Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post > Trading Post - Archives - Read-Only

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-31-2004, 06:52 PM   #31
DAJIZZARIZZA
Banned
Banned!!
Frequent Poster

Default FARMERBOY_9999 AND KAY-BEE

BOTH ARE BAD TRADERS AND OWE ME !!!

BE WARNED THEY WILL ROB YOU ...OR STICK YOU WITH JUNK
Old 11-01-2004, 09:51 AM   #32
ku7uk
Frequent Poster

Default Thankyou

Hi,

I just wanted to Thank everybody who has made a reply in this thread.

Keeping the list up-to-date it very important, I obviously cannot monitor everything, and all the help you provide will help somebody.

As the original author of the list, I thought this would be the best way to help new traders.

You are one of the few forums who have kept this list active. I appreciate that. A lot of time was spent into making it, and knowing that it is still at use makes it worthwhile.

In reflection, many of the bad traders listed have not been around since it was published, so I do believe it has helped. There has been a huge decline in the number of bad-traders posts on all forums over the last four months. So I do believe it has worked.

Due to one of them reporting my account to yahoo, my e-mail address is not active, but if you need to contact me, i'm sure you will be able to find me.

Once again, Many thanks,

ku7uk
Old 11-01-2004, 09:18 PM   #33
twinkle44301
Forum Regular

This was resolved. Please disregard my post.

Last edited by twinkle44301; 11-02-2004 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:31 AM   #34
DAJIZZARIZZA
Banned
Banned!!
Frequent Poster

WHY DON'T YOU CALL 411 ...GIVE NAME AND CITY... ASK FOR PHONE #
YOU MAY GET IT ..... THEN WHEN YOU CALL HER SHE WILL LOOK LIKE THIS THEN YOU WILL LOOK LIKE

TAKE CARE...NAIL HER !!!
Old 11-02-2004, 07:26 AM   #35
nannyfan
Forum Regular

Thumbs down Liz Buckman - cartoon80s is a BAD trader

I've been "taken" for more than 30 tapes by her. I thought she would come through eventually, but - that apparently isn't going to happen. Please search my previous posts for details.

I personally tell any trader with a bad reputation they have to correct their "wrongs with others" before I'll trade with them. Perhaps if everyone approached trades with these people the same way, instead of simply requiring them to "send first," those who were burned in the first place would clear the offenders name once they received what they were promised. Just a thought.....

I certainly wouldn't hesitate to clear Liz' name if she ever comes through.....where are you Liz????

Nannyfan
Old 11-06-2004, 04:33 PM   #36
twinkle44301
Forum Regular

I've received my DVD's from Belinda Johnson, so please disregard any of my comments concerning this trade. Once she located me, she sent the DVD's without delay. I would trade with her in the future....
Old 11-08-2004, 01:53 AM   #37
cp32
Forum Regular

Default The Complete Bad Traders List

Just wanted add my 1 cent. simply because I dont have 2 cents

I have traded with steve in the past ( KU7uk) he is a very honest trader . Super fast shipping, extremely patient and understaning person. If he has listed you as bad trader. You must be.

Lord knows I was extremely late on our trade. steve was very very very patient with me.

So if you are listed . You obviously has ripped him off in the past.

farmboy i ve seen you listed as a bad trader from numerous posts. So if ya have a beef . I suggest picking up a fork and eating it.

If none of it its true. dont worry about it. Those who have had successful trades will post accordingly.

just a little side note: Ku7uk has an awesome collection all great quality too.

to reply to nannyfan: Also fantastic person & trader.

I agree with you 100 percent. which is why I have not been trading like I used to. I am still making up for such terrible service to those who has been waiting far too long on their packages.

The difference is I will do it. No matter how long it takes.

If I cant refund I will compensate with free disc to make up for the wait. That equals to what someone had originally paid or traded for etc... So it basicallu ends up being a free set.

Small price to pay for a clear conscience.

I dont know how people sleep at night knowing they ripped someone off.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:40 AM   #38
nannyfan
Forum Regular

Default Hi cp32!!

cp32 (love trading with this woman, she's the best!!), I can understand why you don't trade like you used to! Gotta be careful with so many scammers out there! Liz Buckman really threw me for a loop! I was extremely confident she would come through eventually. I do know she has been trying to sell dvds and/or tapes recently - including the ones I "gave" to her. It's real frustrating to see her posting on other boards and offering up the "retail" tapes & dvds I sent to her when she never sent any of the 30+tapes she owes me for them!

