Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess
COZI TV's Thanksgiving Weekend Unexpected Guests Marathon; MeTV Salutes Veteran's Day with M*A*S*H
Live in Front of a Studio Audience: All in the Family & Good Times on Dec. 18; NBC Orders More Superstore Episodes
ABC 2019 Holiday Specials and Episodes; E! Sets Date for Reality Sitcom

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-29-2014, 10:13 AM   #106
SageSlowdive
the real hank queen
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
I don't think he committed suicide. He was seen by two completely different people at different times who both knew him well, and both of those people described him as being with the same group of people and in the same vehicle. They also described A.J.'s behavior as being the opposite of his typically outgoing, friendly demeanor.

Now, earlier in this thread someone mentioned that somebody claiming to be a relative of one of the eyewitnesses stated on a certain video hosting site that this individual allegedly did not have a reputation for telling the truth. Whether that's true or not is really none of my concern, but I suppose that does lead me to wonder if the other eyewitness's account was ever publicized anywhere very early on, such as within days or weeks of A.J.'s disappearance. If it was, I would then be given to wonder about when exactly the eyewitness mentioned on the video site began to testify about his seeing A.J.

Nonetheless, in all the articles I have ever read about A.J. Breaux, I've never read anything about financial problems, relationships with shady characters, or the like. That does tend to complicate the abduction theory somewhat. But I still have some gut feeling that those witnesses were telling the truth. I can't explain it fully, but I strongly feel he was in fact abducted.
Eyewitnesses can be wrong as we've seen many times on UM. The fish lady story just doesn't sit well with me.
SageSlowdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:49 PM   #107
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Now, earlier in this thread someone mentioned that somebody claiming to be a relative of one of the eyewitnesses stated on a certain video hosting site that this individual allegedly did not have a reputation for telling the truth. Whether that's true or not is really none of my concern, but I suppose that does lead me to wonder if the other eyewitness's account was ever publicized anywhere very early on, such as within days or weeks of A.J.'s disappearance. If it was, I would then be given to wonder about when exactly the eyewitness mentioned on the video site began to testify about his seeing A.J.
I take those comments with a grain of salt on the forbidden site. The UM segment says that after Kenneth Pelligran came forward with his story, another witness called the lead detective and told him that he also saw AJ in the company of three men in a red car. Both eyewitnesses gave significant details that make me think neither of them are making anything up. Pelligran says he saw him wearing flannel and baggy pants which was very uncharacteristic, and the other eyewitness says that when he waved to AJ, AJ did not wave back when he always had done so beforehand. Plus, his own daughter confirms that both witnesses knew AJ well in the segment.

"It makes me think that definitely somebody knows something. If both of these gentlemen who know him from a good while back, one a lot longer than the other, have seen him, we know that they know what he looks like, and they both saw him in the same color car with three men in it. I’m pretty much convinced that somebody, somewhere knows something."
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:10 PM   #108
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageSlowdive
Eyewitnesses can be wrong as we've seen many times on UM. The fish lady story just doesn't sit well with me.
Sure, and I too don't think the woman who says she saw A.J. selling frozen fish identified the man correctly. But the amount and kind of detail both witnesses described is too much for me to think they were mistaken, or outrightly did not see A.J. with those people in that vehicle and are making it up.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:12 PM   #109
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I take those comments with a grain of salt on the forbidden site. The UM segment says that after Kenneth Pelligran came forward with his story, another witness called the lead detective and told him that he also saw AJ in the company of three men in a red car. Both eyewitnesses gave significant details that make me think neither of them are making anything up.
Right. I just don't see how both those people could provide the kind of detail that they did and manage to have said details match perfectly.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:23 AM   #110
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Didn't AJ own a successful store? Could the motive for his disappearance (and likely murder) be someone who wanted the property?
Old 01-31-2014, 02:55 PM   #111
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Didn't AJ own a successful store? Could the motive for his disappearance (and likely murder) be someone who wanted the property?
He was a long-time (thirty years or so, I think) employee at Earl William's, a men's clothing store in downtown Houma (7873 Main St, if you want to Google Map it--it's still there). It's actually right next door to that drug store featured prominently at the very beginning of the segment. But he didn't own it, no.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:51 PM   #112
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
He was a long-time (thirty years or so, I think) employee at Earl William's, a men's clothing store in downtown Houma (7873 Main St, if you want to Google Map it--it's still there). It's actually right next door to that drug store featured prominently at the very beginning of the segment. But he didn't own it, no.
Oh, well that shoots that theory down. I wonder if he was involved in the community (local politics, etc.) outside of his support group. Or even more possible, I wonder if a member in his support group was involved with organized crime and someone believed AJ knew too much.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:00 PM   #113
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Oh, well that shoots that theory down. I wonder if he was involved in the community (local politics, etc.) outside of his support group. Or even more possible, I wonder if a member in his support group was involved with organized crime and someone believed AJ knew too much.
From what I've gathered, he was a pretty well-known guy in Houma. The beginning of the segment shows him standing outside the store, waving to people he knew as they passed by, and I'm pretty certain I read an article once that attested that this was something he did a lot. I get the sense he was very friendly. I would say it's likely he was involved in other community groups as well. We know for sure he was very committed to his AA group.

I'm sure it was mentioned in the segment and perhaps some pages back, but when police searched A.J.'s car, they found his wallet, checkbook, and $165 or so he was safekeeping for AA. That bothers me a lot.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:58 AM   #114
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
From what I've gathered, he was a pretty well-known guy in Houma. The beginning of the segment shows him standing outside the store, waving to people he knew as they passed by, and I'm pretty certain I read an article once that attested that this was something he did a lot. I get the sense he was very friendly. I would say it's likely he was involved in other community groups as well. We know for sure he was very committed to his AA group.

I'm sure it was mentioned in the segment and perhaps some pages back, but when police searched A.J.'s car, they found his wallet, checkbook, and $165 or so he was safekeeping for AA. That bothers me a lot.
What do you suppose was the motive for AJ's abduction and likely murder? I can't think of one off the top of my head other than some sort of organized crime wanting him out of the way for some unknown reason.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:48 AM   #115
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
What do you suppose was the motive for AJ's abduction and likely murder? I can't think of one off the top of my head other than some sort of organized crime wanting him out of the way for some unknown reason.
Gosh, I don't know. I really don't. I strongly believe both those eyewitnesses are telling the truth, though. I really don't know why a party of unknown men would by all accounts be holding someone hostage who was so well-known and liked in the community.

The only sordid thing in his past was the drinking, and he'd been sober for nearly a decade at the time of his disappearance. I don't think SageSlowdive's theory about falling off the wagon is illogical at all, but by all accounts, he was strongly committed to sobriety and was a very involved member of that AA group. And again, those eyewitness accounts are way too similar.

I really don't know. I'm literally as much at a loss on it as I am about Aileen Conway.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:44 PM   #116
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.
Default Daughters cling to hope for father missing 22 years

Link

Mother Teresa once said, "God doesn't require us to succeed, he only requires that you try."

The quote was a favorite for Adam John Breaux who has been missing for more than 22 years.

One may think Breaux would be proud of his daughters, who have followed those words and never stopped looking for their beloved father even as the search has stretched past two decades.

On Saturday, nearly 100 of Breaux's family members and friends celebrated his life at Jim Bowie Park on Black Drive in Houma, where his car was found the night he became missing.

Breaux's oldest daughter, 48-year-old Melissa Tardo, said the event was also another opportunity to receive some closure.

"Twenty-two years have come and gone, but it still feels like the first year," she said. "We want the public to know, somebody somewhere has to know something, and they've got to come forward. Nobody should have to go through this, nobody."

Tardo said they chose the park because it's the last part of their father they have to hold on to.

"This is the most meaningful place to have it, because it's the last piece of him that we have," she said.

Breaux's three daughters, who organized the rememberance, have called their effort "Project Wish." The daughters, along with their families, wore gray shirts that showed their father's smiling face.

"We never got to have anything for him. We just want to honor him," said Breaux's daughter, Tania Guidry, 46.

Legally declared dead in 1998, Breaux turned 73 on Jan. 14. His daughters originally scheduled the celebration for the Saturday before his birthday, but weather forced them to reschedule. Looking toward the sky, Breaux's youngest daughter Monica Larpenter, 43, told the crowd she believed this was the right day to hold the event because of the perfect weather.

"Thank you God and thank you daddy. If he had anything to do with this ... thank you," Larpenter said.

Family and friends spoke highly of Breaux's character and shared stories of times he had gone out of his way to help them or someone they knew.

"He was a happy person, friendly, always willing to help. He was a joy to be around," Guidry said. "He was always helping other people. You could always count on him for anything."

Lois Arceneaux, Breaux's ex-wife and mother to his daughters, stood by offering support, something she has done for the past 22 years, Larpenter said.

Arceneaux and Breaux had been divorced 17 years when he became missing but remained close friends because of their daughters. His children meant everything to him, and he would never willingly leave them, she said.

"Maybe it's been on somebody's conscious for a long time and maybe they'll come out," she said.

Breaux's disappearance was broadcast to a national audience in 1992 on the show "Unsolved Mysteries." However, like the police's efforts, the episode was unable to bring closure.

Long considered an unsolved homicide by police detectives, the sisters haven't given up.

"We don't have any answers. We don't want people to think the case is closed or anything like that. We want to try and find out what happened. This will keep it fresh in people's mind and hopefully it'll trigue someone's memory," Guidry said.

Breaux, a salesman at the Earl Williams men's clothing store in downtown Houma, vanished Aug. 28, 1991, following an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting at the Easy Does It Club on Bernard Street, near the Southern Oaks Country Club.

At the time he was 50 years old and had been sober for eight years.

"He was a great person and very well known in the community," Guidry said.

His daughters are sure their father, who held down the same job for more than three decades and was heavily involved in the community and committed to his family, didn't just up and leave on his own.

"He came home, he worked in his yard, he ate supper ... If you're planning on leaving, why would you work in your garden?" Larpenter said.

She noted he was also in line to receive an award that weekend during a local AA convention.

During the ceremony, Breaux's daughters and grandchildren grabbed bags of balloons and released into the sky, the wind carrying them across Barrow Street toward La. 311. The family had written Breaux's name and the day he became missing on the balloons in hopes they'll reach someone who can help, Larpenter said.

"You don't know where they're going to go. Hopefully they'll turn up something. We just want the world to know that we haven't forgotten."

If you have any information concerning Breaux's whereabout, contact the Houma Police Department at 873-6371.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:57 AM   #117
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Thanks for that link. Unfortunately they didn't offer much more information that wasn't in the UM segment.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:17 AM   #118
MegtheEgg86

Thanks for posting the article, Zoneboy.

We all have our UM cases that we're especially drawn to. This one is definitely one of mine.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:41 AM   #119
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20...c=pg#gsc.tab=0

Another article written shortly before AJ's family held the memorial for him. It's interesting that their theory is that AJ, being invovled in AA, may have found out some secrets which ultimately led to his death.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:11 AM   #120
dynoguy88

Quote:
http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20...c=pg#gsc.tab=0

Another article written shortly before AJ's family held the memorial for him. It's interesting that their theory is that AJ, being invovled in AA, may have found out some secrets which ultimately led to his death.
I was reading that yesterday and I agree with the daughters that it's probably the most logical possibility.

“Because of his involvement in an organization where people tell their secrets, we feel that he may have accidentally become privy to some personal or private information that he should not have known, either directly or indirectly, and that’s the reason for his disappearance,” Tardo said."

Wrong place, wrong time. I think that makes more sense than suddenly relapsing back to alcohol during those several hours.
dynoguy88 is online now   Reply With Quote