Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Sets Reunions of Cheers, The Drew Carey Show, Girlfriends, Charmed, Castle and More; NBC Renews Titan Games for Season 2
Nick Slates Are You Afraid of the Dark? Premiere; Spectrum Originals Drama Goes Back Into Production for Season 2 in 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 16, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Party of Five Reboot Coming in January; Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey to Reunite for Office Ladies Podcast
Fri-Yay: We're Up Schitt's Creek; Comedy Central Renews South Park for 3 More Seasons
Antenna TV Acquires That Girl for January and Perhaps More; Disney Just Rolls With It Once Again
HBO Gets 2nd Season of McBride and Goodman Comedy; HGTV and Bradys Go Digital

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-09-2008, 11:08 AM   #76
Corky Kneivel
Forum Regular

Default HEY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
I definitely think he was murdered.
I know YOU do, cee to the dee, you wily rascal you, you think it was a "catching lovers in bed/crime of passion" type thing right?

Hey! You write to all kinds of police departments and people featured on UM don't you?

I just got a wacky idea!!

How about you, or me, or us together, or you, or you again writes to the investigative authorities on this one and axe them if they ever figured out who the gun belonged to or if they figured out if Tony ever left his house that day. Those, for me, are thje two biggest unknowns that would maybe cause me to look at this case in a new way. I think the threatening phone calls and crazy driver guy are red herrings but if the coppers were to write us back and say those people are still "of interest" then that too would lend credence to the other side of the debate.

**jumps around**

Huh? Wanna do that? Huh? We're pals, ain't we spike huh? We're pals, ain't we??!??
Corky Kneivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:02 PM   #77
synthisislab
Forum Regular

Corky, your new avatar is representing the jackass way that you are acting now quite perfectly.

Speaking of jackasses, who is your new avatar of, crystaldawn?
synthisislab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:20 PM   #78
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthisislab
Speaking of jackasses, who is your new avatar of, crystaldawn?
Care to venture a guess? He's aged a bunch now but he was profiled on UM so maybe looking at his face he'll look familiar. If not I'll clue you in.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #79
Corky Kneivel
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=synthisislab]Corky, your new avatar is representing the jackass way that you are acting now quite perfectly.
[QUOTE]

Haroo?!? What'd I do now?

And Billy Mitchell is an American Hero!! He wears America ties fer cryin' out loud!!
Old 07-09-2008, 05:25 PM   #80
mphs95
Remember me?
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to mphs95

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
This case was on UM yesterday. 22 year old Tony Lombardi Jr was found dead in his bedroom by his mother in August of 1990. The police of course came over and instantly ruled it suicide. The police said the reason why he killed himself was because he was depressed over getting arrested for drunk driving two days earlier and having his corvette impounded. Let me tell you, I have been arrested for drunk driving myself once, and it does stink it is embarassing and it makes you feel stupid. BUT I would certainly never kill myself over something like that and I cant imagine anyone else that would.

There was so much to this case that tells me it wasnt suicide. This young man had no obvious signs of depression, he was popular with many people, especially the ladies and had a couple of women he was seeing at the time of his death. Tony was found naked in his room. His mother said that Tony was the type that he wouldnt sleep naked. She also said his head was on top of two pillows and that the bullethole was in the headboard in a place that was below the pills. There were obvious defensive wounds on Tony's knuckles and he also had a gash on his chest I think. It was obvious that at least one person had been holding him down forcibly. Where the gun landed was questionable as well. The cops said that he killed himself also because he had traces of metal on his hands. Yet Tony worked in a factory where he constantly handled metal cans.

The creepy thing was when Tony's mom came home and saw his light off with the door closed. She actually went about the house and did her nightly chores and she actually went into her bedroom and shut the door and was laying in bed reading or something right before she was going to go to bed. She then heard the door open and close and she heard footsteps. She assumed it was Tony coming home. She got up and went out into the hallway and saw his door closed but the light was now on. She knocked on the door a couple of times opened it and went in the room and what a sight she saw. She called the cops and I think they estimated Tony had been dead for at least 5 hours. That is scary to think that the footsteps Tony's mom heard was his killer. Why the killer was hanging out in Tony's room for hours after the murder is what I dont understand.

I think the killer was the boyfriend of one of Tony's girlfriends. Remember one of Tony's girlfriends was with another man at the same time she was seeing Tony and this man did not like her seeing another man. Tony tried to mediate the situation and this man had told Tony's friend "Tony is going to get what is coming to him." That doesnt look good and I am surprised the cops never investigated it. I know Tony's friend said the cops never interviewed him, never even attempted to contact him. This seems like another example of shotty police work. A case where the cops instantly decide it is suicide and basically either dont have the manpower or just dont want to investigate and spend all the time on it so they just label it suicide to make it easy. Kind of reminds me of the Danny Williams case in terms of the cops labeling an obvious murder, suicide.
Suicide my foot! Who in the world would get naked and shoot themselves over a DUI? Whatever.

