Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine


New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2011, 09:38 PM   #31
WishfulDreamer
Member
Senior Member
 
WishfulDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 01, 2009
Location: L.A.
Posts: 3,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Yes I saw this for the first time on the Farina hosted episodes, and it was scary even on the new UM format believe it or not.
Wow! I can't imagine any of those being scary. I will take your word for it. I hope you were able to see it in good old Stack format eventually.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:41 PM   #32
flytrapp
Member
Forum Regular
 
flytrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 03, 2011
Location: Circleville
Posts: 417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
It was about a mother and her young son who went on a canoe trip on Memorial Day in Texas. As they were going down a river they encountered these two drunk guys in another canoe who started shouting all sorts of sexual innuendos at them. She tried to leave the area, but one of the guys jumped her. Both men raped her and forced her son to watch. Then they took the woman and her son in their canoe. They forced her to drink alcohol and raped her repeatedly before letting them go.

I don't believe the rapists were ever identified.

The segment aired in 1995 I believe. In my opinion, UM went WAY overboard with their re-enactment in this one by showing the start of the rape and the kid watching. It was just disgusting and horrible to watch. I've only watched it like twice. Not one I revisit often.
OMG!!!! I've never seen this one and it sounds brutally scary! Do you know what the people's names were? I want to see if the episode is on the horbidden site.
flytrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:44 PM   #33
justins5256
Member
Senior Member
 
justins5256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 08, 2002
Posts: 3,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flytrapp
OMG!!!! I've never seen this one and it sounds brutally scary! Do you know what the people's names were? I want to see if the episode is on the horbidden site.
Unfortunately, I don't remember. I think she may have used an alias and possibly was interviewed in silhouette. I would imagine an actress played the woman in the re-enactment. I remember that she was a private investigator. It occurred, as I said, in Glen Rose Texas on Memorial Day, possibly in 1994.

Going by the episode guide, it looks like it aired on October 27, 1995.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:44 PM   #34
WishfulDreamer
Member
Senior Member
 
WishfulDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 01, 2009
Location: L.A.
Posts: 3,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
Unfortunately, I don't remember. I think she may have used an alias and possibly was interviewed in silhouette. I would imagine an actress played the woman in the re-enactment. I remember that she was a private investigator. It occurred, as I said, in Glen Rose Texas on Memorial Day, possibly in 1994.

Going by the episode guide, it looks like it aired on October 27, 1995.
She actually was not filmed in silhouette and showed her face openly. She did use (I think) only her first name and wouldn't reveal her son's true name for safety reasons. It was a pretty scary case. The reenactment was TERRIFYING! Very good acting on all parts, but I have to agree it was too graphic. However, UM did want to portray how utterly horrible the attack was, I'm sure, and that created all the more empathy from viewers (well, I'm speaking for myself, but I'm sure I'm not alone on that front). I hope she and her son are having a good life. I think it's just despicable that the man at the boathouse more than likely covered up the assailant's identities.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #35
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
Unfortunately, I don't remember. I think she may have used an alias and possibly was interviewed in silhouette. I would imagine an actress played the woman in the re-enactment. I remember that she was a private investigator. It occurred, as I said, in Glen Rose Texas on Memorial Day, possibly in 1994.

Going by the episode guide, it looks like it aired on October 27, 1995.
What was the name of this case? Don't think I've ever seen it.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #36
xxxxmattxxxx69
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 12, 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
What was the name of this case? Don't think I've ever seen it.
Brazos River Attackers. I looked on the nameless site and was empty. They never arrested the perps. The victim's name was Theresa. But she did not reveal her last name.
xxxxmattxxxx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:22 PM   #37
lookn4mayberry
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 07, 2010
Location: Beaver Falls, Pa.
Posts: 6
Default

I can NOT watch the Edward Harold Bell story. I have to turn it off ! Even though I have read he is dead, this story is to HORRIFYING !
lookn4mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:09 AM   #38
lulusmith
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 07, 2010
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostapler
Kathy Hobbs from Las Vegas.
Thank you! Yes, that one. It gave me nightmares for years!
lulusmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #39
flytrapp
Member
Forum Regular
 
flytrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 03, 2011
Location: Circleville
Posts: 417
Default

