Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-22-2019, 12:01 PM   #121
crystaldawn
Forum 4K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGalexy View Post
I swear CD, you wrote your latest blog entry just for me, lol! The Kerstetter case is easily in my top 5 most heavily followed cases, and I was positively delighted to find out that not only had the original surveillance tape been released, but that you'd managed to dig up enough info for a Kerstetter sequel. (I'd like to give a shout out to Guardian here for helping out with the footage).

I also have to say that I've been taking some time to catch up on The Trail Went Cold podcast, and thought to myself, how awesome would it be if CD also did a podcast?. Then I came across your segment in Unfound, lol! Thanks again CD...it's nice to see such an ice cold case hasn't been completely forgotten.
Aww thank you so much Blue Galexy!! Sorry for just now responding. I have even more info on the Dale Kerstetter case that will eventually all come out. Stay tuned....

I have considered doing a podcast but not sure so we'll see what 2020 brings.

I did just post another article today. Not a UM segment but a well known case that I'm sure many of you are familiar with and one you can't help but think of this time of year.

https://lostnfoundblogs.com/f/the-so...nightmare-noel

Also stay tuned because I did guest on a podcast where we discussed some UM cases and I believe its being posted in the next day or two so I'll be sure to put a link on here when it's up.
Old 01-19-2020, 12:50 PM   #122
crystaldawn
Forum 4K Club Member

Hello! My latest entry in my blog is a little bit different. It's 10 quick write-ups of people found dead under mysterious deaths. The majority of these have been featured on UM so I'm sure you guys will all remember these cases.

https://lostnfoundblogs.com/f/grave-...terious-deaths

I'm working on my next 'deep dive' article and it's about a UM case that is familiar to you all. Hope to have it posted next month.

Also if anyone is interested, I was a guest host on the Re-Solved Mysteries podcast recently. These women are great and love Unsolved Mysteries. Here are the links:

Here is a link. It's on Forgotten Few:Holiday Episode Part 1 and 2.

https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/res...oxmsWbJHkxypnw

On Part 1 we talk about the Marlena Childress segment. On Part 2 I am interviewed about the Jon Bunting segment.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:04 PM   #123
crystaldawn
Forum 4K Club Member

Hey I just published my article and its about another very well known UM case - Nyleen Kay Marshall. Here's the link if you want to check it out.

https://lostnfoundblogs.com/f/nyleen...ic-or-sadistic
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:16 PM   #124
Yusuke
Frequent Poster

Before 2018, Bob Gleich was the Jefferson County detective for Nyleen's case. Surprisingly, LooksLikeCRicci knows who he is. On the phone, he told me he felt the media doesn't "portray" Nyleen's case that well.

The "childhood squabble" spin is questionable. Sometimes newspapers get small details wrong. Based on this inquiry, it sounds like the last of Nyleen's whereabouts was through a 13-year-old girl leaving her near a forest service road by a cabin.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ds/7HCbriGaOs0

I think the guy in Wisconsin had certain connections (nothing criminal, probably a former Montanian who knew what he knew through gossip, etc), and that's why he's privy. DarkDante once speculated he knew what Nyleen wore, but if you look very closely on the missing poster on Unsolved Mysteries, it tells you (something like bright yellow shirt and pale orange shorts).

Last edited by Yusuke; 02-27-2020 at 01:11 PM.
Yusuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 11:34 AM   #125
Labonte18
Frequent Poster

I totally agree. This is most likely just a tragic case of a small child being lost in the wilderness.

I couldn't find an Alhambra, MT on google maps. But.. It's friggin' Montana.. There's just nothing there, even in the cities. That's why people love living there.
Labonte18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:11 PM   #126
Yusuke
Frequent Poster

Alhambra is a bit south from Clancy.
Old 02-27-2020, 02:17 PM   #127
Labonte18
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusuke View Post
Alhambra is a bit south from Clancy.
Ah, it's a subdivision of Clancy.. A town with 1600 people.

Even Helena, which it isn't far from, only has a population of 28k. If she did get lost in the woods and if they had gotten every resident of Helena out there to search, it's likely they wouldn't find her.

Sometimes it's easier to blame a boogeyman or the unknown than believe what's right in front of you. That's my feeling of what happened here.

It's a really tragic story, especially with what happened to the wife.

I do wonder if they were Mormon missionaries.. someone to go from Montana to Japan to Mexico.. That's a strange journey.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:09 PM   #128
Yusuke
Frequent Poster

They moved to Japan because of Kim's job.

I don't think this is a case of "blaming the boogeyman." Her last whereabouts, after the 13-year-old girl left her, was with a guy in a jogging suit seen by three other children. He must know the layout (the area, the picnic, where adults and kids hung out) and an alternative parking space (to getaway car without being noticed).
Old 02-27-2020, 07:23 PM   #129
Labonte18
Frequent Poster

Quote:
They moved to Japan because of Kim's job.

