Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post > Trading Post - Archives - Read-Only

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine
The Flintstones Coming to MeTV in Fall 2019; Lifetime Tackles The College Admissions Scandal

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-28-2005, 01:00 AM   #16
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoncole
putting another spin on what your saying!

i would also not ask for a show that i considered to be in the pocession of 1 or 2 traders if it could be put on dvd.and here's why

1. i now consider the tape trading boards to be more of a sellers market than a buyers market.i used to be able to ask every question known to man and the trader/seller would happily answer them.i was averaging more than 10 replies per request.but now i ask only the bare minimum because the person on the other end gives up a lot easier and i am also only averaging about 3 replies

2.when i know a show is scarce i just want to receive it in any format i can play,i now let the trader/seller tell me wether it can be put on dvd

what frustrates me is if this was a perfect world we could take a master copy of a show we all wanted, form a group and distribute that copy to every member who would make a copy for themselves and then hand it back to the ringleader.i have heard this done on other sites/groups but there would have to be lots of rules and regulations!!

They do that on a Sports Trading Board I'm apart of. They call it WEEDING. Someone will create a post and ask-"anyone want someone Weed?-LOL Or I have some new weed"
Old 03-28-2005, 01:06 AM   #17
jasoncole
Frequent Poster

i don't think weed would play well in my vcr it wouldn't track properly and the picture would be about 8th generation!!!
Old 03-28-2005, 01:06 AM   #18
lazygrae
Archivist
Forum Regular

Location: Canada, watching the grooviest gang of fuzz who ever wore a badge.

Quote:
Well when I say rare, i mean that the show is not being shown on cable and hasn;'t been for years or on VHS or DVD.
So what you're really saying, is that by "rare" you don't necessarily mean, well, "rare", since lots of shows that aren't released and haven't been broadcast in years circulate in trading circles.

Quote:
Take a show like One Day at a Time, it has been hard to find this show on VHS for years so it's silly to look for it on DVD.
I'm pretty sure I can get eps of it on dvd. Should I try? Or should I not because that would make me silly?
Old 03-28-2005, 01:10 AM   #19
GeorgeWBushGOP
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVShow Analyzer
I'm talking about RARE TV SHOWS from 30 years ago that never went into syndication. Why the hell would i ask for that on DVD?

Perhaps because the collector transferred it from his VHS to DVD. did that ever seep into your brain?
Old 03-28-2005, 01:12 AM   #20
GeorgeWBushGOP
Forum Regular

Quote:
That is true but you still hae to find out if the show even EXIST before asking for it on DVD. Take a show like One Day at a Time, it has been hard to find this show on VHS for years so it's silly to look for it on DVD.

No. I found it on DVD. Transferred from VHS but still DVD. The only thing silly is yourself my friend.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:12 AM   #21
jasoncole
Frequent Poster

lazygrae!! did you still want that show 'mod squad' because i have found a trader who has this show,i am not sure if it is the broadcast version you are looking for though??
Old 03-28-2005, 01:14 AM   #22
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoncole
i don't think weed would play well in my vcr it wouldn't track properly and the picture would be about 8th generation!!!

LOL-No i mean that a trader announces he has WEED. So he sends the Master to another Trader and that Trader has to make a copy of the Master for 3 others Traders and then pass the Weed to another trader and that trader does the same. So no it wouldn't be 8th generation cop-lol
Old 03-28-2005, 01:18 AM   #23
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWBushGOP
No. I found it on DVD. Transferred from VHS but still DVD. The only thing silly is yourself my friend.

You didn't find Sh%T on DVD. Stop lying Dude.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:18 AM   #24
lazygrae
Archivist
Forum Regular

Jason: Very interested. Just got a bunch more MTMs today myself - only need about 15 more to complete the set. How is that going for you?

Quote:
The only thing silly is yourself my friend.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:24 AM   #25
GeorgeWBushGOP
Forum Regular

Quote:

Ok I'm a liar. LOL. I am so out to impress you. LOL

Nobody digs what you are saying man.

DVD is what it is now.

People archive shows on DVD now.

Spend some of your illegally earned money and by yourself a burner. and a recorder and transfer you list to DVD.

There is somebody on One Day at a Time board right now offering VHS copies of it..

Deal with it. Your whole argument is a moutain out of a molehill and you know it.

VHS indeed. LOL.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:25 AM   #26
lazygrae
Archivist
Forum Regular

Quote:
Don't misunderstand me, I have no idea if he found it or not. But what makes you so certain that he didn't that you'd publicly call him a liar?
Old 03-28-2005, 01:25 AM   #27
GeorgeWBushGOP
Forum Regular

Quote:
LOL-No i mean that a trader announces he has WEED. So he sends the Master to another Trader and that Trader has to make a copy of the Master for 3 others Traders and then pass the Weed to another trader and that trader does the same. So no it wouldn't be 8th generation cop-lol
I don't know what this weed stuff is you are mumbling about but I suggest you stop smoking it as it is distorting your sense of reality.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:28 AM   #28
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Ok I'm a liar. LOL. I am so out to impress you. LOL

Nobody digs what you are saying man.

DVD is what it is now.

People archive shows on DVD now.

Spend some of your illegally earned money and by yourself a burner. and a recorder and transfer you list to DVD.

There is somebody on One Day at a Time board right now offering VHS copies of it..

Deal with it. Your whole argument is a moutain out of a molehill and you know it.

VHS indeed. LOL.

WEll everyone can't buy a DVD recorder. Maybe I will be a DVD Trader in 2008/2009
Old 03-28-2005, 01:28 AM   #29
GeorgeWBushGOP
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygrae
Don't misunderstand me, I have no idea if he found it or not. But what makes you so certain that he didn't that you'd publicly call him a liar?

because he has the mentality of a five year old when they cry "liar liar"

What is so rare about friggin one day at a time. It aired on E only a few years ago as well as a ton of metromedia channels.

I don't care that he calls me a liar. He just wants to be right. and is a fish out of water because nobody is buying into what he is selling.

What else do you expect from a person that has to sell illegal bootlegs for a living?
Old 03-28-2005, 01:31 AM   #30
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
I don't know what this weed stuff is you are mumbling about but I suggest you stop smoking it as it is distorting your sense of reality.

I explained how the Weed Works.