Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-08-2017, 01:10 PM   #61
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Forum 3K Club Member

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drown Soda
I'm from Portland, OR and the Kyron Horman disappearance is definitely UM material. He went missing in 2008 and it was huge news. Still unsolved, though most people suspect his stepmother. It's a fascinating case.
Montana isn't far from Portland. It made news here, too. Such an odd disappearance. I agree with those who suspect the stepmother...
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:00 PM   #62
Drown Soda
Superstitious cinephile
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
Montana isn't far from Portland. It made news here, too. Such an odd disappearance. I agree with those who suspect the stepmother...
Yeah, I think it was national news. I have a friend whose best friend's father worked for the Portland PD and apparently a recurrent theory is that he may have been sold into some sort of sex trafficking ring. The police were able to track her cell phone to Sauvie Island, which is just north of Portland on the Columbia. If that were the case, a ship could travel from there and be on international waters within a couple of hours. What really creeped me out about the case was the fact that the photo they used in the bulletins was taken within an hour of him disappearing. Very eerie.

Out of curiosity, where are you from in Montana? I see you have Patricia Meehan as your avatar, which is another case that's always fascinated me. My mom is from Billings and I have a lot of family in the eastern part of the state and have spent a lot of time there over the years.

Montana has quite a few odd cases itself. Have you heard of the Miranda Fenner murder? My great aunt and uncle lived in Laurel near Billings, and she was my cousins' babysitter. Someone stabbed her to death, quite brutally, in the video store there, and I don't think they've ever solved it. I remember seeing reward flyers in the town when we'd visit when I was a kid and being terrified of them.
Drown Soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:25 PM   #63
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Forum 3K Club Member

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Out of curiosity, where are you from in Montana? I see you have Patricia Meehan as your avatar, which is another case that's always fascinated me. My mom is from Billings and I have a lot of family in the eastern part of the state and have spent a lot of time there over the years.

Montana has quite a few odd cases itself. Have you heard of the Miranda Fenner murder? My great aunt and uncle lived in Laurel near Billings, and she was my cousins' babysitter. Someone stabbed her to death, quite brutally, in the video store there, and I don't think they've ever solved it. I remember seeing reward flyers in the town when we'd visit when I was a kid and being terrified of them.
I'm in central Montana, but I was born and raised in Western Montana. Pretty close to where Father Kerrigan disappeared in the 80's actually.... Despite that, I went to school at MSU-Bozeman and my husband is also from Eastern Montana. I *AM* familiar with the Miranda Fenner murder! I was a clerk at a convenience store in Bozeman around the same time she was murdered in Laurel, which is about 90 minutes to the east. The brutality of the crime makes me think she was killed by someone she knew, but I'm shocked that it's still unsolved all these years later. I'm not sure what poster you're speaking of... unless it's THIS one:

LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:08 PM   #64
Drown Soda
Superstitious cinephile
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
I'm in central Montana, but I was born and raised in Western Montana. Pretty close to where Father Kerrigan disappeared in the 80's actually.... Despite that, I went to school at MSU-Bozeman and my husband is also from Eastern Montana. I *AM* familiar with the Miranda Fenner murder! I was a clerk at a convenience store in Bozeman around the same time she was murdered in Laurel, which is about 90 minutes to the east. The brutality of the crime makes me think she was killed by someone she knew, but I'm shocked that it's still unsolved all these years later. I'm not sure what poster you're speaking of... unless it's THIS one:

Oy vey, yeah, I've seen that one. There was another photo of her that I remember being used in flyers that I'd see in the town. I went back there a few years ago to visit and still saw them occasionally. I think that's probably the worst crime that town has seen. The photos of her themselves aren't scary of course, but it just always really bothered me because I knew all of the grim details about what happened to her. My great aunt and uncle were actually eating at a restaurant next-door to the video store when she was murdered.

Montana has an interesting history of crime. I remember visiting the old state prison in Deer Lodge-- they used to have a museum there that was dedicated to the state's law enforcement. They've since shut the museum down, but I remember going there as a kid and they had this very creepy sculpted bust of a John Doe they had found wrapped in sheets and chains somewhere outside of Butte. I've looked all over the internet for details on that crime but have never been able to find anything on it.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:27 PM   #65
asmitty
Forum Regular

Quote:
I'm from Portland, OR and the Kyron Horman disappearance is definitely UM material. He went missing in 2008 and it was huge news. Still unsolved, though most people suspect his stepmother. It's a fascinating case.
I can't think about the case of Kyron without my blood absolutely boiling. It's always tragic when something bad happens to a child but it's so much worse when the person who is obviously responsible is the person that child should have been able to trust to take care of them. I know she wasn't his blood parent, but she was supposed to be someone he could count on to keep him safe.
asmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:33 PM   #66
MissFit29
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller
I agree, kadrmaskb. I was always hoping they would cover Jacob Wetterling, but at least his case was solved.

