Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-03-2006, 07:30 AM   #46
peachysquirt21
Forum Regular

Yes she was a heavy woman. The one thing that has always stood out to me in this case was Paul not letting anyone from Charlotte's family check that shed. If I remember correctly, her family members saw 2 sets of foot prints walking up to that shed & mentioned that that doors was bulging out. I really believe Charlotte's body was in that shed & that is why Paul wouldnt let her family see what was in that shed. He made a pretty big stink about her family members wanting to look in that shed.
peachysquirt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 01:18 PM   #47
NDAlum2003
Frequent Poster

I watched the episode last night. It was stated that Paul weighed 150 and Charlotte approximately 300, so he would have needed help if he killed her and disposed of her body. Paul claimed that he would have opened the shed doors if asked and claimed he didn't remember being asked. The heavy cleaning of the house by Paul and his parents is suspicious. I wonder if they had something to do with her disappearance. Their alibies should have been checked just like they checked Paul's. I'm also inclined to believe the neighbor (Nancy) who stated that she saw Paul packing boxes and bags in his car that morning.

We've had a few other theories suggested along the lines of that maybe Charlotte faked her death to get away and also that Charlotte's mother did it.
NDAlum2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:53 PM   #48
Dislimb
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum2003
It was stated that Paul weighed 150 and Charlotte approximately 300
Wow, I guess I know what his motive was!
Dislimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:01 PM   #49
Eyespy
First Time Poster

Default Just a thought

I grew up with Paul Pollis in Warren, Ohio and attended the same schools as him. His parents are very respected in the community and were very nice people. Needless to say, I have a hard time believing that the issue of his father being the Trumbull County Corner never came into any of this. Who else would have the resources to dispose of a body that size? I admit, I have not seen this episode, but talk to alot of people that still live in the area and keep me informed on the happenings. Dr. and Mrs. Pollis have had hardships with their sons mainly. The oldest, married to a neighbor, hung himself shortly after getting married. The next son, was forever breaking into his fathers office looking for drugs. Their 2 girls actually turned out to be professionals. Then there is Paul, need I say more. Who knows what lenghths a parent would go to for their children under the circumstances. I pray that this is not the case, but will we ever know.
Eyespy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:36 PM   #50
NDAlum2003
Frequent Poster

This is important information. We had heard that he was a respected physician but if he was also the county coroner that brings new meaning. I had wondered after hearing that his father was a physician about the theory that Paul's parents could have helped him dispose of Charlotte's body. Now that sounds more plausible.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:49 PM   #51
wiseguy182

Here's still more reasons why I think Paul is guilty:

The segment stated that the only thing everyone agreed on was that Charlotte had been to the hospital the night before she disappeared. According to Paul, the next day, she was still in bed resting when her mother called. Her mother was a little bit suprised that she was still in bed and asked if she was ok. According to Paul, not too long after this, he took the kids with him and spent many hours running errands. Now it would seem like if Charlotte was sick enough to the point that she had to go to the hosptial, wouldn't Paul have stayed home looking after her? What if she needed something, and was too sick to get it herself?

Also, I'm not sure if this has been talked about before or not, but Charlotte's purse was found in the house and not even Paul had an explanation for that one. I'm a guy, but it would seem like most women would not go anywhere without their purse. If they did, it would be with the intention that they were coming back for it fairly soon and Charlotte never did come back for it.

Just seems too unlikely that someone would go from being sick, and within several hours, feel fine and get up and leave. None of her friends and family have seen her since which makes me think she didn't disappear by herself.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:00 PM   #52
NDAlum2003
Frequent Poster

Yes. Paul said Charlotte wouldn't go anywhere without her purse.

Also, some others in town substantiated his claim that he was around running errands, but nobody saw the children with him.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:12 PM   #53
Jediknight1823
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger
"local character Paul Pollis."

Wow. I've read thousands of newspaper and magazine articles and have never seen a reference like that.
That reminds me of an episode of The Simpsons where the headline for the newspaper is "Local nut at it again", in reference to Homer.
Jediknight1823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 12:30 PM   #54
NDAlum2003
Frequent Poster

A friend of mine from college grew up in Girard and moved back there this year. I asked him some time ago if he had ever heard the name Paul Pollis and he said he definitely had.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:57 PM   #55
boycamel
Occasional Poster