I found some information about this case. If you go to keepitrealteresa.blogspot.com if gives her and her son's name. Also, the site is basically dedicated to accusing her of lying and frauding about numerous things, including the attack shown on UM. Not sure how much is true, as such is the internet, but appparently (according to the blogger) even the police have concluded that Teresa was making the whole thing up. I'm not sure what to think, why anyone would want to make something like that up is beyond me.
flytrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #40
justins5256
Member
Senior Member
 
justins5256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 08, 2002
Posts: 3,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flytrapp
I found some information about this case. If you go to keepitrealteresa.blogspot.com if gives her and her son's name. Also, the site is basically dedicated to accusing her of lying and frauding about numerous things, including the attack shown on UM. Not sure how much is true, as such is the internet, but appparently (according to the blogger) even the police have concluded that Teresa was making the whole thing up. I'm not sure what to think, why anyone would want to make something like that up is beyond me.
Wow, that's an amazing find. Your post jogged my memory and I remembered doing some Googling on the case a few years back and finding some info on Kenneth Treuter, the PI she worked with. He was also interviewed in the segment. He's apparently quite an unsavory character. I found an article that quoted someone saying something to the effect of "if Ken Treuter told me the sky was blue, I would go outside and check to be sure".

If I remember correctly, this was another segment that never made it to Lifetime (though it may have been shown as part of the 2001-2002 era new series) and I'm not sure if it has been on the Farina incarnation either. I wonder if her claims are/were so questionable that they pulled the segment.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #41
WishfulDreamer
Member
Senior Member
 
WishfulDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 01, 2009
Location: L.A.
Posts: 3,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256

If I remember correctly, this was another segment that never made it to Lifetime (though it may have been shown as part of the 2001-2002 era new series) and I'm not sure if it has been on the Farina incarnation either. I wonder if her claims are/were so questionable that they pulled the segment.
It did run on Lifetime during the 2001-2002 days. I think was shown several times (not one of the often repeated segments, though) until old UM stopped playing in 2006. The only reason I'm sure of that is because Lifetime UM was my only source of UM until trading days. : ) I was about 12-13 the first time I saw it and thought it was creepy, now that I'm older the subject matter disturbs me all the more.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:51 AM   #42
Hambone2421
Member
Senior Member
 
Hambone2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
It was about a mother and her young son who went on a canoe trip on Memorial Day in Texas. As they were going down a river they encountered these two drunk guys in another canoe who started shouting all sorts of sexual innuendos at them. She tried to leave the area, but one of the guys jumped her. Both men raped her and forced her son to watch. Then they took the woman and her son in their canoe. They forced her to drink alcohol and raped her repeatedly before letting them go.

I don't believe the rapists were ever identified.

The segment aired in 1995 I believe. In my opinion, UM went WAY overboard with their re-enactment in this one by showing the start of the rape and the kid watching. It was just disgusting and horrible to watch. I've only watched it like twice. Not one I revisit often.
Jesus Christ! Its for people who do things like that, that the death penalty is made for. I've never seen this episode and quite frankly, I do not want to see this episode.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:23 AM   #43
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic
Senior Member
 
1990 UM fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 2,080
Default

I've seen that scary canoe trip episode, but it's been ages. Not happy to hear those idiots are still out there. Here are my picks for most disturbing segments:

Blind River rest stop murders
ATV murders
Roxanne and Christopher Jeeves
Angela Hammond
Harper's Ferry corpse in trunk (probably the creepiest due to the morgue picture and composite)
Las Cruces bowling alley masscare
Aimee Willard
Alicia Showalter Reynolds

there's probably more but I can't think of any at the top of my head right now
1990 UM fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:25 AM   #44
Jason K
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 05, 2010
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
Wow, that's an amazing find. Your post jogged my memory and I remembered doing some Googling on the case a few years back and finding some info on Kenneth Treuter, the PI she worked with. He was also interviewed in the segment. He's apparently quite an unsavory character. I found an article that quoted someone saying something to the effect of "if Ken Treuter told me the sky was blue, I would go outside and check to be sure".

If I remember correctly, this was another segment that never made it to Lifetime (though it may have been shown as part of the 2001-2002 era new series) and I'm not sure if it has been on the Farina incarnation either. I wonder if her claims are/were so questionable that they pulled the segment.
This is very interesting. I had a friend who once faked cancer and had other dramatic tales that then seemed suspect after that was exposed as a lie.
Jason K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:44 AM   #45
raydog
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 04, 2004
Posts: 6
Default

The list starts and ends with Blind River Rest Stop.

2nd and close to it is the Richard dude that murder his girlfriends family
raydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:03 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.