Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Green Acres links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Green Acres Photo Gallery

Green Acres - The Complete First Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete First Season on DVD
Green Acres - The Complete Second Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Green Acres - The Complete Third Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete Third Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > Green Acres

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 23, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboots for The Office and Even Hogan's Heroes?; The Boondocks Returning for Two New Seasons on HBO Max
Fri-Yay: Primetime Emmy Predictions for Comedy; Paramount Heads to Paris for New Comedy
Pop TV Renews Schitt's Creek for Sixth and Final Season, Fifth Season Marathon to Air on Sept. 21; HBO Max Revives The Boondocks
NBC Streaming Service Peacock Sets Reboots of Saved by the Bell & Punky Brewster; The Big Bang Theory Coming to HBO Max, While TBS Renews Through 2028
ABC Sets Reunions of Cheers, The Drew Carey Show, Girlfriends, Charmed, Castle and More; NBC Renews Titan Games for Season 2
Nick Slates Are You Afraid of the Dark? Premiere; Spectrum Originals Drama Goes Back Into Production for Season 2 in 2020

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-08-2005, 10:56 PM   #16
Miss Lisa

My favorite Green Acres episode is beetween the one where Oliver and Lisa get trapped in the cellar and when Oliver buys Lisa a horse for her birthday.

Last edited by Miss Lisa; 06-13-2005 at 10:03 PM.
Miss Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 12:10 AM   #17
OliverWendellDouglas
Occasional Poster

I have two :

The first is when Dilly Watkins "electronificates" the farm.

The second one is "Hooterville Image" when Ziffel and Newt Kiley make fun of Oliver for wearing
suits when he is plowing or changing oil etc.
OliverWendellDouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 10:13 PM   #18
Jack1000

Guys,

Too many to mention! But I love "Double Drick" (The one where Oliver tries to get the Hooterville friendly gas/power/electrical company to get the "electricital" (as Lisa would say!) wired into the house. He goes in a rant to the power company office and is forced to take a number to be waited on. (He has number 22, but there is no one else there except the guy behind the counter!!!) He keeps reading off the numbers: Four.....anybody got #4....five....#5....than he skips numbers telling Oliver "some of our customers walked off with them!!!" Oliver says, "Maybe they got tired of waiting!" Than Oliver says, "HERE I GOT 22!!!!" The guy goes, "Oh my! I thought we lost that one!"

But the hysteria is that in Hooterville they have to put the meter in before you get electricity!!! (Company policy!) It's put in by..........(how can you top this for laughs????) LAWYLOR THE INSTALLER!!! But, he doesn't actually measure the amount of "electricital!" That job belongs to PETER GREADER THE METER READER!!!!!!" He measures the as Lisa would say, "Killer's watts" (killawats!)

These are the funniest lines!!!!

Jack
Jack1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:37 PM   #19
lyron
Occasional Poster

Default Favorite episode - The Spot Remover episode

There can't be a favorite. I have about 12 favorites. But...

Lisa's cabbage soup (or something like that) turns out to be a miraculous spot remover. A couple of exchanges:

Doris Ziffel, holding the cleaning fluid: "Fred, do you know what this is?"
Fred Ziffel: "How do I know, you drink something different every day"
Doris: "It's cleaning fluid"
Fred: "When did you switch to that?"

Sam Drucker's new toupee falls in the pickle barrel and turns green (actually, Hank Kimball thought it was an animal, sprayed it with bug spray, beat on it with a broom, and he and Sam wrestled with it until it fell into the barrel)

Fred walks in: "Sam, you been fishin'?"
Sam: "No, why?"
Fred: "Where'd you get that seaweed?"
Sam: "Fred, it's my new toupee"
Fred: "Got one in green, hunh? Well, weirder things than that have caught on."

B
lyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:31 PM   #20
TV Knowledge Fan

Default MY favorite is...

"The Wish-Book". You couldn't get any zanier than this one. Who could forget..."Abraham Lincoln--STANDING ON HIS HEAD!!". Or, "But I vanted the cream separator!!" Or, "Dickie Mouse"! Or Tessie's bravura performance in "The Great Drain Robbery"!! Great send-up of silent movies and mail-order catalogs that just don't fill your order right!!!!

TV Knowledge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:11 AM   #21
Mikado
Main st bridge
Forum Celebrity

the one where Oliver FINALLY gets a real crop..of apples, but, after renting a truck to bring them to market, nothing goes right
Mikado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:49 PM   #22
ohfertheluva
Occasional Poster

There are so many but...........I would have to say that mine is the episode where Oliver is asked to be a judge. They were vague (of course) as to what kind of judge. They meant "apple judge" and Oliver thought they meant an actual court of law judge. He went to the trouble of flying to New York to tell his mother and he visited his old law school professor to get some advice........"Do you want judge lessons" the professor asks. Lisa takes a phone call from someone back in "Hootersville" and tells Oliver they were calling about him judging apples. He immediately scolds her for not taking the message accurately......for surely (he thinks) they were refering to him being a judge on the appellate court. Gotta love it!
ohfertheluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:36 PM   #23
Lvanett
Frequent Poster

My favorite ep is definitely "A Square Is Not Round". (This is the one where one of the chickens lays square eggs, and they try to find out who it is....but....I won't reveal the rest!) The first time I saw this on TV, I missed the first few minutes. I was SO GLAD when it was part of the Season 2 DVD. I love the idea of being able to make the toaster work just by saying "Five". My favorite part of this ep is when Mr. Haney comes by after learning of the square eggs, and offers Mr. Douglas and "slightly used number 3 toaster." Mr. Douglas replies, "no thanks, I've got a five" - and at that moment the hood to Haney's truck flies open. Haney mutters, "the fella that sold me this truck said it had a number two hood." Toward the end of the scene, as Haney's about to board his truck, he loudly says the number "SEVEN" and the truck starts up! LOL!!!

Also, my fave eps are any where they feature the "names" (such as Directed by______) on things like eggs, plywood, etc. during the opening credits. Someone would often say "there's those names again" or something to that effect!

That's why I love this show so much....it never took itself, or its characters seriously!
Lvanett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:40 PM   #24
triboy46
First Time Poster

Default My favorite

The Engagement Ring, Lisa at her best, smart, caring, seductively cunning
triboy46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:51 AM   #25
Dusty's Fan

I really liked the episodes in which Fred Ziffel shows that he's re-shingled a portion of his roof with Lisa's pancakes, and the one in which the old tractor is hopped up (Oliver starts it up and it takes off like a rocket!).

I loved many that you've mentioned. The spot remover episode was brilliant. How about the one in which the "artwork" arrives at the Douglas home, and turns out to be an incredible mess of plumbing pipes?

There are lots, though; if I had to name one, I would probably choose the very first episode as my favorite.
Dusty's Fan is offline   Reply With Quote