Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Reality Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Reality Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-27-2013, 12:05 AM   #46
Tweety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahan
It was supposed to be in response to an earlier thing Tweety said to me in another thread that made me feel very agitated. He made it out to seem like a right-winger is never capable of being hateful and intolerant, when I just gave him an example of a right-winger behaving as such.

And this is the last time I am bringing up this right-wing blog.

Left wingers troll "right wing" blogs all the time to post hateful comments, knowing that our friends on the left, such as yourself, will use those to prove how "hateful" conservatives are.

Wouldn't be surprised if you posted those comments about Ebert yourself, and then tried to blame it on the right.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:13 AM   #47
Vahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety
Wouldn't be surprised if you posted those comments about Ebert yourself, and then tried to blame it on the right.
I didn't do that. You got the wrong guy. How dare you speak that way of me!
Vahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #48
missy's pop pop
Hooray for "Hazel!"
Forum Regular

Lightbulb TIME TO CLOSE THIS THREAD!

In case you haven't heard, A&E has brought Phil back into the fold and production of a new season of Duck Dynasty is underway, if not completed.

Which proves my theory that the so-called "Arts and Education" network honchos knew what they were getting into when they signed 'em up. If they didn't think they couldn't have raised a ruckus, much less the rating, the Duck Commander guys, now known the world over as "The Robertsons," would still be makin' duck calls.

So dry your tears if that's appropriate; wail and gnash your teeth if you wish. Duck Dynasty is here to stay, and IMHO, for quite some time to come.
missy's pop pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #49
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/t...versy/4224507/

A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension
Gary Levin, USA TODAY 5:53 p.m. EST December 27, 2013
Phil Robertson will film new episodes of A&E hit series
philduck

A&E backed away from its planned suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
New episodes will be filmed next spring as scheduled
Previously filmed season is due Jan. 15

A&E has ducked away from a controversy surrounding the stars of its hugely popular reality series Duck Dynasty.

The network issued a statement late Friday backing off from its previously announced suspension of Phil Robertson, the patriarch of the clan behind the successful Louisiana-based Duck Commander duck-calling business. The suspension was triggered by Robertson's interview with GQ, published last week, in which he made anti-gay statements, which he said reflected his religious beliefs.

The interview sparked protests from human-rights groups, and led to A&E's quick decision to suspend Robertson from future episodes. But that action also triggered a backlash from some Dynasty fans, who tried to organize a boycott of the network -- and Robertson's own family, which suggested it would not be willing to keep filming the series without him.

In a statement, the network cited its "core values" of "inclusion and mutual respect" to explain why "we reacted so quickly and strongly." "While Phil's comments made in the interview reflect his personal views based on his own beliefs, and his own personal journey, he and his family have publicly stated they regret the 'coarse language' he used and the misinterpretation of his core beliefs based only on the article. He also made it clear he would 'never incite or encourage hate.' We at A+E Networks expressed our disappointment with his statements in the article, and reiterate that they are not views we hold."

The statement then offered some wiggle room: "But Duck Dynasty is not a show about one man's views. It resonates with a large audience because it is a show about family… a family that America has come to love. As you might have seen in many episodes, they come together to reflect and pray for unity, tolerance and forgiveness," the statement said. "After discussions with the Robertson family, as well as consulting with numerous advocacy groups, A&E has decided to resume filming Duck Dynasty later this spring with the entire Robertson family."

An already completed 10-episode season will begin airing Jan. 15, with all of the Robertsons featured. The new episodes, scheduled to be shot this spring, will air later next year. Duck is the No. 2 series on cable TV, behind The Walking Dead, and ranks among the top 30 of all TV shows with an average of 13
Old 12-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #50
UMFaninMD
I am Sherlocked

Not surprised by the latest news at all. A&E would be stupid to drop their cash cow (or is that cash duck)? And the timing of the controversy and that A&E aired a marathon over Christmas (instead of actual Christmas themed programming) it's beginning to reek of a publicity stunt.
UMFaninMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:19 AM   #51
Tweety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahan
I didn't do that. You got the wrong guy. How dare you speak that way of me!
You got the wrong guy too... I never condoned any so-called hateful comments about Roger Ebert after his death. Heck, I liked the Siskel and Ebert show. Seems like it never spent two weeks in a row in the same time slot, so it was hard to find (at least locally for me).

My personal "rule" about criticism of public figures (particularly politicians) is that if I say something about them while they're alive, then I'm perfectly within my rights to say the same thing after they pass away (if I think it's worth saying). If I said that Ted Kennedy was one of the most destructive Senators in history while he was still with us, my opinion of him doesn't change just because he happens to pass away. He still was terrible for the country.

Anyway, about Phil... lol, I wonder if they even produced any shows without him? I heard that they had about nine shows already completed (but not aired) at the time of the "suspension", and they're picking up filming again in January with Phil back on the show. I wonder if he even missed any episodes.
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:28 PM   #52
Tubehead

Default duck dyntasty

I still watch duck dynasty some times. I know why some people got up set. I think if A&E DROPS duck dynasty their best beat is gospel music channel or the hub would be perfect fit duck dynasty . .

Last edited by Tubehead; 02-18-2014 at 05:53 PM.
Tubehead is offline   Reply With Quote