Nannyfan
Old 02-11-2005, 12:45 AM   #39
Bob's TV Treasures
Forum Regular

Default bad trader

Let me add the name Chris Carrion to the bad trader list. He trades game shows. He got my tapes, but I never received his (it's been months).
Now he won't answer emails. Beware. This is the FIRST time I've ever been burned.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:16 AM   #40
Tvo
Frequent Poster

Add these two to the bad traders list. Phil got me real good. I sent him his stuff and all I got were a couple of excuses and no response to my emails. Over 2 months and nothing and now he's selling my stuff online as of a week ago. Chad on the other hand actually sent me my discs but 80% of them are unplayable and now he doesn't feel like sending replacements. Both these two have already been banned on another forum so watch out.

Phil Wheat aka P.B.W
Lancashire
England
UK
flimdar@yahoo.com
tvstuff@flimdar.f2s.com

Chad Mckinney
Lebanon,ohio
USA
CHA2006@aol.com

Last edited by combsisthebest; 06-20-2005 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:12 AM   #41
pscisme
Frequent Poster

Default BLOWFISH74

BLOWFISH 74 or aquaxchange@aol.com or bigaqualeo@yahoo.com or JARED HAYNES: all these handles equal lying thief.
He stole my money on the pretense that the would sell me several episodes of a tv series that i later found he didn't even have!

He strung me along for a month and a half with polite apologies and stalling techniques-when I told him no more, he tried to vanish.

Filed a claim against him with PAYPAL, who froze his account and his wife's account as well-I know this because she emailed me and asked me to dismiss my claim against him so she could have access to her own money held by PayPal! Nice guy, eh? So greedy and low that he doesn't mind screwing over his own wife!

I posted notices about him a few weeks back on these boards and figured that would be the end of it, but this joker had the nerve to keep sending me foul, harrassing emails.

Since he has my address, I've invited him to come see me and prove how tough he really is. I don't expect to see him anymore than I'd expect to treat his next "customer" (or VICTIM) any better than he treated me.

It's up to us who are interested in sharing our favorite TV shows in an honest fashion to nail these greedy troublemakers.

also, if you get an offer from twoonia28@aol.com don't answer it-that's his wife's account and TOGETHER they have a rare TV shows for sale site on MSN.com, so I guess they're probably partners in these shady deals.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:29 AM   #42
Agent 13

Exclamation

pscisme,

Thanks for adding Jared Hayes to our bad trader hall of fame. In the following thread, Jared blatantly denies not using a specific email address, but in cross referencing in doing a search on this site, I found Jared to be lying: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...t=JARED+HAYNES

One lie usually leads to another. If I found a trader lying about even something as simple as an email address, I'd steer clear of him.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:51 AM   #43
loren

heres my 5 cents worth

i really made me feel bad to see two people who absuse me in the first few people on this original post

i wish there was a resource like this avaible when i first started out last year

much like ebay feedback, whne one person leave sa truthful and 100% acurate opinion about a deal, the person who is totaly incorrect can damage the victims reputation in a minute

when i first started ebay, i actualy did leave negative feedback and was lucky enough to not get any by paybacks. a friend of mine got about 5 for no reason, and it really cost him. i advised him to start all over with a new name and dont do negs.

i feel the same way about this topic, i do like the fact that the info is out there--but of course much too late to help me. but just one payback bad comment, even from a crook, would severly hurt my reputation as a trader that i have worked on so hard

getting hosed in a dvd trade or purchase is just going to happen a ceratin amount of times. i think of it as part of the cost of doing this activity. i have been hosed about 10 times, out of probably 300 dvd trades and purchases. unfortunately two of them were purchases and $ 110 and $ 65. as far as trades only, the cost of getting hosed is quite small, and ill continue to trust most people until i get proven incorrect.

i have dealt with a couple people that have shown up on these bad lists, and have had good results. being a realitive new commer to this board, i saw a few bad reports on people, well after i completed deals with them. as always your mileage will vary.

ill continue to read and use the info i see on poor traders, and thanks to anyone who feels strongly enough to put the truth out there, and face the possibility of being smeared due to their honestly in reporting these problems
Old 04-02-2005, 01:50 PM   #44
Agent 13

Exclamation

Loren,

Over two years ago, when I first heard of tape trading, the first person I dealt with ripped me off (Tina Ledbetter), so I was a bit skiddish about trading in general from the get go. Since that time, I've kept my eyes open for these rip-off artists, moving one of the complaining posts to this thread when there have been at least two complaints.

