Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

F Troop links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / F Troop Photo Gallery

F Troop - The Complete First Season

Buy F Troop - The Complete First Season on DVD
F Troop - The Complete Second Season

Buy F Troop - The Complete Second Season on DVD
F Troop - Television Favorites

Buy F Troop - Television Favorites on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > F Troop

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-02-2004, 07:35 PM   #1
TV KID
Occasional Poster

Default Why I Love "F Troop"

When I was a kid and 'F Troop' premiered, my parents and uncles, aunts, grandparents all laughed so hard you could hear the entire block rolling on the floor.

Even though we're predominantly native american, we screamed with laughter at each episode. I couldn't figure out why until my mom who was an historian as well as my dad, told me why.

She said that our family records were full of madcap schemes between us Indians and Feds. Sure there were horrid examples in history, and not to be denied, but in or family just like the Heckawis and the troops, we somehow always struck some deal, on both sides, figured out a way to live our lives without the fighting but putting up a good 'front'. My grandpa told me how they'd all go fishing and hunting and moonshining together and that was that. Even family on the federal side said the same thing. It taught me that the 'people' are the first and last hope for peace, not governments or war councils and megalomanical leaders.

Should be a lesson that perhaps if we all recognize our similarities and enjoy like pursuits we can live the way we're supposed to.
Old 01-08-2004, 02:45 AM   #2
ficlopri
Forum Regular

I doubt the deals your real ancestors went through with the US Government was much like the deals seen on FTroop at all. It was an inane sitcom based on Sgt.Bilko. You're less than 100% Indian? What else are you?
ficlopri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:18 PM   #3
Big3sCompanyFan
Banned
Banned!!

I also love F Troop. It's a hilarious satire of both the Civil War era soldiers and the Native Americans! It has great acting performances by Larry Storch, Ken Berry, Forrest Tucker, Melody Patterson and the rest of the troops!

But best of all it has some very funny moments!! Better than any sitcom today except for maybe George Lopez.

I thought there would be more posts in the F Troop section because it really deserves it.
Big3sCompanyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:34 AM   #4
ftroopfan
Frequent Poster

Default Good Show!

I think F-Troop was a very good show and it brings back fond memories of my childhood. The Hekawis are a hoot and a half. Agarn always made me think of a little wandering sheep the way he would run away and they would make every effort to go back and retrieve him. Every time I saw one of those types of episodes, it always reminds me of Jesus' parable of the prodigal son. All the characters had qualities about them you could admire and that's what made it worthwhile to tune in because the writers always seemed to capture those qualities. I wish we had television like that today. It makes me rather sad that we don't.
ftroopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:23 PM   #5
Li-Sung
I surrender
Forum Regular

F-troop was always one of my favorite old shows. I liked Vanderbilt (the blind watchman)- only in F-troop would he be given a job like that. There are no shows like F-troop on TV today anymore. That is why I don't watch today's tv.

If there is an escape
I don't want to know
I am helplessly at your mercy

"I Miss The Chief"
Li-Sung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #6
PJudith
Frequent Poster

That was a funny show. I used to like the way Crazy Cat was always trying to get rid of Chief Wild Eagle so he could take over.

And Sgt. O'Roarke and all his money making schemes with the Hekawis were a hoot. It's better to make money, not war. lol
PJudith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:49 AM   #7
ph1l

I always laugh when the Sarge says to Agarn, "I don't know why they call you dumb" and later on in the episode Agarn suddenly says, "Who says I'm dumb?" I find it fun trying to predict when he's going to say it.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:27 PM   #8
retroTVfan4ever

I like the episode where Agarn says he wants a Palomino horse, then he is asked why he wants a Palomino, to which he replies, any Palomino is a pal-o-mine-o.
retroTVfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote