Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #61
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuenSolen
Note:*points up and to the left* Thought I'd finally put up an avatar photo. What do you think? ;P
I was gonna make a comment on it even before I saw your note at the bottom of the post.

MEGADETH GUY!!!!! Totally creeped me out!
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #62
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

I watched the "Disappeared" show about Amy the other day, and I just don't see how Steve Bechtel could be responsible. He was rock climbing with a friend during the time Amy disappeared. The friend confirmed this, and law enforcement (Dave King) still didn't believe it! King flat out says in his interview that no one could confirm that Steve was rock climbing where he says he was, other than his friend giving a receipt to a gas station in the area where they were climbing...wouldn't this be enough to establish an alibi? It's not like the friend of Steve's denied being with him that day, he confirmed it!

The other big thing that makes me thing Steve is innocent is he and Amy just bought a house. This would have been one of the happiest moments in both of their lives. For one, I don't see why Steve would have wanted to kill Amy, since there has never been a motive presented. Also, how would Steve have been able to afford his house if Amy was missing? It's not like there was a large life insurance policy taken out on her, and even if there was, Steve did not try to get her legally declared dead until years after she went missing. I think the focus of the investigation zeroed in on him, despite the fact that he had an alibi for the day, and this is what ultimately led to him not cooperating with law enforcement. I think the focusing on Steve as the prime suspect is what led this case to remain unsolved to this day.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #63
Steve_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I watched the "Disappeared" show about Amy the other day, and I just don't see how Steve Bechtel could be responsible. He was rock climbing with a friend during the time Amy disappeared. The friend confirmed this, and law enforcement (Dave King) still didn't believe it! King flat out says in his interview that no one could confirm that Steve was rock climbing where he says he was, other than his friend giving a receipt to a gas station in the area where they were climbing...wouldn't this be enough to establish an alibi? It's not like the friend of Steve's denied being with him that day, he confirmed it!

The other big thing that makes me thing Steve is innocent is he and Amy just bought a house. This would have been one of the happiest moments in both of their lives. For one, I don't see why Steve would have wanted to kill Amy, since there has never been a motive presented. Also, how would Steve have been able to afford his house if Amy was missing? It's not like there was a large life insurance policy taken out on her, and even if there was, Steve did not try to get her legally declared dead until years after she went missing. I think the focus of the investigation zeroed in on him, despite the fact that he had an alibi for the day, and this is what ultimately led to him not cooperating with law enforcement. I think the focusing on Steve as the prime suspect is what led this case to remain unsolved to this day.
We just don't know the timeline which might give Steve an alibi because it's never been published to my knowledge. Had Steve and Amy bought the house outright or had they made a downpayment which Steve,like the Neil Entwistle case could not possibly have maintained?

Notwithstanding there doesn't seem to be a motive on Steve's part except that he may have got tired of her,but then again why not just divorce or have the marriage annulled as young people often do these days. And of course there's Dale Eaton lurking in the background,whom it would be foolish to rule out.
Steve_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #64
Jediknight1823
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_uk
And of course there's Dale Eaton lurking in the background,whom it would be foolish to rule out.
I saw on Websleuths that most investigators have ruled Steve out and think Eaton was guilty. Of course the original investigators still think Steve did it. I'm of the mind that Eaton did it. He was in that area, he would have taken that road (as per his own brother), and he's done it before.

Unless Eaton confesses (which probably won't happen), or pulls a Howard Epps from Bones, I don't think we'll know what happened to her.
Jediknight1823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #65
saywhat
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediknight1823
I saw on Websleuths that most investigators have ruled Steve out and think Eaton was guilty. Of course the original investigators still think Steve did it. I'm of the mind that Eaton did it. He was in that area, he would have taken that road (as per his own brother), and he's done it before.

Unless Eaton confesses (which probably won't happen), or pulls a Howard Epps from Bones, I don't think we'll know what happened to her.
Yes. I never thought that Steve was involved in her disappearance, and the information about Eaton made me even more convinced of the likelihood of Steve's innocence.
saywhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:26 AM   #66
wonderwall
Frequent Poster

This case is one I would really love getting an update on some day. I re-watched the Disappeared episode recently, and it made me think more about the case in general. If I had to make a guess, I really don't think Steve had anything to do with Amy's disappearance. I feel like the neighbor's alibi for Steve is pretty solid (he has never reneged it to my knowledge). And although I do not blame Amy's family for having seemingly negative feelings towards Steve (at least that is how it seemed on Disappeared), I think a lot of the guilt attributed towards him was him was a result of him trying to protect himself as well (not taking a lie detecter test, etc.). However, I would be very interested in knowing if there is more to it than what we know. If you look at the (dated) article below, Amy's family (the Wroes) are split: brother thinks he did it and brought the theory up first; Mom is not accusing him but not dismissing him; And the sister (sisters?) has not voiced an opinion either way, but the brother's quote alludes to that she have never implicated or accused Steve. And the Bechtels and Wroes are not friendly.

I also did some internet searching, and it seems as though Steve has remained in Lander and has built a successful climbing gym (http://lmntl.net/), and is remarried to a woman who is a coach at the gym. Didn't want to be too nosy in terms of actually posting it as she is not at all involved in the case, but if you google his wife's name, you can find a lengthy interview she did on her life and climbing. As I see her and Amy, Steve definitely has a type!

It may seem naive of me, but the way he stayed in such a small town, has been successful, and has remarried a seemingly smart and alert individual gives weight to my opinion that he did not have anything to do with Amy's disappearance. I think, if he were guilty, he would have left Lander, or at the very least, he wouldn't have community support behind him that he seems to have. I do think it is interesting/a bit peculiar that, as of 2005, he and his wife were living in the house Steve and Amy purchased together.

See article below (highlighted the stuff I found interesting)
-------------------------------
Few answers in 1997 disappearance
Runner's family irked at husband; others defend him

By Joe Garner, Rocky Mountain News
July 23, 2005

One indisputable fact is that Amy Wroe Bechtel disappeared July 24, 1997.

Eight years ago Sunday, she was last seen in Lander, the central Wyoming town where she had moved with Steven Bechtel, her husband of 13 months, to join a community of ardent high- country athletes. Wearing black shorts and running shoes, she stopped at an art gallery about 2:30 p.m. to discuss matting one of her photographs.

And then the 24-year-old, petite, blond Olympic marathon hopeful vanished.

Steven Bechtel, a rock-climber who is now 35, refused to be interviewed by investigators after he felt initial questioning turned accusatorial. He also refused to take a lie-detector test on the advice of his lawyer. He did not return calls from the Rocky Mountain News to be interviewed for this story.

His refusal to cooperate with authorities frustrates the Wroe family, who accuse him of being selfish, even heartless, not to tell what he knows.

"The way Steve is not helping points to Steve, but it doesn't rule out the possibility that it also could be someone else," said JoAnne Wroe, 63, mother of the missing woman.

"I do not know if Steve had anything to do with Amy's disappearance," she said.
"However, Steve is the one who could be most helpful if he would sit down and talk about Amy's last hours, days and weeks."

The ties between the Wroe and Bechtel families have long since unraveled in grief, anger and disillusionment. The Wroes never have held a memorial service for their daughter and sister, while Steve Bechtel had his wife declared legally dead last year and then remarried.

To the FBI and the Fremont County Sheriff's Department, the case remains as active today as the night when Steve Bechtel reported his wife had not come home from a run.

"In my opinion, Steve was the only suspect when she disappeared, and Steve is the only suspect now," former Sheriff Larry Mathews said. "There are no other suspects who had the motive or the opportunity."

Defenders are confident

But Steve Bechtel has a cadre of defenders, beginning with Marit Fischer, 33, a former Denver woman who met him in Lander on the Labor Day weekend after Amy vanished. Introduced through friends, Fischer and Steve Bechtel gradually began a relationship that lasted on and off for six years.

"I am absolutely 100 percent confident that Steve had nothing to do with Amy's disappearance," said Fischer, a triathlete who relocated from Lander to Salt Lake City to resume her career in writing and public relations after they separated.

In public, "Steve needed to stay positive and upbeat," she said. But, in private, "he was carrying the weight of her loss on his shoulders and trying to keep up the search for her," which soon moved from the Shoshone National Forest, where she may have gone running, to computer screens that tracked countless leads to nil.

"The fact that we started a relationship some would say so soon after her disappearance doesn't diminish the pain he felt and still feels about (Amy's) disappearance," she said. "He was torn inside and devastated. I really believe there were nights, when we talked for hours, that I stopped him from killing himself."

Early in the relationship, before she moved to Lander, Fischer lived in an apartment on Denver's Capitol Hill and worked for Women's Sports and Fitness, a magazine then published in Boulder.

Sometimes, Steve Bechtel would come to Denver, where they could lose themselves in the city like any other attractive young couple, away from small-town eyes that tracked him in Lander as the handsome husband whose wife had vanished.

During her years with Steve Bechtel, there never was abuse or threats, Fischer said.

"Sometimes, things just don't work out," she said. "But I still support Steve."

She returned to her career, and he married a blond runner who works part time at Wild Iris Mountain Sports, the same sporting goods store where he and Amy took jobs when they first arrived in Lander.

Steve and Ellen Bechtel live in the house he and Amy purchased a few days before she vanished.

"Steve wouldn't be with a woman who wasn't an athlete," Fischer said. "We have to give Ellen credit for being Ellen, not a replacement for Amy."

Steve operates a fitness center and "is very much a respected member of the community," said Mike Lilygren, 36, who was Bechtel's roommate and climbing partner when Bechtel met his future wife Amy at the University of Wyoming.

Staying put

"Steve and Amy had been married just about a year, and they seemed to be very much in love," said Tom Bechtel, 70, a Casper architect who is Steve Bechtel's father.

Buying the Lander house seemed evidence to him that the marriage was solid, the father said.

In a series of late-night calls, Steve Bechtel notified their families of her disappearance. He also called on his mountain-savvy friends in Lander, including staff members from the well-respected National Outdoors Leadership School. They set out into the summer night to find her, before authorities launched a search.

The couple's friends went looking for an injured runner, not for a crime victim.

When searchers found her white Toyota station wagon at about 1 a.m. on a road through the Shoshone National Forest, it became the de facto command post for the widening search, with any potential clues of a crime obliterated - if a crime had been committed.

Inside the car were some keys, her $120 sunglasses and a to-do list, with four of its 13 items checked off. At the bottom of the list, she had written notes about the road, suggesting she might have driven the Toyota herself while scouting the route for a 10K run she was organizing.

No other evidence was ever found: no sign that she actually had arrived in the car, no verifiable tracks, no shreds of cloth, no blood stains.

As the investigation progressed, searchers found no evidence of a wild-animal attack, no clues to a kidnapping and no corpse.

"From the beginning, I had strong support for Steve, and then things got more and more tense," said Jenny Newton, 35, the sister closest in age to Amy. "I tried to encourage him to cooperate with law enforcement."

But, "While a typical, normal loving husband will do anything to find his wife, (Steve Bechtel) got lawyered up," said Mathews, the former sheriff.

And not just any lawyer, but rock-climbing lawyer Kent Spence, son of high-profile defense lawyer Gerry Spence, of Jackson, Wyo.

Steve Bechtel presented himself through surrogates as the target of a police conspiracy to cover up their shoddy work.

"There has been a failure by the Fremont County Sheriff's Department and the FBI to follow up on leads," the senior Bechtel said. "Except those that point to Steven."

While investigators said Steve Bechtel has not asked about progress in the case for years, Bechtel's father said his son would be willing to answer their questions, with Spence present.

"He's innocent," the senior Bechtel said. "He's going to stay there and make Lander his home."

Not knowing hurts family

Nels Wroe, 36, of Longmont, thinks of angels when he thinks of his missing sister. She had a collection of angels, but their smiling faces don't capture his sister's grit, independence and determination.

Amy asked Nels Wroe, in the role of older brother, to speak at her wedding. Nels Wroe consented, but reluctantly.

To Nels Wroe, his brother-in-law-to-be presented himself as charming, entertaining and "your best friend from the moment you meet him." But, Wroe also sensed Steve Bechtel was distant, obsessed with Amy and manipulative to keep himself the focus of attention.

Wroe was the first of the family to voice doubts about Steven Bechtel after Amy disappeared.

"My sisters didn't accept that Steve could have had anything to do with it," he said.

Casey Lee, the missing woman's oldest sister, plans a quiet observance of her sister's disappearance Sunday.

"I'll probably do what I do every year," Lee said. "Go out on the lake and say a prayer."

"I wish I could accept that she was dead or just missing," she said. "I wish it was as simple as that.

"Sometimes, in my dreams, I have closure that she is dead, and, sometimes, in my dreams, I have closure she has come back. It doesn't end.

"It would be wonderful if I knew what happened to her."
wonderwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:45 AM   #67
WishfulDreamer

I just reviewed the Disappeared episode last night myself. I think that Steve is probably innocent. There's really nothing to say he did it. Sure when he phoned police initially he wasn't freaked out, but his wife had only been gone a few hours at that point. When he made the call, both Steve and the neighbors were pretty sure Amy had slipped running or was out of gas or something as she had made the run so many times. And innocence doesn't necessarily equal big emotion.

I think Eaton is a likely suspect here. After killing Lisa Kimmell, maybe this time he decided he would hide the body of any future victim to avoid having it be traced back to him. It really seems that someone snatched her while she ran, as all of her belongings were in the car. I think they got her into a vehicle and drove far enough away that they haven't found her yet. If they had killed and buried her in the vicinity of the path she rain, I think S&R would have found her by now, especially because they used search dogs.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:12 PM   #68
Steve_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
I just reviewed the Disappeared episode last night myself. I think that Steve is probably innocent. There's really nothing to say he did it. Sure when he phoned police initially he wasn't freaked out, but his wife had only been gone a few hours at that point. When he made the call, both Steve and the neighbors were pretty sure Amy had slipped running or was out of gas or something as she had made the run so many times. And innocence doesn't necessarily equal big emotion.

I think Eaton is a likely suspect here. After killing Lisa Kimmell, maybe this time he decided he would hide the body of any future victim to avoid having it be traced back to him. It really seems that someone snatched her while she ran, as all of her belongings were in the car. I think they got her into a vehicle and drove far enough away that they haven't found her yet. If they had killed and buried her in the vicinity of the path she rain, I think S&R would have found her by now, especially because they used search dogs.
It's very mysterious when I recall this case again and upon further scrutiny one wonders why Amy left her keys in the car,though one is unsure as to whether they were the ignition keys to the vehicle or her own house keys,yet the wallet had vanished. The fictional stories written by Steve are disturbing,as is his attitude towards law enforcement in not wishing to become more involved: if I had lost someone I loved I would be pestering the authorities daily until some new lead emerged.http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bechtel_amy.html
Steve_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:17 PM   #69
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_uk
It's very mysterious when I recall this case again and upon further scrutiny one wonders why Amy left her keys in the car,though one is unsure as to whether they were the ignition keys to the vehicle or her own house keys,yet the wallet had vanished. The fictional stories written by Steve are disturbing,as is his attitude towards law enforcement in not wishing to become more involved: if I had lost someone I loved I would be pestering the authorities daily until some new lead emerged.http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bechtel_amy.html
Steve corresponds with the police more now. But I can see why he didn't pester the police daily. S&R worked really hard to see if she was in the area. The police were investigating with pretty intense scrutiny. Even though the case is cold, it's really not going to help to push them. I don't think the PD in this case neglected the case at all. It seems they're still paying a good deal of attention to it.

I think the writing is taken out of context and doesn't necessarily indicate anything nefarious on Steve's part. I write stories and some of them are quite dark. However, the Disappeared episode had an interview with Amy's brother and he said there were disturbing things written about his sister. THAT part is something I'm much more curious about. I still believe Steve is not guilty. I think Amy was abducted by a stranger (possibly Eaton) and taken from the area.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:38 AM   #70
Hambone2421

I believe Steve to be innocent. Some have pointed to his refusal to take a polygraph as his guilt. Please. I wouldn't take a polygraph either even if I was 100% innocent.

I know he has moved on and re-married but the not knowing must get to him every now and then. Just wanting to know what happened.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 05:16 PM   #71
SheRaaa
Forum Regular

I recently watched Amy's case on Disappeared and have a few observations:

-Steve is most definitely a grade-A douche, but I don't think he killed his wife. There is a semi-decent alibi, no "other woman" that we know of, no life insurance policy, etc. Plus, Amy seemed to allow him to kind of do whatever he wanted, so I don't think Amy was crimping his lifestyle or anything.

-Steve did not appear on Disappeared....also his really-freakin'-weird 911 call to report Amy missing, compared to his general jerk-ish behavior, would definitely give investigators reason to suspect him. If they did have tunnel vision, I can't say that I'd blame them too badly...after all, a wife goes missing, husband is a narcissistic weirdo, husband displays a bunch of odd behavior, etc...not difficult to see why tunnel vision might happen in this case.

-The Disappeared show said both Steve and Amy were "working part-time at a sporting good store" at the time of Amy's disappearance. Did they also have full-time jobs, or how were they supporting themselves? Was Lander *that* cheap in the 90s?!

-Early on, investigators had few leads but said there were persistent rumors of a hit-and-run...they even took in a car and tried to search it for evidence but said they didn't find any. I wonder who these suspects were (Disappeared only mentioned they were Native American)? Were they ever mentioned on UM?

-The whole Dale Wayne Eaton thing...whoa! Was THIS ever mentioned on UM?!
SheRaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 09:45 PM   #72
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheRaaa
-The Disappeared show said both Steve and Amy were "working part-time at a sporting good store" at the time of Amy's disappearance. Did they also have full-time jobs, or how were they supporting themselves? Was Lander *that* cheap in the 90s?!
When interviewed on UM, Steve mentioned that Amy wanted them to live a carefree life and work when older. I'm pretty sure they didn't work full-time, or at least it wasn't mentioned. Maybe they had savings from previous jobs and some family money? I'm also surprised that they were able to pull this off.

Quote:
-Early on, investigators had few leads but said there were persistent rumors of a hit-and-run...they even took in a car and tried to search it for evidence but said they didn't find any. I wonder who these suspects were (Disappeared only mentioned they were Native American)? Were they ever mentioned on UM?
UM didn't mention this lead. I'd also like to know, especially how they got the names from the rumors.

Quote:
Not mentioned on UM because he wasn't a person of interest at the time the segment aired. He had yet to be caught for his murder of Lisa Marie Kimmell. I think he is a very good suspect. Sad to say, but Amy Bechtel's hobby of running in such a serene, rural place would make her the perfect target for people like him

I found the space station mention on Disappeared intriguing. Imagine if the weather hadn't been overcast that day...we might actually have some answers.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:39 PM   #73
SheRaaa
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
I found the space station mention on Disappeared intriguing. Imagine if the weather hadn't been overcast that day...we might actually have some answers.
That was very interesting also...and I agree with you that Amy's habit of jogging in the woods unfortunately put her in a vulnerable position for someone like Eaton (NOT saying she deserved it or anything like that, I cannot stand victim-blaming and find it morally repugnant, just stating the fact that any person of any gender out in the woods alone is inherently vulnerable, unfortunately)
SheRaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:59 PM   #74
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
That was very interesting also...and I agree with you that Amy's habit of jogging in the woods unfortunately put her in a vulnerable position for someone like Eaton (NOT saying she deserved it or anything like that, I cannot stand victim-blaming and find it morally repugnant, just stating the fact that any person of any gender out in the woods alone is inherently vulnerable, unfortunately)
I definitely get what you mean. It's not victim-blaming at all to say it, just sad that innocent people can't go into areas like this without being vulnerable to violent offenders.

I think Eaton has many more victims than we know of, and he stalked areas like this to find them. Wyoming was be the perfect place for him to strike, unfortunately. I'm sure he'll never talk, but hopefully he can be traced to all of the crimes he's committed.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:06 PM   #75
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
It wasn't. Actually, if my memory holds up, I believe the one who mentioned it for the first time was Sheila Kimmel, Lisa's mother. She used to post on these boards (user name Shek, I think.) Very nice lady who certainly did not deserve what happened to her.

I remember being very shocked to hear about the Eaton connection. The more I learn about him, the more I'm convinced he's involved.

EDIT: Heh. I didn't realize this was the same thread where Shek puts forth the Eaton theory. Good to see my memory is intact. Somewhat.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote