Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 16, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Party of Five Reboot Coming in January; Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey to Reunite for Office Ladies Podcast
Fri-Yay: We're Up Schitt's Creek; Comedy Central Renews South Park for 3 More Seasons
Antenna TV Acquires That Girl for January and Perhaps More; Disney Just Rolls With It Once Again
HBO Gets 2nd Season of McBride and Goodman Comedy; HGTV and Bradys Go Digital
Katey Sagal Joins The Conners; CBS All Access Comedy No Activity Gets Guests for Season 3
Kevin James Gets Sitcom for Netflix; Grace and Frankie Gets Final Season

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-06-2010, 07:07 PM   #151
Mastermind

Quote:
I meant no signs of a struggle in the house. The only thing they pointed out was a broken watch but I didn't hear anything about blood from another person, hair, etc.
1. If more than one person was responsible for the injuries...Tony probably had no chance at all to commit any damage to the other person or persons.

Two guys could have attacked Tony while one guy had him pinned down. The classic "stand him up-punch him up" scene we see in gangster movies.

2. I don;t believe the struggle happened inside the house..I believe it happened elsewhere and Tony was placed at the scene.

3. If the victim isn;t struggling, then there isn;t any reason for their to be a struggle. Tony may have been layed out with the first blow.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #152
Mastermind

Quote:
I know this thread makes ME want to commit suicide!
Fine.

Just make sure you leave a legible suicide note before you do. I wouldn;t want the police detectives to waste time solving your murder.

(Just kidding... )
Old 02-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #153
Corky Kneivel
Forum Regular

Wink well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
Fine.

Just make sure you leave a legible suicide note before you do. I wouldn;t want the police detectives to waste time solving your murder.

(Just kidding... )

Ehhhh...maybe I'll get lucky. Maybe two aspiring professional hitmen, embarking on a "practice hit", while involved in an international jewel smuggling conspiracy, will take me out and dress it up like a suicide. The cops will of course not look into any of those entirely plausible scenarios and, because they hate doing their jobs competently, will surmise I killed myself because I was despondent over how this thread went.

THEN, a rag tag group of plucky go-getter internet sleuths, who had never heard of anyone killing themselves over a stupid reason, will rise together and crack the case!! Thus vindicating me. Of course I'd be dead then so you guys could really half-ass it and it wouldn't bother me none.

Corky Kneivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:11 PM   #154
rhzunam
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
When I said alone I did not mean literally alone. I meant alone without his parents there. Also you assume that it had to be 'forced' entry. It is not unusual for people to leave their doors unlocked. So if the door was unlocked than there would be no need for forced entry. How do you know how professional the killer was? Since this was never looked at as a potential homicide I guess we will never know now will we? But I still am looking for the explanation of how Tony Lombardi got the broke jaw? I mean did it just magically appear? Also who the hell kills themselves after a fight gone wrong? I mean, I have never heard of someone doing that either. They lose at a fistfight so they figure, boy, instead of getting the guy back, better go home and off myself? No, that makes zero sense. Again, you assume that there would be this big struggle and all this stuff would be disturbed but that is not necessarily true. I mean, Tony Lombardi was seen earlier that day by his parents and did not have a broken jaw. Having a broken jaw is not exactly something you could fake or cover up. So if he was alive it would be obvious his jaw was broken. So when did this 'mystery fight' happen? I mean, it could have only occurred within a very narrow period of time and also how would Tony have got to and from a certain place? His car was not at the house remember because it had been impounded by the police. Clearly he got a ride home from someone but then someone would also have had to have driven him to this 'mystery fight' I mean to me, it is kind of an absurd notion. I just think there are way too many holes in the story here, it is like a swiss cheese. I mean certainly there is not enough there to label this death either a homicide or a suicide, it should have been labeled undetermined and investigated. But it was not done.
Once again, we will never know the reason why he killed himself. So to analzye how he wouldn't kill himself over losing a fight or a DUI or anything like that is a futile exercise. Apparently every reason to kill himself is stupid in your eyes but a conspiracy of people banding together and killing someone with his gun in his house without leaving any physical evidence is perfectly understandable.
rhzunam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #155
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Whoa, where did I say it was stupid? I never said any reason was stupid. I said, I did not understand why you thought it was far fetched for a person to kill him yet you evidently do not think it is far fetched for a 22 year old man to kill himself all because he had a DUI and lived at home? I mean if that was the criteria for suicide you would see many 22 year old men out there.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #156
Mastermind

Quote:
Of course I'd be dead then so you guys could really half-ass it and it wouldn't bother me none.
You probably come back as ghost to bother all of us.

