Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-11-2017, 12:10 PM   #31
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
While I still think at least Ann Sigmin had every intention of harming Charlie Sigmin at some point in time, I'm not sure either Ann nor Gary had planned on it being the night Charlie was ultimately shot and killed. I always thought it was interesting that LE had such divergent views on the case, but it has never escaped me that Gary Goff himself used to be a police officer (and although to my knowledge it's never been revealed for which agency he worked, I've always suspected it was the one which the officer who could see "no way Gary Goff is capable of murder first degree" also worked).
Right after I posted about Goff in the "bad guys you feel sorry for" thread, I started thinking that him turning himself in and then pleading guilty to 2nd degree murder (from my understanding there was a plea arrangement so he could testify against Ann Sigmin) seemed slightly fishy. The case was not strong to begin with, IMO. Because Goff did have a broken arm in a cast, and Charlie was much larger. I think he had a decent shot of an acquittal (again, based off of everything known which was presented in the UM segment), and I just found it odd that he immediately came forward after the UM airing and turned himself in and plead guilty shortly thereafter. I wonder if Goff and Sigmin took off together and then he killed her too, which is why she's never been located. And it would also explain his reasoning for turning himself in immediately, and publicly pleading for her to do the same. Maybe I'm giving Goff too much credit. But if it's true, that's a hell of a way to get away with a 2nd murder.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:29 PM   #32
bell83
You're in high school again.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Right after I posted about Goff in the "bad guys you feel sorry for" thread, I started thinking that him turning himself in and then pleading guilty to 2nd degree murder (from my understanding there was a plea arrangement so he could testify against Ann Sigmin) seemed slightly fishy. The case was not strong to begin with, IMO. Because Goff did have a broken arm in a cast, and Charlie was much larger. I think he had a decent shot of an acquittal (again, based off of everything known which was presented in the UM segment), and I just found it odd that he immediately came forward after the UM airing and turned himself in and plead guilty shortly thereafter. I wonder if Goff and Sigmin took off together and then he killed her too, which is why she's never been located. And it would also explain his reasoning for turning himself in immediately, and publicly pleading for her to do the same. Maybe I'm giving Goff too much credit. But if it's true, that's a hell of a way to get away with a 2nd murder.
Damn...that's a hell of an interesting thought.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:55 PM   #33
RobinW

Quote:
Years ago, I seem to remember that someone related to Ann Sigmin actually posted in this forum and shared this very same theory that Goff killed her and disposed of the body before turning himself in. Of course, I think this poster blindly defended Ann and claimed Charlie beat her, so I'd take the claims with a grain of salt.

EDIT: Found the original post. Looks like they never posted again after that...
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...8&postcount=12
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:09 PM   #34
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
And it would also explain his reasoning for turning himself in immediately, and publicly pleading for her to do the same. Maybe I'm giving Goff too much credit. But if it's true, that's a hell of a way to get away with a 2nd murder.
Wow... That is a hell of a theory, Cars. But it makes perfect sense. Goff plays the patsy while blaming her knowing she’s already dead. Maybe he was crazy like a fox. Would be sort of like a “Usual Suspects” ending, but very possible.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:30 PM   #35
Jade_Curtiss
Frequent Poster

I always thought Gabby's Bones would never be solved...but I guess I was wrong!
Jade_Curtiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 01:16 AM   #36
Mike82
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller
Yes — I totally agree. For a long time I waffled on this thinking maybe Dottie did run off to start over or commit suicide. But after I read those articles many months ago, the conclusion is obvious.

Jule is 100% responsible for murdering Dottie.
I read those articles and maybe I am still an amateur on this case but I am still unconvinced as no smoking gun has been spotted. Jule didnt seem too bright of a guy and he is sleazier than I first imagined but I still cannot make the leap to murder: he seems like the kind of guy who is too lazy to kill anyone and if he did would boast about it. I know this sounds dumb but if the law is so convinced he did it how was he never charged? What are they waiting for?

Having said that, if he did a deathbed confession I would not be totally shocked either. What I do not understand is why the detective believes Jule buried the body at home when he could easily dump it in the deep woods given his forestry career. Is he just the second luckiest guy in UM history next to that kidnapper in Minnesota?
Mike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 01:27 AM   #37
Mike82
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Yes — I totally agree. For a long time I waffled on this thinking maybe Dottie did run off to start over or commit suicide. But after I read those articles many months ago, the conclusion is obvious.

Jule is 100% responsible for murdering Dottie.
I read those articles and maybe I am still an amateur on this case but I am still unconvinced as no smoking gun has been spotted. Jule didnt seem too bright of a guy and he is sleazier than I first imagined but I still cannot make the leap to murder: he seems like the kind of guy who is too lazy to kill anyone and if he did would boast about it. I know this sounds dumb but if the law is so convinced he did it how was he never charged? What are they waiting for?

