Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: ABC; Antenna TV Acquires The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's the Boss? and More
Dancing with the Stars Cast for Season 28; Lilly Singh Gets NBC Primetime Special
Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-26-2012, 01:46 AM   #46
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBevis
Fans of Nickelodeon in the early 90s may recognize Judy Grafe, the lady who played Lillian Schwartz in the segment about Leonardo Da Vinci and the origins of the Mona Lisa. She was better known for playing the mother with the metal plate in her head on "The Adventures Of Pete & Pete."
I remember that show. Good times.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #47
MegtheEgg86

This might sound strange (especially since I have no idea what her name is), but I just saw the woman who played "Katherine" in the Eric Kessler segment on a commercial for Physician's Mutual dental insurance. I saw her months earlier on a different commercial for the same product, but had forgotten to post about it. She looks nearly identical to what she did back then--she hardly looks like she's aged at all.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #48
DJ_Foxx
Frequent Poster

On the CW Toddy segment. Not sure if anyone else remembers it but she was the older black woman who shot for standing up to the drug dealers who had taken over her neighborhood. Anyway, one of the guys who terrorized/taunted her was played by comedian Kevin Hart.
DJ_Foxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #49
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Foxx
On the CW Toddy segment. Not sure if anyone else remembers it but she was the older black woman who shot for standing up to the drug dealers who had taken over her neighborhood. Anyway, one of the guys who terrorized/taunted her was played by comedian Kevin Hart.
Not to be rude, but are you sure it wasn't just a lookalike? I think Kevin Hart is too young to have played one of those guys because he was only born in 1980 and the segment was filmed in the early 1990s. Most of those guys look like they were late teens or well into their twenties.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #50
McBevis
Forum Regular

Strictly speculation on my part, because at this point I have no way of knowing for sure, but a guy who looks AND sounds A LOT like the guy who played Paul Allen in the Eugene Bailey segment was a contestant on the October 14th, 1991 airing of "The Price Is Right." The guy on TPIR was named Ernest (I don't remember his last name). If anybody knows either way, I'd be very much interested in knowing.
McBevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #51
Spastic.Jerk
I watch to much televisioin
First Time Poster

Allen Haff from Auction Hunters played the older brother of Nick the kidnapped victim of Jesse James Hollywood. He only appears in one segment arguing with Hollywood inside of his car and then stepping out but it's definitely him, couldn't figure out why they didn't credit people until I found the explanantion most of these people don't have SAG cards here, makes total sense! I know there's more I've seen but I never post here, can't believe how many people have showed up as all I ever recognized was the Japanese guy from Lost as he was friends of that family, Henry Rollins as himself and McCaughnehey or however you spell the dudes name way to lazy to look it up
Spastic.Jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #52
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
This might sound strange (especially since I have no idea what her name is), but I just saw the woman who played "Katherine" in the Eric Kessler segment on a commercial for Physician's Mutual dental insurance. I saw her months earlier on a different commercial for the same product, but had forgotten to post about it. She looks nearly identical to what she did back then--she hardly looks like she's aged at all.
I noticed that too Meg, lol! You're right she looks like just like she did in the segment. I was just waiting for there to be a scene in the commercial where she is sitting at a fancy restaurant with Eric Kessler.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #53
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
I noticed that too Meg, lol! You're right she looks like just like she did in the segment. I was just waiting for there to be a scene in the commercial where she is sitting at a fancy restaurant with Eric Kessler.
Yes! I'm just glad someone could share in the novelty--I told my fiance about it and he just kind of looked at me.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:29 AM   #54
Gelatinous Goo
Frequent Poster

I'll leave it to both of you to instantaneously recognize the actress. That segment has stuck with me throughout the years, but my focus was always on the "talents" of con man Kohler/Kessler. They certainly found the right actor for the reenactment.

Wasn't the victim portrayed as being 50-60 circa 1990? The actress in question must have aged well!
Gelatinous Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:41 AM   #55
wiseguy182

Does anyone else think the actor they got to play Kessler looked like a thin version of Dave Thomas, founder of Wendy's?
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:00 AM   #56
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelatinous Goo
I'll leave it to both of you to instantaneously recognize the actress. That segment has stuck with me throughout the years, but my focus was always on the "talents" of con man Kohler/Kessler. They certainly found the right actor for the reenactment.

Wasn't the victim portrayed as being 50-60 circa 1990? The actress in question must have aged well!

Yes, it was VERY surprising. It looked like she could've just walked off the UM set!
Old 07-07-2013, 01:03 AM   #57
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
Does anyone else think the actor they got to play Kessler looked like a thin version of Dave Thomas, founder of Wendy's?
In my head, I read this in the narrator's voice from the commercials. And yes, I agree he did look a lot like Davey T.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:26 PM   #58
MegtheEgg86

Was very surprised to see "Lupita" from the Spanish Lotto segment on a rerun of Law & Order today, but it was her!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1200804/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t30
Old 01-02-2014, 01:27 AM   #59
RobinW

I found out from the DVD commentary track on the Rainboy segment that the actress playing the woman who ran the pizzeria was named Eileen Galindo, who has quite a few credits to her name and has done voice acting work on "Dora the Explorer":
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0302153/

BTW, I wrote this in the original post of this thread...

Quote:
And for the rare chance to see two "Unsolved Mysteries" actors sharing a scene together on another show, watch "24": Season 7, Episode 16. There's a White House briefing scene where you can see both Ned Bellamy and Scott Lawrence (who played Adam Hecht's homeless friend, Tony) playing members of the President's cabinet.
Well, reading her filmography, it turns out that Eileen Galindo ALSO had a small role in "24": Season 7!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:46 AM   #60
UMFan95
Occasional Poster

Emilio Rivera who plays Mayans MC President Marcus Alvarez from Sons of Anarchy was in Tony Castro case.
UMFan95 is offline   Reply With Quote