Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)


New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2016, 01:02 AM   #181
WishfulDreamer
Member
Senior Member
 
WishfulDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 01, 2009
Location: L.A.
Posts: 3,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 UM fan
I only sent her ones from Unsolved Mysteries that I noticed were not on The Charley Project. I went through all the missing persons cases from the show and just those few were absent. The only one that I think wasn't posted was the case of Carlos Alvarez, the little California boy who was abducted by his uncle and uncle's friend, because there's no articles of the case or the physical description of either three to add enough information to the site.

Speaking of Carlos Alvarez, I firmly believe he was abducted for pedophilous reasons. The case just screamed creepy. I can't find much about the case other than its mention on Unsolved Mysteries.
He's the only one from that brief "10 missing persons" segment that I think could possibly still be alive. I also wish we had more information.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:34 AM   #182
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,641
Default

This link leads to an appeal done by a man named Ernest Suggs, who was convicted for murdering a barmaid in Florida named Pauline Casey. The interesting stuff starts around page 80. Apparently, a man named Alex Wells confessed to this murder to a fellow inmate, and the suggestion is that Suggs is innocent. Wells and his half brother, Mark Riebe, were the ones who murdered Donna Callahan (woman featured in the Deborah Poe segment). Page 85 of the document goes over Pamela June Ray's disappearance very briefly, but mentions that she disappeared "under circumstances identical to that of Pauline Casey and Donna Callahan." All of these women were abducted at gun or knife point without a struggle, and their keys, cars, and purses were left behind. Just thought it was interesting.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:25 PM   #183
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Moderator
Senior Member
 
LooksLikeCRicci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 27, 2005
Posts: 3,736
Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
This link leads to an appeal done by a man named Ernest Suggs, who was convicted for murdering a barmaid in Florida named Pauline Casey. The interesting stuff starts around page 80. Apparently, a man named Alex Wells confessed to this murder to a fellow inmate, and the suggestion is that Suggs is innocent. Wells and his half brother, Mark Riebe, were the ones who murdered Donna Callahan (woman featured in the Deborah Poe segment). Page 85 of the document goes over Pamela June Ray's disappearance very briefly, but mentions that she disappeared "under circumstances identical to that of Pauline Casey and Donna Callahan." All of these women were abducted at gun or knife point without a struggle, and their keys, cars, and purses were left behind. Just thought it was interesting.
Bonus points for use of the word "barmaid."
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:41 AM   #184
Drown Soda
Superstitious cinephile
Frequent Poster
 
Drown Soda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 02, 2016
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 103
Default

I forgot about this case—thank God for these forums. Some casual browsing will bring back all sorts of memories.

This segment scared the hell out of me when I first saw it years ago. I just remember her parking her car in the parking lot in the middle of the night, getting out, and leaving her children (which itself seemed weird to me). Then the screaming. Gives me the creeps.

Such a mysterious case.
Drown Soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:06 PM   #185
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,641
Default

BUMP

The segment says she arrived in PCB at around 4:30 in the morning, and that "witnesses" place her in her car (out front of the motel where the kids were ultimately found) at 5 in the morning. The police officer saw her follow the unidentified man into the parking lot at 25 minutes later. I guess I find it odd that at 5 in the morning multiple people claim to have seen her sitting in the car, yet no one actually attempted to speak with, or even report the screams that they heard at 5:30 in the morning. If people were up and about to see her sitting in the car prior to her disappearance, what were they doing 20 some minutes later?
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:19 AM   #186
crystaldawn
Member
Senior Member
 
crystaldawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 17, 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,134
Default

My latest article on the 1 year anniversary of my blog is about Pamela June Ray. I have worked closely with her sister for this so a lot of information that UM didn't include. Hope you enjoy reading it!

https://lostnfoundblogs.com/f/pamela...ray-no-vacancy
__________________
www.lostnfoundblogs.com
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 12:28 PM   #187
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 11, 2005
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 1,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn View Post
My latest article on the 1 year anniversary of my blog is about Pamela June Ray. I have worked closely with her sister for this so a lot of information that UM didn't include. Hope you enjoy reading it!

https://lostnfoundblogs.com/f/pamela...ray-no-vacancy
A couple of questions for you:

1.) Has anything ever been said about her husband? I don't think he is involved in any way, but I don't think I've ever heard anything about him. Her dad certainly was involved in looking for her, so what's her husband's story?

2.) It bothers me that she would leave when she did knowing that there weren't rooms available. I agree with you that if she got a room, she would still be alive. Other than wanting her kids to sleep, is there any other reason she would have left to arrive in the middle of the night? Doesn't seem like the kind of place you want to be in your car at that time.

3.) This is more of a comment, but why the hell would people who heard someone scream "Help me!" not call the police or go take a look. That is so frustrating. They may not have been able to help either, but waiting a few hours didn't help.

