Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Sitcoms That Are Leaving Netflix; Superstore to End After This Season, Its 6th
Community Stars to Toast & Roast 2020 on Fox New Year's Eve; Leah Remini GSN Game Show Premieres Jan. 18, 2021
HBO Max Acquires Exclusive SVOD Streaming Rights to The Middle; Melissa McCarthy and Ben Falcone Get Netflix Sitcom
Pluto TV Launches The Price Is Right: The Bob Barker Era Channel; A Very Merry MeTV Every Sunday on MeTV
SNL Hosts for December Announced; Jeopardy! Announces Final Week of Alex Trebek Episodes Then Ken Jennings Guest Host Week
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 30, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Comes to an End (Again); SNL Lines Up December Hosts

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November/December)

Young Sheldon - The Complete Third Season Mom - The Complete Seventh Season The Flintstones - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Second Season The Office - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

09/01 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Season 14
09/01 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete Second Season
09/01 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
09/15 - Mom - The Complete Seventh Season
09/15 - South Side - Season 1
09/22 - Brockmire - The Complete Second Season
09/22 - Brockmire - The Complete Third Season
09/22 - Brockmire - The Complete Fourth Season
09/22 - Man with a Plan - Season Three
09/29 - The Bob Newhart Show - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
10/13 - The Jetsons - The Complete Series (Diamond Collection)
10/13 - Our Cartoon President - Season Two
10/23 - Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em - The Complete Collection
10/27 - The Flintstones - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
10/27 - Head of the Class - The Complete Second Season (WBShop.com)
11/10 - Letterkenny - Seasons 5 & 6
11/10 - The Office - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/10 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Collection
11/17 - Carol's Second Act - The Complete Series
11/17 - Robbie - Season 1
11/24 - Corporate - Season 1
12/01 - The Neighborhood - Season Two
12/15 - Avenue 5 - The Complete First Season

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-07-2020, 09:01 PM   #1
Dresdendoll45
Frequent Poster

Confused What happened to Kurt Sova?

I know it's been posted before but like to make a new post of it what do you think happened to Kurt Sova do you think he was murdered or he tried to drug and had a bad reaction to it so his friends try to cover it up what do you think how he died.
Dresdendoll45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 10:49 PM   #2
XCalibur
Forum Regular

From everything we know, most likely scenario is he drank a beer laced with some kind of illegal drug and his system had a bad reaction to it. And the people supplying the drugs kept him at that apartment complex hoping he'd revive and they dumped him in the ravine when he did not to avoid any accountability in his death. Doesn't seem likely it was a premeditated murder, not sure anyone knew he was going to be at the party. His friend who was at the party with him said he became sick after drinking, my gut feeling is he is telling the truth. I'd say when he went to get Kurt's jacket a couple of the other guys at the party grabbed Kurt and hid him away to keep him from exposing what was going on there.

Still, seems like someone at the party would have manned up and admitted what happened by now if it was just an accident. Its apparent that the lady named Susan who owned that building and lived there was in on it since she lied to Kurt's mother. Cases like that are pretty infuriating that no matter how many years pass no one admits the truth even when the statute of limitations has run out on most of what may have happened there. Similar feelings about the Jeremy Bright case, most of the evidence points to an accident, yet no one will man up and admit what happened and give the family closure, even with an anonymous letter or anything.
XCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 10:54 PM   #3
Dresdendoll45
Frequent Poster

I knew it wasn't malice or anything like that it was just kids underage drinking and somebody spiked it and they didn't know what to do so they dumped him in the field but what is the case of the stoner guy in a record store that was pretty creepy.
Dresdendoll45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:14 PM   #4
infinityluxe
Frequent Poster

Kurt Sova's segments reminded me a lot of Keith Warren's segment. I think both boys were partying and something went awry and it was covered up. The cops dropped the ball in both cases.
infinityluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 02:24 PM   #5
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

He was at a party, OD'ed somehow and some of the folks at or throwing the party freaked out, moving his body around in such a way as to throw off suspicion.
Huskerz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 05:03 PM   #6
ghosthouse
Frequent Poster

The Kurt Sova segment is one of the first segments that I remember watching. I was around 7 years old and is scared the hell out of me.

As far as what happened...I think he was drinking too much and it led to his death. Whoever was there was probably scared that an underage (?) kid died at their party and they hid him and dumped him.

There are the rumors of laced drinks, but I have also read that he was on medication. Couple meds with drinking too much and maybe his small frame all was a bad mix.

In general I think people were irresponsible but there was no outright evil intention.
ghosthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:37 PM   #7
Allierain
Forum Old-Timer
Forum Regular

I'm with the rest of you. I, too, believe that Kurt ingested something that harmed him, his buddies panicked and Kurt got dumped.

It is a mystery, though, why he was missing for 5 days before he turned up. Most of the time it doesn't take 5 days for drugs or alcohol to do their damage. Could it be that Kurt was in the cot all those days dead and Susan didn't know it? UM didn't indicate Kurt's time of death or what condition his body was in, if he might have died right after he was considered missing or if he was really alive for those extra days.

The sighting of Kurt by the guy with the van was a mistake IMO. I don't think it was Kurt he saw. I just don't see Kurt being the kind of kid to choose to disappear for a couple of days and not tell anyone.

And Eugene Kvet. I need to search the forums because I see him mentioned very little. I'm not sure if his family just considered his death an accident and didn't feel any investigation was necessary or what. I feel for their families.

Edit: I think it's fine to start new threads about old cases that haven't maybe been discussed in awhile, because of new members and changes in points of view, updates on the case, etc.

Last edited by Allierain; 08-10-2020 at 10:34 PM.
Allierain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 09:47 AM   #8
Necco

I wonder if he had something like Commotio Cordis happen. Maybe someone was horsing around and hit him in the chest at just the right (or wrong) moment.
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 12:37 AM   #9
Latka Gravas
Frequent Poster

Coincidentally, I just watched the UM episode with the KS segment (S01, EP09). I recently started watching this great series for the first time ever, and this segment is definitely one of the most haunting & disturbing that I've seen on the show - so far.

I agree that KS died due to some kind of drug overdose/alcohol poisoning that the autopsy didn't pick up - for whatever reason. Re: the alcohol poisoning (i.e., too much alcohol), I know people have died from this, especially teens/young people who have been known to binge-drink. Even though the coroner said he couldn't find an explainable cause of death, that means nothing because he could have been incompetent/missed something.

I also agree KS was probably in the basement of that apartment house (on the cot) for several days after that party, and the people who had the party/lived there there didn't want to tell his parents because he was sick & they were afraid of being held liable. By the time someone let his parents know that KS had been there, when they went to investigate he wasn't there anymore - since he had probably been removed at that point.

Based on the interview with this parents, he definitely didn't seem like the type of kid who would just disappear for days on end - without telling them where he was. So, I also agree that the alleged sighting of KS during his disappearance (when his friend claimed to have seen him walking on the side of the highway & getting into a truck) was a false lead; I don't think that was KS, just someone that looked like him.

In any case, this is one of the creepiest segments. Unlike a lot of the other cases mentioned on the show - this has never been solved, and probably never will be.

Last edited by Latka Gravas; 09-04-2020 at 04:11 PM.
Latka Gravas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 02:32 AM   #10
SitcomsHeydayfan

Yeah, this was creepy. Also one of the first UM segments I saw decades ago!
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 12:58 PM   #11
Axl Rose
Curtains For Cathy
Frequent Poster

I don't have a good theory that makes sense in my mind. I believe the case is full of red herrings and shoddy investigative work. I think his death could be related to drugs or alcohol (Something that isn't told in the segment is that Kurt had skipped school that day and was drinking Everclear). What happened to him in that 5 days he was missing i haven't got a clue.

This case is actually what led me to this site. I wanted to see what others thought about it.
Old 08-28-2020, 10:30 PM   #12
Latka Gravas
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rose View Post
I don't have a good theory that makes sense in my mind. I believe the case is full of red herrings and shoddy investigative work. I think his death could be related to drugs or alcohol (Something that isn't told in the segment is that Kurt had skipped school that day and was drinking Everclear). What happened to him in that 5 days he was missing i haven't got a clue.
Thanks for posting this - I didn't know about the skipping school & the Everclear. If he wasn't a habitual drinker (and it sounds like he probably wasn't) & he drank a lot of hard alcohol - then, the booze would have been a lot more problematic for him than if he had been an alcoholic. So, that by itself may have been the sole cause of death re: alcohol poisoning. It's extremely possible, if not probable - at least IMHO.

Again, it sounds like we'll never know at this point.

Last edited by Latka Gravas; 08-29-2020 at 10:00 PM.
Latka Gravas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
murder, overdose