Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-10-2017, 01:59 PM   #16
schmave
Frequent Poster

Personally, I think he wandered into the Canadian wilderness and killed himself. I'm sure there is a ton of places up there where you could do that and not be found for 100 years if ever.
I am wondering how he got across the border. Surely it took him many hours to get up to the border from Kansas City (not exactly a short hike), and it was known from the very beginning that he was the killer. Even though it was 1980, that kind of word would have to spread fast among law enforcement unless it never occurred to them to put out a watch for him at either the Canadian or Mexican borders.

Last edited by schmave; 02-01-2018 at 03:10 PM.
schmave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:45 AM   #17
SoLDieR505
First Time Poster

. I can not believe this scum piece of crap has not been found. I was SHOCKED when there was no update
SoLDieR505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:48 PM   #18
cdr369
Frequent Poster

I vote that he is dead.

Because of his personality, and difficulties in school and with his peers, he seemed to have some internal turmoil going on (the murder of his victim aside). I believe he killed himself and just was never discovered.
cdr369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:52 PM   #19
fascination
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLDieR505
. I can not believe this scum piece of crap has not been found. I was SHOCKED when there was no update
I felt just the same way. The advantage to watching UM all these years later is the satisfaction of seeing those updates, knowing the culprits were caught. Was really saddened to see that wasn’t the case here. (This makes me realize how much scarier the show was when on TV: all these people were out there, trying to hide. I remember being particularly spooked every time it was mentioned they had perhaps fled to Canada- where I live. Teenage me would always literally look over my shoulder and out the window when Stack said that. )

I’m really on the fence as to dead or alive. I see the committing suicide if he was isolated, being the incompetent, selfish and sick man he was. I also see hiding away with help from friends and family until he found a new woman off which to sponge. But it’s hard to think that his laziness coupled with his ideas that everyone was against him wouldn’t result in another homicide or violence.

Either way, despicable he got away with it, and sent that horrible letter to her family.
fascination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:06 AM   #20
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

Like one of the earlier posters, he doesn't seem like the kind of person who could carry out a crime like this and then go off and create a new life for himself. Based on that, I'd say he's dead.

Though on the other hand, this case bears some vague similarities to the case of another ex-med student up here.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...urders-n673386
Huskerz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 01:02 PM   #21
mothwings
Occasional Poster

For anyone wanting to read the full version of this murderer's sickening letter to the Kopric Family, here it is.

"Dear Kopric Family,

Please realize it is most difficult for us to write this letter. However we feel you deserve a complete explanation concerning the following events.
Your daughter, Tatjana Kopric has been executed in Kansas City, MO. She has caused so much grief, turmoil and anguish to so many Americans that this act was necessary. Tanja had lost all sense of her parameters – She mocked our nation, She mocked our people, She mocked out culture. She attempted to dictate her perversive will on everyone. She had been asked to leave our country and she refused. It became clear that her only motive for being in this country was to become wealthy at the expense of anyone or anything. I hope you can begin to understand why her execution was inevitable.
Please understand this act was performed by professional assassins and that no acts of revenge are possible.
Sincerely the People of the United States of America."

My opinion: he is most certainly alive. He also most likely comes to this thread sometimes and reads what we're posting about him and is probably chuckling at it. This case has always haunted me. I think that he planned this out way in advance as certain actions he took shows that. Therefore, I think he already had a plan to go into hiding and was prepared for that. As for not being found after all these years, as a poster said above, you have to wonder how much effort has been put into finding him. The FBI has dropped the ball in some cases and this could be one of them. I would like to hear what the Kansas City Police Department has to say about this case after all these years – if they think he's alive or dead and if they are even searching for him anymore.

It's a tragic, disturbing case all-around and I feel deeply for her parents. I wonder if they are still alive? Unlikely, I know. There is so little information on this case.

I don't think he killed himself. He was narcissistic and wouldn't take any of the blame. I don't think he would drive that far to kill himself either.

This line really irks me: "She attempted to dictate her perversive will on everyone" – clearly what this animal did.

Very similar to another piece of work, Richard Bare. I'm stunned he hasn't been caught.

Last edited by mothwings; 01-29-2018 at 02:49 PM.
mothwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 01:55 PM   #22
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Forum 3K Club Member

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothwings
For anyone wanting to read the full version of this murderer's sickening letter to the Kopric Family, here it is.

