Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine
The Flintstones Coming to MeTV in Fall 2019; Lifetime Tackles The College Admissions Scandal
Freeform Celebrates 30 Days of Disney in September; A-List Stars Visit Fox's Animation Domination This Fall

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-09-2013, 08:35 AM   #121
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Even if it was some sick joke/cruel hoax, the picture from the Tara Calico segment is very disturbing.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:55 AM   #122
Judyhymesisalive
Wadada
Forum Regular

https://www.facebook.com/teresa.c.radke
this possibly could be her??
Old 04-25-2016, 11:03 AM   #123
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
I have to say the woman attacked while canoeing with her son again because it remains so vivid in my mind even though I haven't seen it for years. The reeactment is absolutely horrifying and gritty and goes so far as to show one of the attackers holding her down as one man moves against her with a close up on his face. I think that has to be one of the most violent things UM ever showed.
The segment was definitely disturbing, but I have my doubts if that even took place.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:32 PM   #124
Judyhymesisalive
Wadada
Forum Regular

Yeah me too, i have read the blog about her and she seems loopy and tries to make people feel sorry for her
Judyhymesisalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:30 PM   #125
DALLASTEXAN!!

So if a loopy crazy girl gets raped it's not rape....smh. That may not be what you meant by that. But when girls get raped a lot of them are too scared to report it for these reasons.

I've always felt the key to this one is getting the account of the child. Whether she made it up or not(I lean toward the latter) I've always felt terrible for the child. IIRC he would have been old enough to remember if it happened or not. If it did happen I doubt he would ever want anything to do with revisiting that ordeal. If it was a made up tale and he knew about it I doubt he would want anything to do with his mother. Either way a very sad disturbing situation.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:19 AM   #126
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!!
So if a loopy crazy girl gets raped it's not rape....smh. That may not be what you meant by that. But when girls get raped a lot of them are too scared to report it for these reasons.

I've always felt the key to this one is getting the account of the child. Whether she made it up or not(I lean toward the latter) I've always felt terrible for the child. IIRC he would have been old enough to remember if it happened or not. If it did happen I doubt he would ever want anything to do with revisiting that ordeal. If it was a made up tale and he knew about it I doubt he would want anything to do with his mother. Either way a very sad disturbing situation.
I know you meant well when you posted that, but that is not what I meant by my post earlier when I said I had my doubts. If you look up the thread on her case, there are several posters who dug up numerous articles, interviews, etc. that point toward her making this entire story up.

Last edited by Hambone2421; 04-26-2016 at 10:06 AM.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:51 AM   #127
Judyhymesisalive
Wadada
Forum Regular

Well I'm just going on what other people have posted about her but in my opinion it always seemed a little strange how she was the only one ever to get attacked, there were no later or previous attacks. Also didn't the guy who operated the canoe rentals say that he didn't recognize anyone matching their description? I may be wrong.. i haven't seen it for a while.
Judyhymesisalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:06 PM   #128
truthseeker
Frequent Poster

Default Not all is it appears….

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBasket
Yes that was her. And the other crime show I saw (City Confidential?) said that her hubby said, in so many words in his will: "My kids are worthless money hungry offspring who have disappointed me. I love my awesome wife!"

Okay, so I paraphrase......but way to pit your kids against each your wife!

You may assume as you wish but the man who sits behind bars for Ms. Tovreas' murder is innocent. This case is still…"not closed," according to the last report by retired Phoenix Detectives.

It would be very difficult to proceed with everyone that confessed, or knew anything about the case being deceased. Except Jeannies estranged daughter, Debbie Nolan-Luster who lives in a half-million dollar estate in New Orleans.

If you would like factual information on this case and the person who sits on death row please check out jamesharrod.net. If you have any questions, ask away. If I can not back it up with evidence then I will not speculate.

As far as the letter…I have a copy and a copy of the court hearings to authenticate the three page letter.

I poise a question to the readers. "IF" Ed Tovrea Sr. really trusted and loved his wife why do you think he would set her up for harm to come to her???

Just asking…..any one with knowledge care to repsond?

Last edited by truthseeker; 03-09-2017 at 01:09 PM. Reason: misspelling
truthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:18 PM   #129
truthseeker
Frequent Poster

Default ASSUMPTIONS

Quote:
Jeanne Tovrea, I believe. I know they found the actual killer, but never discovered if it really was a hit. They couldn't prove it.

You KNOW they found the "actual killer?" Really?? And I assume you must have in some way worked on this case. Were you a Detective, an Attorney or actually knew in person the man they claim is the "actual killer?"

