Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

General Dramas News and Discussion / Current Dramas/Dramedies Boards / Classic Dramas/Dramedies Boards / Current Dramas/Dramedies Photo Galleries / Classic Dramas/Dramedies Photo Galleries

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Dramas News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 26, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: NBC Developing Serendipity Series; Designing Women Making Streaming Media Debut
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: ABC; Antenna TV Acquires The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's the Boss? and More
Dancing with the Stars Cast for Season 28; Lilly Singh Gets NBC Primetime Special
Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-11-2014, 05:10 PM   #1
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

TV Starz Ends "Power" after 6 Seasons

Starz’s "Power" Renewed for Season 2
by NELLIE ANDREEVA
June 11, 2014

Another early second-season renewal for a Starz drama — the pay cable network has picked up "Power" following its debut last Friday.

The series, created and executive produced by Courtney Kemp Agboh and executive producers Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Mark Canton, David Knoller and Randall Emmett, will begin production on its 10-episode second season in September in and around New York and at its home base at Steiner Studios in Brooklyn.

The eight-episode first season is set in two different worlds, the glamorous New York club scene and the brutal drug trade, and follows James “Ghost” St. Patrick (Omari Hardwick) as he attempts to leave his illegitimate lifestyle behind.

Power is a project extremely close to my heart and working with Chris Albrecht, Carmi Zlotnik and the Starz team has been the perfect fit for this,” Jackson said.

Viewers may be loving the start of Season 1 now, but Season 2 will blow them away.

"Power" debuted on Friday with 462,000 Live+same day at 9 PM, 1.27 million for the three Saturday night airings and 2.022 million for the nine weekend runs on Saturday and Sunday.

That was down from Starz’s most recent debut, pirate drama "Black Sails" which launched in January with 846,000; 1.7 million and 2.6 million.

It was also roughly on par with last August’s opening of limited series "The White Queen" (416,000 for the premiere airing; 2.1 million for premiere weekend).

http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/powe...-season-starz/
Attached Images

Last edited by JamesG; 05-09-2019 at 02:33 PM.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:01 AM   #2
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Default 50 Cent’s Starz series “Power” looks like a superficial video rather than a real dram

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rev...-review-709874

“'Power' seemingly wants to be a show that tells a big, complicated, meaningful story about, well, the perils and problems of power and how one man deals with them,” says Tim Goodman. "That man is James ‘Ghost' St. Patrick (Omari Hardwick) and how he deals with these issues isn’t particularly intriguing. In fact, no part of Power is particularly intriguing. It feels like a superficial video rather than a real drama. Take out the sex and the swearing and it could be on ABC like any of its other vapid soaps.” PLUS: “Power” revels in all the clichés of the genre — but with sincerity, not cynicism, and it offers undemanding escapism with pay-TV trappings.
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/tv-tattle/5#yiJ8MOlrgmmXkCrV.99
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:54 PM   #3
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Power" Renewed for Season 3 on Starz
by Patrick Hipes
June 10, 2015

Five days after "Power" returned with a record-setting ratings surge in its second-season premiere, Starz has renewed the drama starring and executive produced by Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson for Season 3.

On Saturday, the Season 2 premiere drew 1.43 million viewers, making it the network’s most-watched original series season debut. It was up 209% from its Season 1 debut in June 2014 and 32% from the Season 1 finale in August.

Over all plays on the weekend, the Season 2 bow brought in 3.62 million viewers — the most watched original series episode ever for the channel.

http://deadline.com/2015/06/power-re...rz-1201440736/
Old 07-16-2015, 03:27 PM   #4
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

I'm happy for Omari Hardwick and 50 Cent. I've only seen a few episodes of season one of Power on Starz channel website. I don't have the Starz channel and I wish I did because I wanna watch it. I'm a Omari Hardwick fan and I liked him on Dark Blue tv show with Dylan McDermott. I got season one on dvd and I'm trying to get season 2. I'm gonna get Power season one on dvd but it's gonna take me awhile until I can get a full time job. I'm working 2 part time jobs now. I wonder if Walmart or Target has Power season one on dvd. I'm gonna go to those stores later and see if they have it. I like the cute Hispanic woman on Power who Omari is messing with even though he's married to Naturi Naughton hahahahahahahahahaha. Hispanic woman is cuter than Naturi. I saw one episode when Omari had sex with the Hispanic woman at his club in his office. He banged her on the wall LOL. JamesG, what's her real name and isn't her name Angela on Power?
isiahthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 03:14 PM   #5
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

I saw Power on dvd for season one at Walmart and I'm gonna buy it in a few weeks. They're selling it for $20.
isiahthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:58 PM   #6
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Power" Renewed for Seasons 4 and 5
by Kimberly Roots
July, 19 2016

Looks like Ghost won’t be ghosting anytime soon. Starz has given "Power" a two-season renewal, the network announced Tuesday, ensuring the drama’s run through Season 5.

The news comes after Sunday’s Season 3 premiere pulled in a record number of viewers for the premium cabler: 2.26 million live + same day viewers, 55 percent more than the previous record holder, "Outlander‘s" Season 2 opener.

Executive Producer and cast member Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson said, “I knew Power was going to be something special from the first concept meeting I had with Mark Canton.

The fans support for the show has been the driving force of its success and I can’t wait to bring them two more seasons full of action and suspense.

http://tvline.com/2016/07/19/power-r...son-4-5-starz/
Old 03-13-2018, 02:14 PM   #7
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Power" Renewed for Season 6 at Starz; Gets Season 5 Premiere Date
by Denise Petski
March 13, 2018

Starz has given an early renewal to its hit drama series "Power".

Ahead of production wrapping on Season 5, Starz has ordered an additional sixth season with Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson set to the direct the S6 premiere episode. Season 5 will return on Sunday, July 1 at 9pm.

As Power wraps production on season five, we want to acknowledge and thank our spectacular Power team for producing another great season,” said Carmi Zlotnik, Starz President of Programming.

We are also pleased to announce a pick-up for season six.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/power-re...te-1202336969/
Old 05-09-2019, 02:38 PM   #8
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Power" To End with Season 6; “Unpredictable” Spin-offs for Starz Drama Underway
by Dominic Patten
May 9, 2019

The upcoming sixth season of the Courtney Kemp created and Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson executive produced NYC underworld drama "Power" will be the last for the Starz series.

However, the 15-episode August 25 premiering “The Final Betrayal” season won’t be the end of the dirty deeds for the premium cabler’s top offering as planned spin-offs are already in the pipeline.

We will follow some of your beloved Power characters beyond the scope of the initial series,” proclaimed EP Kemp today of the next phases in the world she fashioned. “But we will play with your expectations of which characters, where, and the master timeline of it all, creating a Power universe as unpredictable as the original.

Though there are no significant details of which characters from the series are graduating to their own Starz series, we hear that a writers’ room has already been formed for at least one of the spin-offs.

Season 6 brings us to the end of what we know is just the first chapter of the Power story,” Starz programming boss Carmi Zlotnik said Thursday.

However, as one chapter comes to an end, another will begin. Courtney Kemp and 50 Cent have created a world rich with complex and dynamic characters and there are a number of stories we plan to tell as we continue to explore and expand the Power universe.

The last 5 seasons of Power have been an incredible ride for me and all of our supportive fans,” stated Curtis Jackson.

We are far from over and I am excited to bring you more from the Power brand. I am proud that I was able to put a lasting stamp on this chapter with my directorial debut in an episode that features one of the wildest scenes ever on the show.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/power-e...rz-1202610836/