Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post > Trading Post - Archives - Read-Only

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: NBC Developing Serendipity Series; Designing Women Making Streaming Media Debut
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: ABC; Antenna TV Acquires The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's the Boss? and More
Dancing with the Stars Cast for Season 28; Lilly Singh Gets NBC Primetime Special
Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-01-2005, 02:42 PM   #1
loren

Default blank media

i would like some opinions on the brand of blank media you use

please only answer if you purchase over 500 blanks a year

i use ritek, memorex, or maxell 8x dvd-r, but not ritek 4x

i had had very good luck with these

the reason i had to stop tradeing for retail rips is due to over 1/3 disc problems from off or cheap brands
Old 07-01-2005, 05:24 PM   #2
mele503
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren
i would like some opinions on the brand of blank media you use

please only answer if you purchase over 500 blanks a year

i use ritek, memorex, or maxell 8x dvd-r, but not ritek 4x

i had had very good luck with these

the reason i had to stop tradeing for retail rips is due to over 1/3 disc problems from off or cheap brands
I use Ritek Ridata 4x DVD +R discs. You can find these at a great price and I never have any problems with them. You can find this at www.newegg.com and are very inexpensive. They run $36 per 100 discs (2, 50 packs) including s&h. This is the cheapest price you are going to find for quality media. Newegg also has the other brands far cheaper then anyone else as well!

Mel
Old 07-01-2005, 06:06 PM   #3
loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by mele503
I use Ritek Ridata 4x DVD +R discs. You can find these at a great price and I never have any problems with them. You can find this at www.newegg.com and are very inexpensive. They run $36 per 100 discs (2, 50 packs) including s&h. This is the cheapest price you are going to find for quality media. Newegg also has the other brands far cheaper then anyone else as well!

Mel
if you really like that blank media, then check

shop4tech.com

they have it for $ 32.40 for 100 and always free ups shipping

they have --if you want 300 discs at 31.5 cents each and free ship

i used to buy from them, but i found i like 8x memorex better

shop4 tech is a very good service provider
Old 07-01-2005, 06:21 PM   #4
JOEY1727
did i do that?
Forum Regular

Default I DONT KNOW WHAT KIND

I DONT KNOW WHAT KIND YET BUT I MET SOME THAT WILL SELL ME 5OO DVD-R INK JET PRINTABLES 4X FOR 100.0O SHIPED
Old 07-01-2005, 08:46 PM   #5
mele503
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEY1727
I DONT KNOW WHAT KIND YET BUT I MET SOME THAT WILL SELL ME 5OO DVD-R INK JET PRINTABLES 4X FOR 100.0O SHIPED
Joey any dvds for that cheap I can bet on are not high quality media. No offense but if you are wanting good quality media I would not buy these. Just my 2 cents worth though. If you do not care then I would say go for it. I know when I trade I like to get good quality media. If I am going to trade on good quality media I expect the same in return.

Mel
Old 07-01-2005, 08:55 PM   #6
wolf11
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

yea i had a bad time went to walmart and made over 30 dvd and sent soem out now i remaking each one because they were bad media
Old 07-01-2005, 08:56 PM   #7
mele503
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren
if you really like that blank media, then check

shop4tech.com

they have it for $ 32.40 for 100 and always free ups shipping

they have --if you want 300 discs at 31.5 cents each and free ship

i used to buy from them, but i found i like 8x memorex better

shop4 tech is a very good service provider
Loren,
I checked out shop4tech.com but they do not have the Ridata 4x DVD +R's silver top. The only have the Ridata 4x DVD -R's silver top and they are the same price as Newegg $36 plus free shipping. -R's seem to be cheeper than +R's so I am sure the +R's would be higher. I just prefer to burn on +R. Thanks for the info though. I thought I checked this site before reordering last night and sure enough I did.

Mel
Old 07-01-2005, 09:52 PM   #8
loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by mele503
Loren,
I checked out shop4tech.com but they do not have the Ridata 4x DVD +R's silver top. The only have the Ridata 4x DVD -R's silver top and they are the same price as Newegg $36 plus free shipping. -R's seem to be cheeper than +R's so I am sure the +R's would be higher. I just prefer to burn on +R. Thanks for the info though. I thought I checked this site before reordering last night and sure enough I did.

Mel
they run coupon codes for 10% off all the time

use code --july4 or code gg10

to get 10% off

they have a funky search on their site, they do have both plus and minus ritek--ridata

if you call they will hook you up
Old 07-02-2005, 12:03 AM   #9
Collinwood2003
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

The brands not to use are matrix and sonics. Defentiely stay away from those two brands. I been using optodiscs since January and they are great
for me and I never had a problem with them and great for everyday recordings
to.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:28 AM   #10
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

I personally like Ritek or Ridata (same brand different name), I have never had compatability issues with these. They also have injet prinatble Ridata and I swear by them for dvd quality and printabiltiy.

My 2 cents

Jay
Old 07-02-2005, 08:24 AM   #11
padre
Cookie baker
Forum Regular

I've moved to using exclusively TY media (8x or 16x). The media seems more reliable, and there's printable versions (Silver or White). It's more expensive than Ritek and others, but I think its worth it.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:45 AM   #12
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?

Prodisc 8x seem to work fine for me on all my equipment, so I stick with that.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:16 AM   #13
thehound
Frequent Poster

I buy 1000 disks at a time for a site called shop4tech.com. they run my 250.00 shipped. I haven't had 1 problem with these disks in over 6 months. Sonic DVD-R 8X Thermal White Printable Bulk (No Stacking Ring) by Shop4Tech they said no ring but mine have been coming with one.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:19 AM   #14
lilhave

I prefer either Sony or Verbatim but I find the biggest problem in getting dvds in trade that have errors are the speed burned at and the handling of the discs. I only burn at 4 speed as it gives a deeper burn and I have very, very few errors. When I receive discs and a error pops up, most can be rectified by a careful cleaning of the disc. Use a good cleaner and don't wipe around but from the center out. Rubbing in circular fashion will ruin the disc. Using a quality disk means nothing if the individual sending takes no pride and leaves fingerprints, smudge and in some cases you can dedect smoke stains on the dvds.

Harvey

http://www.freewebs.com/lilhave/index.htm
Old 07-02-2005, 11:50 AM   #15
Agent 13

Default Prodiscs

I buy blanks exclusively off of the internet because the only place within 90 miles that sells blanks is our miniature Walmart, and I live too far away from walk-in places that have specials.

I used to use Princos and had no problems with them until I got a high speed burner. Another trader recommended Optodiscs, which was definitely a mistake because I not only ended up with tons of coasters but I had to replace discs for lots of dissatisfied traders. The TY brand my burner wouldn't even recognize.

Now, I use Prodiscs from shop4tech, and I'm very pleased with them.