Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2010s Sitcoms > One Mississippi

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-09-2017, 09:10 PM   #1
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Default Tig Notaro now feels “trapped” by her association with Louis CK

http://www.vulture.com/2017/11/tig-n...louis-c-k.html

In The New York Times’ bombshell story, Notaro said she learned about Louis CK’s alleged harassment soon after selling One Mississippi to Amazon with Louis CK on board as executive producer. Notaro felt an obligation to him because he released her 2012 comedy album, giving her career a big boost. “He knew it was going to make him look like a good guy, supporting a woman,” she says. “Sadly, I’ve come to learn that Louis C.K.’s victims are not only real,” she said by email, “but many are actual friends of mine within the comedy community,” she says, noting that one of his accusers, comedian Rebecca Corry, is a friend of hers. Notaro also confirms that One Mississippi's second season is a fictional treatment of the Louis CK allegations, including the masturbation scene. "We wanted to show that you can be assaulted without even being touched," she told The Times.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:58 PM   #2
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

FX Cuts Ties with Louis C.K. Following Sexual Misconduct
by Lesley Goldberg
Nov. 10, 2017

FX is cutting ties with Louis C.K. following the comedian and producer's sexual misconduct.

Quote:
Today, FX Networks and FX Productions are ending our association with Louis C.K. We are cancelling the overall deal between FX Productions and his production company, Pig Newton. He will no longer serve as executive producer or receive compensation on any of the four shows we were producing with him – "Better Things", "Baskets", "One Mississippi" and "The Cops".

Louis has now confirmed the truth of the reports relating to the five women victimized by his misconduct, which we were unaware of previously. As far as we know, his behavior over the past eight years on all five series he has produced for FX Networks and/or FX Productions has been professional.

However, now is not the time for him to make television shows. Now is the time for him to honestly address the women who have come forth to speak about their painful experiences, a process which he began today with his public statement.

FX Networks and FX Productions remain committed to doing everything we can to ensure that all people work in an environment that is safe, respectful and fair, and we will continue our review of all of these productions to ensure that was and is the case.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...onduct-1057201
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:35 PM   #3
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Tig Notaro called Louis CK’s removal as One Mississippi executive producer “a huge relief”
“I found this out right after we sold the show — that this was happening,” Notaro said this morning on The View. “And I started publicly trying to distance myself from him for almost two years now. And then when this all came out, even though I knew firsthand from people, it wasn’t my place to call out names. It’s somebody else’s story, and so it’s for them to directly speak about.”
Old 05-19-2018, 12:47 AM   #4
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Tig Notaro talks about a potential Louis CK comeback and his defenders saying he isn't as bad as Harvey Weinstein
Six months after Louis CK's downfall, Notaro reflects on his name being on her Amazon show One Mississippi: "One of the most powerful people in comedy was executive producer on the show, and the networks and studios were excited to have him," she says. "I meanwhile had found out he’s not who I thought he was, and so I wanted that separation." Regarding talk of a potential comeback of Louis CK and other #MeToo sexual harassers, Notaro says: "You know what? If any of these people come back, I would say, 'I can’t wait to see who is actually going to support them.' That is going to be the glaring horror. Who is going to be, like, 'This is a pressing issue, and we need to get them back?'" Adding that people are blinded by fame and power, she adds: "Every time I turn around I’m surprised. You think somebody is the most progressive, powerful person and then they’re like: 'Well, this guy didn’t really do much. It’s not Harvey Weinstein.' Yes, but put yourself in the mind-set of somebody walking around masturbating in front of people. Who is that?"