The cops either didn't have the manpower, decided suicide was easier to deal with, or worst case scenario, the killer(s) have an inside track w/ the locals and got a get out of jail free card from them regarding the investigation. If he was naked, there is a possibility he was with someone in the room, doing what comes naturally. Probably the bf got in the house, found them together, then him, possibly with someone else, shot him dead. If a woman was there, she was probably scared s***less.
mphs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:35 PM   #81
mphs95
Remember me?
Forum Regular

This is OT, but CD, who's on your avatar this time? I know the face but can't place the case.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:40 PM   #82
mphs95
Remember me?
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky Kneivel
You keep pointing to the bullet trajectory as evidence. The bullet trajectory theory as provided by…who? That esteemed forensic analyst Dr. Cheryl Lombardi? The lady who said if “[she] doesn’t exceed in proving her son was murdered in this life, she’ll do it from eternity”? Well, I certainly understand why you’d throw in with her…I mean she’s obviously an unbiased and impartial authority with several years training in ballistics. I’ll even admit to this, make of what you will: I don’t understand what she’s saying about the pillows and the bullet. I’ve watched the segment about a half dozen times and I still don’t see how this is proof he was being held down and shot. Maybe you can use that as proof I’m too stupid to get it, or maybe you can explain it to me better.

More importantly though, I'm curious as to how "a boatload of bruises on his chest, a broken jaw, a broken watch on the floor" automatically mean that he was murdered? Those things prove murder about as much as a guy receiving a death threat in the weeks prior to his death. Uh…whoops. That’s another of the “rock solid” cornerstones of the murder theory.

Well I got a little theory, like to hear it?

Tony Lombardi was a depressed young man who was very unhappy with his life. In his eyes he worked a dead end factory job filling up cans of baby food, was prematurely balding, still lived with his mom and the baby food job wasn’t going to put enough cash in his pockets for his own place, and in recent weeks had a couple of altercations in which he needed his dad and his best friend to intercede and stick up for him. Here was a guy who felt emasculated, trapped, and absolutely terrified that life was going to get no better than this. Then, on top of all that, he gets arrested for a DUI. Not only does he lose his car, his last vestige of freedom, he now has a record and impending legal troubles.

ATTENTION: I know all of this, especially the DUI part, would not be enough to make any of us, or any other rational and sound-thinking individuals commit suicide. I know this. However in this scenario, which makes sense enough to the investigating authorities, we aren't dealing with someone who was thinking rationally. In this scenario, Tony had already broken with the basic human instinct for self preservation. Please do not dismiss a theory as to why someone would commit suicide with the deliberately misleading or incredibly naïve comment "nobody would kill themselves over a DUI". The DUI is just the excuse, the final bit of proof to the suicide that their life is worthless and they are better off dead.

And you know what?! Maybe the DUI WASN’T the straw that broke the camel’s back in this situation. Perhaps Tony did have a confrontation the night before with the guy threatening Tony’s life. Tony, full of self loathing and humiliated that he can’t fight his own fights and has his dad and friend step in for him, has a confrontation with this guy that leads to fisticuffs. Tony then gets his jaw broken in the fight, sustains bruises, and perhaps gets his watch broken holding his hands up trying to protect his face. He goes home and sleeps. He wakes up in the morning finally a broken and defeated young man. He cannot stand the humiliation, the pain from his jaw, nor the thought of going on any longer.
-----ORRRRRR-----
He has no altercation with the guy, yet still wakes up that morning feeling worse than the day before and not able to bear it getting much worse. He gets the family gun and lays in bed suffering an almost incomprehensibly tortuous depression in which he considers his life over and he considers himself worthless. He holds the gun and hits himself with it, punishing himself for being weak or for whatever he perceives as his flaws. He breaks his watch to signify the time of death for his family, holds his gun (where? Did they ever say the path the bullet traveled through Tony?) to his head and…it is over. The lights are on in his room. The gun is on the body where it has come to rest after the shot. Several hours later Tony’s mom hears the gun drop from the body to the floor and goes to investigate.

Without question I got some of the events wrong in my little scenario. Maybe Tony held the gun to his head with one hand while punching himself in the chest with other trying to get up the nerve to do the deed. Maybe Tony broke his jaw when his body jerked during the shot. Maybe he broke his watch the night before in an accident on the can line and THAT was the final straw. Maybe the gun hit the floor as soon as he shot himself. I’m just supposing with these theories. But these suppositions of events, or supposition of events similar, in my opinion tell the true story behind the tangible evidence; infinitely more plausibly than any murder theory does.
Corky, you're entitled to your opinions, but you need to get off the "woe is me" high horse and take a chill pill. This is a posting board where people post their OPINIONS. Just because someone disagrees does not make it wrong. You're entitied to your theories as much as kadramas is. I think we're getting away from the goal of this site, which I thought was to have thought provoking converations regarding several cases and throw ideas off of each other.

Before this becomes a raging P contest, lets get back to the topic at hand. Tony Lombardi....suicide or murder. Me, I say murder, but if someone disagrees, let's hear why, not a name calling competition.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:11 PM   #83
mphs95
Remember me?
Forum Regular

CD, is your avatar "Rusty", the nudist camp dude who tried to molest a young girl and ripped off the residents w/ a stolen video inventory?
Old 07-09-2008, 06:20 PM   #84
Corky Kneivel
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphs95
Corky, you're entitled to your opinions, but you need to get off the "woe is me" high horse and take a chill pill. This is a posting board where people post their OPINIONS. Just because someone disagrees does not make it wrong. You're entitied to your theories as much as kadramas is. I think we're getting away from the goal of this site, which I thought was to have thought provoking converations regarding several cases and throw ideas off of each other.

Before this becomes a raging P contest, lets get back to the topic at hand. Tony Lombardi....suicide or murder. Me, I say murder, but if someone disagrees, let's hear why, not a name calling competition.

I really do not understand this reply.

First off, this was all written a long while ago.
Where did I call people names?
Where do I come across as "woe is me"?

The snarky back and forth I had with wiseguy182 was the only thing I got upset about in this post and I avoided it for as long as I could until I felt like I had to write something. I got it off my chest, he got it off his. I have no hard feelings towards the guy, I appreciate his contributions to this post and the many many others he offers his thoughtful and educated opinions on. I went overboard in this post with antagonizing him and for that I was wrong. I should have stayed on the topic.

Speaking of which...off course everyone's titled to their own opinion, as I am entitled to mine, and my opinion is that this is OBVIOUSLY a suicide. Fine, no big deal. You said "suicide my foot!" But I'm not going to tell you you need to get off your high horse because you, as well as others, insist nobody in the world would commit suicide naked. I don't understand this argument. Its like you accept that suicide is okay, that ending your own life is an act of a rational and sound mind...buuuuuuttt, the concept of doing it naked is somehow so bizarre that its evidence of a staged murder.

I find it much MUCH more implausible that someone murders a man in their own bed, hangs around in the house with the body for hours and hours with the lights off, sticks around when someone comes home, hangs around in the dark for an hour for whatever reason not going to confront a middle aged woman with a gun after already murdering her 23 year old son, takes the chance of leaving the house without the murder weapon, turns on the lights now after carefully staging a suicide and keeping quiet enough not to let anyone know someone was in the room, leaves zero trace evidence after spending untold hours in the room with the corpse, and leaves the house leaving no discernable evidence.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:22 PM   #85
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphs95
CD, is your avatar "Rusty", the nudist camp dude who tried to molest a young girl and ripped off the residents w/ a stolen video inventory?
Yes, very good! I couldn't believe how much he's aged. Looks pretty scary which is why I thought I'd put him on here....to creep you guys out.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:26 PM   #86
mphs95
Remember me?
Forum Regular

Quote:
Yes, very good! I couldn't believe how much he's aged. Looks pretty scary which is why I thought I'd put him on here....to creep you guys out.
I was thinking Freddy Krueger for a second before being torched! LOL
Old 07-09-2008, 07:09 PM   #87
peachysquirt21
Forum Regular

Was Tony from Ohio? I cannot rember but if he was, I believe his grandmother died in June.

Mary Ellen Lombardi
LOMBARDI Mary Ellen Lombardi, age 86, June 7, 2008 at OSU East. Preceded in death by husband Anthony F. Lombardi and grandson Tony Lombardi. Survived by daughter, Mary Lou (Jerry) Axline; sons, Tony (Cheryl) Lombardi and Jimmy Lombardi; sister, Ruth Burt; grandsons, Keith Burton and Sean Burton. Friends may visit Tuesday 2-4 p.m. at the SHAW-DAVIS FUNERAL HOME CLINTONVILLE CHAPEL, 4341 N High St., where a funeral service will follow at 4 p.m. Private family interment Sunset Cemetery. Sign the online guestbook at www.dispatch.com/obituaries

Published in The Columbus Dispatch from 6/8/2008 - 6/9/2008.
peachysquirt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:43 PM   #88
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Corky... your avatar CRACKS me up.

I rented "The King of Kong" not too long ago with The Boyfriend and we were howling over how funny it was. I heard they're going to make a movie out of the documentary, which upsets me because the documentary is going to be way better than any Hollywood movie. Billy Mitchell is an arrogant @$$, but he plays a mean game of Donkey Kong.

Oh, right. Tony Lombardi. Totally murdered.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:31 AM   #89
ididn'tdoit
Forum Regular

Quote:
CD, lucky for us he kept his clothes on in that photo
ididn'tdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #90
Corky Kneivel
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
Corky... your avatar CRACKS me up.

I rented "The King of Kong" not too long ago with The Boyfriend and we were howling over how funny it was. I heard they're going to make a movie out of the documentary, which upsets me because the documentary is going to be way better than any Hollywood movie. Billy Mitchell is an arrogant @$$, but he plays a mean game of Donkey Kong.

Oh, right. Tony Lombardi. Totally murdered.

Don't you love when Billy Mitchell compares himself to Abortion? The man has a way with words.

Lombardi murdered? Seriously? I promise I won't be snarky if you present why you think so. As long as you don't "personally challenge" me to refute your post.