Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post > Trading Post - Archives - Read-Only

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-13-2005, 11:04 PM   #31
debwalsh
Ancient Archivist
Forum Regular

Dental floss ... cool. I'd never thought of that. Thanks!
Old 07-13-2005, 11:18 PM   #32
JOEY1727
did i do that?
Forum Regular

Oh No same problem as nanny and mel had

i had the same thing maild to me just like they did,but i didnt get mad or go off on any one because i think its best to try to tell the person what they did worng,and if they change there ways, then great and if not then thats someone u leave alone,when u are a rookie at trading and the first trade u make,if you are shipped something that away you will think hey its ok for me to do it or think thats the way it was done,i had a talk with the person yall are talking about and he really didnt know no better.after i told him he said he was changing right away and said all dvd will be shiped out in dvd cases or cd case...i will be trading with him again and will update yall on the trade..by talking to the person and trading with him he seams to be a very honest person ,,even thou i sent more disk to him than i suppose to,what did he do,emailed me right away and told me,come to find out my child had stuck some of my hard copies in there,what did he do,mailed them back to me the next day with a tracking #..so many can say what they want but ill stand behind him a 100%,just like i will mel,a very good trader,done did a few trades with him and no problems..but to bring it up there is some on here that think they is god,that there stuff is the best around,and theres one on here (no name)she thinks here sh@t dont stinks,shes rude,if things dont go her way she just want email u back or anything,you cant even get through talking how things can work for u and her to trade..i might be new to this site but im not new to the game,,,i been doing dvds and trading for 6 years..and to tell the truth a computer burnt dvd is not as good as a stand alone dvd burner,bad disk will not get by a good stand alone.but a computer it will..one thing my dad always told me"boy if u loose every thing u got,dont ever loose your word,your word is all that a man have" and i live by that..and some of us should to.one thing i hate is get treated like a child or a theaft,and i have ran in to some on here like that(her).all im saying is we should help and be 1 on here,not trying to find the next person weakness and try to help them.ill help anyone on here that i can,i m open for a email anytime.it seems like we spend most our time trying to make people out as scammers than trying to give them a chance.sorry for taking up so much space on here but i felt like i had to get it off my chest,and all that i have traded with on here thanks for the trades,and all the people i have met and helped me out,THANKS ALOT...
Old 07-14-2005, 10:12 AM   #33
lilhave

Default Trading

Have been reading some of the posts on the subject of trading and wait times and in certain respects am completely lost. If you go in a store and purchase from a catalog, you are going to ask certain questions and if not satisfied you are not going to buy. Why isn't the same done here. If some one has a item I would like to trade for I tell them I'm interested and give a list of what I have in exchange. If they respond in kind it means they are interested. First positive step. Now I ask,"How many disks, is it the full run and what is the quality" I hate sets or series with no menu's or commercials and will not trade for them, that's my hangup. If we get past that step and they tell me what they want and that's acceptable, I then state" I can mail to you on friday, when you be able to send." I now have a date agreed upon and a deal is made. The day I send I email the party and say " xyz is on the way, enjoy, Harvey"

If a person tells me one thing and does another, well I never deal with them again, I'm not going to get ulcers and cry over it.

As far as sleeves, I like Jennifer use paper sleeves take from copy machine paper. Have received hundreds of dvds from Jen and there has not been one bad disk. Do use a bubble wrap envelope.

Harvey
Old 07-14-2005, 12:07 PM   #34
Agent 13

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
If a person tells me one thing and does another, well I never deal with them again, I'm not going to get ulcers and cry over it.
Ahhhhhhhhh... Harvey, my friend, if everyone had your character, there would never be any need for bad trader posts.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:30 PM   #35
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Cool I have found that...