"Dear Kopric Family,

Please realize it is most difficult for us to write this letter. However we feel you deserve a complete explanation concerning the following events.
Your daughter, Tatjana Kopric has been executed in Kansas City, MO. She has caused so much grief, turmoil and anguish to so many Americans that this act was necessary. Tanja has lost all sense of her parameters – She mocked our nation, She mocked our people, She mocked out culture. She attempted to dictate her perversive will on everyone. She had been asked to leave our country and she refused. It became clear that her only motive for being in this country was to become wealthy at the expense of anyone or anything. I hope you can begin to understand why her execution was inevitable.
Please understand this act was performed by professional assassins and that – – (?)– – of revenge are possible.

My opinion: he is most certainly alive. He also most likely comes to this thread sometimes and reads what we're posting about him and is probably chuckling at it. This case has always haunted me. I think that he planned this out way in advance as certain actions he took shows that. Therefore, I think he already had a plan to go into hiding and was prepared for that. As for not being found after all these years, as a poster said above, you have to wonder how much effort has been put into finding him. The FBI has dropped the ball in some cases and this could be one of them. I would like to hear what the Kansas City Police Department has to say about this case after all these years – if they think he's alive or dead and if they are even searching for him anymore.

It's a tragic, disturbing case all-around and I feel deeply for her parents. I wonder if they are still alive? Unlikely, I know. There is so little information on this case.

I don't think he killed himself. He was narcissistic and wouldn't take any of the blame. I don't think he would drive that far to kill himself either.

This line really irks me: "She attempted to dictate her perversive will on everyone" – clearly what this animal did.

Very similar to another piece of work, Richard Bare. I'm stunned he hasn't been caught.
Welcome!

Thanks for the full text of that letter. Just sad. And horrible. Yowza.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 03:32 PM   #23
Jon
Forum Regular

Anytime a violent criminal is unaccounted for, they should be assumed alive until proven otherwise. I believe this should always be law enforcement's approach.

This is especially true in this case, as Bocklage was quite young when he disappeared.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:11 PM   #24
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:

"Dear Kopric Family,

Your daughter, Tatjana Kopric has been executed in Kansas City, MO. She has caused so much grief, turmoil and anguish to so many Americans that this act was necessary. Tanja had lost all sense of her parameters – She mocked our nation, She mocked our people, She mocked out culture. She attempted to dictate her perversive will on everyone. She had been asked to leave our country and she refused. It became clear that her only motive for being in this country was to become wealthy at the expense of anyone or anything. I hope you can begin to understand why her execution was inevitable.
Please understand this act was performed by professional assassins and that no acts of revenge are possible.
Ugh!!!

How has this miserable POS not been caught? That letter is joke. In an attempt to deflect blame, he's painting her as basically a James Bond villain.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:08 PM   #25
DALLASTEXAN!!

He’s a turd
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:04 PM   #26
schmave
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Anytime a violent criminal is unaccounted for, they should be assumed alive until proven otherwise. I believe this should always be law enforcement's approach.

This is especially true in this case, as Bocklage was quite young when he disappeared.
If memory serves from the segment, I want to say he was 23 at the time of the murder which would make him 60 or 61 today. Absolutely possible that he's still alive. Personally, I believe he killed himself somewhere in the back woods in Manitoba. Way too big a risk to come back to the U.S. IMO.
schmave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 04:41 PM   #27
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmave
If memory serves from the segment, I want to say he was 23 at the time of the murder which would make him 60 or 61 today. Absolutely possible that he's still alive. Personally, I believe he killed himself somewhere in the back woods in Manitoba. Way too big a risk to come back to the U.S. IMO.
Agreed. He most certainly could still be alive, but that would require a complete personality shift/transformation from the way he was portrayed in the segment. Barring such an improbability (or perhaps the fact he could be living as a hermit somewhere like the Unabomber was there for a while), I'd say he's dead.
Huskerz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:30 PM   #28
Fletch
Cabin fever
Frequent Poster

I highly doubt he killed himself after sending a grandstanding letter like that to her family. I bet he's living somewhere in Canada under an assumed name.
Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:58 PM   #29
James T

Quote:

"Dear Kopric Family,

The letter looks like one of Trump's immigration policy statements. Not sure what the idea was-to try to make it look like he was past of some right-wing group, or been framed for the murder by them. Or was it just his ego trying to justify it & trying to convince himself that most people in the USA would be on his side?
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 04:01 PM   #30
James T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
I highly doubt he killed himself after sending a grandstanding letter like that to her family. I bet he's living somewhere in Canada under an assumed name.
I think he quietly slipped out of the country with false documents & created a new life for himself somewhere.
James T is offline   Reply With Quote