Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: NBC Developing Serendipity Series; Designing Women Making Streaming Media Debut
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: ABC; Antenna TV Acquires The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's the Boss? and More
Dancing with the Stars Cast for Season 28; Lilly Singh Gets NBC Primetime Special
Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #46
nohwheregirl
THE Mystery Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo de Lorenzo
...We were shocked when we saw his picture and realized he was the one we shared a meal with and a long drive with no incident whatsoever.
Gaaahh!! That really IS a close call. It's a good thing you were so friendly about sharing your condiments with him. He might have come after you otherwise.
nohwheregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:16 PM   #47
Mateo de Lorenzo
Occasional Poster

Yeah, I totally agree. It was the last time I ever gave a stranger a ride though!
Mateo de Lorenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:09 PM   #48
Kyte
The Greatest
Frequent Poster

bump
Kyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:22 PM   #49
Mateo de Lorenzo
Occasional Poster

Well, seems how the topic kinda diverted from killers to just creeps, I will share two other stories.

First one was when I was seven years old. My uncle (a different one lol) took me to the county fair. I was in the house of mirrors and he was waiting for me. When I came out, he was gone. I panicked. Started running around like a chicken with his head cut off lol. I circled the kiddy section of the rides two or three times then started jetting towards Mexican Village. On the way, some old guy stopped me, kinda grabbed my arm and asked if I needed help. It freaked me the hell out, and I kicked him and ran back to the rides section, and as I ran by the house of mirrors again, my uncle grabbed me and chided me for running off. Turns out he was next to the ride buying us caramel apples lol. The guy that grabbed me, in hindsight, was likely just trying to help but as an already scared seven year old, it scared the hell out of me.

Second creepy story is my good friend and I were about 13 and would walk down a frontage road, so some country pathways to go play ball and eat at our favorite restaurant every day over the summer. One time, coming back, we noticed a red pick up truck pass us, turn around pass us again then turn around again and pass us. That time, it turned into a driveway about 100 years ahead of us and just parked, the driver looking towards us. My friend and I looked at each other, turned around and crossed the frontage road into a small shopping center where the towns shooting range was. We figured the fool wouldnt be dumb enough to go where he knew loaded guns were. We sat there for an hour when someone asked why. We told him. he was an offduty cop who offered us a ride home, but we insisted on a uniformed cop with a car, so he called one over to us.
Mateo de Lorenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #50
SageSlowdive
the real hank queen
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
I used to know the young man who killed the couple from Montana that was featured in the Dannion Brinkley segment. I don't really feel comfortable talking about it on the boards, but PM me and I'll give you the details.

...also: I have a family member that lives in Lincoln, MT and used to talk about a guy named "Crazy Ted." He even gave "Crazy Ted" a ride home from the post office once. I'm sure you can figure out who "Crazy Ted" is...
The Zodiac Killer?
SageSlowdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #51
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

I'm guessing it's Ted Bundy.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #52
WishfulDreamer

If so, how fortunate this family member was male and able to tell the tale!
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:17 AM   #53
NellieBlyArmy
Frequent Poster

Ted Kaczynski. His shack was around Lincoln, Montana, and neither Bundy nor the Zodiac were in that state.

My mom did live across the street (in an apartment with no working locks) from Ted Bundy when she was in Tallahassee, FL. It was back when she was a grad student. She moved a week before the Chi Omega spree. She says she found out about Bundy by walking past her TV and wondering why her old apartment was on the screen. Then she freaked out and was never lax about getting a lock fixed again.
NellieBlyArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #54
88keys
Forum Regular

Quote:
We sat there for an hour when someone asked why. We told him. he was an offduty cop who offered us a ride home, but we insisted on a uniformed cop with a car, so he called one over to us.
Sounds like you were very smart 13 year olds.
88keys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #55
SageSlowdive
the real hank queen
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NellieBlyArmy
Ted Kaczynski. His shack was around Lincoln, Montana, and neither Bundy nor the Zodiac were in that state.

My mom did live across the street (in an apartment with no working locks) from Ted Bundy when she was in Tallahassee, FL. It was back when she was a grad student. She moved a week before the Chi Omega spree. She says she found out about Bundy by walking past her TV and wondering why her old apartment was on the screen. Then she freaked out and was never lax about getting a lock fixed again.
Obviously you've never seen Unsolved Mysteries - Unabomber WAS Zodiac
SageSlowdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #56
NellieBlyArmy
Frequent Poster

Hee - you've got me there!
NellieBlyArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:02 PM   #57
chacha6581
Forum Regular

Heck yeah. I know about 4 people who are in prison right now for murder. All People from neighborhood growing up.
I did have a scary incident as a teen. Some weird guy kept calling my private phone line. I star sixty nined the number, and we did a reverse phone search to find his address.
Some friends and I staked out his apartment to get a look at the guy. His neighbors told us that he was a creeper, who often picked up prostitutes, and he even masturbated in the hallway of the building, in front of kids!Well we finally saw him and he was some burly looking, fair haired caucasian guy. During the phone calls, he kept saying he was african american.
After that, I saw him around EVERYWHERE. I thought he was following me! About a year later, he kidnapped a girl from a bus stop, and took her back to his apartment where he raped her. He took her back to the bus stop that he snatched her from and he left. She went home, cops were called, and he was found hiding in shed. He was sent to prison, where I think he died or was murdered. I can no longer find a record of him.
Also, when I was about 7, some guy tried to coax me in his car in front of my house. I ran like hell to get to my front door. He pulled off, but about a year later, a girl was kidnapped on her way to our elementary school. I walked to school that day too, and she was only a few blocks from me. She was never found. I was never allowed to walk to school again. I wonder if it was the same guy :/
Old 04-26-2011, 07:06 PM   #58
TripleG
Frequent Poster

Fortunately, constant viewing of Unsolved Mysteries & America's Most Wanted taught me at a very young age to be VERY cautious, especially when by myself, so I've done my best to avoid suspicious looking people or to leave myself open to attack.

Anyways, I did know one guy that caused a bit of controversy at my workplace. I worked at a Hospital Info Desk during my summers throughout high school & college. The hospital eventually hired a Valet Parking Service to provide for patients & visitors. Being close to the entrance, I tended to know the valets pretty well and we got along. One guy I knew was pretty cool and we became solid buddies while I worked there.

I go to school during the year and come back the next summer. What do I find out? Apparently, that guy I was buddies with became obsessed with one of the more attractive looking visitors. So when he took her keys for valet parking one day, he apparently went & had a duplicate key made for himself. One day he went to her apartment (how he found out where she lived, I have no idea) and waited for her in the bedroom. Fortunately, she went home that night with her husband who beat the crap out of him and he was taken into custody. It was a big scandal apparently and the valet service company's deal with the hospital was terminated because of it (they got a new one). It had cooled down by the time I got back, but I was still stunned to hear about it.

I can only imagine what he planned to do when she got there. Its scary to think about. I NEVER would have guessed this about him, but sometimes, you just never know.
TripleG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:48 PM   #59
chacha6581
Forum Regular

Oh WOW That is nuts!
chacha6581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #60
Thiussat
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I'm guessing it's Ted Bundy.

I'm thinking Unabomber, Ted K. He lived in Montana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NellieBlyArmy
During one of Zodiac's murders, he told one of the victims (who survived) that he had a place in Deer Lodge, MT. This is one of the clues that has led to a lot of speculation about Ted K. being Zodiac. (That and the fact that Ted K. was a professor at Berkeley during the time of some of the murders and drove the exact car that witnesses saw Zodiac drive off in).