Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Reality Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Reality Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine
The Flintstones Coming to MeTV in Fall 2019; Lifetime Tackles The College Admissions Scandal
Freeform Celebrates 30 Days of Disney in September; A-List Stars Visit Fox's Animation Domination This Fall
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 12, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-12-2017, 02:39 PM   #1
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Exclamation "Bachelor in Paradise" Resumes Production after Investigation Finds No Misconduct

"Bachelor in Paradise" Suspends Production in Mexico after “Allegations of Misconduct
by Greg Evans
June 11, 2017

Warner Bros. has suspended production on "Bachelor in Paradise" in Mexico due to an “allegation of misconduct,” a WB spokesman says.

In a statement, Warner Bros. said: “We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ in Mexico. We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.

Warner Bros. did not immediately return calls for an explanation.

The fourth season of the summer reality series was set to return Tuesday, August 8, with a cast comprised of former fan favorites “and controversial characters” from previous seasons of "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette", according to the show’s website.

The season’s cast was set to include: Raven Gates, Corinne Olympios, Amanda Stanton, Alexis Waters, Derek Peth, DeMario Jackson, Lacey Mark, Kristina Schulman, Nick “St. Nick” Benvenutti, Danielle Maltby, Taylor Nolan, Robby Hayes, Ben Zorn, Jasmine Goode, Vinny Ventiera, and Alex Woytkiw.

http://deadline.com/2017/06/bachelor...ct-1202111418/

Last edited by JamesG; 06-23-2017 at 01:07 PM.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:21 PM   #2
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Chris Harrison Responds to "Bachelor in Paradise" Scandal
by Liam Mathews
June 13, 2017

Chris Harrison, the host of "The Bachelor" franchise's fleet of shows including "Bachelor in Paradise", has spoken out about the scandal that caused "Paradise" to end production on Season 4.

In the statement, obtained by People, Harrison urges fans to be patient while production company Warner Bros. carries out its investigation of the incident, and cautions to be wary of "misinformation" in the media, but does not identify what that "misinformation" is.

"Bachelor in Paradise" shut down production on Sunday after a field producer lodged a complaint with Warner Bros. over an incident of possible sexual misconduct involving two contestants that producers did not stop and instead recorded.

Quote:
By now, no doubt, you have heard that we have suspended production on this season's "Bachelor in Paradise". I can confirm to you that this is sadly the case. Out of respect to all involved, there's only so much I can and will say at this time. Normally with a situation like this I would not say anything until the incident is fully resolved, but with all the rumors and misinformation being put out there, I don't find that to be possible anymore.

Let me start by saying the safety and care of the cast and crew of our show is of the utmost importance to us. It is with this thought in mind that we made the decision to suspend filming. An investigation into the situation was started immediately. Warner Bros. is handling the details of that investigation. They're moving quickly to gather all the facts, and once that's done, a clear, concise decision can be made about where we go from here.

There are a lot of competing details in the various press accounts of the incident. And there's a lot of misinformation out there too. We urge everyone to be patient until the investigation is complete.

I know in this day and age we want -- and even expect -- immediate answers, but in this case, it's just not possible. So again, I urge you to please be patient and respect the privacy of the parties involved. I will keep you as informed and up to date as I possibly can. We're sorry for any inconvenience and disappointment this may have caused the cast, the crew and our loyal fans.

It is my sincere hope that we can come to a quick resolution on this and get back to work very soon.
http://www.tvguide.com/news/chris-ha...adise-scandal/
Old 06-14-2017, 05:40 PM   #3
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Bachelor in Paradise's" Corinne Olympios Declares, "I Am a Victim"
by Michael Ausiello
June 14, 2017

The female contestant at the center of the swelling "Bachelor in Paradise" scandal has officially been identified. Corinne Olympios has released a statement confirming that she was indeed involved in the incident that brought production on Season 4 to a standstill.

According to reports, a producer reportedly expressed concern about an alleged sexual encounter between DeMario Jackson and another female cast member (now revealed to be Olympios).

Olympios has issued a statement saying she is “a victim” and has retained an attorney “to obtain justice” while “seeking therapy.” That attorney is Hollywood legal heavyweight Marty Singer, an informed source tells us.

Quote:
I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production.

As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.
http://tvline.com/2017/06/14/bachelo...nduct-consent/
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2017, 12:45 PM   #4
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Bachelor in Paradise's" DeMario Jackson: "My Character Has Been Assassinated"
by Ryan Schwartz
June 15, 2017

The male contestant at the center of the "Bachelor in Paradise" scandal is lawyering up. In a statement released to E! News, DeMario Jackson is speaking out against what he refers to as “malicious allegations” against his character.

