Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Roseanne links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Roseanne Photo Gallery

Roseanne - The Complete First Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete First Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Second Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Third Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Second Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Second Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Third Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Third Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Roseanne

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-02-2004, 03:53 PM   #1
DuhDuh539
IT IS OH SO QUIET...
Forum Regular

Default Glenn Quinn Article

Here is the article about Glenn from the Enquirer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Roseanne' Star has premonition he'd die young

Roseanne star Glenn Quinn,who died of an apparent drug overdose, had an eerie premonition of his own death!
"Glenn always said he had this dark, foreboding feeling that he was going to die young," said a source close
to the 32-year-old actor. "Sometimes he'd say it as if he were joking but deep down I don't believe he was
kidding. Maybe he just knew that one day, he was going to end up killing himself with his self-destructive behavior. It was a self-fulfilling prophecy." Quinn,who played Mark Healy,the husband of Roseannes daughter Becky on the hit show from 1990 to 1997, died tragically of what police believe was a heroin overdose on December 3 in the North Hollywood home of a friend. "Everyone in the cast and crew loved Glenn. We adored him," Roseanne told the ENQUIRER. "He will be missed horribly." Quinn's death was a sad end for the Irish-born actor whose once-promising career had hit rock bottom. A friend of Quinn told the ENQUIRER that the actor's last years were marred by bankruptcy and stints in and out of rehab for booze and drugs. "Quinn couldn't stop drinking and doing drugs and he lost everything he ever had because of it," said the friend. "I remember one time he came around with his car trunk full of recess lighting fixtures he'd stripped out of his own home and he was trying to sell them for quick cash. The last time I saw him about five weeks before he died, he was begging for gas money. It was pathetic."
With his good looks and piercing blue eyes, Quinn was a hit with female fans of Roseanne. "Women were always
coming on to him....he could have had his pick of numerous women....he was a babe magnet and he had a happy-go-lucky, carefree demeanor." 'Roseanne' made Quinn a millionaire, with a posh home in Hollywood Hills, a Mercedes and a share in a rock club called Goldfingers. But what started as a taste for Irish whiskey, turned to a liking for cocaine and finally heroin, say those who knew Quinn. "The drink and the drugs eventually got the best of him." said the close source. "He lost everything,because of his addictions to booze, coke and heroin." "He lost the house and he started having trouble finding work. He was reduced to living in a one-bedroom North Hollywood apartment." A chance to jump-start his career came in 1999, when Quinn landed a part as the demon Doyle on the show "Angel", a spin-off from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." "But his drinking and drug use were bad by then and he became very confrontational," said the close source. "The show's producers got rid of the character." Two months ago, Quinn's partners in the rock club bought him out because he was an embarrassment. "He was begging money off customers and staff and sometimes he'd get nasty when he was drinking and start fights," said the friend. "He had fallen so far, that he really wasn't a pleasant person sometimes." The week before he died, Quinn failed in another attempt to rid himself of his demons. "He was booted out of the Sober Living Complex at Wavelengths, a Malibu rehab center,for using (drugs) again,"said a source. On the day before he died, Glenn showed up at his good friends Dwayne Higgins' apartment in North Hollywood for a visit. "Dwayne offered him a place to stay on the couch because Glenn was down and out," The Source said. "When Dwayne went to bed around 9:00pm, Glenn was sitting ont he couch and seemed fine. "The next morning Dwayne saw Glenn lying on the couch and thought he was sleeping, So Dwayne went out and did some errands.When he got back around 11:00am, Dwayne went to shake Glenn to wake him up. Glenn was stiff and cold, so he called 911. Police found a syringe among Quinn's possessions and his death,pending autosy tests,was ruled a suspected drug overdose. "It's sad that his life went so far downhill," said the actor's friend." His Irish luck ran out in the end."

