Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Britcoms Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Britcoms

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-20-2020, 12:34 PM   #1
brtcmfn
Frequent Poster

Default Miranda- A britcom from the 2000's you may not be aware of

I originally saw this britcom on Hulu a few years back, and was able to obtain DVD's for the series, I decided to watch again after a few years, and just wanted to share with other Britcom fan's that may not be aware of this series as we are always looking for hidden treasures, that we may not be aware of. It stars Miranda Hart and Lucifer himself Tom Ellis- The show reminds me of a cross between Ellen, Seinfeld, and It's Garry Shandling's show (Because the star uses the 3rd wall and talks to the audience)- The comedy revolves around socially inept Miranda, who frequently finds herself in awkward situations. the show is very funny and with a likeable cast. There are 20 episodes

It never aired on broadcast in the states, but it is available on Hulu and now for free on IMDBTV.com (On line or with a Firetv device)

Here is the link to IMDBTV.- (You will need to sign up for free I believe)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1533435/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_1

From Wikipedia:
Also there are plans for a pilot for an american version of the show
The Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons was developing a US remake for Warner Bros. Television. Hart would be involved in developing the remake as a producer, The series was ordered by Fox on September 19, 2019 and titled as Call Me Kat, in which Mayim Bialik would also star
brtcmfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 09:02 AM   #2
Willbo
Forum Regular

I will have to check this out on Hulu. I love the British comedies.
Willbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 01:16 AM   #3
brtcmfn
Frequent Poster

The Roku Channel now has all 3 seasons of Miranda (Love the Roku channel
Old 03-29-2021, 07:50 AM   #4
Willbo
Forum Regular

Just finished watching Miranda and it is such a funny show. I loved all the characters and especially Miranda. It is truly a laugh out loud show.

I do wish Hulu had the last two specials. It could have gone on for a few more seasons. I highly recommend it.
Old 03-29-2021, 08:39 AM   #5
brtcmfn
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willbo View Post
Just finished watching Miranda and it is such a funny show. I loved all the characters and especially Miranda. It is truly a laugh out loud show.

I do wish Hulu had the last two specials. It could have gone on for a few more seasons. I highly recommend it.

Awesome to hear! glad you enjoyed it-- It's such a likable show, smart, funny Unlike the american version.

I don't think the Roku channel has the specials either, but i purchased the set region free when Ioffer was around and got the entire series and specials on DVD
for $20. There is a source that you can purchase it from. If your interested PM me and I will give you the details. It is a series worth owning.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:18 AM   #6
Willbo
Forum Regular

I found/watched the two specials on Prime last night. Perfect ending to a great series.

I have not watched the American version. I can't imagine it being as fun as the British original. My wife and I have never laughed so hard.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:26 AM   #7
brtcmfn
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willbo View Post
I found/watched the two specials on Prime last night. Perfect ending to a great series.

I have not watched the American version. I can't imagine it being as fun as the British original. My wife and I have never laughed so hard.

Great to hear!, Don't even waste your time watching the American version, I gave it 2 episodes and I was done.

Hopefully with more britcom fan'sreading this they will discover Miranda the original UK version as well.
Old 03-30-2021, 02:56 PM   #8
Willbo
Forum Regular

I hope so. I was surprised to see "Lucifer", Tom Ellis in "Miranda". Really enjoyed him on the show. The supporting cast is phenomenal.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:03 PM   #9
brtcmfn
Frequent Poster

The chemistry is spot on...