Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 26, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: NBC Developing Serendipity Series; Designing Women Making Streaming Media Debut
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: ABC; Antenna TV Acquires The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's the Boss? and More
Dancing with the Stars Cast for Season 28; Lilly Singh Gets NBC Primetime Special
Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-03-2008, 10:23 AM   #16
mike890
Frequent Poster

The Dave Bocks murder really disturbed me because of the possibility he may have been alive when he was put in that furnace. Just like the investigative journalist they interviewed on the show said "I cant imagine a more horrible death".
mike890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:53 AM   #17
SP4CE INV4DERZ
40-0 0WN3D
Forum Regular

I'd say, back in the day, watching the Doreen Picard was brutal. That really set the scene I guess.
SP4CE INV4DERZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:43 PM   #18
mphs95
Remember me?
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to mphs95

How about the New Hampshire serial killer? Creepy. That segment always freaks me out.

The Rick Church one I can't watch in the dark to this day. The way it was set up, without any sound and the music that accompanied it. EEEHHHHH. Majorly freaked out by the time it was done.
mphs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:05 PM   #19
amandab1234
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMfan77
I'm curious to know what everyone thinks are the most disturbing segments. I'm not really talking about ghost/supernatural segments, I'm talking about segments that you think twice about before watching them.

Mine are:

Dave Bocks
Mary Morris murders
Little boy & his friend died in burning shed
Blind River Rest Stop murders
Tracy Kirkpatrick
Dana Satterfield
-Old thread but Im going to answer anyways!!

-Chaim Weiss
-Angela Hammond
-Blind River Murders
-The Wackers
amandab1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #20
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

The Blind River Rest Stop, Dwayne McCorkendale, and Angela Hammond were always the ones I seem to remember being most disturbing. And the steamer trunk victim, just saw that one for the first time, and that was pretty disturbing too. To think some lady would actually stuff an elderly man in a trunk like that is sickening.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #21
UMFaninMD
I am Sherlocked

The segment about the doctor who drugged and raped his victims---I forget his name---I want to say his first name is Kenneth or Keith---there's nothing "scary" about it, but after I saw it again on the forbidden site, there were tons of victim-blaming comments and after that, I can't watch the case again. There are so many hateful idiots that troll on UM videos there. None of those women were asking to be drugged and raped by a man they thought wouldn't hurt them.

I won't watch the Edward Harold Bell one again either. While it's great he was caught, it was still a senseless tragedy.

The hit-and-run of the four young black men before Christmas that may have been a hate crime, I had to quit that one as well. The composite sketch of the alleged killer is also extremely frightening.
UMFaninMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:28 AM   #22
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMFaninMD
There are so many hateful idiots that troll on UM videos there.
I know T_T I can hardly enjoy the videos there because of those people. It's really depressing and makes me think of the darker side of people who watch this show I love. But then, I come on this board and am reminded of all the great people who are fans too.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:33 AM   #23
lulusmith
Frequent Poster

The Angela Hammond one always got me.

And the one of the girl--she'd just turned 16--who'd had premonitions of her death when she was little and thought she wouldn't survive to 16? She went out some time around 11 at night to get a paperback from a local store, actually bought the book and then didn't make it home. She was kidnapped in the parking lot, and later they found her body in a rural area by a lake. It was in Colorado, I think. And some creepy dude called up and said that he'd been out of town, but he'd heard her yell a name and gave a license plate number.
lulusmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:56 AM   #24
Apostapler
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulusmith
The Angela Hammond one always got me.

And the one of the girl--she'd just turned 16--who'd had premonitions of her death when she was little and thought she wouldn't survive to 16? She went out some time around 11 at night to get a paperback from a local store, actually bought the book and then didn't make it home. She was kidnapped in the parking lot, and later they found her body in a rural area by a lake. It was in Colorado, I think. And some creepy dude called up and said that he'd been out of town, but he'd heard her yell a name and gave a license plate number.
Kathy Hobbs from Las Vegas.
Apostapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:10 AM   #25
Mysteryphile
I wonder what happened to her.
Forum Regular

I think the very worst one (because I have a 7 year old son) is Roxanne Jeeves and her son that were senselessly murdered. Just thinking of the complete terror that they both went through...if I thought about that too much it would really make me just about give up on humanity. I mean what kind of people do that? And they didn't even owe the drug dealers the money...her brother did. I can't watch that one at all.
Mysteryphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:21 AM   #26
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryphile
I think the very worst one (because I have a 7 year old son) is Roxanne Jeeves and her son that were senselessly murdered. Just thinking of the complete terror that they both went through...if I thought about that too much it would really make me just about give up on humanity. I mean what kind of people do that? And they didn't even owe the drug dealers the money...her brother did. I can't watch that one at all.
I don't think I've ever seen that episode. Is it on the site that shall not be mentioned?
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:30 PM   #27
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
I don't think I've ever seen that episode. Is it on the site that shall not be mentioned?
I believe it is. It's a good segment from UM's scarier days, but quite tragic. Even the police officer interviewed was choked up by the crime. The good thing is that it has been solved quite recently and the killer is behind bars.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #28
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
I believe it is. It's a good segment from UM's scarier days, but quite tragic. Even the police officer interviewed was choked up by the crime. The good thing is that it has been solved quite recently and the killer is behind bars.
Yes I saw this for the first time on the Farina hosted episodes, and it was scary even on the new UM format believe it or not.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:19 PM   #29
Jason K
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
Woman and son terrorized while on a canoe trip
Not familiar with this one...please elaborate.
Jason K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:18 PM   #30
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason K
Not familiar with this one...please elaborate.
It was about a mother and her young son who went on a canoe trip on Memorial Day in Texas. As they were going down a river they encountered these two drunk guys in another canoe who started shouting all sorts of sexual innuendos at them. She tried to leave the area, but one of the guys jumped her. Both men raped her and forced her son to watch. Then they took the woman and her son in their canoe. They forced her to drink alcohol and raped her repeatedly before letting them go.

I don't believe the rapists were ever identified.

The segment aired in 1995 I believe. In my opinion, UM went WAY overboard with their re-enactment in this one by showing the start of the rape and the kid watching. It was just disgusting and horrible to watch. I've only watched it like twice. Not one I revisit often.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote