Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboots for The Office and Even Hogan's Heroes?; The Boondocks Returning for Two New Seasons on HBO Max
Fri-Yay: Primetime Emmy Predictions for Comedy; Paramount Heads to Paris for New Comedy
Pop TV Renews Schitt's Creek for Sixth and Final Season, Fifth Season Marathon to Air on Sept. 21; HBO Max Revives The Boondocks
NBC Streaming Service Peacock Sets Reboots of Saved by the Bell & Punky Brewster; The Big Bang Theory Coming to HBO Max, While TBS Renews Through 2028
ABC Sets Reunions of Cheers, The Drew Carey Show, Girlfriends, Charmed, Castle and More; NBC Renews Titan Games for Season 2
Nick Slates Are You Afraid of the Dark? Premiere; Spectrum Originals Drama Goes Back Into Production for Season 2 in 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 16, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #16
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude The Obscure
The new schedule starts April 16th.

Ok Thanks, I was looking for it last night
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:28 AM   #17
Tubehead

if iwas me tv i would
get ride of
mash
gunsmok
bonzaan it comes ontvland

i think these show fit me tv
theA-Teamt
macgyver
the indabible hulk
green honit
court ship ofedies father
super man
the amazing spider-man yes they madelive aciton tv show back in 1977.it was fake iike tose it back ontv
beauty and the beast
Tubehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #18
BoobTube Baby
Occasional Poster

I wish they would stop monopolizing huge blocks of time with consecutive episodes of the same show. Whether 2 regularly scheduled hours, or 12 hour Marathons, there are just too many good old sitcoms available to subject viewers to this Video Overkill. It's really frustrating to turn on MeTV and find yourself caught in a "Brady Bunch" or "MASH" timewarp! Of course, this is without a doubt the best channel available for those of us who loved TV back when it was actually entertaining, so I do feel a little like I'm biting the hand that feeds us by complaining. Still, I really think they should limit the exposure of any program to 1 hour (at the most).
BoobTube Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:57 AM   #19
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

Love The Brady Bunch Brunch and that they show I Love Lucy!! <3
Old 04-11-2012, 01:59 AM   #20
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Me-TV saturday's schedule is AWFUL
Old 04-11-2012, 02:01 AM   #21
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoobTube Baby
I wish they would stop monopolizing huge blocks of time with consecutive episodes of the same show. Whether 2 regularly scheduled hours, or 12 hour Marathons, there are just too many good old sitcoms available to subject viewers to this Video Overkill. It's really frustrating to turn on MeTV and find yourself caught in a "Brady Bunch" or "MASH" timewarp! Of course, this is without a doubt the best channel available for those of us who loved TV back when it was actually entertaining, so I do feel a little like I'm biting the hand that feeds us by complaining. Still, I really think they should limit the exposure of any program to 1 hour (at the most).
While I really enjoy The Brady Bunch Brunch, I have to agree. Maybe if they gave every show equal amounts of time, they would have room for more shows!!
PrettyinPink55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #22
BoobTube Baby
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Me-TV saturday's schedule is AWFUL
I agree with that. A while back I contacted MeTV about their Saturday Morning schedule and suggested they run vintage cartoons that are undoubtedly as dear to the Boomers' hearts as the sitcoms they run the rest of the week. Saturday Morning Programming was a treasured institution when I was a kid in the early 60's.

I suggested Mr Magoo, Timmy & Lassie, Superman, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Beanie & Cecil, Top Cat, The Jetsons, The Flintstones, Hercules, Space Angel, Bugs Bunny, HR PuffNStuff, The Bugaloos, etc. MeTV recently announced they are adding Mr Magoo and a couple of animated action heroes on Saturdays, so maybe that's a start, but not exactly what I had in mind.

If you think that "Green Screen" stuff they run currently is out of place on MeTV, I suggest that you contact them on their website and tell them so. Maybe if enough people want the good old cartoons and live action series, they'll get the message.

PS- Although I have to say that I really like the Saturday Evening line-up beginning with Wild Wild West, right through the whole night; especially Star Trek and Honey West. When I was little, I went trick-or-treating 3 years in a row in a black leotard, kitten heel boots and a shoulder holster!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #23
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
I agree with that. A while back I contacted MeTV about their Saturday Morning schedule and suggested they run vintage cartoons that are undoubtedly as dear to the Boomers' hearts as the sitcoms they run the rest of the week. Saturday Morning Programming was a treasured institution when I was a kid in the early 60's.

I suggested Mr Magoo, Timmy & Lassie, Superman, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Beanie & Cecil, Top Cat, The Jetsons, The Flintstones, Hercules, Space Angel, Bugs Bunny, HR PuffNStuff, The Bugaloos, etc. MeTV recently announced they are adding Mr Magoo and a couple of animated action heroes on Saturdays, so maybe that's a start, but not exactly what I had in mind.

If you think that "Green Screen" stuff they run currently is out of place on MeTV, I suggest that you contact them on their website and tell them so. Maybe if enough people want the good old cartoons and live action series, they'll get the message.

PS- Although I have to say that I really like the Saturday Evening line-up beginning with Wild Wild West, right through the whole night; especially Star Trek and Honey West. When I was little, I went trick-or-treating 3 years in a row in a black leotard, kitten heel boots and a shoulder holster!

And it's not just Me-tV, seems like all TV stations save their WORST programming for saturday night
Old 04-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #24
BoobTube Baby
Occasional Poster

Lol

Quote:
And it's not just Me-tV, seems like all TV stations save their WORST programming for saturday night

Maybe they're worried about our health. . . . If there's nothing on TV, maybe we'll get off the couch at least one night per week and go dancing!
Old 04-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #25
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Maybe they're worried about our health. . . . If there's nothing on TV, maybe we'll get off the couch at least one night per week and go dancing!

I always thought it was a stupid mentality for networks to believe that people go out every saturday night
Old 04-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #26
Jude The Obscure
Retired

The Brady Bunch only airs on Sunday and only for 4 episodes. It's not like MASH or The Dick Van Dyke Show or I Love Lucy--these shows get MORE than their fair share of exposure on Me-TV. Same goes for Perry Mason which occupies a morning and a evening slot. (I'm not dissing the shows, just the overexposure)
Jude The Obscure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #27
BoobTube Baby
Occasional Poster

Quote:
I always thought it was a stupid mentality for networks to believe that people go out every saturday night
The Networks certainly didn't feel that way back in the 70's when All In the Family, MTM, Bob Newhart, Carol Burnett and all the other blockbusters were running on Saturday nights. Of course, as I said before, I think MeTV shows remarkable respect for their audience by running some really great shows on Saturday nights. I'm even getting a kick out of watching Svengoolie-- corny as he (and his movies) is/are.

We used to have Chiller Theatre here in Pittsburgh on Saturday nights, a double feature of horror or sci-fi, with all sorts of tongue-in-cheek skits and characters thrown in for good measure. Man, we just loved that show! Kids would have sleep overs to watch it, and sometimes it would even be on all night long. What a thrill that was to be allowed to stay up and watch TV all night! The Host was Bill "Chillie Billie" Cardille-- a Living Legend in these parts, to this day. He also hosted Studio Wrestling and the Jerry Lewis Telethon-- a real TV pioneer, as most of those early guys were.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #28
eng51squad51
Forum Regular

METV has the right's to the Timmy and Lassie and Lone Ranger since it was include in those classic cartoon package I belive if METV drops the Greenscreen stuff and add Timmy and Lassie and Lone Ranger to those slots the lassie and Lone Ranger they could be a E/I when they was shown on WHT they had them as E/I
eng51squad51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #29
BoobTube Baby
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eng51squad51
METV has the right's to the Timmy and Lassie and Lone Ranger since it was include in those classic cartoon package I belive if METV drops the Greenscreen stuff and add Timmy and Lassie and Lone Ranger to those slots the lassie and Lone Ranger they could be a E/I when they was shown on WHT they had them as E/I
I think you're right about that E/I scheduling. The Jetsons, Little House on the Prarie, The Flintstones and Lassie have all passed for E/I on various stations since the Childrens' Programming Law was enacted. Enforcement has been spotty at best, allowing such shows based upon alledged "historical" or "scientific" or "cultural" significance rather than demonstrable educational value.

Don't you think that E/I has sort of outlived its usefulness at this point, though? There are so many more channels today, some specifically targeting children. . . . It just seems silly to pretend that kids are getting up early to watch GreenScreen Adventures on MeTV, when the channel is so obviously geared towards Boomers. Presumably none of us are watching it either, so who is?

Ultimately, what is the value of educational programming if no one is interested in watching it? I'd really love to know what the ratings are like for GreenScreen Adventures, if anyone knows the answer.

Just to clarify: I'm not implying that young kids wouldn't find MeTV's regular programming entertaining; on the contrary, little kids can show exceptional taste in choosing their own entertainment. I'm just not convinced that those who might like MeTV the rest of the week, would also enjoy watching GreenScreen on Saturday morning.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #30
Jude The Obscure
Retired

GreenScreen is produced by Weigel Broadcasting, therefore it's an in-house production, ergo, cheap stuff they don't have to license from a program supplier. It also airs on THIS-TV as well.
Jude The Obscure is offline   Reply With Quote