Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine
The Flintstones Coming to MeTV in Fall 2019; Lifetime Tackles The College Admissions Scandal

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-03-2002, 04:16 PM   #1
dynoguy88

Lightbulb O.K., I need some UM related advice

As many here might have already guessed from some of the past posts I have written here, you all know the Maple's/Baskin's case (the UM segment about the grandparents kidnapping 2 of their grandchildren) has always been the biggest story from the show that really grabbed my attention.

Well, they aired the Maple's/Baskin's case on Lifetime a couple days ago again, and I watched it AGAIN, and I felt sad AGAIN, because there still hasn't been any other update on the case.

O.K., here's the advice part. I assure you all that I am not crazy, but I would really like to write a letter to Mark and Debbie Baskin. My intentions aren't to find out how their lives have been the last 10 years, I don't want to be nosey or anything, I would just like to tell them that I have seen their case on Unsolved Mysteries many times, that it had an effect on me and that I'm praying for them. That's all.

Easier said than done. Seeing that I have never met these people, of course I don't know their address. And I'm kind of stuck on how I can get it. I know this is a long shot, I thought about e-mailing Anita Flagg who works for the Murfreesboro police, they have a web-site, or maybe e-mailing the Unsolved Mysteries web-site, or looking for people search on yahoo, whatever. It doesn't even have to be mailed directly to the Baskin's, heck, if someone at the police who knows their address, could send it to them too, that would be fine, doesn't matter.

I'd just like to get an address without them thinking I'm stalking them or something. I'd really feel good if I could do this. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could contact them. Am I crazy for wanting to do this???
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 08:27 PM   #2
cellomaster
Occasional Poster

I don't think that's crazy. I could have sworn this case was solved, though! Maybe I am thinking of another.

I would write to the police dept. in charge of the case, and they can forward your letter to the family. It might be a good idea to either email or call the police dept. there first, to ensure that they would forward the letter. If you do send a letter, send it along with one to the police so they know what the family letter is for and who it's to. It would also be a good idea to leave the family letter open, in case the police feel a need to glance through it (for safety reasons or other).
cellomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 11:34 AM   #3
dynoguy88

Default reply

Hmm, I didn't think it would be so easy. The article I read and posted here said they live in Barbourville, Kentucky... so I looked them up and found their address and phone # on www.whitepages.com

I can write them directly now, but is it still a better idea to e-mail the Murfreesboro police first?
Old 12-06-2003, 12:05 AM   #4
UMfan77

Default O.K., I need some UM related advice

I know that you posted this over a year ago about writing the Baskin family a letter letting them know how the story of their abducted children has saddened you. Did you ever mail them a letter? If you did, did they respond?

I can relate to you wanting to let a suffering family know that you are praying for them, because I've wanted to do that too after watching certain segments on Unsolved Mysteries.
UMfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 02:43 PM   #5
bebe_23
Frequent Poster

I don't think it's crazy at all to want to write a letter to them. I'm sure they'd be touched to know that people out there still care about this case. I say go for it, they need all the support and encouragement they can get.
bebe_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 12:51 AM   #6
dynoguy88

Default reply

Thanks for the late replies bebe_23 and UMfan77.

Yes, I did mail the letter to the Baskin's. At first I didn't know how to mail it because I didn't know their address. So I checked out the city web site for Murfreesboro, Tennessee (where the kids were abducted by their grandparents, the Maples, in 1989)

I clicked on the Murfreesboro Police Department hoping to find Anita Flagg's e-mail address. (She was interviewed in the UM segment in case you didn't remember. She was assigned to interview with the kids and she knew right away that the Maples were coaching them into making the police believe that the Baskin's had molested the children.)

Anyway, I asked Ms. Flagg if she would be kind enough to forward my letter to the Baskin's since she would know where they live. I also told her she was more than welcome to read the letter so she would know for sure that I wasn't some psycho trying to stalk them. She said she would be more than happy to do that for me and she also said that she wished more citizens would try to get involved in cases. (To this day, she still has people come up to her on the street asking whether or not Kristi and Bobby have been found.)

I tried to search for the right words to express to the Baskin's knowing how they have lived a nightmare for the last 15 years not knowing where their children are. I just told them that their case still saddens me to this day and that there's never a day that goes by that I don't think of them and that I pray for them constantly. It's terrible seeing bad things happen to good people.

I never recieved a response from them but as long as they were able to read the letter, that's the important thing.
Old 12-09-2003, 12:58 AM   #7
dynoguy88

Default reply #2

Almost forgot to mention this - I had another dream a couple days ago that this case was solved and that I ran here to this web-site to post the information to you all.

That was the 3rd time I have had a dream about this case. I don't know why it's effected me so much.

I guess this tells you when you are truly an Unsolved Mysteries fanatic - when you start dreaming about the cases you see.