Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

COZI TV's Roseanne Mother's Day Mom Genes Marathon; Conan's Final TBS Episode to Air June 24
NBC Orders Night Court Revival to Pilot; House of Payne and Assisted Living Return May 25 and Ordered for Additional Season
Young Rock and Kenan Set to Return for Season 2; Schmigadoon! A New Apple TV+ Comedy Coming This July
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of May 3, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Night Court Reboot One Step Closer to Reality; IMDb TV Picks Up Comedy From My Name Is Earl Creator
Fri-Yay: Rewind TV Offers Sitcom Lovers a Chance to Watch Their 80s/90s Faves; CBS Announces Season Finale Dates
ABC Revises Summer Premieres and Finales, Announces Drama Finale Dates; IMDb TV Gets Greg Garcia Comedy

New on DVD/Blu-ray (January-May)

Corporate - Season 2 Fam - The Complete Series Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series

01/22 - Corporate - Season 2
01/22 - Corporate - Season 3
02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-24-2008, 10:38 PM   #211
tvcrazed
Forum Regular

If you notice they have not announced a PP description for that night. I think they will not run it and conserve that episode.

Here's an idea. The last Grey's of the Nov Sweep will be its 9th episode. They usually show one more (the tenth) in Dec. I think they should save that episode and not run any until Jan 29th. Assuming they can produce 25 hours this year (that's what they did 2 seasons ago, last year was a strike shortened season) they can run 16 conescutive eps from Jan 29th until its season finale in May - with NO reruns. The following week Lost will kick off its 16 week run (17 hours assuming a 2hr finale). I think we are all assuming it will air on Wed. This way they can advertise all through the holidays and Jan that 2 of their biggest hits, LOST and GA, will be rerun free for the next 4 months. Assuming PP moves after Grey's, they can run 7 or 8 eps this fall and have 16 new eps to follow Grey's on Thurs. I think we are all assuming it will move after Grey's in the Winter. Grey's and PP rerun free from Jan 29th until May. Maybe LOM can follow LOST on Wed. More male skewing shows together. I think its worth holding off a few eps in January in order to promote 16 consecutive weeks of no reruns. Plus William Peterson's last ep is their first one back in January. I don't think ABC should schedule a new ep against that, so it would make more sense to wait til the end of January.
tvcrazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:34 PM   #212
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

I talked to McPherson about Thanksgiving Eve. I suggested to him that ABC should air Shrek/Grinch at 8 and a new PD at 9 (why not? it makes the most sense out of holiday specials) and a Primetime special or something at 10. He said it is not fluid still and can change. As of now, original episodes of all three shows are slated for the night, which I hope doesn't happen.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:42 AM   #213
Zedman2
Frequent Poster

I understand Private Practice will be preempted on Nov 12 due to the CMA Awards, however, is there any reason why, outside of Nov 5th, the show is not listed in their sweeps announcement?
Zedman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:15 PM   #214
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

I'm not sure, but I do see it listed in the listings for Nov. 5, 19, and 26 in sweeps. Possibly the episode details for Nov. 19 and 26 are not in yet.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:10 PM   #215
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

TV

I will have to tell my mom about Private Practice Being Pre-empted.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:03 PM   #216
tvcrazed
Forum Regular

After watching ABC all weekend, every show has been promoted (some incredibly well like DSM) except one: Pushing Daisies. It's sad to me that they can't even run one promo. Boston Legal gets the same numbers lead in or not, promo or not. PD gets a 1.9 with no promotion or lead in. BL got just 2 tenths higher with both. I don't know why they can't promote it.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:48 PM   #217
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

tvcrazed, rest assured Pushing Daisies will be promoted tomorrow, Tuesday and Wednesday. Tomorrow during Samantha Who and Kimmel. Tuesday during Charlie Brown, Dancing, Kimmel. And Wednesday during ABC Daytime.

