Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post > Trading Post - Archives - Read-Only

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: NBC Developing Serendipity Series; Designing Women Making Streaming Media Debut
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: ABC; Antenna TV Acquires The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's the Boss? and More
Dancing with the Stars Cast for Season 28; Lilly Singh Gets NBC Primetime Special
Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-08-2005, 09:42 AM   #1
jasimon1
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to jasimon1
Default Anyone Else?

I really hate to jump the gun like this but is anyone else getting a really wierd vibe off of wolf11? I know someone already called him out on his requireing that people send first but it's also seeming to have a lot of stuff that people have asked for and the going back to posts from like 3 years ago. I'm gonna try to do some research.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:36 AM   #2
Agent 13

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasimon1
I really hate to jump the gun like this but is anyone else getting a really wierd vibe off of wolf11? I know someone already called him out on his requireing that people send first but it's also seeming to have a lot of stuff that people have asked for and the going back to posts from like 3 years ago. I'm gonna try to do some research.
I'm with you, jasimon1. When I was a newbie I was required to send first whether I initiated the trade or not. In this case, where the guy seems to have so much stuff, with nothing showing up doing a google check for either him or his references, that's probably the best way to handle him.

By the size of his collection, there's no way that he's truly a "newbie" but merely using a new ID at SO. If he would provide the ID he used to acquire most of his collection, that would be a step toward giving potential traders peace of mind.

IMHO
Old 06-08-2005, 11:48 AM   #3
jasimon1
Forum Regular

With all of the talk about that San Fransisco Scammer lately, I'm kinda worried that it might be him using a different name and mo. This guy just seems way to willing to do lots of massive trades. I know I couldn't handle anything like what he is proposing even if I didn't have a job and I was handcuffed to my laptop. I've been in here for a while but I don't do many trades because the stuff I look for is stuff most people don't have and the stuff I have most don't want or need. That technically makes me a newbie. I just don't like odd people like this giving newbies a bad name. And the fact that when asked in one post where he lived, he would only say america...hmm can't get any more specific? Maybe because you're from some area notorious for a scammer?
Old 06-08-2005, 11:56 AM   #4
T-Greg

Quote:
With all of the talk about that San Fransisco Scammer lately, I'm kinda worried that it might be him using a different name and mo. This guy just seems way to willing to do lots of massive trades. I know I couldn't handle anything like what he is proposing even if I didn't have a job and I was handcuffed to my laptop. I've been in here for a while but I don't do many trades because the stuff I look for is stuff most people don't have and the stuff I have most don't want or need. That technically makes me a newbie. I just don't like odd people like this giving newbies a bad name. And the fact that when asked in one post where he lived, he would only say america...hmm can't get any more specific? Maybe because you're from some area notorious for a scammer?

I think it takes a lot of guts for someone who has been posting for just a week to require someone else to send first. Just my opinion, but if that's what they require, you can do it, or refuse to deal with them. As a suggestion, start out with a small trade. It should raise a red flag if any newbie starts responding to lots of "looking for" posts stating they have it. Tread lightly.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:02 PM   #5
jasimon1
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Greg
I think it takes a lot of guts for someone who has been posting for just a week to require someone else to send first.

It's not even a week, he posted everything last night! He became a member last night too!
Old 06-08-2005, 12:29 PM   #6
Agent 13

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Greg
As a suggestion, start out with a small trade. It should raise a red flag if any newbie starts responding to lots of "looking for" posts stating they have it. Tread lightly.
This is an excellent suggestion. If a newbie trader, requiring you to send first adamently refuses to start out small, I'd steer clear of him. Typically, a refusal to keep the first trade small would be a good indication that something's not quite right.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:42 PM   #7
loren

Quote:
it was that darn trouble maker, loren, who tried to reason with him about being a newbie

there is a certain way to get into a new circle

when i first came here

i posted that since i am a newbie, ill gladly send first

even though i had a nice list already and had lots of references from another board

well that did cost me some packages, but it also hooked me up with a dozen or so decent folks to trade with

i hope wolf11 pans out and adds to the collective
Old 06-10-2005, 01:36 AM   #8
wolf11
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

look the reason why i asking to send first is because i been screwd over enough that i have good ref ok look you have have a question about me email me ok

and my name is curtis not wolf11
Old 06-10-2005, 01:37 AM   #9
wolf11
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

look the reason why i asking to send first is because i been screwd over enough that i have good ref ok look you have have a question about me email me ok

and my name is curtis not wolf11 and i from nc ok what else do you want to know
lets see i am 31 years old if you have a question jsut ask ok
Old 06-10-2005, 10:10 AM   #10
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf11

and my name is curtis not wolf11

See but the point you are missing is that you may have a good repuation on another site but you are not known on this site. So you can;t request that a trader sent to you first and you are new to this site. It doesn;t work like that buddy. You have to send first until you have traded here for a while to build up a good reputation
Old 06-10-2005, 11:34 AM   #11
Agent 13

Exclamation What is your trading ID?

Curtis,

Please let us know what your ID is in the internet trading world, and perhaps a member here can vouch for you. Though not mandatory, using the same ID on all trading sites helps establish your general reputation.

I'm not suggesting that you are a bad trader, but it is common knowledge that most notorious bad traders use multiple IDs, multiple email addresses, etc. For this reason, it's best to stick with as few IDs and email addresses as possible.

I would suggest that you contact TJ, asking him to change your ID to the one you've been using elsewhere. Otherwise, most here will look upon you as a newbie, who'll need to send first, in most cases. Or else... permit reluctant traders to start out small, rather than only for an entire series.

Being a "newbie" to this site doesn't necessarily bring you to the bottom of the totem pole. We have had many so-called "newbies" whom I would have little trouble with "sending first" because I've actually traded with them or else seen them in action on other trading boards.

Last edited by Agent 13; 06-10-2005 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:10 PM   #12
wolf11
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

i can give you the email of people i traded with and have no problem i was on ebay just checked this out sn darkkwolf i not anymore i changing things around somebody had my account so i going to have to change it some how
Old 06-10-2005, 06:15 PM   #13
BeefyBoyGod
Frequent Poster

The whole demanding you send first, and how everything seems to rate an 8 out of 10 is mighty suspect.

If *you* contact someone about a trade, you should be the one to send first, not the other way around.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:37 PM   #14
lazygrae
Archivist
Forum Regular

Location: Canada, watching the grooviest gang of fuzz who ever wore a badge.

Quote:
i can give you the email of people i traded with and have no problem i was on ebay just checked this out sn darkkwolf i not anymore i changing things around somebody had my account so i going to have to change it some how
Would I trust someone who can't, or can't be bothered to, construct a proper paragraph to make a tape/disc with the shows I wanted in the quality I expect? No, for fear of getting a package that's about as useful as the run-on sentence above. I admit I could be totally wrong here having never dealt with him, but I just don't see any "caring" out of this guy in terms of how he comes across so the first impression I get is that it would probably be foolhardy to think that he'd put any care into a trade.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:28 AM   #15
jasimon1
Forum Regular

Default Wolf11 makes a mistake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf11

and my name is curtis not wolf11 and i from nc ok what else do you want to know
lets see i am 31 years old if you have a question jsut ask ok

I think he may have just slipped up. In a private message to me (one of 7 harrassing ones) he says: thanks alot i name is curtis bynon and i am 31 years old and staying in pa. In here it is nc. So which is it?