Now this is the article that I read and found out about his death, I know alot of it is probably a lie
and is sad to read. Most stuff said in the ENQUIRER is most likely BULL SHlT, so don't take it seriosly, I am dissapointed that his close friends would even say most of the stuff they said about Glenn, if it be that this is true.
I've read this article almost every day since I got it, and it has not changed anything about Glenn. If it
weren't for this article I probably still wouldn't know about Glenn's death, honestly.

Last edited by DuhDuh539; 08-02-2004 at 06:55 PM.
DuhDuh539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 08:30 PM   #2
roseannefan4ever14
Roseanne + Dan= <3
Forum Regular

Default Re: Glenn Quinn Article

Quote:
Originally posted by DuhDuh539
Here is the article about Glenn from the Enquirer.

'Roseanne' Star has premonition he'd die young

Roseanne star Glenn Quinn,who died of an apparent drug overdose, had an eerie premonition of his own death!
"Glenn always said he had this dark, foreboding feeling that he was going to die young," said a source close
to the 32-year-old actor. "Sometimes he'd say it as if he were joking but deep down I don't believe he was
kidding. Maybe he just knew that one day, he was going to end up killing himself with his self-destructive behavior. It was a self-fulfilling prophecy." Quinn,who played Mark Healy,the husband of Roseannes daughter Becky on the hit show from 1990 to 1997, died tragically of what police believe was a heroin overdose on December 3 in the North Hollywood home of a friend. "Everyone in the cast and crew loved Glenn. We adored him," Roseanne told the ENQUIRER. "He will be missed horribly." Quinn's death was a sad end for the Irish-born actor whose once-promising career had hit rock bottom. A friend of Quinn told the ENQUIRER that the actor's last years were marred by bankruptcy and stints in and out of rehab for booze and drugs. "Quinn couldn't stop drinking and doing drugs and he lost everything he ever had because of it," said the friend. "I remember one time he came around with his car trunk full of recess lighting fixtures he'd stripped out of his own home and he was trying to sell them for quick cash. The last time I saw him about five weeks before he died, he was begging for gas money. It was pathetic."
With his good looks and piercing blue eyes, Quinn was a hit with female fans of Roseanne. "Women were always
coming on to him....he could have had his pick of numerous women....he was a babe magnet and he had a happy-go-lucky, carefree demeanor." 'Roseanne' made Quinn a millionaire, with a posh home in Hollywood Hills, a Mercedes and a share in a rock club called Goldfingers. But what started as a taste for Irish whiskey, turned to a liking for cocaine and finally heroin, say those who knew Quinn. "The drink and the drugs eventually got the best of him." said the close source. "He lost everything,because of his addictions to booze, coke and heroin." "He lost the house and he started having trouble finding work. He was reduced to living in a one-bedroom North Hollywood apartment." A chance to jump-start his career came in 1999, when Quinn landed a part as the demon Doyle on the show "Angel", a spin-off from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." "But his drinking and drug use were bad by then and he became very confrontational," said the close source. "The show's producers got rid of the character." Two months ago, Quinn's partners in the rock club bought him out because he was an embarrassment. "He was begging money off customers and staff and sometimes he'd get nasty when he was drinking and start fights," said the friend. "He had fallen so far, that he really wasn't a pleasant person sometimes." The week before he died, Quinn failed in another attempt to rid himself of his demons. "He was booted out of the Sober Living Complex at Wavelengths, a Malibu rehab center,for using (drugs) again,"said a source. On the day before he died, Glenn showed up at his good friends Dwayne Higgins' apartment in North Hollywood for a visit. "Dwayne offered him a place to stay on the couch because Glenn was down and out," The Source said. "When Dwayne went to bed around 9:00pm, Glenn was sitting ont he couch and seemed fine. "The next morning Dwayne saw Glenn lying on the couch and thought he was sleeping, So Dwayne went out and did some errands.When he got back around 11:00am, Dwayne went to shake Glenn to wake him up. Glenn was stiff and cold, so he called 911. Police found a syringe among Quinn's possessions and his death,pending autosy tests,was ruled a suspected drug overdose. "It's sad that his life went so far downhill," said the actor's friend." His Irish luck ran out in the end."

Now this is the article that I read and found out about his death, I know alot of it is probably a lie
and is sad to read. Most stuff said in the ENQUIRER is most likely BULL SHlT, so don't take it seriosly, I am dissapointed that his close friends would even say most of the stuff they said about Glenn, if it be that this is true.
I've read this article almost every day since I got it, and it has not changed anything about Glenn. If it
weren't for this article I probably still wouldn't know about Glenn's death, honestly.
Thats sad

Friends
A Friend is like an old song, grown sweeter with the years;
A Friend is one who shares our joys, and wipes away our tears;
A Friend will look for goodness, in every thing you do;
A Friend is one who knows our faults, yet finds our virtues too;
A Friend will share a crust of bread, or help to lift a load;
Happy are we who find, a few Good Friends along life's road.
roseannefan4ever14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 01:28 PM   #3
Sara.A
First Time Poster

Do you have scan of that article? If it's the one I'm thinking of, it had some pics of the cast, at least Roseanne and Sara Gilbert, at his funeral.
Sara.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 08:42 AM   #4
Momentarily
Occasional Poster

Send a message via AIM to Momentarily

Quote:
Do you have scan of that article? If it's the one I'm thinking of, it had some pics of the cast, at least Roseanne and Sara Gilbert, at his funeral.

I have scans from that article.. It shows pics of Roseanne Bar, Sara Gilbert and Johnny Galecki leaving the funeral.

You can find the scans here: http://www.stuck-in-the-middle.com/quinn (In the miscellanious gallery)
Old 11-28-2004, 10:33 PM   #5
Ms. Mark Healy
Occasional Poster

Okay,this is an old post,but I have to reply:

I HATE that article.I have to agree with you DuhDuh539,I cant believe people who knew him would say such things like that.I have to agree that that whole article seems like bull**** to me.All it did was talk bad about him.When I read it,it p!ssed me off.I mean,talk about having no respect for the dead.How can you talk that way about someone who cant even defend himself??

And even if some of it is true,even if ALL of it is true,I dont care.I'm a very huge Glenn fan,and I wouldnt care if he was a male prostitute,I would still be a fan.To me,in my general opinion,he seemed like a genuinely nice person,was devilishly handsome,and was a d@mn good actorm,and no amount of trashtalk articles would change my opinion about him.

Also,Kudos to Roseanne for saying what she said.

Now yes,I do realize this is an old article and an old post,but it bothers me,so I had to say it,lol.

Also,I had this really sad tribute page somewhere,but I cant seem to find it.If I find it,I'll post it here for you all to read,if youre interested,with the 2nd year anniversary of his death coming closer.....

Peace,
Amanda
Ms. Mark Healy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:00 AM   #6
Alizeh
Spammers
First Time Poster

Sad to hear about the death. Alcohol is one of the most addictive drugs in the world, and thousands of people die every year from its overdose.

Last edited by TJ; 10-20-2017 at 12:12 PM.
Alizeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 02:11 AM   #7
Corkys-Place
Unsolved Mysteries Fan
Forum Regular

Was he really a millionaire?Are we talking in the 2, 3 ballpark here? or much more. Terribly sad that he lost everything and died so young.

I came across the 1989 videoclip for Richard Marks' #1 single Satisfied on YouTube and noticed he appeared in that pre-Roseanne.
Corkys-Place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:44 AM   #8
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkys-Place
Was he really a millionaire?Are we talking in the 2, 3 ballpark here? or much more.
He was on a hit show and appeared in 74 episodes of Roseanne. At $30,000 per episode (a conservative figure), he would have made $2,220,000 from that show.

Quote:
Terribly sad that he lost everything and died so young.
Yep. Stay away from cocaine and heroin, people. Dying on a borrowed couch is awful.
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote