Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Politics / Random Posts

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Music

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Music Alanis Morissette's 'Jagged Little Pill' Musical is Officially Coming to Broadway

Alanis Morissette's 'Jagged Little Pill' Being Made into Broadway Musical
November 8, 2013
by Nicole Eggenberger

Maybe Dave Coulier can star? Alanis Morissette's 'Jagged Little Pill' album is being made into a Broadway musical. A Friday, Nov. 8 press release announces that a workshop production of 'Jagged Little Pill' will hit the stage in 2014.

The musical will feature the full track list from the 39-year-old singer's 1995 album, as well as other songs from throughout Morissette's career and original ones for the show.

'Jagged Little Pill' will be produced by Vivek J. Tiwary and Arvind Ethan David, and Tom Kitt will be provide the orchestrations and arrangements.

"I look forward to taking the heart of Jagged Little Pill and expanding its story, fleshing it out into ever deeper layers of emotionality, specificity, humanity, power, physicality, spirit and fabulism," Morissette said in a statement.

"I look forward to collaborating with Vivek and Tom and our whole inspiring team to create something greater than the sum of our parts."

'Jagged Little Pill' was Morissette's third studio album and includes hit songs like 'Ironic', 'Hand in My Pocket' and the jilted-love song 'You Oughta Know', which "Full House" actor Coulier believes to be about his past relationship with the singer.

The album sold over 33 million copies worldwide and produced six hit singles. To this day, 'Jagged Little Pill' is still the best-selling debut release by a female artist in the U.S. and highest-selling debut album worldwide in music history.

Morissette also became the youngest artist in history to win the Grammy for Album of the Year at the age of 21.

"Jagged Little Pill was a triumph of self-expression -- an album that was impossible to ignore with its massive sound and raw honesty. I'm proud to be working with Alanis to bring that same emotional power and bravery onto a Broadway stage," producer Tiwary said.

"We need more Broadway musicals with a serious, relatable emotional core and strong female voices. So we're looking forward to honoring the Jagged Little Pill legacy -- while still surprising fans with some unexpected twists."

David added, "Alanis' songs have always uniquely combined narrative clarity with dramatic power-- bringing them to the Broadway stage feels like bringing them home."

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainm...usical-2013811
Attached Images

Last edited by JamesG; 01-28-2019 at 06:04 PM.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 03:00 PM   #2
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Alanis Morissette's 'Jagged Little Pill' Musical to Debut in 2018
by Nick Romano
May 30, 2017

It was in 2013 that Alanis Morissette revealed plans to adapt 'Jagged Little Pill', her iconic 1995 album, for the stage. Now we have more details on the hotly anticipated affair, including a debut window and the involvement of Oscar-winning screenwriter Diablo Cody and Tony-winning director Diane Paulus.

The production will debut in May 2018 at the American Repertory Theater in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Paulus (Pippin, Finding Neverland) will direct, with a book written by Cody (Juno) and orchestrations and arrangements from Tom Kitt (the Green Day musical American Idiot).

Vivek J. Tiwary, Arvind Ethan David, and Eva Price are also on board as producers.

'Ironic,' 'You Oughta Know,' and 'Hand in My Pocket' are some of the tracks already confirmed for the musical, but other hits from Morissette’s larger body of work will also be incorporated.

According to a press release, Cody is working closely with Morissette to craft a story revolving around “a modern and multi-generational family and their complex dynamics, touching on issues of gender identity and race.

The writer added in a statement, “I am so excited to tell a modern story through these iconic songs. Alanis’s music is full of powerful narratives that lend themselves organically to this process.

This team that has come together for this Jagged Little Pill musical is my musical theater dream come true,” Morissette said.

The chemistry between all of us is crackling and I feel honored to be diving into these songs again, surrounded by all of this searing talent. Diablo and Diane are already taking these deeply personal songs that are part of my soul’s marrow to a whole other level of hope, freedom, and complexity.

Jagged Little Pill defined a generation and yet the raw, emotional honesty of Alanis’s songs feels more needed now than ever,” Paulus said.

I am thrilled to be collaborating with Alanis and Diablo to unlock the theatrical power of this album.

http://ew.com/theater/2017/05/30/ala...-musical-2018/
Old 01-28-2019, 06:02 PM   #3
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Alanis Morissette Musical Jagged Little Pill is Officially Coming to Broadway
by Jessica Derschowitz
Jan. 28, 2019

We’re here to remind you that there’s a musical based on the songs of Alanis Morissette, and it’s officially making its way to Broadway.

Producers announced Monday that Jagged Little Pill will open in New York next fall. The new musical, inspired by the 1995 hit album of the same name, features music by Morissette and Grammy winner Glen Ballard, and a book by Oscar-winning writer Diablo Cody (Juno, Tully).

Tony winner Diane Paulus, whose credits include Waitress and Pippin, will direct the production.

The story focuses on a suburban family, the Healys, who must choose between maintaining their seemingly picture-perfect life or facing the truths about themselves and the world around them.

This process, and what this process has yielded artistically and collaboratively, has been nothing short of a revelation, a balm and an arrival for me,” Morissette said in a statement.

It is a culmination of so much of what my life’s work has been oriented toward. To work with Diablo Cody, whose heart is as open as her mind is bright and brave, has taken this record — which has meant so much to me — to a whole other level of depth, meaning, and natural activism. Touching on topics that keep me up at night for how deeply I care about them, Diablo’s at once fierce, sensitive, and hilarious voice — and her willingness to stay and deepen the course through this journey of creation has been one of the greatest gifts of my life…

This process is tinged with giddiness, terror, surrender, wild passion, joy, and light.

Added Cody, “I could not be more thrilled to be making my Broadway debut with the support of this incredible team and of course, my hero, Alanis Morissette. Writing Jagged Little Pill has been the most fulfilling and emotional creative experience of my life, and I am so excited to share it with as many people as possible.

Jagged Little Pill’s Broadway debut comes after the musical played a well-received out-of-town run at the American Repertory Theater in Cambridge, Mass., last summer.

Additional details on the Broadway cast, which theater it will be staged in, and when performances will begin were not specified.

https://ew.com/theater/2019/01/28/al...pill-broadway/
Attached Images

Old 05-03-2019, 01:46 PM   #4
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Alanis Morissette's 'Jagged Little Pill' Musical Sets Broadway Premiere Date
by Nick Romano
May 3, 2019

Jagged Little Pill, the Broadway-bound musical based on Alanis Morissette’s hit album of the same name, has finally set a date.

True to their previous word of a fall bow, producers Vivek J. Tiwary, Arvind Ethan David, and Eva Price announced Friday that the production will begin preview performances on Nov. 3 at the Broadhurst Theatre in New York.

The official opening night will come a month later on Dec. 5.

Directed by Diane Paulus (Waitress) with lyrics by Morissette and an original story written by Diablo Cody, Jagged Little Pill tells of the Healy family through the themes and emotion of Morissette’s seminal album.

When the cracks begin to show beneath the surface of their seemingly picture-perfect life, this suburban family unit must choose to either maintain the status quo or face some harsh truths.

The musical, which first ran at the American Repertory Theater in Cambridge, Mass. last summer, features lyrics by Morissette and music by Morissette and Grammy winner Glen Ballard.

That includes songs like “You Oughta Know,” “Head Over Feet,” “Hand In My Pocket,” and “Ironic.”

Tickets for Jagged Little Pill go on sale May 23, at 10:00 a.m. ET at Telecharge.com.

Pre-sale tickets will be available earlier to members of the Jagged Little Pill fan club from 10:00 a.m. ET on May 6 to 9:59 a.m. ET on May 8, American Express cardholders from 10:00 a.m. ET on May 8 to 9:59 a.m. ET on May 16, and Audience Rewards from 10:00 a.m. ET on May 16 and 9:59 a.m. ET on May 23.

https://ew.com/theater/2019/05/03/al...premiere-date/
Old 05-08-2019, 10:13 PM   #5
Babalu

It's not bad enough that most Broadway musicals are now greatest hits shows, now we're down to one album.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:14 PM   #6
tlc38tlc38
Every day’s a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu View Post
It's not bad enough that most Broadway musicals are now greatest hits shows, now we're down to one album.
I’m not saying I disagree with you but it was an awesome album.
Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:41 PM   #7
Babalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38 View Post
I’m not saying I disagree with you but it was an awesome album.
Yes it is and I do have it, but it's still a comedown from the glory days of Broadway. I am going to see Ain't Too Proud (The Temptations Show) at the end of the month, mostly to make the little lady happy.
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:43 PM   #8
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Advertisement that I recently received in the mail: