Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Roseanne links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Roseanne Photo Gallery

Roseanne - The Complete First Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete First Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Second Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Third Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Second Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Second Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Third Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Third Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Roseanne

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Sets Reunions of Cheers, The Drew Carey Show, Girlfriends, Charmed, Castle and More; NBC Renews Titan Games for Season 2
Nick Slates Are You Afraid of the Dark? Premiere; Spectrum Originals Drama Goes Back Into Production for Season 2 in 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 16, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Party of Five Reboot Coming in January; Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey to Reunite for Office Ladies Podcast
Fri-Yay: We're Up Schitt's Creek; Comedy Central Renews South Park for 3 More Seasons
Antenna TV Acquires That Girl for January and Perhaps More; Disney Just Rolls With It Once Again
HBO Gets 2nd Season of McBride and Goodman Comedy; HGTV and Bradys Go Digital

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-20-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
coffield3
<3

Default JOHN GOODMAN - GOODMAN OPENS UP ABOUT ALCOHOL BATTLE.

Actor JOHN GOODMAN has opened up about his 30-year alcoholism battle, admitting, at his lowest point, hangovers were a "luxury".
The former Roseanne star revealed all about his past booze issues during a Friday night TV appearance on The Late Show in America to promote his new play Waiting For Godot.
He recalled he was "toasted pretty good" during a past appearance on the programme - when he agreed to dive into a New York City fountain fully clothed. The decade-old clip was shown, prompting the actor to quip, "Thank God it was before the YouTube.com," referencing the online network which hosts embarrassing clips of stars.
Calling his sobriety "one of the best things that ever happened," the newly-bald Goodman recalled the fountain incident, telling host David Letterman, "I almost got arrested; I was real belligerent."
At the height of his booze battle, Goodman recalled, "Hangovers, they were a luxury... I'd get the DTs (shakes). It was bad. I sweat less now."
Asked if he was truly an alcoholic, the actor stated, "I was to the point of alcoholism 30-35 years ago!

So glad he is doing better!!

ღღღ
coffield3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

God bless him. I hope it only gets better for him from here!!

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
catlover79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:18 AM   #3
browneyes106

It's good that John opened up about his struggles. I hope he gets better.
browneyes106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:14 AM   #4
Will and Grace Fanatic
be happy

so sad, hopefully he is doing better these days
Old 08-28-2009, 12:34 AM   #5
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Brad Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffield3
Actor JOHN GOODMAN has opened up about his 30-year alcoholism battle, admitting, at his lowest point, hangovers were a "luxury".
The former Roseanne star revealed all about his past booze issues during a Friday night TV appearance on The Late Show in America to promote his new play Waiting For Godot.
He recalled he was "toasted pretty good" during a past appearance on the programme - when he agreed to dive into a New York City fountain fully clothed. The decade-old clip was shown, prompting the actor to quip, "Thank God it was before the YouTube.com," referencing the online network which hosts embarrassing clips of stars.
Calling his sobriety "one of the best things that ever happened," the newly-bald Goodman recalled the fountain incident, telling host David Letterman, "I almost got arrested; I was real belligerent."
At the height of his booze battle, Goodman recalled, "Hangovers, they were a luxury... I'd get the DTs (shakes). It was bad. I sweat less now."
Asked if he was truly an alcoholic, the actor stated, "I was to the point of alcoholism 30-35 years ago!

So glad he is doing better!!
Here's the video of John Goodman's admission on David Letterman's show, for anyone who's interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOEkeZQ85Tc
St. John 15:13 - Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Currently my favorite song.
Brad Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:44 PM   #6
Brad
05/26/2013. Taste the happy.
Forum Veteran

He looks so much better than he has in a long time. I've been worried about him for quite some time.

By the way, Roseanne Barr's recent slanderous post about him and Tom Arnold reminds me of why I dislike her so much. She's a 12-year-old living in a 50-something body. And she enjoys being a victim so, so much.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:32 PM   #7
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA
He looks so much better than he has in a long time. I've been worried about him for quite some time.

By the way, Roseanne Barr's recent slanderous post about him and Tom Arnold reminds me of why I dislike her so much. She's a 12-year-old living in a 50-something body. And she enjoys being a victim so, so much.
What did she say about John?? IMO, it was him, Laurie Metcalf, and Sara Gilbert who were the real stars. She was LUCKY to have him play her husband.
catlover79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:55 PM   #8
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
What did she say about John?? IMO, it was him, Laurie Metcalf, and Sara Gilbert who were the real stars. She was LUCKY to have him play her husband.
You can read her shocking words in the link below. I was flabergasted when I read it. I don't know if what she claims is true, but personally I take everything she has to say with a grain of salt. I don't believe most of what comes out of her mouth, and I never have.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=252059
Old 08-28-2009, 05:42 PM   #9
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mel
You can read her shocking words in the link below. I was flabergasted when I read it. I don't know if what she claims is true, but personally I take everything she has to say with a grain of salt. I don't believe most of what comes out of her mouth, and I never have.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=252059
Do you or does anyone have a link to the page on her site where she actually says this? I haven't seen it anywhere else on the internet and Overdose has been very quiet in providing a link to it.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:52 PM   #10
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood Fan
Do you or does anyone have a link to the page on her site where she actually says this? I haven't seen it anywhere else on the internet and Overdose has been very quiet in providing a link to it.
After reading the article again, I'm actually starting to doubt the validity of it for three reasons. First, because if what she supposedly said were really true, I have a hard time believing that it would have taken this long to come out. You'd think that one of the cast members would have spoken up sooner. Secondly, as others have said, I've never heard Roseanne say anything but good things about John in the past, so why would she suddenly be saying this? And thirdly, I agree with your point Sonny, where are the reliable sources?? I haven't seen any yet, and until I do, I am just going to assume this article is fake.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:00 PM   #11
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

Quote:
After reading the article again, I'm actually starting to doubt the validity of it for three reasons. First, because if what she supposedly said were really true, I have a hard time believing that it would have taken this long to come out. You'd think that one of the cast members would have spoken up sooner. Secondly, as others have said, I've never heard Roseanne say anything but good things about John in the past, so why would she suddenly be saying this? And thirdly, I agree with your point Sonny, where are the reliable sources?? I haven't seen any yet, and until I do, I am just going to assume this article is fake.
Plus that first line says that people wanted to fire her and that Laurie didn't want to be on the show if she was fired. Who would have fired her? It was her show and the series was built around her. Either she's completely nuts or that article is a lie. I want to see some proof.
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #12
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood Fan
Plus that first line says that people wanted to fire her and that Laurie didn't want to be on the show if she was fired. Who would have fired her? It was her show and the series was built around her. Either she's completely nuts or that article is a lie. I want to see some proof.
That's a very good point as well!! I think the reason I initially believed the article is because I had a hard time believing someone would actually take the time to make something like this up. You'd have to have a pretty boring life to take the time to write all that, but I suppose there are people who would.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:32 AM   #13
coffield3
<3

I think the reason why Roseanne is saying all this horrible stuff about John is because he is now good friends with Tom Arnold. To be honest I really don't think what she is saying is true..and that this entire "article" has been made up.

I'm a big fan of the show, and I think they are all good actors..but John Goodman was and is by far the best in my opinion.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:33 AM   #14
coffield3
<3

Quote:
Here's the video of John Goodman's admission on David Letterman's show, for anyone who's interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOEkeZQ85Tc
Thank you
Old 08-29-2009, 02:34 AM   #15
Schmoopie
Future Oregonian
Forum Veteran

That link seemed kind of fishy to me as well. I mean I could post something about an actress bashing her coworkers to no end but that doesn't mean it's true. A link from that post to the actual "article" would have more creditbility. However I wouldn't put it past Rosanne to say things about John. Tom Arnold, I could see, since their marriage ended badly, but it would be horrible if she really did say bad things about John Goodman. I mean, he played her husband for what? Nine years on that show? You'd think that if she really hated him that much and if she was completely in charge of the show, she could have gotten rid of him.

I had no idea that he'd had a drinking problem but it's wonderful that he's sober now. Wonder what was up with the baldness in that Letterman interview. Was that for a movie?

September 23, 1961-January 14, 2019

Schmoopie is offline   Reply With Quote