Bad traders often approach newbies because these innocents don't know the ropes, they're naive, and/or they haven't found a bad trader's list yet. Often a bad trader will actually make good on trades, but I think often that is the case when you still have something the crook wants (money or shows).

Some of the more notorious bad traders try to keep a low profile in order to compile goodies, only doing their dirty deeds when it's convenient for them. (i.e. Pam Maples usually rips people off just before Christmas.)

It is a matter of preference, but once I hear of a trader ripping someone off that I've either personally dealt with or recognize as a reputable trader, I believe the accuser. As moderator of two yahoo groups containing 950+ members, I've seen behind the scenes in many cases, and believe you me, it can be a scary business.

My trading days are coming to a close, but while I'm still actively trading, I'm keeping aware of the goings on in trading groups to help newbie and well-seasoned trader alike. The vast majority of this thread is accurate, and if keeping this list alive can help just one person, it's worth it.

Last edited by Agent 13; 04-02-2005 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:46 AM   #45
Agent 13

Default Bad Traders vs. Profiteers

There's a major difference between a bad trader (scammer, ripper, etc.) and a profiteer. lordsmurf (co-owner of CPS Omega) gave some really good pointers on analyzing what TRULY makes a bad trader:

Let us analyze what TRULY makes a bad trader, often known as a ripper or a scammer:

Scammers steal your DVD sets. They do it knowingly. They do their best to horde your collection. They never had ANY INTENTION of giving you anything.

Scammers steal your money. They "sell" you products that they usually do not have, or even if they did, they don't plan to send it. They almost ALWAYS want money orders, and infest places like whatevermania, coolcollecting, he-man.org (their show trading is now ENDED), cd-helper, eBay, Yahoo, newsgroups, etc. All those open unmoderated public places are full of scum, and why you NEVER see me interacting there.

Scammers have numerous aliases. They like to hide.

Scammers attack good traders. They verbally abuse them in public, because they pose a threat to fight scammers, and are the people that actually create and provide good content to fellow collectors. This is a hobby of people helping people. People like J. Hadley and CP32 are excellent long-time traders that I am glad to know.

Scammers waste your time. They start things they have NO INTENTION on finishing. Or are too stupid to finish. Asking for trade, arranging it, and then disappearing before anybody does anything. While understandably this can happen from time to time, there is NO EXCUSE for habitual folks.

Scammers have bad quality and DO NOT CARE. We're talking
unwatchable, garbage. Not crazy rating that it is "not 100% studio perfect"
quality that some of the overzealous ridiculous traders of the world have
come to expect in the past couple years. People like TRANSFORMERSCDS are the king of this category, providing almost nothing but butchered trash.

Scammers PRE-TRADE or PRE-SELL stuff they do not even have, have never seen, etc. That is vile. What happens when the "pre" falls through? I'll tell you what happens.. any SUBSEQUENT TRADES based on that "pre" are entirely screwed. Those people are not collectors, they are what we have unfondly come to call "set whores" that ONLY want shows for their perceived "trade value" and eBay selling. Horrid people.

What is NOT a scammer?

A scammer IS NOT a person that charges too much. Those are just profiteers. I personally hate them as much as scammers, and consider them the gutter-trash of the hobby. But they often provide good stuff. "Too much" is also a relative topic. To the average cheapskate, anything is too much. For others, not so much.

A scammer IS NOT a person that takes "too long". This is a hobby. This is spare time fun. Not a job. "Too long" is relative to the amount of work involved. For those that care more about QUALITY AND PRESERVATION, time is second-fiddle. A couple months is super-reasonable when the outcome is excellence.

A scammer IS NOT a person dealing with moron
recipients.
The digital version of this hobby has a fairly steep
learning curve, especially for those just starting. People that cannot
figure out DVD-ROMs, DVD players, etc... those are just idiots, they are not
being scammed by the sender. This also includes people that think every
single disc they have is bad, or that DVD is a horrible format, simply
because they use garbage DVD-ROMs and DVD players.

Let us not be so quick to call everybody a scammer.

Last edited by Agent 13; 04-09-2005 at 10:16 AM.