I don't think this is a case of "blaming the boogeyman." Her last whereabouts, after the 13-year-old girl left her, was with a guy in a jogging suit seen by three other children. He must know the layout (the area, the picnic, where adults and kids hung out) and an alternative parking space (to getaway car without being noticed).
Two points here.

1) It's still odd to have a 'job' going from Montana to Japan to Mexico. Unless.. His job were somehow tied to the church. Which is why I brought up 'missionaries' because.. While technically the term may not be correct.. That's how I would consider it. Perhaps he was in the regional HQ for the mormon church or something. Not a whole lot of corporations in Montana.

At the end of the day.. This matters not. Because, who cares if he was or wasn't. Just looking to explain the odd movements.

2) My point was in agreeing with CD where she thinks it's most likely just a tragic accident / wandering off situation. Far, far, far too often, people look for things to explain away what is in front of them. Searching for straws so that there's hope.

Sometimes, a guy in a jogging suit is.. Just a jogger.

And I think, if this guy actually existed, which is.. Questionable. He is totally unrelated. Unfortunately, the most likely scenario, in my eyes, is that this poor little girl wandered off.. Got lost, and likely died of exposure within 48 hours. From there.. We have all kinds of wildlife that could drag the remains to locations that they will never be located.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:11 PM   #130
Yusuke
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Far, far, far too often, people look for things to explain away what is in front of them. Searching for straws so that there's hope.
An abduction isn't anymore hopeful than dying from exposure or a wild animal attack. And suspecting an abduction isn't "grasping at straws" when her last whereabouts was of her interacting with a suspicious person.

Quote:
Sometimes, a guy in a jogging suit is.. Just a jogger.
He was seen popping out behind trees by two girls and creeping one out with a simple greeting. Then a 6-year-old boy saw him tell her to "follow the shadow." Nothing indicative of him jogging except when Nyleen shouted "my brother can run faster than you!" but that was likely directed to the 13-year-old girl running.

Quote:
And I think, if this guy actually existed, which is.. Questionable. He is totally unrelated.
Why would his existence be questionable? How can he TOTALLY be unrelated when he showed suspicious behavior (hiding from behind trees, telling Nyleen to "follow the shadow"). He "could be" unrelated, but "totally" is just pushing it.
Old 02-28-2020, 12:07 AM   #131
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

I have always struggled over the thought of a bare foot 4 year old wandering off so far that none of the adults at the picnic and then eventual HUGE search parties could not find a trace of her. I just think she would have been found and not long after the search began. If Nyleen were say, 14 years old, then I would be more willing to accept her being able to walk out too far and die of exposure.

I would love to read the letter in full. It's at least 3-4 pages. We only saw half of one page and half of another on the UM segment. UM focused on the locations the letter writer traveled to and the rest of us, (by pausing our TV screens) saw the physical description of her as well as that...unfortunate sentence with the teaspoon of...you know. I've read online that there were accurate things about Nyleen mentioned in the letter that were NOT released to the public. If that is indeed true, you CANNOT write this off as death by exposure.

Evil can lurk everywhere, even in the most remote of locations. The Jacob Wetterling saga showed us that. It wouldn't have surprised me if the man, who the children already established as not being part of the group but interacting with them anyway, could have been behind this.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 01:02 AM   #132
Yusuke
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88 View Post
I would love to read the letter in full. It's at least 3-4 pages. We only saw half of one page and half of another on the UM segment. UM focused on the locations the letter writer traveled to and the rest of us, (by pausing our TV screens) saw the physical description of her as well as that...unfortunate sentence with the teaspoon of...you know. I've read online that there were accurate things about Nyleen mentioned in the letter that were NOT released to the public. If that is indeed true, you CANNOT write this off as death by exposure.
The guy in Wisconsin knew things that weren't released to the general public. That could've come from anywhere like knowing a cop who worked on the case, knowing the family, knowing the extended family, etc. I've seen someone spin that as "things only the kidnapper would know," which is quite a stretch.

I believe someone took her too, but I don't think the letters are the strongest piece of evidence for that.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:15 AM   #133
Sundance
Occasional Poster

Quote:
An abduction isn't anymore hopeful than dying from exposure or a wild animal attack. And suspecting an abduction isn't "grasping at straws" when her last whereabouts was of her interacting with a suspicious person.

He was seen popping out behind trees by two girls and creeping one out with a simple greeting. Then a 6-year-old boy saw him tell her to "follow the shadow." Nothing indicative of him jogging except when Nyleen shouted "my brother can run faster than you!" but that was likely directed to the 13-year-old girl running.

Why would his existence be questionable? How can he TOTALLY be unrelated when he showed suspicious behavior (hiding from behind trees, telling Nyleen to "follow the shadow"). He "could be" unrelated, but "totally" is just pushing it.
His existence is questionable because the story comes days later from children.
Sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 02:14 PM   #134
Labonte18
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Exactly.