Just don;t leave your ghostly face on my television. It;s a plasma and I'd hate to junk it.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #157
Mastermind

Quote:
Ehhhh...maybe I'll get lucky. Maybe two aspiring professional hitmen, embarking on a "practice hit", while involved in an international jewel smuggling conspiracy, will take me out and dress it up like a suicide. The cops will of course not look into any of those entirely plausible scenarios and, because they hate doing their jobs competently, will surmise I killed myself because I was despondent over how this thread went.

Actually has the makings of a pretty good novel....

Maybe the Lifetime Network is interested.......
Old 02-08-2010, 06:53 PM   #158
Mastermind

Quote:
THEN, a rag tag group of plucky go-getter internet sleuths, who had never heard of anyone killing themselves over a stupid reason, will rise together and crack the case!! T
If Tom Voigt solves the Zodiac...internet sleuthing boards may come to prominence in a huge way. That would be a milestone in investigative work if a huge case like that was solved via an internet board.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #159
egswanso
Forum Regular

Quote:
If Tom Voigt solves the Zodiac...internet sleuthing boards may come to prominence in a huge way. That would be a milestone in investigative work if a huge case like that was solved via an internet board.
The big difference between Voight and this site, or Websleuths, or similar things is that Voight posted actual case documents. Until and unless we have access to the files and records in ALL these cases, we're doing nothing more than spouting opinions with little importance then hearing ourself opine (myself included) and anyone who thinks otherwise is, IMO, delusional.

I, for one, think the police would have nothing to lose by making their case files on some of these cold cases public (I suppose anyone could make a FOIA request, actually) - then the amateurs might give the professionals a run for the money.
egswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:31 PM   #160
Mastermind

Quote:
The big difference between Voight and this site, or Websleuths, or similar things is that Voight posted actual case documents. Until and unless we have access to the files and records in ALL these cases, we're doing nothing more than spouting opinions with little importance then hearing ourself opine (myself included) and anyone who thinks otherwise is, IMO, delusional.
Websleuths has links and access to documents. I'm also on there under a different name.

This board is impractical to do any serious work on it, but several of the cases listed have their own individual websites with documents, evidence and documents.

I highly recommend that if anyone is looking to explore or even actively take part in an investigation to go to a few of them.

Usually when I talk about cases, it;s usually less to frame a scenario and more to point to where I think an investigation should go. I have no illusions that armchair detective work will actually solve a case on this board.

Any real investigative work requires legwork and intesive Q & A which is something that is beyond the capabilities of ANY website.

For example solving the Tammy Leppert case involves actually visiting the site where she last was seen. how many of us can actualy do that. It also involves talking to the last person she was with. That;s a dangerous scenario considering most of us do not have a badge or gun.

70% of detective work is talking, 20% is gathering evidence, leaving a whopping 10% involved in actual deductive reasoning.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:26 PM   #161
rhzunam
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
Whoa, where did I say it was stupid? I never said any reason was stupid. I said, I did not understand why you thought it was far fetched for a person to kill him yet you evidently do not think it is far fetched for a 22 year old man to kill himself all because he had a DUI and lived at home? I mean if that was the criteria for suicide you would see many 22 year old men out there.
Once again, I don't know the reasons for him to commit suicide and nobody else does or will ever know. It's futile to think of finding out the reason. I think its far fetched because of the circumstance of the case (dying from bullets from his own gun, in his room and with no physical evidence from other parties except himself) and even more so if the evidence of the momo is discoutned, which I think are the only reasons to give doubt to the suicide verdict. The fact that most of the arguments against suicide are because of the reasons for them to be committed when they are judged by somebody else to be invalid, when we don't even know if those were the true reasons and we will never know, makes me even more certain of my take on the case.
rhzunam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:19 PM   #162
egswanso
Forum Regular

In cold cases where the actual investigation has stalled and/or been closed, armchair investigation is most useful; albeit it when it is based on the actual evidence.
egswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #163
Mastermind

Quote:
In cold cases where the actual investigation has stalled and/or been closed, armchair investigation is most useful; albeit it when it is based on the actual evidence.
1. How do you find new evidence from your armchair?
2. How do you visit a crime scene from your armchair?
3. How do you talk to people involved in the investigation by your armchair?
4. how do you interrogate someone via your armchair?
5. How do you do technical and chemical analysis from your armchair?
6. How do you apprehend someone for a crime from your armchair?

Also keep in mind that the evidence that your looking has been looked at already a multitude of times by other investigators. What are the odds that you are going to find something new that hasn;t already been looked at or discussed ad infinitum?
Old 02-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #164
Corky Kneivel
Forum Regular

Quote:

Just don;t leave your ghostly face on my television. It;s a plasma and I'd hate to junk it.

HEY!! Did you just make an ugly joke? I resemble that remark.

WhyIoughtta....
Corky Kneivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:56 PM   #165
Mastermind

Quote:
uote:

HEY!! Did you just make an ugly joke? I resemble that remark.

WhyIoughtta....
I only have your avatar to go by....