Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Fall Pilot Review: Bob Hearts Abishola - Premieres Monday (Sept. 23); ABC Fall Pilot Review: mixed-ish - Premieres Tuesday (Sept. 24)
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 23, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboots for The Office and Even Hogan's Heroes?; The Boondocks Returning for Two New Seasons on HBO Max
Fri-Yay: Primetime Emmy Predictions for Comedy; Paramount Heads to Paris for New Comedy
Pop TV Renews Schitt's Creek for Sixth and Final Season, Fifth Season Marathon to Air on Sept. 21; HBO Max Revives The Boondocks
NBC Streaming Service Peacock Sets Reboots of Saved by the Bell & Punky Brewster; The Big Bang Theory Coming to HBO Max, While TBS Renews Through 2028
ABC Sets Reunions of Cheers, The Drew Carey Show, Girlfriends, Charmed, Castle and More; NBC Renews Titan Games for Season 2

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-05-2015, 11:39 PM   #91
NDAlum2003
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageSlowdive
I just hope Steve Dahl (if they were lovers) was able to move on from such a traumatic loss.
Me too, for both Steve and Teresa, though I didn't get the impression they were lovers, but close friends. It was kind of neat how they all moved together to LA and were roommates. I am guessing this was in the West Hollywood area.
NDAlum2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:25 PM   #92
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum2003
Me too, for both Steve and Teresa, though I didn't get the impression they were lovers, but close friends. It was kind of neat how they all moved together to LA and were roommates. I am guessing this was in the West Hollywood area.
Stack said they were all friends since they were little kids. That's really the only information UM said about their pre-California lives.

I'd be curious to know how Steve and Teresa are doing today. They were likable interviewees.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:49 PM   #93
DazzlerSparkler
Sharon Kinne Imposter
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to DazzlerSparkler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
Stack said they were all friends since they were little kids. That's really the only information UM said about their pre-California lives.

I'd be curious to know how Steve and Teresa are doing today. They were likable interviewees.

We should find them!
Old 09-10-2015, 02:09 AM   #94
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

There is a Teresa Dahl on Facebook, but it's hard to tell if it's really her because she has glasses on and Teresa didn't wear glasses in the interview. Plus I looked at her friends list and there's no Steve or whatever his full name is. He himself might have passed or this Teresa Dahl is a different one.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:48 PM   #95
marlins3
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I forgot about Selena. I also believe she was a lesbian. And there was also that segment about the lady who was very accurate in her police composite sketches (don't remember her name) and she was filmed on camera doing one of her drawings with an eyewitness who was holding playdoh as he talked. I always figured that guy was gay as well for some reason.

Why the speculations on Matthew Chase and the well-coiffed man that hosted "Jason" in the Jeannie Boyland segment?
marlins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 01:55 PM   #96
marlins3
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=thinwhiteduke74]Oh wow. Recent post too. I'm still amazed some of you could tell he was gay from his photo though (and I'm gay). The show still elided mention of his sexuality. Had Matthew Chase been dating Teresa Dahl, the show would have mentioned it, e.g. "He was living in L.A. with his girlfriend Teresa Dahl and her brother Steven."[/QUOTE/]

The site says it was arumor that he was homosexual. There was no concrete proof.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:02 PM   #97
marlins3
Forum Regular

There was once a passing thought that Deborah Poe and her roommate ("We had an unusual friendship") was homosexual. But, I doubt that was the case. I think they were just friends living together.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:21 PM   #98
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlins3
The site says it was arumor that he was homosexual. There was no concrete proof.
That isn't the case at all. I was the one who uncovered the post and I distinctly remember it was coming from somebody who knew all 3 of them. Specifically, he used to sit next to Teresa Dahl in algebra class. Apparently, Matthew and his boyfriend were out and it was pretty well known in the area. Not a rumor. I guess you could call the claim unverified, but I really don't know what motive anyone would have for spreading false information on a person that's been dead for 27 years.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 02:30 PM   #99
WishfulDreamer

I also thought that people from their hometown said Matt protested not being able to take his boyfriend to prom? Or was that a rumor?
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 02:37 PM   #100
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
I also thought that people from their hometown said Matt protested not being able to take his boyfriend to prom? Or was that a rumor?
That was from the same article. I tend to believe it, since it was also stated he took a mannequin to the prom in spite of it. That's not something somebody can make up.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:38 PM   #101
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlins3
Why the speculations on Matthew Chase and the well-coiffed man that hosted "Jason" in the Jeannie Boyland segment?
Well there's also a possibility that Richard Simmons is a completely heterosexual man.

But I doubt it.
Old 09-12-2015, 03:36 PM   #102
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
That was from the same article. I tend to believe it, since it was also stated he took a mannequin to the prom in spite of it. That's not something somebody can make up.
I agree. I mean, I guess someone could make it up, but it seems so random and detailed that why would they have reason to?

On a side note, I think about this case a lot. I wouldn't go use an ATM late at night in my own relatively safe suburb of L.A. county, but in the heart of L.A. itself, downtown? I shiver to think about it. The thing about downtown is that there are plenty of places that are just fine. You'll see people dressed up and partying. But go a couple of blocks astray and suddenly you'll want to turn back and get the heck out of there. I don't even feel at ease surrounded by burly male friends down there. I'm guessing that this was something Matt had done before and he felt fine doing it as long as he was quick about it. Unfortunately, he picked the wrong time and place
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:30 AM   #103
LaurierCrimmajor
Frequent Poster

I've always caught a vibe in the military friends who both committed suicide(or did they?) case. The story is pitched conspiratorially and they were both married to women, but something about the despondent psych write-up on the second "suicide" always hinked me towards something else.
LaurierCrimmajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:34 PM   #104
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
OMG. The more and more I read about Matthew Chase, the more I like him. That's hilarious. And probably quite provocative for the 1980's. Good on him.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:03 PM   #105
theero
Frequent Poster

If all of that was true about Matt Chase, then he was a cool person, not too many gay guys in the 80's were out especially in high school, and if he took that mannequin to the prom then wow. He could have been a great role model, who knows what he could have done.

Sad Case, sometimes you wonder what these young people would have done had they not been murdered, or gone Missing
theero is offline   Reply With Quote