I agree that this was a crime of opportunity. My guess is that she was probably not tired enough to sleep at that point so she was going to hang by the pool while her kids slept. I'm feel strongly that she was assaulted and murdered, but I wonder how she was removed from the scene. That couldn't have been easy, and if it was a weirdo hanging around the motel, how/where did he take her?
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 12:41 PM   #188
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller View Post
Has anything ever been said about her husband? I don't think he is involved in any way, but I don't think I've ever heard anything about him. Her dad certainly was involved in looking for her, so what's her husband's story?
He was interviewed for the segment. IIRC, he had to work and couldn't get off which is why Pamela took the kids to PCB without him.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 02:34 PM   #189
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 11, 2005
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 1,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
He was interviewed for the segment. IIRC, he had to work and couldn't get off which is why Pamela took the kids to PCB without him.
Thanks, Cars. I haven't watched this one in a while and couldn't remember if he was on.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 02:59 PM   #190
5thcorps
Member
Frequent Poster
 
5thcorps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 27, 2018
Location: VT
Posts: 116
Default

This case chills me to the bone. Primarily because the kids were sleeping in the car when she walked off then waking up to never see their mother again. I just can't imagine what they were thinking after that happened, or WTH Pamela was thinking walking off with them sleeping in the back in a strange town. Not mother of the year material for sure
__________________
"Your lights are a laugh!"
5thcorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:27 PM   #191
crystaldawn
Member
Senior Member
 
crystaldawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 17, 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller View Post
A couple of questions for you:

1.) Has anything ever been said about her husband? I don't think he is involved in any way, but I don't think I've ever heard anything about him. Her dad certainly was involved in looking for her, so what's her husband's story?

2.) It bothers me that she would leave when she did knowing that there weren't rooms available. I agree with you that if she got a room, she would still be alive. Other than wanting her kids to sleep, is there any other reason she would have left to arrive in the middle of the night? Doesn't seem like the kind of place you want to be in your car at that time.

3.) This is more of a comment, but why the hell would people who heard someone scream "Help me!" not call the police or go take a look. That is so frustrating. They may not have been able to help either, but waiting a few hours didn't help.

I agree that this was a crime of opportunity. My guess is that she was probably not tired enough to sleep at that point so she was going to hang by the pool while her kids slept. I'm feel strongly that she was assaulted and murdered, but I wonder how she was removed from the scene. That couldn't have been easy, and if it was a weirdo hanging around the motel, how/where did he take her?
I didn't really hear too much about the husband from Rhonda. He did have to work that weekend so he didn't go. He did go to Panama City Beach as soon as he heard she was missing. Also Rhonda said she had never planned to go with Pam and then back out at the last minute like was reported.

It is unclear if this was the arrangement but Rhonda had stayed at the Wilhite herself and they had left keys in the mailbox for her if she was to arrive after hours. I don't know whether the manager of the Wilhite just said she knew not to arrive until 9 or 10 am to cover his butt and perhaps the arrangement was to leave a set of keys for her when she arrived but for whatever reason it didn't happen.

I do agree about no one calling after hearing screams for help. One part is confusing though. Robert Stack specifically says there were no phones in the rooms (which is hard to believe honestly) but Rhonda has stayed there not long before Pam went missing and she said they definitely had phones inside.

I think Pam was a good mother that was too trusting and made a mistake following him into the parking lot. One of the last things she did before she went missing was to be sure to secure her children in the car. I believe the abduction took place only a few yards away so its not like she was far away from the car. That's the biggest question for me, what did he say to make Pam follow him? Did he offer to let her use a phone he had access to or was she walking to a nearby motel (from what I understand there were a lot of them in that immediate area) to see about a room. Or perhaps she wasn't following him at all. Maybe he went to act like he was leaving and when she saw him walking away decided to go to a nearby motel and check on vacancies and he saw her alone and took the opportunity to grab her.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:28 PM   #192
WishfulDreamer
Member
Senior Member
 
WishfulDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 01, 2009
Location: L.A.
Posts: 3,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn View Post
That's the biggest question for me, what did he say to make Pam follow him? Did he offer to let her use a phone he had access to or was she walking to a nearby motel (from what I understand there were a lot of them in that immediate area) to see about a room. Or perhaps she wasn't following him at all. Maybe he went to act like he was leaving and when she saw him walking away decided to go to a nearby motel and check on vacancies and he saw her alone and took the opportunity to grab her.
I wonder if the person impersonated a hotel employee. It may be far-fetched, but if she was tired from the drive and desperate to find lodgings for herself and her children, it's possible that this kind of ruse could have worked.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:45 AM   #193
Killarney Rose
Member
Forum Regular
 
Killarney Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 24, 2010
Location: AL
Posts: 370
Default

Yes, front beach road was lined with motels, both mom and pop types as well as chains.

What gets to me is that this killer just happened to be loitering outside the motel during bad weather when Pam arrived. What was his reason for being there? Did LE check a register and interview all of the Wilhite guests? How was he able to grab Pam near the pool and get her into his vehicle?
Killarney Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.