Default ckarlotte pollis

As charlotte's brother, the daughter was never coached also no one tells about how the daughter underwent hypnosis but was quickly told it could not be used ,as anyone in the field will tell you one can not lie under hypnosis also the allibye paul left on my answering machine never panned out everything he said was false also why would you be freaking out according to his message he left me , call me as soon as you get this message i don't care what time it is i'am really starting to freak out , we been told time after time don't forget who his father is he was the cornor as i said then big whip , his brother and mother and father were there around the clock the night of her dissiparence , the brother even states how he had to bring his mothers stationwagon over that night, also i been involved in law enforcement for many yrs now and have been on top of this case for the last 12 yrs 365 days a yr there is not a move he makes with out me knowing about it example public records
memorial day 2005 he goes to police chief's house with a gun ,Nov 13 2005 Driving violation,Nov 18 2005 2 driving violations and a domestic,nov 21 2005 speeding violation, Dec 12, 2005 appears in court for chief of police case, Jan 9 2006 reckless driving ,Jan 9 2006 court continued ,Jan 20 2006 Domestic ,jan 20 2006 court for police chief ,Jan 25 2006 Speeding,Feb 17 2006 Domestic violence court, Feb 17 2006 operation for disregard for safety, Feb 24 2006,arrested by warren police,Mar 13 2006 sentencing but wasn't able to get his interview with parol board because he was in jail so he gets a continueance,Mar 21 2006Harassment,assault & battery, Apr,5 2006 Hearing for violation of probation,May 1 2006 Fleeing warren police,Mar,27 2006 Failure to comply w/ officer held w/o bond,Mar 27 sentenced for cheif of police recives 5 yrs probation 30 days jail and has to surrender all fire arms to police shall i continue? would any one else keep getting a smack on the wrist ? I highly doubt it we would of been up the river by now with out a paddle , i strongly belive mommy and daddy had alot to do with it being covered up , his brother once told me in court if i was able to get paul and cut his fingers off one by one he would squeel like a rat then refused to finish talking to me by the advise of his attorney ,

Last edited by boycamel; 11-04-2006 at 07:55 PM. Reason: had to add a whole lot more
boycamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 05:39 AM   #56
Dislimb
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boycamel
also his brother is now a registered oriental sex offender
I don't see what the hell that has to do with anything? Plus, that kind of goes against what you said. Wouldn't you think that if "mommy and daddy" were able to cover up something as big as a murder, that they would be able to keep their other son off the registered sex offender list, which is nowhere near the caliber of being accused of a homocide? Seriously, that last little bit you posted made me care nothing about the rest of your post. Sorry!
Dislimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 07:47 PM   #57
boycamel
Occasional Poster

Default charlotte pollis Youngstown Vindicator

NEWS Vindy Basic

Dumping of files prompts concern

Published: Tue, Mar 1, 2005

Story Toolbox: Print Story Email Friend Discuss this story

The mayor says he's sure the police were careful.

GIRARD Several police files tossed into a trash bin will be reviewed one more time, just to be sure they're no longer needed, Mayor James J. Melfi said.

The records had been locked in a room since the police department relocated three years ago from its former Main Street quarters to the first floor of the new justice center, Melfi said.

Police reviewed the files over time to satisfy themselves they weren't active cases, were duplicate records or just weren't needed, he said. "We were careful."

Remodeling ongoing in city hall resulted in these files including "hundreds of mug shots" from the 1950s, '60s and '70s getting dumped over the weekend.

"It's material that should have been thrown out years ago but wasn't," Melfi said. "Just junk."

Janitor had permission

The mayor stressed that a janitor had permission to dispose of the material as remodeling goes on at that end of the building, which is attached to the justice center.

The city doesn't have a shredder that can handle such a large amount of paperwork, the mayor explained. Also, the bulk of the material was grant applications, old schedules and nonconfidential police material, he said.

The family of a missing Girard woman, however, learned of their disposal and expressed concern. Some of the documents are from the case of Charlotte Nagi Pollis, reported missing in March 1994.

The Nagi Pollis documents in the trash bin are believed to be duplicates already contained in the two or three large storage boxes police are keeping in the case, which does remain open, Melfi explained.

Her brother Ali Nagi Jr. brought the matter to authorities' attention.

Now, the trash bin is locked, and the items inside will get another review, Melfi said. "We're going to make sure that nothing was overlooked. It's that simple."
boycamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 07:58 PM   #58
crystaldawn

boycamel I believe you mentioned you were Charlotte's brother. Can you tell us whether Layla Pollis and her grandmother are still missing? Thanks!

http://www.forthelost.org/family/lpollis.html
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:48 AM   #59
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Well to Charlotte's brother. I dont blame you for being mad and angry and hurt and all that. I cant imagine what that feels llike to have your sister disappear and never return. Most of the people on here think Paul Pollis is a scumbag including myself. However at the same time I agree with dislimb the fact that Pollis's brother is a sex offender really doesnt mean squat. It certainly doesnt determine whether he is a bad person or not. I am glad you posted on here. However it seems that you are a bit paranoid about the whole system. You seem to think there is some kind of massive cover up by not only Paul Pollis and his parents but also by the police and the local government. The thing is did Paul murder your sister? He probably did. Did he need the help of probably two individuals at least to dispose of her body? Yes. Could these be his parents? Yes. However unlike his parents Paul seemed to hardly be a respected member of the community. The police didnt seem to think too highly of him so I dont know why they would be covering his behind. The thing is it is hard to convict someone of murder without a body. Sometimes people get convicted without one but other times there is an acquittal only for the b ody or evidence to be found afterwards and then that person cannot be re-tried. That is why Paul has not been tried. If he was acquitted and then the body was found they could not re-try him. It appears he might be going to prison this time for that money laundering thing so at least he is doing a few years. Hopefully you find the answers you are looking for and find peace at some point.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 11:11 AM   #60
WatchYourLips
Frequent Poster

Saying that being a "sex offender really doesn't mean squat" is one of the stupidest things I've read one these boards in a long time. I don't know what his particular crime was, but in general, sex offenders commit some of our most heinous crimes. Bundy, Gacy and BTK etc. were all sex offenders. Of course, some sex offenses are minor, but in general, if we publically hung many of these people, our world would be a better place.
WatchYourLips is offline   Reply With Quote