Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-18-2015, 10:28 AM   #31
zack007attack
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade_Curtiss
I grew up near where this happened. The Emerys were total scumbags--completely arrogant and insisted they were "right" to kill this kid over minor property damage. (Turns out they got the wrong guy, but that didn't stop Adam from being a schmuck during the trial)

I believe Elena killed herself and he walked away from the bridge. He's probably living in Italy (the family has connections there, IIRC).

He's too much of a narcissist to kill himself, IMO.
I believe Elena was born in Italy, so her family is likely there. But here's the issue: if her family was aware of her death and/or Adam being alive without her, would they really be willing to help him? They likely might blame Adam for her death and would probably decide to severe ties with him.

Honestly, I think Adam is dead, his remains in that same river but have yet to be recovered. Only a few fragments of Elena's remains were found, so it is possible that the rest of her and Adam's remains could have been spread over the Narragansett Bay.
zack007attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:04 PM   #32
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by zack007attack
I believe Elena was born in Italy, so her family is likely there. But here's the issue: if her family was aware of her death and/or Adam being alive without her, would they really be willing to help him? They likely might blame Adam for her death and would probably decide to severe ties with him.

Honestly, I think Adam is dead, his remains in that same river but have yet to be recovered. Only a few fragments of Elena's remains were found, so it is possible that the rest of her and Adam's remains could have been spread over the Narragansett Bay.
^^This.^^

It's another hot topic on the boards right now, but the majority of people on here feel that Bryan Nisenfeld committed suicide. Yet only his shin bone was located.

Why is THIS case any different from Bryan's, especially if they both involve someone jumping off a bridge?
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:44 AM   #33
WilliamHBonney
Frequent Poster

Imo think he is dead. If anyone in his or Elena's family were giving him money FBI would have traced it.
WilliamHBonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:14 AM   #34
Jon
Forum Regular

The FBI and Rhode Island state police are actively looking for Adam Emery. He remains on the FBI's 'most wanted violent criminals' list.

I'm not at all convinced he's dead, because there's no proof of that. I've seen this called a "conspiracy theory" which is a bit silly when the head investigator on the case said as recently as 2016 that "we don't know" if he's dead. Also there is no proof of conspiracy. For all we know Adam Emery fled on his own.

Regarding the leg bone - it was immediately clear the height did not match. The authorities were not at all convinced it was Emery. Suicides are a regular occurrence from Newport Bridge, so there's no reason to believe it was him.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:46 AM   #35
alistaircranium
Frequent Poster

I think he killed Elena to give credence to the idea that they had both committed suicide.
alistaircranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:20 PM   #36
Awsi Dooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
The FBI and Rhode Island state police are actively looking for Adam Emery. He remains on the FBI's 'most wanted violent criminals' list.

I'm not at all convinced he's dead, because there's no proof of that. I've seen this called a "conspiracy theory" which is a bit silly when the head investigator on the case said as recently as 2016 that "we don't know" if he's dead. Also there is no proof of conspiracy. For all we know Adam Emery fled on his own.

Regarding the leg bone - it was immediately clear the height did not match. The authorities were not at all convinced it was Emery. Suicides are a regular occurrence from Newport Bridge, so there's no reason to believe it was him.
Scary post. The argument that he is still alive is conspiratorial caliber.

Authorities everywhere can be knuckleheads, with zero clue toward probability, and conspiratorial caliber. I guarantee plenty of them also believed those fake news stories last year. And next year. What they believe means nothing when basic common sense is near void.

I love reading my post on page one. I hadn't seen it in years. Much appreciate this bump.

And I'm hungry.
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:45 PM   #37
Jon
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger

Authorities everywhere can be knuckleheads, with zero clue toward probability, and conspiratorial caliber. I guarantee plenty of them also believed those fake news stories last year. And next year. What they believe means nothing when basic common sense is near void.

I love reading my post on page one. I hadn't seen it in years. Much appreciate this bump.

And I'm hungry.
The authorities would love to confirm he's dead, and then the FBI and Rhode Island police can all put away their tin foil hats and so can I.

But, they never have because there is no evidence he's dead, and you have not referred to any evidence in your sneering post. The victim's family are not satisfied he's dead either, I guess you can sneer at them as well.

If you disagree that's fine. But argue based on facts, not labeling. If there is any convincing evidence he's dead I would happily change my stance.

Again, there's no body. While we are talking about fake news, it would seem you believe the Rumsfeldian "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence".

