Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: ABC; Antenna TV Acquires The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's the Boss? and More
Dancing with the Stars Cast for Season 28; Lilly Singh Gets NBC Primetime Special
Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series


New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-22-2015, 08:43 PM   #166
atomicfizz
Member
Forum Regular
 
atomicfizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 07, 2008
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkys-Place
Creepy story Atomicfizz! Thanks for posting. What year did this grub hang around the Gas station? Was this pre cellphones?
1993 or so, so before cell phones were common. I think I had my first one in 97 but it was still expensive then just to make phone calls, nothing like how it is today!!
atomicfizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:41 AM   #167
baloony
Member
Forum Regular
 
baloony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 13, 2007
Posts: 263
Default

When my mother was a kid back in the 1950's, a stranger approached her and her friend. He was a bald headed middle aged man and he told my mother and her friend that he had been "seeing them around for some time". At first, they were weirded out by this, but for some reason, they became comfortable with him and even started hanging out with him. He would pick them up and buy them things. Hamburgers, ice cream, and such. He even took them to a couple of drive in movies. This went on for awhile, as it was all part of the dude's plan. He was getting them as comfortable and relaxed as he could.

Then, one day he called my mom and her friend at each of their homes and asked them to meet him at the "usual spot", wherever that was. When they go there, he told them to get in his car. He didn't ask, he TOLD! My mother was finally starting to think that something was off, but her and her friend still got in the car anyway. They drove in silence for a few minutes. Then finally, my mother asked what was going on, and the dude said "we are going swimming". My mother replied that her and her friend did not bring their bathing suits because they had no idea that he was taking them swimming. The dude then told her "that's alright. I will stop and buy you two some swim suits on the way". The guy was looking forlorn by this point.

If my mother did not have the precense of mind to do what she did next, then I would not be sitting here typing this right now! In fact, not only would I have never been born, but neither would my brother or his daughters (my mom's grandchildren). Anyway, at this point, all doubt in my mother's mind had been removed. This guy was about to carry out what he had been planning from the beginning. As soon as they got to a traffic light, my mother leaned over and whispered to her friend that it was time to run. Her friend was just as clueless as ever so, naturally she was like "do what? why?". With no more time to think, my mom grabbed her friend's arm opened the car door, and bolted out of that car and onto the street.

Her friend was screaming "no, no what are you doing, he's taking us swimming". My mom just ran and ran dragging her friend by the arm. They ducked into some woods by the highway and watched as the guy turned his car around multiple times searching for them. Eventually, they walked back to where my mom lived and sat in the backyard for awhile. My mom told her friend that something wasn't right about all of this and it was time to cut ties with this guy.

She walked her friend home and made her swear that she would not have anymore contact with the guy for any reason whatsoever. Two days go by and my grandmother is in the kitchen when she hears a horn honk very loudly. She walks to the front door and sees a car pulled all the way up on the front lawn! It's the guy and he is looking for my mom! So, my grandmother walks out onto the front porch and asks him who he is and what he is doing and he replies "oh, just blowing my horn". The guy then reveals that he is a "good friend" of my mother and how he had been spending a lot of time with her and her friend. He just wanted to know why the two of them bailed out of his car and ran away like they did. My grandmother is moritified and tells him to leave at once, which he does not do. She goes into the house and puts my mother in her room tells her to stay away from the window.

She then calls my grandfather at work and tells him exactly what has been going on, and she calls my mother's friend's parents as well. A neighbor walks over to see what is going on, and the guy gets out of his car and starts ranting and raving. The neighbor walk back home and calls the police. When the police arrive, the guy has pulled off of the front lawn and is starting to drive away. The police follow him and pull him over. A week or so later, he ends up getting arrested and is later found dead in the holding cell.

My grandfather marched my mother out behind the old woodshed for that one! Needless to say, I am GLAD he did! Even though the guy is long since deceased, and all of that happened long before I was born, I would love to bring him back to life and pull a Dexter Morgan on his butt.
__________________
If it were up to me, the Blind River Rest Stop killer would meet his fate on Dexter Morgan's table.
baloony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 05:30 PM   #168
Seraphina
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 18, 2016
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 9
Default

When I was a teenager, I babysat for a woman in my town. As I got older, got married and such, we stayed in contact. She always lived a really wild life and had some rough characters around. In around 2000, she started dating this tattoo artist who was kind of creepy, not very friendly and just overall off putting. I had talked to him, had beers with them and asked him to quote me a price on a few tattoos. Then, he stopped coming around. Turns out, he was a cocaine dealer. An associate of them both disappeared from his shop in 2001. For years, the FBI was at her door asking questions. It took them around 9 years to find the guy. He had been murdered by the tattoo guy and a friend of his at the shop. They found his remains in a field about 35 miles away. When you read the whole story, it's amazing it took 9 years because the two murderers were more like the three stooges. I haven't talked to this woman in years because I've never been fully convinced she didn't know what happened.
Seraphina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 02:20 AM   #169
Corkys-Place
Unsolved Mysteries Fan
Forum Regular
 
Corkys-Place's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 23, 2010
Posts: 688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloony
When my mother was a kid back in the 1950's, a stranger approached her and her friend. He was a bald headed middle aged man and he told my mother and her friend that he had been "seeing them around for some time". At first, they were weirded out by this, but for some reason, they became comfortable with him and even started hanging out with him. He would pick them up and buy them things. Hamburgers, ice cream, and such. He even took them to a couple of drive in movies. This went on for awhile, as it was all part of the dude's plan. He was getting them as comfortable and relaxed as he could.

Then, one day he called my mom and her friend at each of their homes and asked them to meet him at the "usual spot", wherever that was. When they go there, he told them to get in his car. He didn't ask, he TOLD! My mother was finally starting to think that something was off, but her and her friend still got in the car anyway. They drove in silence for a few minutes. Then finally, my mother asked what was going on, and the dude said "we are going swimming". My mother replied that her and her friend did not bring their bathing suits because they had no idea that he was taking them swimming. The dude then told her "that's alright. I will stop and buy you two some swim suits on the way". The guy was looking forlorn by this point.

If my mother did not have the precense of mind to do what she did next, then I would not be sitting here typing this right now! In fact, not only would I have never been born, but neither would my brother or his daughters (my mom's grandchildren). Anyway, at this point, all doubt in my mother's mind had been removed. This guy was about to carry out what he had been planning from the beginning. As soon as they got to a traffic light, my mother leaned over and whispered to her friend that it was time to run. Her friend was just as clueless as ever so, naturally she was like "do what? why?". With no more time to think, my mom grabbed her friend's arm opened the car door, and bolted out of that car and onto the street.

Her friend was screaming "no, no what are you doing, he's taking us swimming". My mom just ran and ran dragging her friend by the arm. They ducked into some woods by the highway and watched as the guy turned his car around multiple times searching for them. Eventually, they walked back to where my mom lived and sat in the backyard for awhile. My mom told her friend that something wasn't right about all of this and it was time to cut ties with this guy.

She walked her friend home and made her swear that she would not have anymore contact with the guy for any reason whatsoever. Two days go by and my grandmother is in the kitchen when she hears a horn honk very loudly. She walks to the front door and sees a car pulled all the way up on the front lawn! It's the guy and he is looking for my mom! So, my grandmother walks out onto the front porch and asks him who he is and what he is doing and he replies "oh, just blowing my horn". The guy then reveals that he is a "good friend" of my mother and how he had been spending a lot of time with her and her friend. He just wanted to know why the two of them bailed out of his car and ran away like they did. My grandmother is moritified and tells him to leave at once, which he does not do. She goes into the house and puts my mother in her room tells her to stay away from the window.

She then calls my grandfather at work and tells him exactly what has been going on, and she calls my mother's friend's parents as well. A neighbor walks over to see what is going on, and the guy gets out of his car and starts ranting and raving. The neighbor walk back home and calls the police. When the police arrive, the guy has pulled off of the front lawn and is starting to drive away. The police follow him and pull him over. A week or so later, he ends up getting arrested and is later found dead in the holding cell.

My grandfather marched my mother out behind the old woodshed for that one! Needless to say, I am GLAD he did! Even though the guy is long since deceased, and all of that happened long before I was born, I would love to bring him back to life and pull a Dexter Morgan on his butt.
What a terrifying story! You can't help but wonder if he committed any other crimes prior to stalking your Mother and her friend. At least he can't hurt anyone now!
Corkys-Place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:07 AM   #170
baloony
Member
Forum Regular
 
baloony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 13, 2007
Posts: 263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksherm
Gosh, there are so many great stories... I've been binge reading all night! And the crazy coat lady gave me a good laugh. Gotta watch out for those over protective grandma types!

When I was 20 I was living alone in an apartment while my husband was in Iraq.

One day two guys claiming to sell magazines started following my best friend who also lived at the apartment complex.

She asked them to stop but they wouldn't so she decided to walk to my apartment and pretend she lived with me.

When she got to my stairway she lied and said "You guys better stay down here. My roommate has a really aggressive dog." But they followed her up to my door anyway.

When I opened it she just pointed at guys behind her and said "Uh, they're selling magazines.."

They looked our age and harmless. I had no clue they had been silently following her for a few minutes!

When the guys saw me one said "Wow, You're beautiful too!" I laughed and said "Yeah, Nice try.. I'm not buying any of your magazines!"

They continued to fuss over me, but I just assumed it was a marketing technique to butter me up for a sale.

We tried to get rid of them by saying we didn't have any money... yadda yadda yadda! Then they started insisting "Come with us. You can make $800 a day! Blah blah blah.."

At this point I thought it was just some stupid pyramid scheme.

But when we refused to leave with them they started asking if they could come in my house.

I said no, and one of them exclaimed "Oh come on, let us in already! I need to take a piss!"

That's when I realized they might be actually be dangerous and not just annoying salesmen. I said no and slammed the door.

They pounding on my door cursing at us for about 30 seconds, then just walked away.

My friend THEN told me they had followed her to my house! I still can't believe she just introduced them to me as magazine salesmen. WHAT WAS SHE THINKING?!


Anyway, we got to talking and realized they never actually showed us a single magazine. Just talked about them.

We called the office to report the men.They told us about another weird incident with another girl in our apartment complex. She was also around our age with a deployed husband.

Earlier that week she was jogging around the building and followed by a vehicle with blacked out windows. Two guys tried to grab her but she was able to outrun them.

I didn't know her personally but often saw her running as I walked my dog. The three of us were also all blondes who looked similar, but that's common in California so probably meaningless.

I never followed up on the situation. My dad flew out that weekend to help me pack and moved me back to my home state until my husband got back from Iraq.

I never felt fear DURING the situation... Just creeped out in hindsight.
I used to get approached by these travelling magazine sales people. Female and male. In 1991, I actually bought a subscription from one of them to Football Digest. Although I did like that particular magazine, I wished I had not gotten the subscription from a salesman on the street. Apparently, my name went into a database and I got all kinds of calls from places trying to sell me other things. I was 18 at the time, so I was young and naive. A few years later in 1997, I was approached by a female who tried to sell me some magazines. She was a fast talker and had an answer for everything. She was cute, and me being a guy, I listened to her sales pitch, but I remembered a few years earlier how a subscription to a magazine led to all kinds of phone calls. This girl even offered to sleep with me if I would buy a subscription from her! I was 24 at the time, but even with 24 year old hormones, I had to turn her down (as difficult as that was) as I just knew that something wasn't quite right about the whole thing.
baloony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:29 AM   #171
bell83
You're in high school again.
Forum Regular
 
bell83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 05, 2006
Posts: 842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloony
I used to get approached by these travelling magazine sales people. Female and male. In 1991, I actually bought a subscription from one of them to Football Digest. Although I did like that particular magazine, I wished I had not gotten the subscription from a salesman on the street. Apparently, my name went into a database and I got all kinds of calls from places trying to sell me other things. I was 18 at the time, so I was young and naive. A few years later in 1997, I was approached by a female who tried to sell me some magazines. She was a fast talker and had an answer for everything. She was cute, and me being a guy, I listened to her sales pitch, but I remembered a few years earlier how a subscription to a magazine led to all kinds of phone calls. This girl even offered to sleep with me if I would buy a subscription from her! I was 24 at the time, but even with 24 year old hormones, I had to turn her down (as difficult as that was) as I just knew that something wasn't quite right about the whole thing.
Hell of an amount of restraint!

Meanwhile, I'd have probably been murdered...
__________________
Acid is groovy...kill the pigs.
bell83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:23 PM   #172
baloony
Member
Forum Regular
 
baloony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 13, 2007
Posts: 263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettucesolve1
scary story about the store lady. even women can be scary to us men because women kill with knives or poison. here is my true story: my young relative was murdered a long time ago and her female killer attended her wake in Illinois. I was not at that wake because they had a wake in two places - because each family lived in their own area and thus it was best to have 2 wakes. I was at the second wake, which was immediately followed by the actual funeral. Her killer was at the first wake.

No one knew it was her except for a couple undercover cops who only had an idea it might be her, but not confirmed. At the time the family could not tell anyone, like friends, how the daughter died - 27 stab wounds to the neck and chest. The killer at my relative's wake pulled down the turtleneck sweater part, they had the turtleneck on to cover her stab wounds on the neck. The lady pulled it down and showed it to the person standing next to her. That lady then reported this to the police. Also the killer lady showed a fake police badge to some people at the wake and told them if they had any leads or questions to contact her (the killer).

Eventually she got caught but only served 5 years because of a stupid lawyer loophole. Police say that as the victim entered her house the killer was either hiding behind a chair in the corner of the living room or inside a closet and came out stabbing when the victim walked by. Detectives said the killer was jealous of this young lady who had dated her son.
5 years for murder one. That just.....unthinkable.
baloony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 02:07 PM   #173
baloony
Member
Forum Regular
 
baloony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 13, 2007
Posts: 263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell83
Hell of an amount of restraint!

Meanwhile, I'd have probably been murdered...
Oh...it was TOUGH!! I even kicked myself for it for a long time afterwards! The biggest red flag was that she said that she had a real job and selling subscriptions was only something she did on the side. Yet, she seemed SO desperate to make that sale. I mean she was just about in tears!
baloony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 02:30 PM   #174
freakbook
Member
Senior Member
 
freakbook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2017
Posts: 1,497
Default

Walking home from school I crossed the street to get home, looked back, and noticed someone in a ski mask looking at me. He ran up and tried to rob me and put a gun in my face. It ended with me fighting his accomplice and him and then having a knife pulled on me. The one in the mask had a tear drop tattoo, so I'm not sure if he was a murdered or not. I don't even know if this story counts.

I also have a close family member who killed two people.
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 04:15 PM   #175
bell83
You're in high school again.
Forum Regular
 
bell83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 05, 2006
Posts: 842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloony
Oh...it was TOUGH!! I even kicked myself for it for a long time afterwards! The biggest red flag was that she said that she had a real job and selling subscriptions was only something she did on the side. Yet, she seemed SO desperate to make that sale. I mean she was just about in tears!
Yep. I'd have been murdered. Probably skinned and turned into a man-suit, like some sort of reverse Buffalo Bill.


WORTH IT!
bell83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 07:53 AM   #176
Mike82
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 19, 2017
Posts: 156
Default

Not a personal brush with a killer, but in 2014 I was staying overnight in the city of Moncton, New Brunswick (Canada). I couldn't sleep and went for a 3am drive around the city. Long story short, I was amazed at how I only saw 5 other cars the entire time despite seeing too many open gas stations to count. 3 of those cars were police cars stopped on the side of a busy road and three young female officers were having a friendly chat. I remarked to myself about how safe this area must be and how easy a job they have. A few weeks later in almost that exact same spot five police officers were shot and three killed.

There was also a foiled terrorist plot to shoot up the local mall. To think the would-be killers might have walked by me at one point while casing the place.

My wife and I also won a 'free' trip to the Bahamas. It turns out it would still have cost $2000+ so we didn't bother going but it required a layover in Fort Lauderdale. Wouldn't you know it, around the same time we would have been there a mass shooting occurred there as well.
Mike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:22 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.