Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: ABC; Antenna TV Acquires The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's the Boss? and More
Dancing with the Stars Cast for Season 28; Lilly Singh Gets NBC Primetime Special
Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-31-2014, 02:19 AM   #136
Necco

As I was reading this thread, I came to a terrifying realization. I've encountered a few murderers/attempted murderers.

A grammar school classmate's dad nearly killed his mother and then did kill himself.

An acquaintance in college (a very good friend's roommate) killed a man and then later killed himself.

Between high school and college, I hung out at a college a friend was attending. I met her friends. One day we went out for ice cream with this guy from her college who seemed a little off. Turns out, he was sexually abused as a child, and a year or two before I met him he ran into his abuser in a park. He beat the man to a pulp (I don't know if he even knew if the guy was alive or not) and then calmly called 911, told them what he did and went home. He was never charged (or even caught, I don't think.)
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:16 AM   #137
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necco
One day we went out for ice cream with this guy from her college who seemed a little off. Turns out, he was sexually abused as a child, and a year or two before I met him he ran into his abuser in a park. He beat the man to a pulp (I don't know if he even knew if the guy was alive or not) and then calmly called 911, told them what he did and went home. He was never charged (or even caught, I don't think.)
Really can't blame the guy, though.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:02 AM   #138
Necco

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Really can't blame the guy, though.
I'm impressed he had the presence of mind to call 911 so someone else didn't have to find the guy.

Was it right? Nope. Was it totally understandable? Yep. It's still mildly disconcerting to realize you just went to the dairy with a guy capable of that kind of violence though.
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:41 AM   #139
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistagee
My girlfriend went down to Florida in 1988 with her girlfriend and mom. I could not get off from work so I stayed home. I called her hotel every day to find out how she was doing and yes, I will admit that I was a bit controlling and jealous.
She was a very attractive girl who looked stunning in a bathing suit. While she was at one of the stands near the beach, she struck up a conversation with an older gentleman who was very nice and very polite and tried to guess where she was from.....the conversation ensued and he invited her and her girlfriend that evening to see the sunset over the Marina. He told them to show up by the dock at around 7:30 to go on a boating trip around the marina to see the area better. She called me around 6:30 from the hotel and told me about the trip. I told her that she better not go on the trip with him, and that he wasnt interested in being nice. She said he was a kind and gentle man and there were three of them going, she would not be alone with him. I asked her one question " Did he ask you if you were married or single?" She said yes. I told her she was not going on that trip. She said she was. We wound up arguing on the phone for the next hour or so, and as a result her mom decided she would not go on the boat trip after all and they went to a movie instead. The next day we argued more and she broke up with me saying I was a control freak. We did not get back together because we were both stubborn and I met someone else a few weeks later.

Four years later Oba Chandler was arrested for killing three women on vacation. She happened to see the report on television and was shocked to see the same man who had offered her a ride on the boat to see the sunset. She called me at my job ( I had since married ) and thanked me for being a stubborn controlling boyfriend and telling her not to go. We were both shocked, but sometimes you have to trust your gut and other men are very rarely that altruistic.
Wow amazing.
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:16 PM   #140
DALLASTEXAN!!

The closest thing I've had is that I knew an older woman named Patricia dozier that sort of looked like an older version of Suzanne Russell. Given the name and fact that many people use the same names for successful aliases this makes me wonder. She was also very shady at times but was a nice lady.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:59 PM   #141
TheCafeDisco
Frequent Poster

THANKFULLY! I have not had a brush with any Unsolved Mysteries killers however, (I think I mentioned this in another forum) my father used to live right next door to Reverend Jim Jones.
This was when my father was a kid and Jim Jones was young minister in Indiana, before he went all crazy and moved to California and eventually Jonestown. My dad actually played with his kids because they were all around the same age. He told me that at the time, Jones was a very nice man and sold monkey's LOL. My grandmother, although she was never apart of their church, said she was friends with Jones' wife and also said that she was a really good person.
I thank God my grandmother and my dad didn't follow them to California or else who knows what could have happened. I may not even be here if that were the case.
I have seen countless documentaries on Jim Jones and Jonestown and I am convinced that he was an evil man. And it wasn't mass suicide, it was mass murder. Those who wouldn't take their own life out of confusion, were forced, even little children. Horrible,disgusting man.
Whenever I bring any of this up to my grandma, she becomes very sad, sad Jones went crazy and basically forced those people to kill themselves. I suppose shes also sad that she lost her friend.
TheCafeDisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:18 PM   #142
TheCafeDisco
Frequent Poster

Oh my Gosh, I am reading some of these replies and seriously, you guys have some really scary stories!!!
I have another brush with someone that wasn't a killer, but a scary pervert nonetheless!

