Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Green Acres links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Green Acres Photo Gallery

Green Acres - The Complete First Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete First Season on DVD
Green Acres - The Complete Second Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Green Acres - The Complete Third Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete Third Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > Green Acres

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Primetime Emmy Predictions for Comedy; Paramount Heads to Paris for New Comedy
Pop TV Renews Schitt's Creek for Sixth and Final Season, Fifth Season Marathon to Air on Sept. 21; HBO Max Revives The Boondocks
NBC Streaming Service Peacock Sets Reboots of Saved by the Bell & Punky Brewster; The Big Bang Theory Coming to HBO Max, While TBS Renews Through 2028
ABC Sets Reunions of Cheers, The Drew Carey Show, Girlfriends, Charmed, Castle and More; NBC Renews Titan Games for Season 2
Nick Slates Are You Afraid of the Dark? Premiere; Spectrum Originals Drama Goes Back Into Production for Season 2 in 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 16, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Party of Five Reboot Coming in January; Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey to Reunite for Office Ladies Podcast

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #1
torcan
Frequent Poster

Default Alternate opening titles?

I vaguely remember seeing a different opening in syndicated reruns in the '70s from time to time. The station I watched the show on only had it for a couple of episodes, but one of them was the "moonrock" episode.

I guess this must have been the second opening title sequence and has been stripped from the reruns.

Anyone know for sure which season this started? Are there any episodes out there in the trading curcuit with the alternate opening?
torcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #2
McGillicuddy

I don't know about the opening, but the closing credits for 1 episode from the first season are different.
McGillicuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:54 PM   #3
TripperFan
In God's Arms Now
Forum Veteran

All I ever recall seeing was the New York/Country comparison with them singing the song and at the end flying over country fields and the barn with Green Acres written on the roof.

btw Fellow Torontonian

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile

The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous
TripperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
Miss Lisa

idk, i have never really noticed any difference between the openings. I can tell you that in the last season they show a still of the barn with Green Acres written on it while they play a tiny bit of music before they show a few minutes and then go to the theme song.

~♥~"No matter how big or soft or warm your bed is, you still have to get out of it."~♥~
- Grace Slick

http://deviantrose112.posterous.com/
Miss Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:00 AM   #5
TV_on_the_Porch
anything good on?
Forum Regular

The station which carried reruns locally back in the mid 70s showed a number of second season episodes with an abbreviated opening which started with the still of the barn roof and Eddie singing "Green Acres is the place to be..." then proceeded as normal with the shot of the house and Eddie riding into the shot on the tractor, then the closeup at which point the word "starring" appeared, followed by "Eddie Albert" when it cut back to a long shot as he shifts gears, then "Eva Gabor" over the first shot of Eva throwing open the balcony doors. "created and produced by Jay Sommers" was superimposed over the preverbial penthouse view. After "dahling I love you but give me park avenue" the very next shot is Eddie reaching out to pull Eva off the balcony and into Hooterville--no chores, stores, fresh air or times square! That's the only alternate opening I've ever seen. Other than very, very slight variations from the earliest episodes like Eva's different reading of "I just adore a penthouse view" and indeed a different view being shown as she says it, the full opening was essentially unchanged over the course of six seasons.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:16 PM   #6
torcan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDRyan
The station which carried reruns locally back in the mid 70s showed a number of second season episodes with an abbreviated opening which started with the still of the barn roof and Eddie singing "Green Acres is the place to be..." then proceeded as normal with the shot of the house and Eddie riding into the shot on the tractor, then the closeup at which point the word "starring" appeared, followed by "Eddie Albert" when it cut back to a long shot as he shifts gears, then "Eva Gabor" over the first shot of Eva throwing open the balcony doors. "created and produced by Jay Sommers" was superimposed over the preverbial penthouse view. After "dahling I love you but give me park avenue" the very next shot is Eddie reaching out to pull Eva off the balcony and into Hooterville--no chores, stores, fresh air or times square! That's the only alternate opening I've ever seen. Other than very, very slight variations from the earliest episodes like Eva's different reading of "I just adore a penthouse view" and indeed a different view being shown as she says it, the full opening was essentially unchanged over the course of six seasons.

That could be the one I'm thinking of...but I vaguely remember some different video in the opening...clips from previous episodes maybe.

I only saw it a couple of times so memories are kind of hazy after all this time. Still, it would have been nice to see the actual openings they used in each primetime season on the reruns, rather than picking one and plopping it on every episode. One of things I looked forward to every fall was shows re-doing/updating opening titles so you'd know it was a new season. Openings are so short these days it's kind of a lost art
torcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:19 AM   #7
ph1l

I saw an episode here where there was slightly different closing credits. Instead of stills all the way through, there was some moving footage similar to the opening credits.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:01 AM   #8
east215
Frequent Poster

I seem to remember an opening where, when Lisa sings "I just adore penthouse view", it was a different shot of NY from the balcony.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #9
east215
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph1l
I saw an episode here where there was slightly different closing credits. Instead of stills all the way through, there was some moving footage similar to the opening credits.
I remember that as well. It was a moving shot over the fields.
east215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:17 AM   #10
TV_on_the_Porch
anything good on?
Forum Regular

That episode was "Never Look A Gift Tractor In The Mouth".

The end credits for "The Ex-Secretary" show the farmhouse at the end for several more seconds than all the other episodes--possibly a deliberate nod to the fact it was our last glimpse of it.
TV_on_the_Porch is offline   Reply With Quote