I feel like law enforcement did their job in this case, as did the prosecutor. I see no reason to accuse them of incompetence. The real knucklehead in this case was the judge who let this man out on bail after his conviction as he awaited sentencing. That should have never happened, or I wouldn't be arguing with a stranger on the internet right now about this.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:32 AM   #38
will.im.not
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger

And I'm hungry.
I'd just like to point out that you were wrong before. In 2003 you said, "I'm certain the leg bone was indeed Adam Emery's." Mitochondrial DNA testing on the leg bone proved you were certainly wrong. The FBI crime lab has done mitochondrial DNA testing on all human remains pulled from Narragansett Bay, including said leg bone. None have thus far belonged to Adam Emery. That is the only certainty with regard to Mr. Emery's disappearance.
will.im.not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:20 AM   #39
soilentgreen
Forum Regular

I never understood why the judge allowed Emery free pre-sentencing. Cynthia Bass posted this in the comments section of an Rhode Island Monthly article on Adam Emery. The link to the comment is gone now, so I'm reposting it here:

Quote:
ADAM EMERY IS A LIVE AND WELL ACCORDING TO HIS NEPHEW . QUOTING A CARD THAT WAS MAILED TO ADAM'S FATHER , WHICH IS THE YOUNG MANS GRANDFATHER. HE SAID QUOTE " IM SORRY , AND IM OK . I WON'T BE CONTACTING YOU AGAIN . I WAS SHOCKED TO HEAR THIS AS IT WAS TOLD TO ME BY MY DAUGHTER . MY HUSBAND WAS RAYMOND BASS, THE BROTHER OF JASON BASS THE YOUNG MAN ADAM EMERY MURDERED IN AUG. OF 1990 . I LEFT A VOICE MESSAGE WITH THE A.G. OFFICE I BELEIVE IT WAS THE SUMMER OF 2006 . NO ONE RETURNED MY CALL . I EXPLAINED THAT I NEW OF A PERSON OF INTEREST RELATED TO THE EMERY / BASS MURDER CASE . OUR VOICE GOES UNHEARD . WHERE'S THE JUSTICE FOR JAY ! BUT WE STILL KEEP THE FAITH THAT SOMEDAY WE WILL HAVE ABSOLUTE CLOSURE . A BASS FAMILY MEMBER , CYNTHIA BASS - DENONCOUR
The card was most likely a hoax, but there's never been any evidence of Emery's remains in that area. My guess is that Elena encouraged him into the suicide in a similar fashion to how she encouraged him to attack Bass over a fender bender.
soilentgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:52 PM   #40
cdr369
Frequent Poster

This is a case where I want to be proven wrong, BUT I do believe he is dead. Case closed in my mind.

However, it would be great to find out I was wrong, and he was discovered elsewhere.
cdr369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:50 PM   #41
schmave
Forum Regular

I always figured he agreed to go along with the suicide pact, all the while planning not to do so. She jumped first, he didn't follow and she quickly realized this in the final moments of her life. Again, just my opinion.
He seemed cold and calculating enough that he would have disappeared by any means necessary. I think the guy is still alive.
After this long, any extra bone fragments very well could have floated far out into the Atlantic.
schmave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:20 PM   #42
alistaircranium
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmave
I always figured he agreed to go along with the suicide pact, all the while planning not to do so. She jumped first, he didn't follow and she quickly realized this in the final moments of her life. Again, just my opinion.
He seemed cold and calculating enough that he would have disappeared by any means necessary. I think the guy is still alive.
After this long, any extra bone fragments very well could have floated far out into the Atlantic.
Absolutely! This is my theory too. He needed her to die so it would seem like he killed himself as well.
alistaircranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:26 PM   #43
justins5256

We don't know enough about the psychological profile of Adam Emery to know whether he would stand there and let his wife jump. Given the lack of criminal history and/or violence in the husband and wife relationship and the fact that nothing has surfaced in all the years suggests he's in the water.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 05:36 PM   #44
schmave
Forum Regular

Yes, but the cold-blooded SOB also committed murder for no reason and was absolutely remorseless. That's all I need to know about the guy to figure he is capable of anything.
schmave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 06:38 PM   #45
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmave
Yes, but the cold-blooded SOB also committed murder for no reason and was absolutely remorseless. That's all I need to know about the guy to figure he is capable of anything.
He killed a stranger in a fit of rage. There is a huge difference between that and letting someone you're romantically involved with jump to their death.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote