Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Viacom's Comedy Central Renews The Office & Parks and Recreation; E! Gets New Jason Kennedy Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 18, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #121
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostapler
It's just that feeling you get, and then you turn to your mother and say "We've got a winner here".

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:13 PM   #122
Oldschooler81
Forum Regular

I just thought of one watching the Joffree Ramos segment - the marine who was senselessly beaten by some gang members at a party.

Don't get me wrong, it's horrible what happened to the guy (especially when they interviewed him on camera and you could tell how hurt and confused he was and still suffering), and I'm not downplaying that at all. But did anyone think it was a little weird how he left his wallet in the backyard? He and his friends started to leave when he went back to get it, which is when he was attacked.

Why did he leave it there in the first place? Personally I'd never take it out of my pocket especially if I'm in a place where I don't know some people (or in "public" at all), and even if he did realize that, I'd rather get out with my safety than go back for it.

It's even sadder to think he WOULD have gotten away without any harm if he'd had it on him.
Oldschooler81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:07 AM   #123
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschooler81
I just thought of one watching the Joffree Ramos segment - the marine who was senselessly beaten by some gang members at a party. But did anyone think it was a little weird how he left his wallet in the backyard? He and his friends started to leave when he went back to get it, which is when he was attacked. Why did he leave it there in the first place?
Good question. Were they playing poker at this party and he set his wallet out for easy access to his money? Did he spend time with a girl at the party and he had taken a condom from his wallet but forgot to put it back in his pocket when he got dressed? Was he pick-pocketed and realized it as they left, then went back to confront the guys and get his wallet back?
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:06 PM   #124
Oldschooler81
Forum Regular

^ Yeah Tracy, I'm sure there's something they left out, probably because it wasn't important to the story (only a handful of geeks like me will actually care about that stuff, lol). I'd say all those are possibilities, or maybe it was just for comfort.. like if he was doing something in the backyard and forgot about it until he was leaving the first time.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #125
WishfulDreamer

The segment about the interacial couple where the family of the girl has her placed in a juvenile institution for "not obeying their rules" even thought she was OVER 18! And she got sentenced to three YEARS and was forced to give her baby up to reduce time! What kind of bull is that?!

The Massage Parlor case when random people were inside and running around the crime scene- older people, too. I mean, come on, you may be curious but I wouldn't walk onto the scene where evidence can be compromised.

The obese kidnapper who had to have a note- what's classic is that they called it a "cheatsheet".
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:33 AM   #126
WishfulDreamer

The Utterback case, where a man stalked his young ex-girlfriend. When he pulled up alongside her, I wasn't surprised but then he just randomly pulled out a gun and started shooting! And this all the while proclaiming that he loved her and just wanted to get back together. Apparently he was just doing it to scare her into pulling over, but jeez! What if he had hit her? Very disturbing.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:44 AM   #127
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
The Utterback case, where a man stalked his young ex-girlfriend. When he pulled up alongside her, I wasn't surprised but then he just randomly pulled out a gun and started shooting! And this all the while proclaiming that he loved her and just wanted to get back together. Apparently he was just doing it to scare her into pulling over, but jeez! What if he had hit her? Very disturbing.
Even more bizarre are the posts here by people who knew Utterback defending this exact type of behavior. Do a search on his name and you'll see what I mean.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:21 AM   #128
Oldschooler81
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
The segment about the interacial couple where the family of the girl has her placed in a juvenile institution for "not obeying their rules" even thought she was OVER 18! And she got sentenced to three YEARS and was forced to give her baby up to reduce time! What kind of bull is that?!

The Massage Parlor case when random people were inside and running around the crime scene- older people, too. I mean, come on, you may be curious but I wouldn't walk onto the scene where evidence can be compromised.

The obese kidnapper who had to have a note- what's classic is that they called it a "cheatsheet".
Oh yeah, I have that one taped (I haven't seen it discussed on here much, probably because it was solved) and always thought the same thing! Eleanor Platt - I get the feeling she just had rigid, old fashioned parents, even for 50s standards... but you're right, that makes no sense.

Once she was 18, even if she was young, she was legally an adult so they didn't have any grounds to say she couldn't be with John or had to "follow their rules". I'm surprised the courts went along with it, but it was probably a combination of the horribly racist and sexist attitudes of the time, not to mention he was 10 or 11 years older than her. Her dad seemed like the kind of guy you wouldn't wanna cross either!

