Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-13-2011, 09:19 PM   #76
SageSlowdive
the real hank queen
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksparkles18
If that happened to me, I don't think I'd go outside again for weeks! And I'd be even more paranoid about that kind of thing than I am now!
We were in total horror - we told nearby security and they treated it with ease, acting as if we were just looking for attention.
SageSlowdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:34 AM   #77
mystery_daisy
True Crime Buff

Send a message via AIM to mystery_daisy Send a message via MSN to mystery_daisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousMind90
Have you ever had a brush with fate--an encounter with or, or observed, a suspicious person--like many of those who turn out to be serial killers/abductors (For example, Oba Chandler, Angela Hammond's abductor)--and you feel in retrospect that wisdom saved you?

My father related to me a creepy event which happened to us around 1995-1996. We had taken a vacation and were midway between home and wherever we had went (upstate somewhere) and had rented a hotel room. A very shady, creepy looking man, was observed numerous times over a period of hours walking back and forth across the parking lot, looking to see if people noticed him, making sure he wasn't being watched (he didn't realiz that my father was watching him from the window) and this man walked back and forth to our car specifically, as if scoping it out.

My father decided to make his presence felt and looked down on the packing lot (we were in a room on the second floor which had a little balcony, so anyone looking from the balcony area or whatever could be seen from below). At seeing that my father had noticed him, the man fled.

That is so-ooo creepy. Thank goodness your father was was so alert.

Well I've had a few brushes with creepiness- a serial rapist, a murderer, a missing person, and a burgler

Back in about 1987 a man dubbed the Voss Road Rapist was apprehended and eventually convicted for a series of attacks in the Houston area. Well a friend called me and told me that it was Rick Fraus who was a friend of my fiance's. We were shocked b/c we had hung out with him so many times and while he did seem a little weird, I still find it hard to believe what he did. I can't seem to find anything about it online, but I may check some more later. I never married that fiance btw. I got away from him when he turned out to be dangerous too. A police officer had given me some good advice which helped me to get away from the fiance, who was not easy to get rid of.

Twenty years ago my friend was murdered by an attempted carjacker. This case was profiled on AMW. We had gone out together to celebrate her 21st birthday and later we met up with some other friends and she left with them. Anyway when they were getting gas on the way home, a would-be car jacker shot her once in the chest. Sherry Dawn Dunson. Although there is an eye witness to the shooting, the murderer has not been found.

In 1992 Tara Breckenridge disappeared from Loop 610 where her car was discovered. The story was profiled on Unsolved Mysteries and AMW too. She and I had mutual friends in the Houston area. Wayne Heckler, her boyfriend was the #1 suspect but he remains free. They could never get quite enough evidence to arrest him, but he had a history of controlling and abusing Tara and she had told many she planned on leaving him. I find his body language telling and the way he speaks of Tara just screams murderer. With no exeptions that I'm aware of everone that knew both of them thinks he killed her and hid her body somewhere. She has never been found.

In 2001 I was living alone before I had dogs, and I heard a little noise in the middle of the night. I ignored it, then something just came over me that I had to check it out. I got up and went into the living room where I was surprised to see a prowler standing there. He had come in through the back door. With authority I told him to leave and guess what? He DID. whew!!! I saw the car he & another man left in but was unable to obtain the license plate unfortunately and the police didn't find him.

A few weeks ago in Houston there serial murderer arrested by the name of Steve Hobbs. When I saw the headline I had to catch my breath b/c I knew a Steve Hobbs about 10 years ago, but turns out he is a different Steve Hobbs.
Again, whew!! But yay he's behind bars!
mystery_daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:34 AM   #78
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystery_daisy
Twenty years ago my friend was murdered by an attempted carjacker. This case was profiled on AMW. We had gone out together to celebrate her 21st birthday and later we met up with some other friends and she left with them. Anyway when they were getting gas on the way home, a would-be car jacker shot her once in the chest. Sherry Dawn Dunson. Although there is an eye witness to the shooting, the murderer has not been found.

I'm so sorry. I lost a good friend of mine last year as well, but not to a murderer. I can only imagine the pain and anger you must have gone through. I hope the killer is found or is already imprisoned.
Quote:
In 2001 I was living alone before I had dogs, and I heard a little noise in the middle of the night. I ignored it, then something just came over me that I had to check it out. I got up and went into the living room where I was surprised to see a prowler standing there. He had come in through the back door. With authority I told him to leave and guess what? He DID. whew!!! I saw the car he & another man left in but was unable to obtain the license plate unfortunately and the police didn't find him.
That is amazing! Good job!!
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:03 AM   #79
mystery_daisy
True Crime Buff

Thanks. I'm so sorry for your loss, as well. xx Nothing is quite like losing a friend. It has been 20 years ago, last month and it still very saddening.

My friend's name was Sherry Dawn Dunson, btw-the post didn't make that quite clear.

That prowler guy thing was really weird. I don't like to think about what could have happened. He had a get away driver, so who knows what they were up to. That is probably the only time I had forgotten to lock my door the whole time I lived there. I wonder if he had checked it other nights before. *shivers*
Old 11-14-2011, 03:39 AM   #80
WishfulDreamer

I'm just shocked he actually listened to you. Maybe he just wanted to rob the place and didn't realize anyone was home? Whatever the reason, thank goodness you were ok!
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #81
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

I'm surprised that the intruder listened to Mystery Daisy, too, and got out of her house. Finding someone in your house at night! Good grief, just thinking about it makes my blood run cold.

Glad you have dogs now Mystery Daisy! I've got beagles and even though they're just snoopy dogs, they make good little protectors!
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #82
crookshanks
Over it
Frequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to crookshanks

I don't know if this counts, but once I had a patient (I work in an emergency room) from jail, who, unbeknowst to me at the time, was a rapist and murderer. He seemed so nice, I was a bit shocked to hear it!
Old 11-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #83
mystery_daisy
True Crime Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofgold
I don't know if this counts, but once I had a patient (I work in an emergency room) from jail, who, unbeknowst to me at the time, was a rapist and murderer. He seemed so nice, I was a bit shocked to hear it!
Of course that counts!! That must have been so scary for you, looking back.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:48 PM   #84
pinksparkles18
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageSlowdive
We were in total horror - we told nearby security and they treated it with ease, acting as if we were just looking for attention.
How helpful of them. Glad you're ok though!
pinksparkles18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #85
SageSlowdive
the real hank queen
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksparkles18
How helpful of them. Glad you're ok though!
They told us that stories are 'stories' and reality is something else. They're some of the biggest idiots I've ever came into contact with.
SageSlowdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:06 AM   #86
luvzjohn101
Frequent Poster

I knew a guy at bowling who was alittle off. His mother was the school librarian of the middle school that I went to. So last year my mom found an article about a guy who killed his father that looked like one of my bowling buddies. I looked at the picture and it was indeed the guy that I knew! His mother was visiting relatives and he was home alone with his father. So then his father-a retired police man-was threatening my bowling buddy with his gun. As a way to defend himself, my buddy-we didn't know each other that well and were just bowling buddies-took another gun in the room and shot his father. You think you know somebody, eh?
luvzjohn101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:19 PM   #87
crookshanks
Over it
Frequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to crookshanks

One time, while watching UM, a guy drove up to my house, parked his car, and started looking in all the windows. When I heard the car, I was smart enough to hide behind a chair. He looked around for about 5 minutes before looking angry and driving off. I have no clue who this guy was and have not seen him since.

Some of the stories here are absolutely terrifying! Sageslowdrive, yours especially!
crookshanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #88
alfiechat
Frequent Poster

A few months ago, I was watching television down stairs because I coudln't sleep. I hear the screen door open, then the front door opened and a guy walked in. I started screaming saying get out, get out, and pushed him out the door and called the cops. My neighbors were sitting on their porch the whole time and did nothing. a few weeks later, the SAME guy tried to get in their house while they were on the front porch.
I think he was just drunk, but it was pretty scary all the same.
alfiechat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:56 PM   #89
ontarioboi
Frequent Poster

i was once given a speeding ticket by a cop..........
ontarioboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #90
mystery_daisy
True Crime Buff

Icon15

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfiechat
A few months ago, I was watching television down stairs because I coudln't sleep. I hear the screen door open, then the front door opened and a guy walked in. I started screaming saying get out, get out, and pushed him out the door and called the cops. My neighbors were sitting on their porch the whole time and did nothing. a few weeks later, the SAME guy tried to get in their house while they were on the front porch.
I think he was just drunk, but it was pretty scary all the same.
Woah, That does sound SCARY. Kudos to you for holding your ground and getting him TFO of your house!!