Having said that, if he did a deathbed confession I would not be totally shocked either. What I do not understand is why the detective believes Jule buried the body at home when he could easily dump it in the deep woods given his forestry career. Is he just the second luckiest guy in UM history next to that kidnapper in Minnesota?
Mike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:52 PM   #38
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike82
There is no smoking gun (as in evidence that could convict him) but the pattern of how he lived with Dottie, what he did around her disappearance, and what he did after leaves no doubt. Remember, he came off on UM with an uninterested, almost aloof attitude with regard to Dottie. Didn't care, couldn't care less, "Oh well..." But when you read about all the things he did, that is contrary to his attitude. He covered up and he ran. He used her mental state as an excuse.

It's not like Dottie was fleeing the mob. She isn't wanted for a crime. So if she really ran off, why stay in hiding all these years? I highly doubt she wasn't the victim of a random crime. If so, why hide her body? That would be a lot of work for a robbery gone bad or any other incident at the BART station.

Jule was a controlling man who ultimately probably snapped, murdered Dottie, covered it up, and got the hell out of Dodge. He totally comes across as a pompous, self-centered, egotistic ass and I am 100% convinced he killed is wife.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:52 AM   #39
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike82
no smoking gun has been spotted
He rented out the house to new tenants before he reported Dottie missing. Virtually all of Dottie's friends and her sister say that she and Jule worked out an agreement that she would stay at their house in CA and pay him the rent while he went off to UT. The fact that he rented the house prior to Dottie being reported missing is the biggest smoking gun in this case. He knew she was already dead.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:18 AM   #40
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
He rented out the house to new tenants before he reported Dottie missing. Virtually all of Dottie's friends and her sister say that she and Jule worked out an agreement that she would stay at their house in CA and pay him the rent while he went off to UT. The fact that he rented the house prior to Dottie being reported missing is the biggest smoking gun in this case. He knew she was already dead.
Yes! Again, there is no "smoking gun" in the sense that will convict him in court, but as Cars said, Jule's behavior shows he knew Dottie wasn't coming back because she was already dead. His "whatever" attitude on UM is very different than his plotting, calculating behavior in real life. On UM he was leaving notes on her car saying "Please come back" all the while he was moving on without her permanently.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:30 AM   #41
unsolved1981
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
Used to believe Dub Wackerhagen murdered Latricia White and went on the run with Chance, but I'm now 100 % convinced all three of them were murdered by someone else.
If we were going to have 'Top 5 Unsolved Mysteries reversals of all time' I think Dub Wackerhagen + Mike Reimer would be in it. Look at threads from say 2010, everyone KNEW they did it.

For the record, I always thought Wackerhagen was probably innocent because the motive made no sense considering they also thought he murdered his own son (wait a min - i thought the motive was that the step mom was abusive toward Chance - but then he murders Chance?).
unsolved1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:38 AM   #42
unsolved1981
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Yes! Again, there is no "smoking gun" in the sense that will convict him in court, but as Cars said, Jule's behavior shows he knew Dottie wasn't coming back because she was already dead. His "whatever" attitude on UM is very different than his plotting, calculating behavior in real life. On UM he was leaving notes on her car saying "Please come back" all the while he was moving on without her permanently.
That Jules later on denied making the 'i drove her to the subway' story puts it in a weird light too, makes you wonder what the actual last verifiable sighting of her was.
unsolved1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:39 AM   #43
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
- Thought Jefferey Digman was murdered initially. Seems like a pretty clear-cut case of suicide when one considers the information carefully, although I do still have a question or two.
Was it Gunderson's reputation that made you reconsider?
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:16 PM   #44
unsolved88
Forum Regular

After reading up on Michael Lloyd Self, I'm convinced that he killed those two girls. He changed his story about how the interrogation went down and although he claimed the officers beat him, he made no mention of this to a doctor who examined him later that day and photographs showed no such injuries. He couldn't even remember on the stand which version of the interrogation was true! You can read more here:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...=michael+lloyd

I think this was one of those situations where the segment seemed to want to play up the fact that Self had a developmental disability and therefore those evil cops must have manipulated him into a false confession a la Johnny Lee Wilson. But the two cases are nowhere near the same. I don't think Self was anywhere near as "slow" as they tried to portray.
unsolved88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:21 PM   #45
lashlarue
Frequent Poster

Sarah Powell.

When I first watched the segment when it originally aired I thought she was merely covering up, holding back information, or even exaggerating. Now I think she's a complete liar and faker.
lashlarue is offline   Reply With Quote