Quote:
There has been much attention given to a possible sighting of a strange man in a jogging suit near the picnic area around the time when the man went missing. I was surprised to find not much mention of him in the articles around the time Nyleen went missing. In fact, in the days after the disappearance this was reported in the newspaper: “Officials said Tuesday that any chances of foul play or kidnapping had been ruled out because the area was so isolated and those attending the exercise were mostly close friends of the family.” It was only 5 days later that 2 very young children came forward and said that they saw one man near the area in a jogging suit they didn’t recognize. I couldn’t find any accounts of adult sightings of this unknown man however.
It's things like this that make me really like CD's posts on cases like this. If you read current accounts.. Everyone is fixated on the man in the jogging suit. But.. You go back and look at the articles from the timeframe.. And there's hardly any mention.

What does that mean? In general, it means someone who writes blog posts, or does a news piece on a case needed to punch it up some. "oh, the girl went missing? Ok, let's play up the guy in a jogging suit angle so that it's more interesting. More interesting = More Ratings". These people do a great disservice.

Then.. people who see that, take the spin as gospel.. and suddenly, everyone's fixated and looking for a guy in a jogging suit who.. Perhaps
or probably.. Never even existed in the first place.

This is where CD did such a great job on this posting.. Not that it hasn't been a great job on the others as well. But.. The BS was cut through. The hype to get ratings was removed and a very factual and accurate blog posting was done. Which, to me, is the most important thing.

As for the whole 'keeping hope alive'.. absolutely an abduction leaves, at least some, hope. Believing someone was abducted leaves the chance, no matter how slim, they are still alive. Believing that they died of exposure or an animal attack.. There's no hope there. Kinda like, if you have the dead body of the person in front of you.. Hope is gone at that point. How this is difficult to understand I don't know.

I'll also point out another passage in CD's post.

Quote:
In fact, Lewis & Clark County Search Coordinator Ralph DeCunzon was quoted in a newspaper article as saying: “undergrowth in the area was so thick that searchers could have walked past the child and not seen her”.
Old 02-29-2020, 02:32 AM   #135
Yusuke
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Reluctant witnesses are common, especially if they fear the guy in the jogging suit will come after them. And they also have the possibility of the search turning up Nyleen to fall back on, but they kept getting empty handed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
It's things like this that make me really like CD's posts on cases like this. If you read current accounts.. Everyone is fixated on the man in the jogging suit. But.. You go back and look at the articles from the timeframe.. And there's hardly any mention.
The first wave of news articles wanted to be about the search that was in effect at that time. The guy in the jogging suit leads were fresh, so they were probably withheld for obvious reasons. And the initial rule out of foul play doesn't undermine my argument since LE now takes an abduction into strong consideration (Tim Campbell and Ralph DeCunzo believing there was an abduction).

Quote:
What does that mean? In general, it means someone who writes blog posts, or does a news piece on a case needed to punch it up some. "oh, the girl went missing? Ok, let's play up the guy in a jogging suit angle so that it's more interesting. More interesting = More Ratings". These people do a great disservice.

Then.. people who see that, take the spin as gospel.. and suddenly, everyone's fixated and looking for a guy in a jogging suit who.. Perhaps
or probably.. Never even existed in the first place.
Yes, I know journalists spin things for ratings. Yes, I know people who go missing in forest probably got lost or attacked by a wild animal. How do these undermine the guy in the jogging suit? How is pointing out children saw her with a strange person a disservice? Is it also disservice to Morgan Nick's case they bring up the redneck she talked to? Is it because it goes against the narrative it has to be death by exposure?

Give me an example of blogs, articles, etc. that spun the guy in the jogging suit angle. Unsolved Mysteries? That was playing up the Wisconsin guy, even suggesting a connection between that and the reported "sightings."

Quote:
This is where CD did such a great job on this posting.. Not that it hasn't been a great job on the others as well. But.. The BS was cut through. The hype to get ratings was removed and a very factual and accurate blog posting was done. Which, to me, is the most important thing.
I don't think it was bad either, and in fact, it's one of the best pieces on Nyleen's case along with that 2018 Reddit post. It's so far the most informative piece on Nancy's death. But I have to disagree with her opinion on Nyleen wandering off.

Quote:
As for the whole 'keeping hope alive'.. absolutely an abduction leaves, at least some, hope. Believing someone was abducted leaves the chance, no matter how slim, they are still alive. Believing that they died of exposure or an animal attack.. There's no hope there. Kinda like, if you have the dead body of the person in front of you.. Hope is gone at that point. How this is difficult to understand I don't know.
You do have bit of a point, but the hope Nancy had hinges on Nyleen being raised by an apparent pedophile.

Quote:
I'll also point out another passage in CD's post.
I already read that in the newspaper clipping itself. It doesn't go against the idea of an abduction.

Last edited by Yusuke; 02-29-2020 at 05:54 AM.