Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine
The Flintstones Coming to MeTV in Fall 2019; Lifetime Tackles The College Admissions Scandal

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-15-2017, 12:19 PM   #76
janiesue
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
I was on the fence on this one until I saw the Forensic Files episode which showed the mountain of forensic evidence against Darlie. Itís definitely worth a watch if you have access to Netflix...

I do, how would I find this?
janiesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:45 PM   #77
janiesue
Frequent Poster

What about her wounds, they said they where deep and almost too deep. I dont think she could have done that her self. They kinda of gets me thinking if she was in on it she was not working alone
Old 11-15-2017, 12:51 PM   #78
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiesue
I do, how would I find this?
Go to Forensic Files, then look under Collection 3, and the episode is "Invisible Intruder."
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:03 PM   #79
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
I was on the fence on this one until I saw the Forensic Files episode which showed the mountain of forensic evidence against Darlie. Itís definitely worth a watch if you have access to Netflix...
Holy ****... Thank you for posting this. I just watched this episode. Yikes. Darin slept through the entire attack, didn't wake up until after the attack was over, and when the police got there the first words out of his mouth were "Isn't she beautiful and doesn't she have gorgeous breasts?" Seriously -- WTF???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Jock
Eh?

Itís pretty cut and dry to me that Darlie is 100% guilty. The only sign of any sort of break in was the window screen that was cut with a knife... a knife that was found in the Routierís own knife block on their kitchen counter. It still had fibers from the window screen on it. Please explain how that happened?
Ok -- I stand corrected. I was basing the "strong evidence" of the intruder off of UM and a few other articles I read (which must have been pro-Darlie). After viewing the Forensic Files episode that CRicci mentioned, it is now crystal clear.

I had never heard about the fiberglass fibers before and that can't be explained any other way. I always thought the evidence pointed more towards her doing it, and now I'm convinced.

The only question in my mind is how much Darin knew about this. He sure seemed to have his s*** together for a guy whose kids were just killed and wife was nearly killed. I'm sure part of that was psychological shock, but would anyone really say to the police "Doesn't she have gorgeous breasts?" Wowza.

As for the silly string incident, I do not think that makes her guilty. However, I do think it goes to her state of mind. Everyone grieves differently but look at her reactions in the video (actual silly string aside). She is happy and relieved. She is not putting on a brave face or simply numb. We can debate about whether or not that should have been entered as evidence, but I certainly think it shows her accurate state of mind. This was weeks after the deaths of her two children, not months or years.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:16 PM   #80
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

My own non-expert legal opinion as a prosecutor? The "silly string" video never should have been allowed into evidence. (Suck on that, Awsi! ) I understand this offense happened at a different time, when we weren't doing forensic analysis on everything, but the prosecution should have focused completely on the evidence it had-- the blood spatter, etc. There was no reason to fall down the rabbit hole with the silly string. I think it actually weakens the prosecution's case and makes it look like they're grasping at strings. Silly strings.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 02:04 PM   #81
wiseguy182

I'm not completely in one camp or the other, but knowing the silly string video is largely what got her convicted makes me ill. What some people don't understand is that it's quite common (not to mention perfectly normal) for people to still celebrate loved one's birthdays after they're gone. Look at Marlene Santana's mom. They still did a birthday cake for her and everything for years on end after she disappeared.

I think a lot of the evidence in this case is overestimated. Blood splatter evidence? Meh. Not an exact science, plus the clothes were compromised when they were folded and put in the paper bag. Fiberglass? Feh.

I think the more important things here are the ones that don't get talked about as much. Like the difference in the boys injuries. Devon was essentially hacked to death and was dead by the time the first responders arrived. Damon suffered less stab wounds, but obviously they were too much for the poor boy to take.

