Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-05-2005, 02:34 PM   #1
KyooMac
Frequent Poster

Default Kristen Modafferi - Has it been solved?

Hi, I am a longtime UM watcher, and recently from googling came across this forum. Awesome!! I thought my wife and I were the only people who tried to find out if cases were solved. I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the Kristen Modafferi case. I was living in San Francisco when this happened and haven't been able to find anything new on this case. Other than the website http://www.findkristen.com/ I couldn't tell if it had been updated recently. Thanks, and I look forward to contributing a lot.

NQ
KyooMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 02:56 PM   #2
Kane

http://ncrumors.com/modules/news/art...hp?storyid=361

In response to your message, I went to google.com, and discovered this link. It's new article (dated May 4, 2005) about the reauthorization of Kristen's Act. Named after Kristen Modafferi, Kristen's Act created a national database to search for missing adults as a result of foul play. However, Kristen has never been found.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 03:00 PM   #3
Kane

Here's another link:

http://kristenfoundation.org

The site is named after Kristen Modafferi.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 03:21 PM   #4
KyooMac
Frequent Poster

Thanks for both links, the first link was what prompted me to see if there was any update to her disappearance. I was wondering if the guy who is questionable on the findkristen.com website had been questioned, etc. I guess not.
KyooMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #5
MysteryStacks
Occasional Poster

not even a body? nothing new in this case....i did a search on this on google and found that no body or updates.

The disturbing part of this is that fact that one of the girls that the Jon character was abusing alleged that he mentioned Kristens name while the argued...this guy is guilty for sure just no evidence to back it up! sad case!!
MysteryStacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
Mastermind

Quote:
Do you think it was Onuma?
Onuma is a shady character for sure, but that doesn;t necessarily mean he;s a killer.

I tend to lean toward suicide but I need to think on it more.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:52 AM   #7
Tao
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyooMac
Hi, I am a longtime UM watcher, and recently from googling came across this forum. Awesome!! I thought my wife and I were the only people who tried to find out if cases were solved. I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the Kristen Modafferi case. I was living in San Francisco when this happened and haven't been able to find anything new on this case. Other than the website http://www.findkristen.com/ I couldn't tell if it had been updated recently. Thanks, and I look forward to contributing a lot.

NQ
Old thread, but I have to admit I find that website a little unsettling. I'm not sure how fair it is to have people's names listed front and center in connection with the case just for having worked at the same place she did for less than a month. And people listed just for knowing the person of interest. Just doesn't seem right.

On another note, I tend to think she drowned and the guy just had a vendetta against some women and made the call. Stupid move, but even stupider if he did it.
Tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:23 AM   #8
mdl1981
Frequent Poster

My gut was always that Onuma is involved. He might not have killed her, or even been present when she was killed....but he is involved somehow.
mdl1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:02 AM   #9
Phanekim
Frequent Poster

always beenon the fence if onuma was involved. without giving away too much information, i have been living in san francisco so i am more than welcome to answer questions about the area.
Phanekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:45 AM   #10
Tao
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanekim
always beenon the fence if onuma was involved. without giving away too much information, i have been living in san francisco so i am more than welcome to answer questions about the area.
Okay thanks. How likely do you think it is she was swept away at Land's End beach? Now her dad said in the segment that he didn't think so because it was a tourist area and someone would have seen something.
But from the info presented, I think it's the easiest and most likely explanation. She told co-workers before she left she planned to go there. The dogs tracked her there. It was mentioned in the segment that lots of people are washed away there.

The only things that point to other possibilities are the phone call and the blonde she was supposedly talking to. I think the beach scenario is at least as likely as the abduction scenario if not more so.

Knowing the area, what do you think of the beach scenario? How likely is it that she was swept away with no one witnessing it?
Thanks.
Tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:07 AM   #11
Phanekim
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao
Okay thanks. How likely do you think it is she was swept away at Land's End beach? Now her dad said in the segment that he didn't think so because it was a tourist area and someone would have seen something.
But from the info presented, I think it's the easiest and most likely explanation. She told co-workers before she left she planned to go there. The dogs tracked her there. It was mentioned in the segment that lots of people are washed away there.

The only things that point to other possibilities are the phone call and the blonde she was supposedly talking to. I think the beach scenario is at least as likely as the abduction scenario if not more so.

Knowing the area, what do you think of the beach scenario? How likely is it that she was swept away with no one witnessing it?
Thanks.
i've been around there. i will visit that specific area. if you had to ask me, that area tends to be full of people particularly on a summer's day. its a trail (land's end), being to the trail once, i'd surmise that i do not think she was swept away...but i'd have to visit that specific location where the dogs lost her scent. but from what i do know...people would have been there if she fell over. if she fell over i wold think the tide woulda pushed her to shore or her body would have been just at the rocks. its not like a golden gate suicide where they just jump over the bridge and the current takes them. it would have to be a VERY VERY specific location for her to fall...and have the ocean take her to sea. so i guess its possible, but i dont think so.

if it was a sunny day and it was during day i'm pretty sure people would have saw her. it tends to be very sunny in august onto around october november here...but early summer tends to be somewhat cold and foggy. if you ask me though, i've been to trail, but i would have to know where her scent ended. and it is my opinion though that for almost all places, someone would have seen something and that i just dont think she fell over or committed suicide knowing area somewhat. if i didn't been to this trail, i would have guessed this is an accidental death.

the thing is this, even if the dogs followed her scent there, who's to say that she was there that day? she coulda went there on another day. thats just my gut opinion. sorry for rambling. i'll post some pictures when i get chance.

Last edited by Phanekim; 10-17-2010 at 05:26 AM.
Phanekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:57 PM   #12
Zlatko
Forum Regular

This article is nearly a year old but I'll post it anyway.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MND01C7CBP.DTL

This case always fascinated me since I lived near San Francisco. In regards to the case, I think Kirsten was most likely killed. In the segment, it mentions that she wanted to explore the Bay Area as much as she could. IMO, she possibly when into the wrong area at the wrong time and perished as a result.
Zlatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:36 AM   #13
Charli-Ann
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao
Old thread, but I have to admit I find that website a little unsettling. I'm not sure how fair it is to have people's names listed front and center in connection with the case just for having worked at the same place she did for less than a month. And people listed just for knowing the person of interest. Just doesn't seem right.

I agree. I looked at the website and it seemed to be saying "There's a 75-90% chance that ONE OF THESE PEOPLE [cue the scary music] killed her!!!" Honestly, if I were one of them, I'd be pretty upset to have my name up there like that. And weren't most of them (roommates, co-workers) cleared by the police?

Charli-Ann
Charli-Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:38 AM   #14
Charli-Ann
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
I tend to lean toward suicide but I need to think on it more.

Just curious, what makes you think that it might have been suicide?

Charli-Ann
Charli-Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:46 AM   #15
soilentgreen
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao
How likely do you think it is she was swept away at Land's End beach? Now her dad said in the segment that he didn't think so because it was a tourist area and someone would have seen something.

I go back and forth on this one. Too bad the identity of the woman Modaferri was (possibly) talking to was never determined. Onuma is a creep, but there's no concrete evidence that he ever had any contact with her. There's no mention of why the police no longer consider him a suspect.

It's possible that she was in the Land's End or Sutro Baths area and no one noticed what became of her. She wouldn't have been the first person to go missing from those locations. Below are some similar cases:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...berg_dirk.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...otte_noel.html

http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/mpccn/l..._richardo.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/ewing_michael.htm
soilentgreen is offline   Reply With Quote