Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Reality Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Reality Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Unhappy "Big Brother" Star Jade Goody Has Months Left To Live

Goody Confirms Cancer Is Terminal
14 February 2009 6:10 AM, PST

British reality TV star Jade Goody only has months to live after doctors told her they are powerless to treat her cancer.

The news was confirmed by Goody's publicist, who revealed that the 27-year-old has stopped receiving chemotherapy treatment and is beginning to put her legal affairs in order.

Goody - who shot to fame on reality TV series Big Brother - was diagnosed with cervical cancer last year and was recently told the deadly illness had spread to her bowel, liver and groin.

The mother-of-two underwent an operation to remove a tumour from her bowel last week (beg02Feb09) but has now been informed that further treatment would be useless.

Her spokesman Max Clifford says in a statement, "She was aware that the cancer had spread but they said unfortunately it was a question now of when rather than if, and when she pressed them as to how long she'd got, they said 'months'."

Clifford also revealed Goody is now planning to marry her boyfriend, Jack Tweed, and plan the future for her two sons, Freddy, five, and Bobby, four.

He adds, "It's been very difficult for Jack, he proposed to her yesterday and they are going to be getting married as soon as possible. Both boys are going to be christened also, Jade is taking control of the situation. She's being incredibly brave and positive about all of this."

-IMDB News

Last edited by JamesG; 02-15-2009 at 06:43 AM.
JamesG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

Unhappy

How sad. God bless her and her family.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
catlover79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:19 PM   #3
SpunkiiMonkii7078
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpunkiiMonkii7078

As much as a stir as she caused, I feel so incredibly bad for her, Jack, her sons, and her entire family. I hope Jade is able to stay positive throughout all of it and ensure her sons will be okay in the future.

713 votes x Miami 7 x Unreleased rank: 221st
681 votes x L.A. 7 x Unreleased rank: 243rd
692 votes x Hollywood 7 x Unreleased rank: 232nd
221 votes x Viva S Club x Unreleased rank: 1148th
Updated: January 7, 2013

myspace facebook twitter
SpunkiiMonkii7078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
Chocoholic
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Veteran

I've never watched Big Brother or even heard of her, but my prayers are with her. So sad
Chocoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:54 AM   #5
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocoholic
I've never watched Big Brother or even heard of her, but my prayers are with her. So sad
Well I don't know if you heard about what happened but it did make the news a lot...

Jade Goody was one of the people involved in that whole racial incident. Contestants were said to be racist against Indian actress Shilba Shetty.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:10 AM   #6
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Goody Baptised In Hospital Chapel
8 March 2009 6:30 PM, PDT

Dying British TV star Jade Goody and her two young sons were baptised in London on Saturday.

Goody, who has terminal cancer, was too ill to make the journey to a church as planned, so the ceremony took place in a chapel at the Royal Marsden Hospital, where the beloved reality TV star is a patient.

Looking "pale and fragile" wheelchair-bound Goody was assisted by nurses during the service.

Her publicist insists the baptism will be the last thing the star will do in the public eye before her imminent death.

Goody's new husband, Jack Tweed, and her mother attended the moving ceremony.

He publicist says, "It was in my mind that she was saying a final goodbye to some people. Jade was obviously very happy with the whole thing... It was a very short and emotional service.

"She finds it very hard to stay awake for more than a few minutes but she stayed awake for the 20 minutes of the service."

-IMDB News
Old 03-22-2009, 03:47 AM   #7
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.
Unhappy Jade Goody has passed away.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7925719.stm
Old 03-22-2009, 07:43 AM   #8
James28
Michael Jackson - DCS Leader

Jade Goody had only a few months left to live, yet she lived for only one.
James28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:49 AM   #9
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

Unhappy

catlover79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #10
SpunkiiMonkii7078
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpunkiiMonkii7078

RIP Jade.
SpunkiiMonkii7078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #11
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

Rest In Peace Jade.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:42 AM   #12
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Thousands Gather For Goody's Funeral
4 April 2009 7:10 AM, PDT

Thousands of fans gathered on Saturday to pay their respects to late reality TV star Jade Goody as her funeral procession passed through the streets of London.

The cortege travelled through areas where Goody spent parts of her life and was flanked by mourners and well-wishers.

Crowds lining the route tossed flowers at the hearse and applauded, before funeral director Barry Albin-Dyer released a single white dove - which was greeted with cheers from onlookers.

The procession then left London for a burial service in St John's Church in Buckhurst Hill, Essex - the home town of Goody's widower Jack Tweed.

Tweed was allowed to attend the service after his sentencing hearing for assaulting a taxi driver was postponed until 16 April. Goody's two sons, Bobby, five, and Freddie, four, with ex-boyfriend Jeff Brazier, were not in attendance, at the star's request.

Members of the public, who gathered outside the church, were able to watch via screens and speakers erected outside the building.

The service was followed by a private funeral at an unconfirmed location.

Goody's publicist Max Clifford paid tribute to the star, insisting the procession went just as Goody had planned.

He says, "I think Jade would want people to be laughing and crying and I'm sure they will be. People have been to the church and signed the book of remembrance, and there's been letters and cards from all over the world as well as floral tributes."

Goody lost her battle with cervical cancer on 22 March, aged 27. She carved out a lucrative career through magazine and book deals, and by starring in a string of reality shows.

-IMDB News
Old 04-04-2009, 10:26 AM   #13
TripperFan
In God's Arms Now
Forum Veteran

It's nice that she got a chance to redeem herself before she passed so her memory would be of a strong, good mother rather than what it was.

I'll hand her that, she did it the way she wanted to and had control over everything other than her own health and mortality. She could have relied on the boys' father to provide for them (afterall, he must make pretty good money as a pro soccer player), but she wanted to leave her own money to them.

Rest in Peace Jade.

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile

The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous
TripperFan is offline   Reply With Quote