I don't understand how anyone could kill two children like that, but Devon's injuries suggest somebody was extremely angry at him. And that is what doesn't bode well for Darlie because how could any stranger take out that much aggression on a child they didn't know? I can't fathom it. It does make you wonder if she was sick of parenting and that was the result. Damon was a quieter child, so maybe she wasn't as annoyed with him, but he saw too much.

I really don't know.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:20 PM   #82
janiesue
Frequent Poster

I am watching it now,

I am all about the husband is in on this. He awoke to glass breaking, not to his kids screaming.
Then his comments to the police?
Now why would she protect him, to save her own skin I would guess. As long as she does not point the finger at him it is not pointing at her.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:28 PM   #83
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiesue
I am watching it now,

I am all about the husband is in on this. He awoke to glass breaking, not to his kids screaming.
Then his comments to the police?
Now why would she protect him, to save her own skin I would guess. As long as she does not point the finger at him it is not pointing at her.
I was just thinking about this and this is where I get hung up on. They were still married for many years after the incident and only semi-recently divorced. If Darlie was for sure guilty and Darin knew it, why would he remain married to her for all those years, knowing she killed two of his children? I do wonder if there was collusion on their parts.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:30 PM   #84
janiesue
Frequent Poster

This is off her website: Just some of HER points

** The police say there was no evidence of an intruder but: **

1) There were bloody finger/palm prints at the scene that do not match any family member. Also hairs (facial and limb) were found and were not matched with any known person in the house.

2) Two Murder weapons were used, only one was found. Two weapons because some of the deep wounds were too narrow to be made by the knife that was found. Also blood from the 7 year old was not on the knife that was found.

3) Witnesses of the intruders not taken seriously by officers, and not checked out - including sighting of a man fitting the description given earlier by Darlie.
See testimony of Officer Jimmy Patterson prior to taking the fifth.

4) Blood pattern on Darlie's clothes (w/ DNA map) is not consistent with her as the murderer.

5) The police contaminated the evidence by putting many of the bloody items in one bag before the blood was dry.

6) Contradicting statements within the four corners of the affidavit made by officer Jimmy Ray Patterson and used to swear out a warrant.

7) Mistakes in facts in the affidavit used to swear out a warrant.

8) Blood found in the garage and seen in exhibits, despite police statements to the contrary.

9) No mulch under window with slit screen, despite police statements.

10) Screen was proven in court to be cut from the outside despite early police press releases and sworn statements to the contrary.

11) There was a bloody sock found 75 yards from the house which could not have been left by Darlie or Darin because of the time line (See Mosty's explanation in closing arguments)
Old 11-15-2017, 03:53 PM   #85
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Article about the case from last year.

Quote:
Routier told police a man was in the house and she chased him out. But the evidence told police a different story, according to Nabors.

There was T-shaped cut in the screen of a patio window in the backyard.

A bread knife was used to cut the screen and came from a knife block in the Routier family’s kitchen. There was also a butcher knife that was used to commit the murders that was also taken from the knife block in the kitchen, according to police.

The bread knife had fiberglass and PVC rubber coating on it that was consistent with the window screen hat was cut.

“One thing that didn’t add up, if the bread knife was used to cut the screen somebody had to come in, get the bread knife, cut the screen, put it back in the knife block and then get another knife to commit the murders,” Nabors said.

Another piece of damning evidence for Routier, according to Nabors, was the blood on her night gown she was wearing the night of the murders. There was cast off on the backside, right side and left side of her night gown which only meant one thing: She was holding the knife.

Damon’s and Devon’s blood was found on her night shirt.

“She’s laying on the couch and gets her throat cut, there’s no cast off on the couch where she said she was cut,” Nabors said. “None, not even blood drops.”

Investigators found out that the kitchen sink was the site of a cleanup and found blood around the sink and in it. Luminal was used in the testing. Nabors explained that sometimes there can be false positives but it was tested multiple times for clarification.

Darin, Routier’s husband, told investigators that Routier was a light sleeper. He said she often could hear the baby move around in his crib. Nabors and other investigators took issue with that statement.

“One of the problems we had was one of the children was at the foot of the couch where she was sleeping,” Nabors said, “The other one was perpendicular to that within 3 feet of her but somebody came in the house stabbed both children and then attacked her but she slept through it, that was another inconsistency in her story.”

Blood stain patterns at the scene also proved to be a deciding factor in Routier's guilt, according to Nabors. The blood stains on the floor at the scene were passive, not falling with any hasty action like running or chasing.

Nabors said the blood drops proved she was walking through the scene.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:07 PM   #86
janiesue
Frequent Poster

I just read that, Really if they are doing new DNA test I would love to see the out come. I would like to be 100% sure. With the sock a few houses down and no blood trail makes me think there is a whole lot more going on here.

More from her site
**Violations in due process, flawed logic, flawed procedure**

1) Key state investigators take the 5'th during cross examination by defense denying defense to challenge accuser

2) Investigator Jimmy Patterson should not have been assigned to case because his son was a potential suspect. He owns a car matching neighbors description and was a defendant in a drug related drive by shooting in which he was convicted. Another murder was committed in the same neighborhood in the same week but this information was not given to the media and the case was sealed until recently and is still unsolved.

3) Investigator concluded in first 30 minutes that Darlie was the murderer, the investigation was in the mode of building a case against Routier rather than investigating and seeing where the evidence leads. She was targeted at the expense of following up on other leads.

4) First cop testified seeing the husband in the front yard when he arrived. The 911 tape shows that the husband was in the house the entire time till paramedics showed up. Who was the man that fooled the officer?

5) Many poor investigation techniques. Crime scene video being used as training tape for other police departments on how NOT to handle crime scenes, according to the author of the book "Media Tried Justice Denied"

6) No motive and convicted for only one of two deaths.

7) Darlie called 911 while Damon is still alive. You can hear Darlie tell him to hang on.

8) Darlie and husband tried to save kids despite statements by police and investigators - listen to 911 tape.

9) State manipulated hospital personnel's attitude towards Darlie through mock trials, coercion, and abuse of authority.

10) Witnesses providing exculpatory evidence, were instructed by prosecutors under color of authority not to talk to defense attorneys.

11) At the scene, Paramedics were restricted by police, care delayed to child still alive (Damon), the very child that Darlie was convicted of killing. She was not convicted for the death of the other child (Devon) who was dead before first cop arrived. Damon died after the paramedics got to him.

12) Entire trial process was based on character assassination, not merits, I.E.: Grave video, "Trailer trash" and similar prejudicial false statements by prosecutors, witness tampering through mock trials which caused witnesses to change testimony (nurses)

13) Bugging of grave without warrant.

14) Denial of defendant to cross examine accusers. Denial of defendant to show video recordings in full context because of investigators taking the fifth.

15) Detectable incompetence of police covered up by false and manipulated testimony.

16) No follow up with Eye witnesses (the neighbors who saw the getaway car and a man fitting the description)

17) Press release say that the husband slept through the whole thing but the 911 tape shows that the husband was assisting Darlie in helping the kids until paramedics showed up.

18) Darlie waives Fifth amendment to cooperate with police in effort to find killer. Investigators take the fifth under cross examination. Who is the one that has something to hide?

19) Credibility of expert witnesses were totally discredited after trial and reported in the media. The problems included: Incompetence, Goal was to convict rather than analyze evidence (see grievance hearing filed by Officer Lynch)

20) Improper read back to the jury by the court reporter. Court reporter admits filling a falsified record for the purpose of hiding her mistake. There were tens of thousands of reported errors in the transcript (other than typos). There was other misconduct by the court reporter. Prosecutor refused to prosecute her for perjury dispite the fact that the state paid $30,000 for the transcript and she sold several copies to the media. Her conduct delayed the appeal for 2 years and resulted in 6 hearings that would have otherwise been unnecessary.