Look Ill be honest here... I am a fairly newbie trader... less than a year here.... BUT i have found that most people will be ok if u r honest with them... Ill do what most wont here... and ill ADMIT that i have screwed up in the past..... got way behind due to equipment going down, and i did what EVERY NEWBIE does--- I made up BS excuses and tried to stall--- which only ended up getting people ticked off at me...... and it took awhile to get back on good terms with people.....

so this is my advice for newbies---and all traders-- on trading times--- BE HONEST!!!
if you cant get it done for a month, TELL THEM UP FRONT. dont say a week, if you know itll be a month

and dont get in over your head.... i limit myself not, and if i cant handle it all in a reasonable time frame, then i turn down trades or sales and just
be honest, and say , I CANT DO IT RIGHT NOW,

its better to be upfront, people understand if you are honest, but if you try to stall and BS them, people get mad---
i know a lot of traders who have done the same thing, even some of the GOOD traders on the board--- but we all need to just be straight about it
and YES
stuff happens, people get sick, machines break, master copies have issues, and so on--- so if it happens, let people know, dont wait til they come hounding you about their stuff

and be honest enough to admit it, we all make mistakes, but when u do it takes time to get your rep back!
Old 07-14-2005, 02:10 PM   #36
lilhave

I agree with most of what you say but you make it like honesty is a foreign word. Why must people be told it's better to be honest then not. We are supposed mature adults and want others to treat us as we would treat them. It doesn't seem to work in some cases as some feel it's easier to lie when you don't have to face the person. Either don't respond or make up a excuse like when the teacher asks "where is the homework"? The dog ate it. The good thing these types are few and far between and most are good people who aren't around to just take advantage. Make sure your first trade is small and if hurt, it really doesn't matter. By the way no excuse is acceptable. If my equipment broke down, I was ill, or whatever. I would ask a friend to help out and send the discs out for me but I will not leave anyone hanging. Rmember the best backup you can have is having friends with the same discs you have. Easy to get if a disc goes bad. Also ,try to become friendfs with those you trade with. Jen can tell you that she will always get a email on anything I get with something that might interest her. My comment is do you want? I'm not worried in what I can or will get back. Eventually we break even.

I have about 10 folks I trade with on a continual basis. My phone sytem allows me unlimited calls, local, long distance and Canada. Since I trade with two in Canada I speak just about daily to all of them. I made friends just not traders. So, good traders and feedbacks really don't affect me at all as I have specific wants and have dealt with I believe 3 folks on the board, two on a one time basis but I'm enjoying myself.

Harvey
Old 07-14-2005, 02:28 PM   #37
jasimon1
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to jasimon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
Look Ill be honest here... I am a fairly newbie trader... less than a year here.... BUT i have found that most people will be ok if u r honest with them... Ill do what most wont here... and ill ADMIT that i have screwed up in the past..... got way behind due to equipment going down, and i did what EVERY NEWBIE does--- I made up BS excuses and tried to stall--- which only ended up getting people ticked off at me...... and it took awhile to get back on good terms with people.....

Please don't make generalizations like this! I'm fairly new here and I have never once made up "bs excuses". Life for everyone gets crazy at times and a for the most part, crazy times are unexected. Why ruin your rep with lies? Just be honest. Most people with understand.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:40 PM   #38
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default clarify

I didnt mean all traders do that, just it seems that many people have made that mistake before, and not always on purpose, like u get behind, and hope to get caught up by friday so u say ill shoot to mail it on friday... when its highly unlikely that you can do that..... and sometimes it snowballs,
i was not knocking newbies, as im a newbie.... and most people are fairly honest and dont intend to stretch the truth, but sometimes maybe people trick themselves into thinking they can do the impossible

thanks, BY THE WAY ive had only good trades via this board, all my bad trades were done outside this board
Old 07-14-2005, 02:54 PM   #39
jasimon1
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to jasimon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
and i did what EVERY NEWBIE does--- I made up BS excuses and tried to stall--- :
I just didn't like the bold EVERY
Old 07-14-2005, 07:48 PM   #40
Agent 13

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
...Also ,try to become friendfs with those you trade with...
This is the sort of attitude that keeps me going back to Harvey. He not only acquires shows but is a friend along the way. These are exactly my sentiments! Those that trade with intentions of only acquiring more and more shows will end up losing along the way.

Jen