Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-30-2018, 06:13 PM   #76
DALLASTEXAN!!

A few weeks ago I was driving through the dark English country side. I saw a vape of fog rising in the road. At first I thought it was a person crossing the road so I slowed and flashed my bright lights. nothing was there....definitely worth getting some electromagnetic readings.
DALLASTEXAN!! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:14 PM   #77
Barbaro
Occasional Poster

Kathleen Flynn

https://truecrimediva.com/kathleen-f...ticut-in-1986/
Barbaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 02:17 PM   #78
EighthStreet
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88 View Post
The Oakland County Child Killer. He killed 4 children, 2 boys and 2 girls, between 1976 and 1977. They were all separately abducted off the streets in broad daylight and held for days. All of them were bathed and their clothes had been washed clean before they were taken out and killed, then left in snowbanks. This happened in southeast Michigan, about 15-20 miles from where I live and grew up.

There was an interesting fact regarding the final victim, Timothy King. After he disappeared, his parents were interviewed on the local news. His mother pleaded with the kidnapper for Tim to be reunited with the family so she could feed him his favorite dinner; Kentucky Fried Chicken. When Tim's body was found and exhumed, the contents of his stomach showed that he had been fed Kentucky Fried Chicken shortly before being killed.

I could see a case like this being featured on UM. I wasn't born yet when this all went down. My parents were newlyweds and they remember the news broadcasts. But I don't think this case got much local publicity through the years. I, personally, didn't hear of the case until I was in high school.

Unfortunately, after 40 years, the families still have no closure. There are possible suspects but nothing definite.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/d...40-years-later
It is surprising that there isn't more coverage of the OCCK. Especially because there's a cover-up angle to the story.
EighthStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:32 AM   #79
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran

Michelle Lee Rust is one that I've always thought would have made a good UM segment. I'm acquainted with her husband.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:33 AM   #80
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EighthStreet View Post
It is surprising that there isn't more coverage of the OCCK. Especially because there's a cover-up angle to the story.
After watching the 4 episode 'Children in the Snow,' series on Investigation Discovery, my head felt like it was spinning. Especially in part when they made a possible connection the killer might have had to the pedophile ring on Fox Island.

I was also struck by a lack of sympathy some investigators had for the family members of the victims in recent years. Just because 42 years have passed, doesn't mean those wounds have healed.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:54 AM   #81
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
Michelle Lee Rust is one that I've always thought would have made a good UM segment. I'm acquainted with her husband.
I had never heard of this case but it sounds interesting. How well are you acquainted with the husband? The article you referenced sounds innocent enough, but after reading the Charley Project page on her, he sounds like he might be another Larry Race:

Quote:
Dwight was the last person to see his wife before she vanished. He had reportedly had several extramarital affairs and Michelle was afraid that one of his girlfriends might hurt her. Dwight, who began dating Michelle when she was a freshman in high school and married her in 1997, maintains his innocence in his wife's disappearance and states he does not believe she left of her own free will. He filed for divorce from Michelle in 2007 and sought custody of their son.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:05 PM   #82
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller View Post
I had never heard of this case but it sounds interesting. How well are you acquainted with the husband? The article you referenced sounds innocent enough, but after reading the Charley Project page on her, he sounds like he might be another Larry Race:
Not what I would consider well acquainted. Just works for a company that does business with the company I work for. And the police have only ruled out 2 people as suspects, both of her parents. When you read between the lines of most of the local reporting, the majority of people think he had something to do with it.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:36 PM   #83
Mike82
Frequent Poster

I have mentioned this on the board before but I reiterate that the Sydney River McDonalds murders of 1992 would have been the perfect case for UM, mostly because it was unsolved for a while and was such a senseless, brutal crime. As well, just like most UM cases the perps were caught, convicted and have since been released. It was very similar to the Las Cruses Bowling Alley murders in that the victims were the textbook definitions of innocent victims that were senselessly killed in a robbery.

Another quality case would be the disappearance of Kimberley McAndrew. It happened in 1988 and she has never been found, nor has a suspect ever been (officially) made public. This case would have been perfect because there were other murders of young women in Nova Scotia around that time and it could have given the police force the black eye it deserved for bungling the case.
Mike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 01:04 PM   #84
ghosthouse
Frequent Poster

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/26/us/ch...rnd/index.html

Christy Mirack was a teacher from my school district that was murdered in 1992. It went unsolved for more than 20 years, but they just recently solved the case -- By using DNA found at the scene and running it through genealogy websites, just like they did with the Golden State Killer.
ghosthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 07:26 AM   #85
jlynntrail75
First Time Poster

https://subscriber.thenewsenterprise...anchez-hawkins

This cold case is interesting because of the potential ties to another violent attack nearby and it seems like it could be solved based on the evidence and description of the truck at the scene of the crime.
jlynntrail75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 09:12 PM   #86
GyorkLady
Occasional Poster

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Maria_Ridulph

Maria Ridulph's murder, reportedly the oldest cold case murder to be solved in Illinois. But the conviction was overturned in 2016 after a review of the evidence determined that the suspect had been wrongfully convicted, and he was declared innocent in 2017.
Old 12-29-2019, 09:45 AM   #87
spiraleyes
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyorkLady View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Maria_Ridulph

Maria Ridulph's murder, reportedly the oldest cold case murder to be solved in Illinois. But the conviction was overturned in 2016 after a review of the evidence determined that the suspect had been wrongfully convicted, and he was declared innocent in 2017.
Wow, I saw this case on 48 Hours "Cold as Ice". The girl who was with Maria at the time who had seen thousands of lineups over the years positively identified McCullough. Along with the sick things his sister said he had done to them which he never denied, I really thought the conviction was justified. Sad case either way.
spiraleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 08:50 AM   #88
EighthStreet
Occasional Poster

https://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/...im_in_199.html

This is a local hit-and-run case that pops up every few years. The driver at one point sent an apology letter to the family. It has all the right pieces for a segment.

Quote:
MIDLAND — Richard McRoberts says the hit-and-run driver who left his son to die 19 years ago today has suffered long enough.

Gregory S. McRoberts was struck while riding his bicycle about 7 p.m. Dec. 12, 1991, near his home at 1862 S. Meridian in Lee Township, said Sheriff Jerry Nielsen.

Police found McRoberts’ body Jan. 4, 1992. The 24-year-old Lee Township man was partially submerged in a ditch on the west side of South Meridian south of Bradford, said Nielsen.

Investigators today released a two-page anonymous letter apparently written by the mystery driver more than five years ago.
EighthStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 10:33 PM   #89
ChrisInMI
Occasional Poster

The disappearance of Pamela Hobley and Patricia Spencer. They were two high-school students from Oscoda, a small town in northern Michigan, who disappeared on Halloween night 1969 and haven't been heard from since. They were on their way to a homecoming football game and a Halloween party, but apparently never showed up at the party. Both girls had reportedly experimented with drugs and there was speculation that they'd run away voluntarily, but apparently they were making positive changes in their lives and also didn't take their purses or anything else with them when they left. Hobley was also reportedly engaged to be married. Investigators believe both girls were murdered, but their bodies have never been found.
ChrisInMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 05:45 PM   #90
MIKEPR
Frequent Poster

Don't think they ever featured the 1966 murder of Valerie Percy daughter of the late Senator Charles Percy.
MIKEPR is offline   Reply With Quote