If so, please enlighten all of us. If you did not work on this case then I ASSUME you have factual information of your own, not a newspaper article, that can back up your statement.

I would love to see that information, if you have it. For real facts and further information on the person who sits on death row for a crime he did not commit, you can visit the site is jamesharrod.net

Peace
Old 03-09-2017, 10:32 PM   #130
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeker
You KNOW they found the "actual killer?" Really?? And I assume you must have in some way worked on this case. Were you a Detective, an Attorney or actually knew in person the man they claim is the "actual killer?"

If so, please enlighten all of us. If you did not work on this case then I ASSUME you have factual information of your own, not a newspaper article, that can back up your statement.

I would love to see that information, if you have it. For real facts and further information on the person who sits on death row for a crime he did not commit, you can visit the site is jamesharrod.net

Peace
No offense (or even opinion about his guilt or innocence) intended on that rather old post of mine, truthseeker. I believe my intention was to show that someone was convicted of being the trigger man (but not of orchestrating a hit), which is why I used the word "actual." My apologies.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:35 PM   #131
truthseeker
Frequent Poster

Default Thank you for answering

Quote:
No offense (or even opinion about his guilt or innocence) intended on that rather old post of mine, truthseeker. I believe my intention was to show that someone was convicted of being the trigger man (but not of orchestrating a hit), which is why I used the word "actual." My apologies.
WishfulDreamer,

Yes, it was an old post but I was trying to ascertain where you got your information. I know it's rather late in response but I did not have net access for many years in my rural area.

As a former reporter and sister of James Harrod I have always printed and spoke the truth, especially when it comes to life and death.

Still curious where you "read?" the information that you posted many years ago. If it was the New Times, Paul Rubin was a poor journalist, at best. He was more an unpaid investigator for the Phoenix Police as shown by his actions.

Too bad his "opinions" were never fact and the facts were never printed. I do thank you for the apology. I am just trying to set all things straight in the hope that SOMEONE will finally come forth with relevant information to help set my brother free.

All I ask from the readers is to visit his web site, read and become informed so they do get some balance to this "story."

jamesharrod.net

Peace
Old 05-29-2017, 09:05 PM   #132
The Dutchman
Frequent Poster

Disturbing segments for me include the Joe Shepard story. I first saw the segment at age 13, and then, and even now, at age 37, it is disturbing. Not only his crimes, but also the re-enactments and the pictures of Joe Shepard. Strangely enough, the grainy, black and white photo of Cathy Clowers is the most creepy, and disturbing. I think this was very effective Unsolved Mysteries, to be disturbing to a viewer. A far cry from the fertility statues segment or the Mann family haunting in Florida (snails sacrificed and frisky wife overpowering large husband) of years later, which could fall more under comic relief than disturbing or scary.

Also...

-The bunk bed segment from October 1988. Creeped me out at ages 8, 24 and 37! Not much explanation on why that segment is disturbing.
-The Casie Nicole segment. Just the ship being seen off in the distance by the sole survivor, and his being out there alone, followed by the calls to the family with "I bringing him home."
-Tallman ghost story. The ghosts looking out from inside when the kid runs outside still gives me the creeps.
-Keith Reinhard/Tom Young. Just a very effective disappearance segment.
-David Stone in New Mexico. The creepy music, plus the weird message he left behind. I once drove on New Mexico Route 80, retracing where Stone had driven, and just the highway, being so remote, was creepy.
-The Stanley Grezyc (SIC) story from Rome, NY. The pan across the liquor license, for some reason, was most scary.
-And finally, a segment I long ago forgot the name of, but the 1990s segment where a young man tells on some drug dealers or troublemakers, who then come in and beat him to death with I think baseball bats. Then the mother is trying to find her son's killers, while the police are either covering something up or are inept. Just sad, but disturbing not because it is creepy, but just the brutality of the crime and the assailants.
The Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:42 PM   #133
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dutchman
-The Stanley Grezyc (SIC) story from Rome, NY. The pan across the liquor license, for some reason, was most scary.
I feel the same way. I have no idea why it's so creepy, but it is. The music selection has a lot to do with it, I think.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:46 PM   #134
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
I feel the same way. I have no idea why it's so creepy, but it is. The music selection has a lot to do with it, I think.
I need to rewatch. Is it like Elizabeth Campbell's purse? That always scared the crap out of me. Which I never understood. It was just a purse! Why did it freak me out?
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:39 PM   #135
macbeth06
Forum Regular

That Mexican lady mug shot who stole all the judges money she looks like the devil herself.