfway through this pregnancy. But I know what you mean - I can't be without you for two months. I just can't."

"So come. Stay with me. Perform whenever you feel up to it, maybe just the two Oklahoma shows. You're the Idol - I bet they'll give us our own bus if we ask. Plus," he went on, providing her with the crooked grin she loved so much. "When we go to the New York shows, I want to be able to brag about you, and show that you're not someone I made up or paid to play it up for the camera."

She giggled, rolling over to face him. "Your best friends don't believe you?"

"They do. What they have a hard time comprehending is how an old rock'n'roll guy like me who's never had a relationship that was worth anyhting ended up with the hottest and sweetest woman on the show. Sometimes I don't understand it either."

Sitting up to completely face him, Carrie gently took his face in her hands and kissed him, long and sensusal, letting her tongue enter his mouth for the briefest of moments. His arms immediately wrapped around her waist, and neither of them pulled away for many minutes. "Constantine," she whispered softly, letting her hand graze against his cheek. "You won't ever be able to understand how much I love you. Ever. Honey, you are the best thing that's happpened to me in a long time, and I can't wait untill this is all over so we can spend real time together as a family." Taking his hand, she let it touch her slightly bulging stomach. "You've given me everything I'll ever need. You and this baby - that's all I need. All I ever want. I love you so, so much." Tears glistened in her eyes as her voice trailed off. "I love you...."

It wasn't five seconds before Constantine rolled on top of her, pinning her to the bed. His mouth crushed uopn hers hard, kissing her untill she almost couldn't breathe. "I couldn't ever dream up someone as wonderful as you," he whispered huskily. "You're everything to me."

"I love you," she mumbled happily. Suddenly, though, she abruptly pulled away from him. "Oh-oh."

"What?!" he exclaimed worriedly, pulling off her. "Baby, what? What's wrong?"

Smiling and shaking her head through her tears, she guided his hands to her stomach once again. Almost instantly, he felt a small drumbeat of tiny flutter kicks against his palm. Looking up at Carrie in amazement, his own eyes were brushed with tears. "That - that's our baby."

She nodded, the tears flowing down her cheeks. "Thank you for giving me what I always wanted."

"I love you, sweetheart," Constantine mumbled. "I love you both."

"Con?" Carrie asked softly a few moments later. "If I go, I'd be with you all the time on this tour. What happens when I get into about seven months along? You- you'll still love me, right?" Idly tracing circles on the bedspread, her voice grew quiet. Tilting her tear-stained face up to look at him, he saw flashes of doubt in her eyes.

"Carrie Marie, don't think that, all right? Don't ever think that. You are deeply, thoroughly beautiful, and you always always will be. No matter what. And when you're seven months pregnant, there's a really good chance I'll love you even more."

Without another word, she flung her arms around his neck, knocking him backwards. He laughed, grabbing her waist and pulling her down to him. "I love you, Carrie. Always."
Old 09-22-2005, 07:32 PM   #44
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

Great job
Old 09-22-2005, 11:25 PM   #45
Bella_KitKat
Checotah Princess

All right you guys. Within the end of this story - hopefully only 2 more chapters - the baby will be born. I want you to help decide the name. It's...... a girl! What is your favorite name? I found a list of popular baby names and narrowed it down - very tough decisions, by the way. If there are others, feel free to add. Please pick middle names as well.

The name with highest votes will be the first name, and second highest will be middle name. And who knows? There night be more than 1 baby....

POST YOUR CHOICES

After everybody votes, I may make the next round (eliminate ones not chosen)

Emma
Hannah
Samantha
Grace
Natalie
Chloe
Hayley
Sydney
Savannah
McKenzie
Brooke
Nicole