Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > All Other TV Shows > Commercials

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Punky Brewster Reboot Officially a Go; Freeform Renews Pair of Series
Fri-Yay: Sitcoms in 2020; Peacock Streaming Services Programming Update
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Cable Day 2 - American Dad! 2 Season Renewal, Tacoma FD Season 2 Premiere Date
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Cable Day 1 - Comedy Central, Amazon, Paramount Network and More!
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Showtime and Pop; Will Smith & Martin Lawrence Talk Hit Sitcoms
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: NBC and CBS Includes The Rock Comedy at NBC and The Price Is Right at Night on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 13, 2020)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December/January)

Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One

11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (Blu-ray)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/06 - 9JKL - The Complete Series
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Atlanta - Season 2 - Robbin' Season
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
12/17 - Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Series (2019 Release)
12/17 - The Other Two - Season 1
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-28-2019, 03:08 PM   #1
LaBestia
I Rather Be Watching METV

Default A trip to Toyland a look at commercials for popular toys for Christmas

Now that Christmas is now coming it's time for me to do a little commercial research this time on toy commercials for popular toys that might've been seen on your holiday wish list growing up. And don't forget I might have a special guest come and be an assistant commercial researcher. So come along and take a trip to Toyland with me and enjoy some retro toy commercials
Bestie
Old 11-28-2019, 03:25 PM   #2
LaBestia

Our research begins with a look at She-Ra from 1985. Now i'm sure many of you had this doll on your Christmas list growing up and the very first She-Ra commercial began with an interesting jingle and there were two versions of the commercial and the second version was altered to promote a free She-Ra necklace with a doll purchase. While short-lived She-Ra was best known for being the first action figure for girls as part of the Masters Of The Universe line. With the cartoon in a new version on Netflix the original She-Ra dolls and commercials are very collectible for fans
Bestie
Old 11-30-2019, 03:35 AM   #3
LaBestia

Today we look at Big Jim from 1973 now if you were a young boy who loved GI Joes you probably had a Big Jim action figure on your Christmas list. Big Jim was Mattel's answer to Hasbro's GI Joe line and to market Big Jim Mattel launched a series of commercials featuring Big Jim and his best friend Big Josh as they went on many adventures. There was also vehicles for Big Jim and even his very own horse. Although short-lived Big Jim led the way for Mattel to create more impressive action figures and Big Jim action figures are sought after and if you can find the commercials you'll see how impressive Big Jim really was
Bestie
Old 11-30-2019, 03:24 PM   #4
DadTheKing

Hi, Bestie! WOW! This quite a trip to toyland you are giving us! BTW is there a new She-Ra doll out yet in the Netflix version?
DTK
DadTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:43 AM   #5
LaBestia

We look at one of the most interesting celebrity dolls of 1984. It's the Michael Jackson doll and with an awesome commercial to match this doll was truly a "Thriller" on everyone's wish list. Made by LJN the Michael Jackson doll was released possibly to honor the release of Michael's Thriller album and had an amazing likeness to Michael Jackson himself. The commercial featured three kids dancing their dolls to Michael's songs and showed all the different fashions you could buy for your Michael Jackson doll. Now that Michael Jackson's no longer living this commercial and doll is a must for fans to collect
Bestie
Old 12-03-2019, 03:00 AM   #6
LaBestia

First of all before we look at today's toy this post is dedicated to my good friend Bonniegirl who is a huge doll fan and inspired me to write about today's toy. So Bonnie if you are reading this thank you for writing about Dawn Dolls. Now if you were a girl who loved fashion dolls and playsets you probably had the Dawn Disco Party set on your wishlist for Santa for Christmas. Made in the 70's with a hip commercial Deluxe Reading probably sold a lot of these Dawn playsets for Christmas when they came out and is one of the most scarce Dawn playsets made. The commercial showed Dawn and her friends as they danced the night away. While this set and commercial is fun and rare to see it's surely a great commercial
Bestie
Old 12-04-2019, 02:17 AM   #7
LaBestia

One of the most amazing building sets made with a commercial with music sounding like Double Dare's Obstacle Course round just two words made this building set a must for Santa's Wish List in the 80's. Domino Rally was an interesting concept for a building set that combined building and a domino game all in one. There was many Domino Rally sets made each with a different commercial and there was even a commercial for the Domino Dealer which attached to any Domino Rally set that automatically set your Domino Rally pieces up for you by motorized action. Now isn't that cool? Although still made today the original Domino Rally commercials are a classic
Bestie
Old 12-05-2019, 02:07 AM   #8
LaBestia

If you were a Charlie's Angels fan and watched every episode as a girl you probably had the Hasbro Charlie's Angels dolls on your Christmas list growing up. Introduced in the 70's with a great commercial the Charlie's Angels doll series consisted of three dolls based on the characters Kelly Kris and Sabrina this series and commercial were cool with two girls acting out the Charlie's Angels episodes. There is a second version of the commercial to promote the new Charlie's Angels fashions for the dolls which were authentic fashions taken from episodes of Charlie's Angels. This commercial is very collectible for Charlie's Angels fans
Bestie
Old 12-06-2019, 02:00 AM   #9
LaBestia

In 1992 a fashion doll that was Europe's answer to Barbie made her debut in America and was probably on your Christmas list as a kid. Petra was made by Lundby Of Sweden and had an amazing world and friends including her sister Peggy and her boyfriend Fred. To market Petra in America Lundby Of Sweden made a commercial with two little girls playing with their Barbie dolls and "introducing" Petra to their Barbie dolls with the line "Petra came all the way from Europe to play with Barbie I hope they become good friends" But Petra was pulled from American toy stores due to a lawsuit filed by Lundby Of Sweden against Mattel for using the Barbie name in the commercial without permission. Petra dolls are still sold in Europe today but if you can find the American commercial for Petra it is really rare
Bestie
Old 12-06-2019, 08:12 AM   #10
Willbo
Forum Regular

My wife was obsessed with the Monster High dolls from a few years ago. She bought quite a few of them.
Willbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 02:54 AM   #11
LaBestia

In the 70's when hairplay dolls were all the rage with Ideal's Crissy and Velvet dolls becoming popular Hasbro decided to jump on the hairplay doll bandwagon with Aimee. With a wonderful commercial Aimee was a little girl's dream that made her a must on their Christmas List. With awesome hairplay pieces the Aimee doll hair's could brushed braided or even washed and her extremely large size made Aimee a fun doll to play with. Today Aimee dolls are very collectible and if you find one with outfits it is worth a fortune today
Bestie
Old 12-09-2019, 02:40 AM   #12
LaBestia

"Brooke Shelds she's a beautiful doll" began the commercial for the Brooke Shelds doll. Introduced in 1982 by LJN the Brooke Shelds doll was probably featured on your Christmas list growing up and came with two different outfits plus an autographed photo of Brooke Shelds and a star shaped ring for the buyer of the Brooke Shelds doll. LJN also made Suntan Brooke Shelds dolls and released a whole line of Brooke Shelds doll fashions. Although a slow seller at stores at first the dolls and commercial are collectible today
Bestie
Old 12-12-2019, 03:30 AM   #13
LaBestia

Way before Ree Drummond became everybody's Pioneer Woman there was Jody The Country Girl that debuted in 1974. Made by Ideal Jody The Country Girl was a doll that was for every little girl who dreamed of being a Pioneer Woman growing up and you might've had this doll on your Christmas list. With a wonderful commercial and jingle to match Jody had a bunch of playsets including a general store a country kitchen and a country barn that housed Jody's very own horse and wagon. These dolls and commercials are very wonderful and collectible today
Bestie