I agree that the Chris Jenkins case would be a good one. It started off as another young drunk kid fell in the river, however there is a lot of evidence that he was murdered. It would make a great UM case.
Wasn't there a time period (within a year or two) where there were about 4 young men who were found dead in the river? Maybe a St. Cloud man too?
MissFit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:46 PM   #67
UM_FAN_79
Occasional Poster

The disappearance of Tiffany Sessions in 1989. I grew up in Florida and this was a huge story at the time. It wasn't until 3 years ago that police finally named serial killer Paul Rowles as the suspect, but he already died in prison and her body has never been found.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/the-lost-daughter-2/

Name:  EP-140209623.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  17.2 KB

Last edited by UM_FAN_79; 03-10-2017 at 04:04 PM.
UM_FAN_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 01:23 AM   #68
Drown Soda
Superstitious cinephile
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmitty
I can't think about the case of Kyron without my blood absolutely boiling. It's always tragic when something bad happens to a child but it's so much worse when the person who is obviously responsible is the person that child should have been able to trust to take care of them. I know she wasn't his blood parent, but she was supposed to be someone he could count on to keep him safe.
That's a sentiment shared by most people, especially locals. I think she was despised by just about every person in Portland, and probably the rest of the state too.

There's no doubt in my mind that Terri Horman was involved—too many odd things that simply do not add up. Her cell phone being tracked to Sauvie Island right after he disappeared speaks volumes. They did extensive searches of the island, but never did find anything to my knowledge. It's not a huge island, but it's big enough—roughly the size of Manhattan—but made up mostly of farms and wildlife. If he was murdered, I believe he was disposed of in the river and will probably never be found. It's either that, or he was sold into some sort of child sex trafficking and passed off to a boat or ship on the river. Portland has always had a seedy history of prostitution and sex trafficking that dates back to to the turn of the 20th century.

I remember seeing a news broadcast a few years ago stating that she had attempted to change her name but the judge dismissed her request. I believe she lives in Eugene, OR now, and is working as a mental health counselor, which is pretty disturbing in context.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:25 AM   #69
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by UM_FAN_79
The disappearance of Tiffany Sessions in 1989. I grew up in Florida and this was a huge story at the time. It wasn't until 3 years ago that police finally named serial killer Paul Knowles as the suspect, but he already died in prison and her body has never been found.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/the-lost-daughter-2/

Attachment 216358
I remember seeing the 48 Hours (or maybe it was Dateline) special on her disappearance. I really felt for her father. You could tell that he has not lived a single day of his life since she disappeared.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:27 PM   #70
UM_FAN_79
Occasional Poster

Yeah. He clearly never recovered from her disappearance/murder. He's basically just a broken man left in shambles to this day.
UM_FAN_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 12:42 PM   #71
Laura77
Frequent Poster

www.canadiangurl77.com

A site devoted to the disappearance of Trenny Lynn Gibson
Laura77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 01:00 PM   #72
bell83
You're in high school again.
Forum Regular

The 1984 unsolved murder of Dawn Svocak. There was a person of interest, but there was no evidence. A person I know was actually questioned by police, because he worked at a junk yard, and the POI had sold his car to the junk yard. The police wanted to examine the car, but it had already been sent to the crusher.
Old 06-28-2018, 03:41 PM   #73
MissFit29
Forum Regular

Sue Swedell - a young woman who went missing in 1988 from Lake Elmo, Minnesota. The case is getting a lot of attention this year.

[URL="https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/06/lake-elmo-teenager-vanished-susan-swedell-cold-case-1998-30-years-ago/"URL]
MissFit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:31 PM   #74
drew790
Forum Regular

Shelley Desrochers. Missing for 3 years now. One of atleast 3 missing in recent years.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...-in-london-ont

Podcast mentioned in the article:
https://standupspeakup.podbean.com/e...-know-shelley/
drew790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:10 PM   #75
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

From a similar thread:

UM didn't even scratch the surface when it came to cases in the Cornhusker State. These are some of the more notable ones I could find.

Peak Family Murders (1972 - Grand Island)
https://www.pinow.com/articles/471/i...-1972-killings

Oliva Disappearance (1973 - Wilbur)
http://www.sewardindependent.com/wil...9bb30f31a.html

Webb Murder (1974 - Lincoln)
http://journalstar.com/patricia-webb...e1c5cd0f8.html

Morely Murder (1984 - Bellevue)
http://www.omaha.com/sarpy/bellevue/...23697116a.html

Cutshall Abduction (1987 - Norfolk)
http://charleyproject.org/cases/c/cutshall_jillian.html

Bennett Murder (1988 - Alma)
http://journalstar.com/news/local/ci...0c58282ad.html

Cronin Murder (1992 - Omaha)