Last week was the only time ever they didn't promote it.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:02 PM   #218
tvcrazed
Forum Regular

thanks for the update Pavan, but the week before it got promos starting tues night with Kimmel - less than 24 hours worth and no primetime ones. This is its 5th epsiode and outside of the first week (and the Summer leading up to it, it has been virtually ignored). I guess since its a self starter, to me, it needs more promos than BL or ELI and they will get ample promos in the heavily watched shows that night.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:24 PM   #219
MusicJunkie
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to MusicJunkie Send a message via AIM to MusicJunkie Send a message via Yahoo to MusicJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Eli Stone never aired after Grey's Anatomy new or repeat last year. It aired after new episodes of Lost for the first half then repeats of Lost...and built on Lost repeats. And it was never "4-5" million. Eli track for last year in total viewers (millions):
After new episodes of Lost:
After repeat episodes of Lost:
5.88 after a special Thurs. Housewives repeat
8.81-Sunday special after a new Housewives
did you see where I said it's one of the ABC series I like (much like the Life On Mars post that was deleted for no reason because I found the ER/Eleventh Hour bashing pointless and disrespectful)? Why play the role of Mr. Defensive when two of the episode airings were precisely in the 5 million range, when you said it never was that low. You almost make me want to cut Desperate Housewives and Brothers And Sisters out of my weekly viewing habits because I don't like the ABC bias, and that would be a shame because B&S is probably the best drama on television at the moment.
MusicJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:53 PM   #220
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

MusicJunkie, if you want to make valid points, use valid facts. You said 4-5 million range, where it was only under 6 million twice. Not much of the season, is it? And you also said it aired after Grey's. Which it did not. All I'm doing is correcting what you said. I don't understand how this is biased when all I did was state facts. I didn't put an opinion in it.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:16 PM   #221
tvcrazed
Forum Regular

Fringe was a re-run and every net but ABC benefits. Mentalist and BL both up. DWTS stays same rating as last week. Don't get it.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #222
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

It's not the same audience, tvcrazed. Mentalist and BL didn't go substantially up.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:25 AM   #223
tvcrazed
Forum Regular

Mentalist went 3.4 to a 3.9, that's pretty substanial. Biggest Loser is reality competition aimed at Women. Same audience and it gets far less press. For it to be 3 tenths of a point behind DWTS is worrisome.

Now I see ABC is scheduling ATJ to take over for the results show in Dec. I hope that's only for December because JIm gets 1's now. Maybe their thinking is out of Christmas Specials it will hold most of the audience. As long as it is not there in the Winter. The best thing that worked againbts 2 hour Idols was Primetime..
Old 10-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #224
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

More updates to come, but here a few:

Friday, November 14
8:00PM SUPERNANNY (SPECIAL TIME)
9:00PM SUPER-MANNY (PILOT)

Wednesday, November 26
10:01PM-11:00PM Barbara Walters Special
This special is a Barbara Walters interview with President-elect Barack Obama.

Thursday, November 27
8:00-9:02PM A CHARLIE BROWN THANKSGIVING/THIS IS AMERICA CHARLIE BROWN: THE MAYFLOWER VOYAGERS (ENCORE FROM TUESDAY)
9:02-11:00PM GREY'S ANATOMY (R)

Friday, November 28
8:00PM-10:00PM ABC FRIDAY MOVIE OF THE WEEK: THE POLAR EXPRESS

Monday, December 1
8:00 PM SHREK THE HALLS
8:32 PM DR. SEUSS' HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS (animated)
9:02 PM SAMANTHA WHO?
9:31 PM SAMANTHA WHO?

Tuesday, December 2
8:00 PM SANTA CLAUS IS COMIN' TO TOWN

Tuesdays effective December 2
9:00PM & 9:30PM ACCORDING TO JIM (includes new holiday episode)

Thursday, December 4
10:00PM BARBARA WALTERS SPECIAL: 10 MOST FASCINATING PEOPLE OF 2008

Friday, December 5
8:00PM-10:00PM ABC FRIDAY MOVIE OF THE WEEK: HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS

Sunday, December 7
7:00PM TY PENNINGTON: BEHIND THE SCENES (followed by new episodes of EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION, DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, AND BROTHERS & SISTERS)

Monday, December 8
8:00 PM A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS
9:00PM-11:00PM BOSTON LEGAL (series finale)

Tuesday, December 9
8:00-9:00PM AFV CHRISTMAS (NEW)

Saturday, December 13
8-9PM America's Funniest Home Videos Christmas (repeat from Tues, Dec. 9)
9-11PM ABC Saturday Movie of the Week: Surviving Christmas

Sunday, December 14
8:00PM-10:00PM THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF DISNEY: THE SANTA CLAUSE 2
10:00PM DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES (R)

Monday, December 15
8:00 PM I WANT A DOG FOR CHRISTMAS, CHARLIE BROWN
9-11PM DRAMA HIGH: THE MAKING OF A HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL

Tuesday, December 16
8:00-9:00PM A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS (encore)

Saturday, December 20
8-9PM I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown
9-11PM ABC Saturday Movie of the Week: Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat (Live-Action Film)

Sunday, December 21
8:00PM-10:00PM EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION (two hours)

Monday, December 22
8:00PM SHREK THE HALLS (encore)
8:30-11:00PM ABC MONDAY MOVIE OF THE WEEK: CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY

Tuesday, December 23
8:00PM-9:00PM DR. SEUSS' HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS (expanded edition)
9:00PM REDISCOVERED (special) - The casting director who discovered Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera auditioned thousands of kids...most didn't go on to become celebrities. Now 20 years later, five of these former child performers will step on stage for a one night only performance…they'll live their dream, perform for millions of people and the audience favorite will take home $50,000 plus a special surprise from hosts Donny and Marie Osmond.
10:00PM THE LIST- The List is an entertainment information show that takes what's happening in show business and pop culture and counts it all down.

Wednesday, December 24
8:00-11:00PM THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF DISNEY: THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE (R)

Saturday, December 27
8:00-11:00PM ABC SATURDAY MOVIE OF THE WEEK: MIRACLE

Sunday, December 28
7:00-11:00PM ABC SUNDAY MOVIE OF THE WEEK: THE SOUND OF MUSIC

Monday, December 29
8:00-11:00PM ABC MONDAY MOVIE OF THE WEEK: PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL

Tuesday, December 30
8:00PM-8:30PM HAPPY NEW YEAR, CHARLIE BROWN
8:30PM-9:30PM RUDOLPH'S SHINY NEW YEAR

Wednesday, December 31
8:00-10:00PM ABC WEDNESDAY MOVIE OF THE WEEK: SHREK 2
10:00PM-11:00PM Dick Clark’s Primetime New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest
11:35PM-2:05AM Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest

Saturday, January 3
8:00-11:00 PM ABC SATURDAY MOVIE OF THE WEEK: SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE (1993) TOM HANKS, MEG RYAN

Wednesday, January 7
8:00 PM SCRUBS (R, 1/6)
8:30 PM SCRUBS (R, 1/6)
9:00 PM A SPECIAL EDITION OF 20/20 - MISSING IN MILWAUKEE
10:00 PM BARBARA WALTERS SPECIAL - PATRICK SWAYZE: THE TRUTH
(NOTE: EARTH 2100 WILL BE RESCHEDULED TO A LATER DATE)

Saturday, January 10
8:00 PM THE BACHELOR (R, 1/5)
10:00 PM TRUE BEAUTY (R, 1/5)

Wednesday, January 14
8:00PM-11:00PM LOST (R, season finale from May 2008)

Sunday, January 25

TBD
EARTH 2100
A look at what the world will look like in 2100 where cities are abandoned and our population has dropped by 80 percent if we do not head the warning signs. Experts say over the next hundred years the "perfect storm" of population growth, resource depletion and climate change will converge in an unstable world with catastrophic results. In this scenario the combination of war, famine and disease has the potential to create a post apocalyptic world in less than a hundred years. The scientists will tell us what actions we must take to survive and describe the world we can create to make earth in 2100 one we would be proud to imagine.

Winter Midseason

Monday, January 5
8:00-10:00PM The Bachelor (season premiere)
10:00PM True Beauty (season premiere)

Tuesdays, effective January 6
8:00PM Border Security USA
9:00PM Scrubs
9:30PM Scrubs

Thursdays, effective January 8
10:00PM Private Practice

Mondays, effective January 12
8:00PM-9:30PM The Bachelor (thru and including 3/2)
9:30PM Samantha Who?
10:00PM True Beauty (thru and including 2/23)

Wednesday, January 21
8:00-9:00pm Lost Clip Show
9:00-11:00PM Lost (two-hour season premiere)

Wednesdays, effective January 28
9:00PM Lost
10:00PM Life on Mars

Last edited by Pavan; 12-12-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:15 PM   #225
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

TV

I am glad According to Jim is Returning December 2, 2008.
Scoobiedoo30 is offline   Reply With Quote