Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-19-2010, 10:19 AM   #136
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworkhigh
Yes I did. And I wouldn't put it past that putz Dixon to post on here either. Although if it was Dixon he didn't seem to deny any rumours about him being gay or a murderer.
Well I think he was trying to act like a thrid party sticking up for Dixon rather than admitting to being Dixon himself. I know Mastermind and myself PM him a few times but never received a response. I mean come on, who else would know about these Taco Bell rendezvous than Dixon himself.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:05 PM   #137
murrishmo
First Time Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
If that's the case, then this murder will never be solved. Damn shame too because it seems like such a unreasonable murder. If the sheriffs office really is that corrupt, then it would take a miracle to get a new sheriff elected and new deputies on the force. I believe that someone who had posted on this thread claimed to be from the town where this occurred. I wonder if that person has any suspicions of the police force being corrupt?
I was born and raised in Hood River and I know Sheriff Wampler and his family. Of course nice people are capable of murder, but I really have a hard time believing that he did this, because he is a genuinely warm and kind person.

Nothing much happens in Hood River. It's a very safe town, it's really small, and I think it's really unlikely that a hitman was involved. We just don't have those kind of resources here.
murrishmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:23 PM   #138
Mastermind

Okay...last reponse I swear!!!

[QUOTE]Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
If that's the case, then this murder will never be solved. Damn shame too because it seems like such a unreasonable murder. If the sheriffs office really is that corrupt, then it would take a miracle to get a new sheriff elected and new deputies on the force. I believe that someone who had posted on this thread claimed to be from the town where this occurred. I wonder if that person has any suspicions of the police force being corrupt?

I was born and raised in Hood River and I know Sheriff Wampler and his family. Of course nice people are capable of murder, but I really have a hard time believing that he did this, because he is a genuinely warm and kind person.

Nothing much happens in Hood River. It's a very safe town, it's really small, and

Quote:
I think it's really unlikely that a hitman was involved.
We just don't have those kind of resources here.
All that means is you just don;t have professional hitman who do hits for a living.

If you are in a small town you still have
1. law enforcement and ex-law enforcement
2. ex-cons
3. drug dealers
4. drunks and drug addicts
5.current and ex-soldiers
6. juvenile delinquents
7. psychopaths

All of which can be hired to hit someone.

People tend to believe that just because there is no violent crime in an area, that there is no criminal activity occuring. Drug use, contraband and illegal business activity exist in every town in america. It just doesn't lead to people shooting each other as it does in large cities. If there is no competition and criminals are happy..they don;t kill anybody.

That being said...

1.Marijauna dealing was/is very large Oregon if I remember. That alone brings potential hitmen. I think crystal meth was even making it's way inroads then.

2. Hood River is a port city. Where you have ports..there is always the potential for contraband and smuggling which is done by.

3. I could be wrong but Hood River is near a reservation. The spillage crime on Indian Reservation is something to consider.

Quote:
I really have a hard time believing that he did this, because he is a genuinely warm and kind person.
I'm sure his and would probably enjoy talking to him and having him as a friend or a relative.

However he also;
1. Carries a gun
2. Has into potentially dangerous situations.
3. Is a politician and has to play the political game to keep his job.
4. has enemies that would want to see him either dead or banished from the job.
5. Has to reduce crime in the area using tactical methods.

You don't get to be a sheriff for as long as Wampler by simply being a nice guy.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #139
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrishmo

Nothing much happens in Hood River. It's a very safe town, it's really small, and I think it's really unlikely that a hitman was involved. We just don't have those kind of resources here.
Since you know them, was Wampler's wife indeed having an affair with Eric, which had been rumored? Also, do you know Don Dixon? If so, is he the squirly person he comes across on tv and Eric Smith said he was or was he truly a close friend of Eric Tamiyasu's?
Old 03-21-2010, 04:10 PM   #140
NeoNonsense
First Time Poster