I was around 18 or 19 and I was working in a cheap motel as a front desk clerk and maid. I was working one evening at the back side of the building furthest away from the office, it was often very quiet and scary over there.

I was cleaning a mirror in the room when I saw in the reflection a man standing in the doorway. It startled me but I tried to be polite, after all this was a guest in the hotel. He seemed nervous and held out a hundred dollar bill out for me. I didn't even know what to say. He told me he and his wife were staying in the room next door and they wanted to have sex with me. I should have screamed and called 911, but I was a complete dummy and just said "No thanks." or something like that.
I continued cleaning the room after he left, confused, and scared but not thinking clearly yet, not realizing what just happened. He came back a minute later asking if I just wanted to come over and "talk" with him and his wife. I told him no again and he went back to his room. At that point I was like "wth am I doing!? This guy could kill me!" and I took off running down the breezeway. I heard him yell "She's running away, come back here!!!" or something like that to whoever else was in his room. I still have no idea if he had a wife in his room or not. But he was definitely talking to someone else, mad that I was running away.
I used my master key to gain entrance in a storage closet and hid. I could hear him running around outside looking for me. I waiting for over a half an hour before I left the closet and ran to the office to tell my manager.
Eventually, after reporting it to the police, they arrested him for sexual assault and gross sexual imposition on another girl. He was arrested on my birthday. BEST PRESENT EVER! He has since passed away.

Last edited by TheCafeDisco; 06-08-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #143
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCafeDisco
At that point I was like "wth am I doing!? This guy could kill me!" and I took off running down the breezeway. I heard him yell "She's running away!!!" or something like that to whoever else was in his room.
That part made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I'm glad you got away safely. Maybe your reaction was better than screaming. He might have acted right then or tried to silence you.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:15 PM   #144
TheCafeDisco
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
That part made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I'm glad you got away safely. Maybe your reaction was better than screaming. He might have acted right then or tried to silence you.
It was so scary! Part of me was so mad at myself for not shutting the door and locking it after he propositioned me and calling 911. When you are in the moment though and those things have never happened to you, you just don't think clear. I know it's bad saying this, but I'm glad this guy is now dead!
Old 06-11-2014, 02:43 PM   #145
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

CafeDisco, that is so scary. I believe there was someone else in his room too, but the way the man was acting, I don't think it was his wife, or that they were just looking for a threesome. Sounds a lot more like he had an accomplice and they had sinister plans.
-
-

Please sign the petition to get Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix/Hulu http://www.thepetitionsite.com/733/9...flix-and-hulu/
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:00 PM   #146
TheCafeDisco
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
CafeDisco, that is so scary. I believe there was someone else in his room too, but the way the man was acting, I don't think it was his wife, or that they were just looking for a threesome. Sounds a lot more like he had an accomplice and they had sinister plans.
Yeah I guess I will never know. He told me his wife's name was sherry when he told me that they wanted to sleep with me, which I will always remember because the guys name was terry and it rhymed. I thought I did hear a woman next door but I am not sure. I am afraid to think about it.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:42 PM   #147
The Dutchman
Frequent Poster

I have four stories to share of knowing a murderer, or knowing a connection to a murderer:

-I knew Michael Mele, who was convicted a few years ago in New York state of murdering a woman and had a history of being a pervert before that. He once ran a fast food restaurant and was always at the front counter. He was always efficient, friendly and always remembered I wanted a receipt for my meal. Sadly, that's a rarity in service industries these days. I also knew a girl or two who said he was cute. Furthermore, I was going to that restaurant around the time he committed this murder!
-I knew Christopher Porco's brother, and I attended the same high school as Porco. If you haven't heard of Christopher Porco, check him out on Wikipedia. He had a Lifetime movie and a 48 Hours Mystery done on him.
-My mother knew the Unabomber's brother. The brother was just as unassuming and kind as portrayed in the media.
-I knew someone in middle school and high school, who was a bully, who went on in his 20s to shake his infant child to death. He's in prison now. He wasn't kind in school, but many people aren't and never grow up to be murderers, especially of a baby.

The lesson from the two people I knew who are murderers is, they can show up as Charles Manson (who no one would mistake for a murderer) or John Wayne Gacy (who no one believed for a second was a murderer).
The Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:45 PM   #148
TheCafeDisco
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dutchman
I have four stories to share of knowing a murderer, or knowing a connection to a murderer:

-I knew Michael Mele, who was convicted a few years ago in New York state of murdering a woman and had a history of being a pervert before that. He once ran a fast food restaurant and was always at the front counter. He was always efficient, friendly and always remembered I wanted a receipt for my meal. Sadly, that's a rarity in service industries these days. I also knew a girl or two who said he was cute. Furthermore, I was going to that restaurant around the time he committed this murder!
-I knew Christopher Porco's brother, and I attended the same high school as Porco. If you haven't heard of Christopher Porco, check him out on Wikipedia. He had a Lifetime movie and a 48 Hours Mystery done on him.
-My mother knew the Unabomber's brother. The brother was just as unassuming and kind as portrayed in the media.
-I knew someone in middle school and high school, who was a bully, who went on in his 20s to shake his infant child to death. He's in prison now. He wasn't kind in school, but many people aren't and never grow up to be murderers, especially of a baby.

The lesson from the two people I knew who are murderers is, they can show up as Charles Manson (who no one would mistake for a murderer) or John Wayne Gacy (who no one believed for a second was a murderer).
Wowza! That's scary that you knew so many killers. The guy in New York, Yikes! I'm glad you didn't get hurt! So many people lead double lives, it's scary really!

I actually have a confession to make, without trying to "steal anyone's thunder."
I thought about posting this earlier but I thought, nah, I'll share something else. But, since it's completely confidential on these boards, and this has been on my mind lately, here it goes:
I had an uncle that I was incredibly close to. He died when I was only nine years old.
It is almost too horrible to imagine but I swear this is all true. My uncle was murdered by my other uncle, his own brother. My uncle that was murdered was only 26 when he was killed and had a wife and two year old child, my cousin. Both brothers were drinking, got into a dispute and my other uncle took a steak knife and stabbed him to death. He was charged with 2nd degree murder (I could be wrong though, I was only nine). My family fell apart basically. My mother was a mess, one brother dead, the other imprisoned for his death.
My uncle served seven years and prison for my other uncles murder.After he was released, he became a reborn christian, got re-married and had more kids, ect. But, over the years he fell back into a life of hate filled crime. He was in trouble with the law all the time. Just about two years ago hung himself in his basement where his wife would later find him. Once again my family fell apart.
It's just an all around sad scenario.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:08 AM   #149
Padfoot
Frequent Poster

I know this thread is a few months old, but I just found it and really got creeped out reading the stories. Thanks everyone for sharing, especially the sad stories that can be hard to tell sometimes.

Y'all sure know a lot of murders and sexual predators. Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCafeDisco
Wowza! That's scary that you knew so many killers. The guy in New York, Yikes! I'm glad you didn't get hurt! So many people lead double lives, it's scary really!

I actually have a confession to make, without trying to "steal anyone's thunder."
I thought about posting this earlier but I thought, nah, I'll share something else. But, since it's completely confidential on these boards, and this has been on my mind lately, here it goes:
I had an uncle that I was incredibly close to. He died when I was only nine years old.
It is almost too horrible to imagine but I swear this is all true. My uncle was murdered by my other uncle, his own brother. My uncle that was murdered was only 26 when he was killed and had a wife and two year old child, my cousin. Both brothers were drinking, got into a dispute and my other uncle took a steak knife and stabbed him to death. He was charged with 2nd degree murder (I could be wrong though, I was only nine). My family fell apart basically. My mother was a mess, one brother dead, the other imprisoned for his death.
My uncle served seven years and prison for my other uncles murder.After he was released, he became a reborn christian, got re-married and had more kids, ect. But, over the years he fell back into a life of hate filled crime. He was in trouble with the law all the time. Just about two years ago hung himself in his basement where his wife would later find him. Once again my family fell apart.
It's just an all around sad scenario.
TheCafeDisco, that's horrible. No wonder your family fell apart. It sounds like it was just one thing after the other.

Do you know if your uncle (the one who went to prison) was a bad person or did that one night just ruin the rest of his life and send him out of control?

Your family has had more than it's share of misfortune. I hope your mom and everyone else found some way to heal not let this totally ruin the remaining family connections.
Padfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 03:11 PM   #150
idol
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie99909
Last summer when I was living in Reno I had a seriously creepy run in. I was driving home around 1am after having fun with my friends. On this night my roommate didn't come out with me. I took 4th street and headed west back to my apartment. There's a strip where 4th runs parallel to the railroad tracks and that's it. It's dark, I see the silhouette of a tree and for some reason I flash on the Tall Man from Phantasm and freak out. As I turn toward my apartment I see a guy standing on the curb, as I slow to make the turn HE LUNGED FOR THE PASSENGER DOOR HANDLE!
I stomped on the gas and took off. My apartment was only half a block up, but I drove around for an hour. When I finally went back home all I could think was "If I see him walking toward my apartment, I'm moving."

Scared the **** out of me.
I thought of the Charles Holden case when reading this. Not similar but kind of similar.
idol is offline   Reply With Quote