According to reports, a producer expressed concern about an alleged sexual encounter between Jackson and Corinne Olympios, which questioned whether she was able to give consent.

“It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.

http://tvline.com/2017/06/15/bachelo...sent-response/
Old 06-15-2017, 08:16 PM   #5
robyrob
certified wackball#3
Forum Legend

this seems really fishy; why were the police not called - it seems they have yet to be involved at all, so far just lawyers, producers and the production company.

I am not saying that this woman is lying, but a lot of this story doesn't make sense.
robyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:35 AM   #6
tlc38tlc38
Every day’s a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

^Just a publicity stunt.
Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:28 PM   #7
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Bachelor in Paradise" To Resume Production after Internal Investigation Finds No Misconduct
by Denise Petski
June 20, 2017

An investigation has found no evidence of misconduct and production is set to resume on ABC’s "Bachelor in Paradise". Here is a statement released by Warner Bros.

Quote:
As we previously stated, we recently became aware of allegations regarding an incident on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico. We take all such allegations seriously. The safety, security and well-being of the cast and crew is our number one concern, and we suspended filming so that the allegations could be investigated immediately and thoroughly.

Our internal investigation, conducted with the assistance of an outside law firm, has now been completed. Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident. We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy.

Production on this season of Bachelor in Paradise will be resuming, and we plan to implement certain changes to the show’s policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants.

We appreciate the swift and complete investigation by Warner Bros. into allegations of misconduct on the set of ‘Bachelor in Paradise.’ Given their results, the series will resume production, and will air this summer on ABC,” a network spokesperson said in a statement.

http://deadline.com/2017/06/bachelor...ct-1202116761/
Old 06-20-2017, 10:33 PM   #8
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Corinne Olympios Attorney Speaks Out, Vows Their Own Investigation Will Continue
by Denise Petski
June 20, 2017

"Bachelor in Paradise’s" Corinne Olympios, a contestant who was at the center of a scandal that shut down production earlier this month, has issued a statement through her attorney.

It follows Warner Bros. TV’s announcement today that its investigation determined no misconduct had occurred on the set and production on the reality series would resume.

Quote:
It needs to be made crystal clear that production of “Bachelor in Paradise” was shut down because of multiple complaints received from “BIP” producers and crew members on the set. It was not shut down due to any complaint filed by Corinne against anyone.

It comes as no surprise that Warner Bros., as a result of its own internal Investigation, would state that no wrong doing had occurred. Our own investigation will continue based on multiple new witnesses coming forward revealing what they saw and heard.
http://deadline.com/2017/06/bachelor...ue-1202117056/
Old 06-27-2017, 12:33 PM   #9
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrKBoygQlOw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDu73oh4Sk
Old 06-29-2017, 06:21 PM   #10
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Corinne Olympios Will Not be Returning for "Bachelor in Paradise" Season 4
by Vlada Gelman
June 29, 2017

No surprise here: "Bachelor in Paradise" cast member Corinne Olympios will not return to the ABC reality show when production resumes on Season 4.

In a statement released Thursday, the former "Bachelor" star reveals that her team’s investigation into what happened on the show’s set “has now been completed to my satisfaction.” Olympios went on to add that she is “happy about the changes that have been made to the production of Bachelor in Paradise,” but while she was invited to rejoin the series, she “respectfully made the decision not to return.

Quote:
In light of the overwhelming amount of misinformation that has been spread in the media, I want to clarify a few things. My intent over the past few weeks has been to learn and understand what happened on June 4. While I never filed complaints or accusations against anyone associated with Bachelor in Paradise, my team and I felt it was very important to be thorough in getting to the bottom of what had occurred. I felt victimized by the fact that others were judging me through conflicting and unsubstantiated reports, while I myself had no recollection of the events that transpired.

My team’s investigation into this matter has now been completed to my satisfaction. I am also happy about the changes that have been made to the production of Bachelor in Paradise. While I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to have been a participant on The Bachelor, and while I was invited to return to Bachelor in Paradise when production resumed, I respectfully made the decision not to return.

I understand the media’s interest in this story, and I greatly appreciate my fans’ concerns for my well-being, but I think it is best if I keep any further thoughts private for now.
http://tvline.com/2017/06/29/bachelo...-season-4-abc/