Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Dancing with the Stars Cast for Season 28; Lilly Singh Gets NBC Primetime Special
Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-22-2006, 11:34 AM   #1
hipster91
Hipster91
Occasional Poster

Default Kathy Bonderson

I attach here a link to a recent article on this case featured on UM on Lifetime yesterday. I remember seeing the case some time ago and it making a strong impression because of the competing views of the investigation by the sheriff and the highway patrol officer.

I am glad to see that renewed attention will be given to the case, in light of the fact that it is nearly twenty years old at this point:

http://www.ndgop.org/gop_news/news_detail.asp?ID=783
hipster91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:09 PM   #2
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Wasn't this case on yesterday? Such a strange story. Thanks for the link!
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:59 PM   #3
PerhapsItsYou
Occasional Poster

Default Thanks for the link

I saw it again yesterday, and was struck by how uncharacteristic it was for UM to not give any theories about motives, if indeed it was murder. Which it now seems to have been determined it was. Not much about her life, family etc.
PerhapsItsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:28 PM   #4
Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerhapsItsYou
I saw it again yesterday, and was struck by how uncharacteristic it was for UM to not give any theories about motives, if indeed it was murder. Which it now seems to have been determined it was. Not much about her life, family etc.
Uncharacteristic? It would seem that way. But one must wonder if the cops had theories that they didn't reveal the general public. Maybe they have secretly suspected someone, but lacked anything in the way of evidence to reveal names.

Indeed, there doesn't appear to be too much about her life or family. Perhaps both were so non-controversial that efforts to establish any believable theories as to why she was murdered have been unsuccessful.

However, we should be thankful that the case is being reviewed. And if the case is eventually solved, then that's all that will matter.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:16 PM   #5
crystaldawn

Hey Seminolegirl I sent you a pm but wow!! That is some update about the husband committing suicide. You mentioned dna, can you elaborate where some was found? Did they find some blood at her house that led them to believe she was murdered and the accident scene staged?
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:01 PM   #6
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Damn, yo.....

(This is generally what I say when I am speechless.)
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:18 PM   #7
Awsi Dooger

I found info that the husband died on February 22 at age 53, but nothing beyond that. I'm sure it was a suicide but the obituaries didn't mention that.
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:56 PM   #8
curiousgram
Occasional Poster

"IF" the police had found blood in a shed on the Bonderson property don't you think that Rob would have been arrested? Did they prove the blood was Kathy's and not from some animal or from an accident where someone cut themselves? Funny that the investigators stated in the paper that there was no DNA evidence yet you, Seminolegirl have a "most likely good source" that says otherwise. That Rob "actually" murdered her in a shed???? You know this because of some reliable source or were you "actually" there when it happened. You seem to be the resident expert on this. How would you feel if this was your family and had people assuming everything and anything because they heard a rumor? How sad a life you must have to attach yourself to this case the way you seem to have. Unless you were there and witnessed anything, you shouldn't assume anything just because of a rumor. People always want to believe the worst, no matter who gets hurt in the process. There were other people that were suspects but nothing was ever followed through on. What a shame that it wasn't properly investigated.
curiousgram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:16 AM   #9
crystaldawn

curiousgram I take it you're a friend or family member of Mr. Bonderson's - is that correct? Its always nice to hear both sides of the story. Do you have any theories on Kathy's death? Do you think she was murdered? From watching the UM segment I don't think any of us ever knew her husband was a suspect and from your comments I gather he was since you said he had been hounded by police for 20 years. Any further info you can share with us would be appreciated so we can hear his side as well.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:38 PM   #10
curiousgram
Occasional Poster

Yes, I am a friend of Rob & Nan Bonderson's. We have known them for over 11 years. I would consider them to be the closest friends we have or in Rob's case, had. He & my husband were very close. There is no way that Rob could have ever hurt anyone. If, indeed Kathy was murdered, it could have been a drug dealer that her son Jamie was involved with back then. What drug dealer wants someone's mother causing problems???? From the UM segment, "NONE" of her family was on the show, not her husband, her parents, her siblings or her children so why does that make Rob any more guilty than anyone else. I never said he was hounded by the police for 20 years. There were other people that were doing things to he & Nan over the years. Sick things that only a member of the family would have access too.
People have said there was DNA. Well, where is it, who found it and why weren't the investigators aware of it? I have been accused of blaming Jamie. I never blamed Jamie. Just the things he was doing at the time need to be looked at. That is why Kathy was out that night, she was looking for him and so concerned because he had been involved with drugs. Since they closed this case so quickly, no one will ever really know what happened to Kathy or why. They can only assume. Blaming Rob isn't going to make it true. There are people who will swear that he did it but there are others of us that knew him that know there is no way he would ever hurt anyone. I agree with one thing that has been said, Justice wasn't done. Not because Rob took his own life but because this case hasn't been solved and isn't likely to be since the "investigators" have closed the case. I feel the investigators made a show of working on it but closed it so quickly to make themselves look good and so others would think that they had really done their job. We would all really like to know who the guilty party is. But it was not Rob!
curiousgram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:46 PM   #11
Occasional Poster

Default Kathy...

The Cold Case Investigators need to be thanked for all the hard work they have done to get information on these cases. I am a family member of Kathys. I was just a little girl when she passed away, but what happened to her still effects me today. Kathy was a great person I only wish she was here today. I would like to thank you, investigators for you time and devotion in Kathys case. You have provided many answers that were long awaited. I wish, we could of had these answers prior so Rob could of sat behind bars for the rest of his life. Of course like he always did, he took the "easy" way out. Thank You
4445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:52 PM   #12
Occasional Poster

Im sorry but Jamie lived with my family after Kathy died. There is no way that he could of done anything to hurt his mother. Also Kathy did not have any smoke in her lungs therfore she was dead before her car burt, she was in the passenger side of the car on the floor and the gas used to burn the car was not the same gas inside the car, also the gas can was found in the field next to the gravel road, Also there is a eye witness that said they dropped ROB of at his house the night of the accident. Why did Rob take the easy way out.. Why did he leave Jamie and Jason on their own. why why why.. we will never know.. WHY because he took the easy way out....he could not stand to take pain of knowing what he did to kathy.
4445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:59 AM   #13
mikem7715
Frequent Poster

http://www.kxmc.com/getArticle.asp?ArticleId=18653
mikem7715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:57 PM   #14
AVERMAN
Frequent Poster

Based on the UM segment, I don't see how Kathy's husband could be a suspect. They had an argument prior to Kathy leaving to go look for her son and then she left. I believe this could be a random attack but alot of things don't make sense. Why was she in the passenger side? Why were the keys not melted? If you're gonna kill someone and make it look like an accident, wouldn't you leave the victim in the driver seat? The only way I can see Kathy's husband possibly involved is if he also went looking for their son. They could have been in the car together, kept arguing, the argument became violent and her husband hit her. Realising what he had done, he probably covered it up to make it look like an accident. But that doesn't explain the second set of tyre marks. Hmmm.
AVERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:32 PM   #15
Dislimb
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

They solved this case a few months ago, dude. He did it.
Dislimb is offline   Reply With Quote