It's horrible what happened to her being forced to give the baby up too, I'm guessing the system just took advantage of the fact that she was a young woman (and probably disapproved of the relationship with a black guy), people didn't seem to question it as much in those days either.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #129
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

I always thought the case about the guy (Hotard was his last name I think) and the woman who were in a car making love when they were both shot to death by some evil bumpkin with a shotgun always confused me when they interviewed the bumpkin's daughter. She was basically like, "Yeah my parents were evil...and my dad killed them." She wasn't really non-chalant about it or anything, just kind of weird to hear someone say that about their parents.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:31 PM   #130
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
Even more bizarre are the posts here by people who knew Utterback defending this exact type of behavior. Do a search on his name and you'll see what I mean.
I did see that and was pretty disturbed. They tried to say that UM exaggerated things, but I highly doubt they just added in the gun for dramatics I was also freaked out when he started driving away with the door open and making her hang out of the car (and he was going pretty fast!) That would be a terrifying experience. People are inclined to defend their friends, but if one of my friends stalked someone aggressively, knocked them off the road, shot at them, and basically kidnapped them- there would be no way to defend it. They're probably in shock/denial, not wanting to believe it of someone they cared about.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:38 PM   #131
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschooler81
Oh yeah, I have that one taped (I haven't seen it discussed on here much, probably because it was solved) and always thought the same thing! Eleanor Platt - I get the feeling she just had rigid, old fashioned parents, even for 50s standards... but you're right, that makes no sense.

Once she was 18, even if she was young, she was legally an adult so they didn't have any grounds to say she couldn't be with John or had to "follow their rules". I'm surprised the courts went along with it, but it was probably a combination of the horribly racist and sexist attitudes of the time, not to mention he was 10 or 11 years older than her. Her dad seemed like the kind of guy you wouldn't wanna cross either!

It's horrible what happened to her being forced to give the baby up too, I'm guessing the system just took advantage of the fact that she was a young woman (and probably disapproved of the relationship with a black guy), people didn't seem to question it as much in those days either.
Oh, that father was definitely scary! You can't really argue with someone who has a shotgun in hand! I agree that the system definitely took advantage, perpetuating the general discrimination at the time. It's scary to think of just how violent some people were (and probably still are) against interracial relationships.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:19 AM   #132
Corkys-Place
Unsolved Mysteries Fan
Forum Regular

For me a WTH?? moment is any dangerous convicted criminal being released early from Jail or put into a Low security Prison only to escape and re-offend.

2 Cases come to mind:

Ricardo Caputo - This monster brutually murders his Girlfriend in 1970. Three years later he's released with the help of his Female Prison Social Worker named Judy who just happens to become Victim #2. He then goes on to kill 2 more Women in San Francisco & Mexico before eventually turning himself in years later.

Laura Burbank's Killer - Yet another dangerous monster, gets placed in a low security prison and makes a run for it. While on the run several young girls have been kidnapped presumed killed. He's back behind bars now but it's a little too late for the families of these victims.
Corkys-Place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:44 AM   #133
xxxxmattxxxx69
Forum Regular

Not sure if it is mentioned but Greg Webb getting released.

The re-enactment of the Brad Bishop case saying he killed his family at 7PM? He had a 14 year old, 10 and 5 year old son. My 4 year old nephew stays up later than they did.

Joe Maloney escaping from a mental institution after he killed his wife then being released from an Ireland jail because of an extradition treaty between Ireland and USA being void then probably disappearing forever

The Larry George segment(the detective even said "this murder was stupid").
xxxxmattxxxx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:43 AM   #134
Apostapler
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxmattxxxx69
Not sure if it is mentioned but Greg Webb getting released.

The re-enactment of the Brad Bishop case saying he killed his family at 7PM? He had a 14 year old, 10 and 5 year old son. My 4 year old nephew stays up later than they did.

Joe Maloney escaping from a mental institution after he killed his wife then being released from an Ireland jail because of an extradition treaty between Ireland and USA being void then probably disappearing forever

The Larry George segment(the detective even said "this murder was stupid").
I don't remember Joe Maloney, please refresh my memory.
Apostapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:20 PM   #135
xxxxmattxxxx69
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostapler
I don't remember Joe Maloney, please refresh my memory.

Joe Maloney poisoned and killed his wife in 1967 but when taken to court he said he was insane so they kept him at a mental institution but he escaped and then 10 years later(give or take) he was living in Ireland and reported a burglary at his house and the cops wanted to check his finger prints and they discovered he was wanted in the USA but they never had an extradition treaty but he was being held in an Irish jail but then something was void between the Ireland and USA agreement so he walked out of an Irish jail because they couldn't hold him and he hasn't been seen since. This was 1986 I believe
xxxxmattxxxx69 is offline   Reply With Quote