In the UM segment, Dixon first claims that he discovered the body, said a prayer, and then went downstairs to call the police. Later on in the segment it was revealed that Dixon also called Eric's sister, and mentioned that there weren't any exit wounds. Dixon explained that he had examined the body to look for any evidence of suicide. It's interesting that he didn't mention that before. It's also interesting that Dixon claims he was doing his own investigation on the body, especially when the body was in such an advanced state of decomposition. Personally if I found my close friend dead like that I wouldn't be able to stay in the room for long, let alone poke around the decomposed body looking for exit wounds.
NeoNonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:19 PM   #141
Clockworkhigh
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoNonsense
In the UM segment, Dixon first claims that he discovered the body, said a prayer, and then went downstairs to call the police. Later on in the segment it was revealed that Dixon also called Eric's sister, and mentioned that there weren't any exit wounds. Dixon explained that he had examined the body to look for any evidence of suicide. It's interesting that he didn't mention that before. It's also interesting that Dixon claims he was doing his own investigation on the body, especially when the body was in such an advanced state of decomposition. Personally if I found my close friend dead like that I wouldn't be able to stay in the room for long, let alone poke around the decomposed body looking for exit wounds.
Yes a normal person would not have the stomach or even the heart to see their dead friend there. You'd either go screaming out of the room or be vomitting in the toilet by the sounds of how Eric's body was found.

But that is just the thing. Dixon likely wasn't very close to Eric at all. And he probably murdered him too which is something no one here goes against.
Clockworkhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:17 PM   #142
Mastermind

Just came across a thought..I think this was mentioned before..

..what if Don Dixon and Eric Tamiyasu were growing marijuana on Eric's orchard's? (can you do that from those type of orchards?)

It would explain Don and Eric's mysterious relationship

"He's someone I buy spray from.."

"Most of his friends never heard of Don"
Old 03-25-2010, 07:11 PM   #143
StackTime
Here's the kicker Frank
Frequent Poster

I bet that Eric would ignore Don's friend request on Facebook had it existed then
StackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:58 PM   #144
soilentgreen
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackTime
I bet that Eric would ignore Don's friend request on Facebook had it existed then
I'm laughing at the thought of the 'Taco Bell rendezvous' being posted on facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
what if Don Dixon and Eric Tamiyasu were growing marijuana on Eric's orchard's? (can you do that from those type of orchards?)
Good question; I've heard enough about marijuana (known or unknown to the landowner) being planted in corn fields, so it could be a possibility with an orchard, especially in a very isolated location. Didn't the segment say that Tamiyasu's business wasn't thriving?

The relationship seems so one sided; no one besides Dixon (and mssamspade) claim they were close.
soilentgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:29 AM   #145
Hambone2421

I really wish that person that posted on here a few months back claiming the Taco Bell rendezvous, would post again. We all have questions for that person. Its obvious that it is either Don Dixon or someone close to Dixon.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:13 PM   #146
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy

The cops were dumb but Don was dodgey and I reckon he committed the murder.
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:18 PM   #147
Mastermind

Quote:
Good question; I've heard enough about marijuana (known or unknown to the landowner) being planted in corn fields, so it could be a possibility with an orchard
You know that thought never occured to me..that someone could have been growing on Eric's land without his knowledge. If Eric found out about it, that would be motive enough to kill him.

I wonder if Don Dixon's close relationship was because he was trying to get Eric to go in with him on growing.

I wonder who runs the orchards know that Eric has passed away?
Old 03-29-2010, 09:35 PM   #148
MegtheEgg86
Forum 4K Club Member

Quote:

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:48 AM   #149
Corky Kneivel
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
I bet Eric's dad could beat up Don Dixon's dad.

This post is wild speculative.
Corky Kneivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:19 PM   #150
Mastermind

Quote:
Quote:

Not unless he wants Don to buy more "spray" from Don.

Seriously,

Why does that phrase "Don is someone I bought spray from. Period." bothering me???

The other Eric seems to insinuate that Don Dixon is practically a stranger. But throughout the interview the other Eric seems to convey that he knew Don a little better that the rest of Eric's family. Why else would he say "Don lives in a fantasy world."?

What I am getting at is that I don't think Don Dixon and Eric Tamiyasu's relationship is as one-sided as the other Eric says.